The Three Slayer Archetypes

Solartide

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I were to categorize myself, I'd be:

Me: Wears Guthans or any other type of Barrows (excluding Veracs). Brings too much food, i.e. Two Bunyips, 11 Sharks and an enh. excalibur for EVERY single task. Doesn't like to socialize, but will start friendly conversation when prompted. Prides himself on his skillcape and Full Slayer Helmet (e).

So probably Barrows Beasts, Overkill Slayer and the Quiet One.

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

7) Slayer is the Best Slayers

These poor, deluded people seem to think that Slayer is the best option for experience, the best option for money, and the best option for charms. They have never heard of Dharoking Mummies / Green Dragons (Boss Hunting) / Rock Lobsters. They will also fight anyone who suggests that Slayer is an inefficient training method if one wants melee experience only. Slayer is the Best Slayers also tend to whip everything and often claim that quests are stupid.

Got me almost pinned down minus the fighting that slayer is the best. I could care less what other people think of the skill. I personally love it.

oaM0.png
fXPnd.png

Glory is better then fury. The only thing fury has over glory is slightly more defense. And once you have the higher lvl stuff, +10 def isn't going to matter over having an instant teleport to the bank..

The real nooblets are the ones who say fury is better then str ammy for max hits. lol

It isn't

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Runescape player since January 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Glory is better then fury. The only thing fury has over glory is slightly more defense. And once you have the higher lvl stuff, +10 def isn't going to matter over having an instant teleport to the bank..

The real nooblets are the ones who say fury is better then str ammy for max hits. lol

It isn't

What about the +2 to strength and prayer of the fury? Also, the +12 to magic defense is not bad at all. Think of the Fury as a Bandos Tassets upgrade + a Karil's Top all in one.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

I'm the ex-slayer.

I have reached 99 slayer and just slay occasionally for fun. I unblocked the tasks that used to be blocked (wyverns) and blocked monsters that a normal slayer wouldn't dare to block such as daggonoths. But I don't need cannon experience any more (99 slayer and 99 range) so why would I?

I don't cannon anything anymore. I just do some tasks once in a while for nostalgic purposes.

I frown upon these efficiency freaks around me. Things used to be better in the old days of course. Real men did slayer.

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png

I love my torags, slayer helm, fury whip dfs, and bunyip?

guess that makes me a summoning super noob :thumbsup:

Teshi...

[hide=Stats & Goals]

teshiburu.png

Teshiburu.png

Teshiburu.png

Teshiburu.png

[/hide]

Feel Free To Add Me In Game I Love Talking To Anyone| Void Knight Justicar

99s In Order of Achievement: Fletching, Strength, Cooking]

It isn't

What about the +2 to strength and prayer of the fury? Also, the +12 to magic defense is not bad at all. Think of the Fury as a Bandos Tassets upgrade + a Karil's Top all in one.

That is the thing. You are thinking of "max hit, and then some other stuff"

I said "max hit". Not Def, not prayer, but max hit. In that area, str ammy > fury NO QUESTIONS. but in everything BUT max hit, fury > str ammy

However, in most situations where you don't need the extra def, glopry > fury because you don't need to have a tele tab in your inventory.

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Defender is ALWAYS better then DFS for slayer, with super antifires at least, just like warrior is often better the serker.

And Wkw, WTF? Glory has less str and prayer then a fury, thus making fury>glory. Who needs the tele? Just hometele of bring a tab, its not like you need the extra invy space.

Really, you are right to say that for slayer you don't really need the defense of a fury, but there is no way on earth that the teleport is better then the strength and prayer bonus of the fury, especially for people who pray EVERY task. I turmoil every task, and most people on curses or even normal prayers who are serious slayers use either 10/15% prayers, or berserker.

I use bandos, but if I don't have it for some reason, I use prossy or prossy+v skirt or veracs, and turmoil. It honestly is faster then bandos+no turmoil. And fire cape>SW cape. The extra P pots used are such a little cost I can easily make up the time in a herb run and DKS.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Wheres the Slayer who turmoils every task in Prossy/Fire cape?

Swimming in his maxed cash pile of course.

hzyi3.gif

Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature!

Can't believe this thread is still open...

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

The fight between DFS and Rune Defender depends on what style your looking for. If you want offensive bonuses, go for the Defender. For defensive bonuses, use the DFS.

Why argue that one is better than the other when they are used for different scenarios?

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

The fight between DFS and Rune Defender depends on what style your looking for. If you want offensive bonuses, go for the Defender. For defensive bonuses, use the DFS.

Why argue that one is better than the other when they are used for different scenarios?

Because some people think Runescape is a job and treat anything even slightly inefficient as idiocy.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

..... These people often have Steel Dragons / Skeletal Wyverns unblocked even when they can't deal with them because of VISAGE!11!!1!11.......

implying that steel dragons are a bad task.

only kiddies cant get a task of em done in <50 mins

Without super-antis and decent (90+ attack) melees, these do take forever.

ever tried maging them with an arcane stream? Miths are actually push overs now because of it.

Miths use their fire breath rarely . So even people without 85+ herblore can ZS them. It's really fast.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Because it's a thread about slayer and there aren't any scenarios in which you'll need the defence boost over the defender.

And Mecakoto, this thread is probably still alive because a TIF miracle occured and a decent discussion sprouted. :mellow:

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

Only the rich players train in prossy with turmoil/piety on 24/7 on slayer task...

Like Ollyc3 and me :D

Although I'm far poorer then Ollyc3 :P

I'm not rich but that's probably because I slay like you guys :P

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Defender is ALWAYS better then DFS for slayer, with super antifires at least, just like warrior is often better the serker.

And Wkw, WTF? Glory has less str and prayer then a fury, thus making fury>glory. Who needs the tele? Just hometele of bring a tab, its not like you need the extra invy space.

Really, you are right to say that for slayer you don't really need the defense of a fury, but there is no way on earth that the teleport is better then the strength and prayer bonus of the fury, especially for people who pray EVERY task. I turmoil every task, and most people on curses or even normal prayers who are serious slayers use either 10/15% prayers, or berserker.

I use bandos, but if I don't have it for some reason, I use prossy or prossy+v skirt or veracs, and turmoil. It honestly is faster then bandos+no turmoil. And fire cape>SW cape. The extra P pots used are such a little cost I can easily make up the time in a herb run and DKS.

When is warrior better than berserker? As far as i can tell, as whip is now obselete, it's next to useless. Neither do i understand why people get onyx rings- there are next to no slayer tasks where a rapier doesn't hit with almost max accuracy(miths, steels, maybe wyverns, waterfiends aswell but you wouldn't use rapier there) so the 5 stab is next to useless compared to 4(or 8) strength. Same with proselyte- if you already have 19 prayer bonus with bandos and are wasting(most would say so i guess) money on overload/turmoil, is the 11 prayer bonus worth the loss of 80 defence(no addidional s/s needed) and 6 strength?

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

When is warrior better than berserker? As far as i can tell, as whip is now obselete, it's next to useless. Neither do i understand why people get onyx rings- there are next to no slayer tasks where a rapier doesn't hit with almost max accuracy(miths, steels, maybe wyverns, waterfiends aswell but you wouldn't use rapier there) so the 5 stab is next to useless compared to 4(or 8) strength. Same with proselyte- if you already have 19 prayer bonus with bandos and are wasting(most would say so i guess) money on overload/turmoil, is the 11 prayer bonus worth the loss of 80 defence(no addidional s/s needed) and 6 strength?

Lets see

Glory costs 50k,3 def, 6 str, 3 prayer

Fury costs 15m (last time I checked), 15 def, 8 str, 5 prayer

Do you REALLY think that the average player is going to have a fury, or even want to get a fury because of the slight bonus, then you need to think again. furys are HARD to get, and cost a ton. If you have 20m, you can either get a whip, barrows, and a fury, or get a godsword. Any way, fury is over priced. It would of been fine at 3-8m. But now, it isn't the best simply because it costs too much.

You can say divine is the best shield in the game, but truly isn't because you will never ever be able to get it

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Lets see

Glory costs 50k,3 def, 6 str, 3 prayer

Fury costs 15m (last time I checked), 15 def, 8 str, 5 prayer

Do you REALLY think that the average player is going to have a fury, or even want to get a fury because of the slight bonus, then you need to think again. furys are HARD to get, and cost a ton. If you have 20m, you can either get a whip, barrows, and a fury, or get a godsword. Any way, fury is over priced. It would of been fine at 3-8m. But now, it isn't the best simply because it costs too much.

You can say divine is the best shield in the game, but truly isn't because you will never ever be able to get it

Remember, we aren't talking about the average player. Instead, this side discussion about the fury vs glory was simply about which is better, without regards to who is using it. I believe it is rather obvious that rarer gear, with higher stats, is going to be more expensive.

And krampel, slaying with piety/turmoil using prossy is actually cheap, only something like 10 p pots a task or whatever.

And yes, onyx ring (i) really isn't better for slayer. Most people don't get it to slay with it, but to boss with, and use the fremmy rings (i) to slay. (At least, the smart ones, not the ones who are slaying with a DFS and str ammy...)

And just because divine is hard to get doesn't keep it from being the best shield... It simply means it is not practically the best shield.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Remember, we aren't talking about the average player. Instead, this side discussion about the fury vs glory was simply about which is better, without regards to who is using it. I believe it is rather obvious that rarer gear, with higher stats, is going to be more expensive.

'better' = ?

i would include value for money in the criteria for deciding how good gear is, because i'l use that gear to get two things - xp and gp - in the shortest time possible. if i have to blow too much money getting the item in the first place, then its merit is instantly reduced for me

so id say there's no clear cut 'best' - it all depends on the users circumstances and purpose

duh :-|

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

I'm 99 slayer and ive found no difference in dragon/rune/bandos for slayer time of tasks. Defender has made tasks shorter then dfs for me. I didnt use super sets on tasks till i was at least 93 slayer just because i was a cheep [wagon]. I have also never used prayers other then pray mele for dark beasts and some metals tasks and stuff like that. for me 10 p pots a task = 100k+ lol no thx im slaying to make money not lose it. Yah yah the whole you will make your money back for that pots via drops... thats almost never been true for me. ive had tasks where ive only made like 30k cuz of bad luck and if i was useing pots id lose money cuz of cost. Also on the whole whip is now useless? that goes into the whole bandos vs barrows thing. yes its better to use chaotic but then u lose money for the little boost. Whip is still great chaotic is a luxury and in no way makes whips useless. i don't understand the whole argument on rings i always use kuradels ferocious ring so that solves that. for the tasks that arnt in her cave there normally weak monsters where a zerker ring is not needed. I use fury only because i got it for 3 mill a while back and glory is ugly and big. If i was poor or had little money id take glory. I dont understand the want for faster slayer training at the cost of money. 1. You got black mask = great boost on accuracy and damage 2. you now have focus sight and hexacrest for magers and rangers 3. ferocious ring = +40 damage you have such a boost already that makes slayer fast i see no reason to rush levels or exp when slayers whole original purpose was to make you money. [wagon] for his 3 slayer types? lol that's completely dumb.. especially the summoner rofl. slayers choose what they wear because they like it or to make the task faster. There is no difference in types of slayers. Giving some1 a different class because he likes to spend money on skills rather than items is dumb.