Making your own items instead of buying them

llVIU

If he doesn't get the dragon bones, who will? hence the point of DIY.

The law of supply and demand exists for that reason.

The price of an item is correct when there is equal amount of supply and demand. E.g. not enough supply -> price rises -> more people start selling the item. In supply and demand based economy there will always be equal amount of sellers and buyers. That's why the price limits in GE are bad: they can cause unbalance in supply and demand.

Lower level players (who can't kill Armadyl bosses) will do the lower level tasks, such as gathering dragon bones.

Technically that's not the law of supply or the law of demand. But you are correct in that if you pay enough, someone will sell it to you.

Funny, stuff on the ge runs out if you buy it in bulk.

Ummmmmm.....................

Not much to say.

If you want to find me in Runescape, my name is not applyapple. It is vetoscadiva.

Complain as you like about Jagex, but think about what they've done. How many MMORPG designers go around to creating as complex an in-game world as Jagex? They do need to get around to making a equipable knife, though.

With everyone's complaining about updates, it's amzing that there isn't a forum topic on the fact that the chat box says "You can't reach that" (as opposed to "I can't reach that!").

Technically that's not the law of supply or the law of demand. But you are correct in that if you pay enough, someone will sell it to you.

No, they don't run out, theres a limit on how much you can buy per 4 hours. For example, 25k runes/ 4 hours, 100 rune sets/ 4 hours, etc.

To be fair, no disrespect meant, but it seems to me 70% of your posts don't make any sense... :blink:

Staurolite.png

No, they don't run out, theres a limit on how much you can buy per 4 hours. For example, 25k runes/ 4 hours, 100 rune sets/ 4 hours, etc.

To be fair, no disrespect meant, but it seems to me 70% of your posts don't make any sense... :blink:

A lot of people say that.

I'm just relating my experiences.

Not much to say.

If you want to find me in Runescape, my name is not applyapple. It is vetoscadiva.

Complain as you like about Jagex, but think about what they've done. How many MMORPG designers go around to creating as complex an in-game world as Jagex? They do need to get around to making a equipable knife, though.

With everyone's complaining about updates, it's amzing that there isn't a forum topic on the fact that the chat box says "You can't reach that" (as opposed to "I can't reach that!").

oh noes other ppls find something else enjoyable Y O Y?????

Thanks for completely missing the point of the rant even after it's been explained at least three times how much you're missing the point of the rant. :rolleyes:

The example in the OP is a rather poor one, though, since killing green dragons for dragon bones often is more efficient than buying dragon bones--it's pretty damn good profit on its own. A better example would be picking and spinning flax for stringing bows.

I don't understand this.

Your stating that its better to make money then spend it IF you can make more than you spend.

And some people have a liking of doing things inefficiently, but "fun."

Why are there arguments in this thread.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

I don't understand this.

Your stating that its better to make money then spend it IF you can make more than you spend.

And some people have a liking of doing things inefficiently, but "fun."

Why are there arguments in this thread.

If you create a rant, people will argue with it.

Not much to say.

No one said this, and if you think that is what the rant is about, you are an idiot.

PM me for fitocracy invite

No one said this, and if you think that is what the rant is about, you are an idiot.

He's saying it's better to make money and spend it than to get the stuff you are buying yourself if you have a higher leftover cash pile after you have what you're looking for.

Not much to say.

Funny, someone obviously doesn't understand the economic impacts of the price ceiling imposed by Jagex.

• 2 weeks later...

When I need something I make it, catch it, whatever.

Unless he/she is wanting hides for craft, or melee xp, I can see slightly where you are coming from.

satya1avesta.png

Yea that'd be fun...if I was stupid.

So this guy is making 100k per day at green dragons... doesn't that mean that he is, on average, taking about an hour to kill each green dragon? :P

More to the point, I fully agree with you. It bugs me when people say they're "saving money" by using Miscellania herbs instead of selling them, since they don't have to buy the herbs later.

oh noes other ppls find something else enjoyable Y O Y?????

Thanks for completely missing the point of the rant even after it's been explained at least three times how much you're missing the point of the rant. :rolleyes:

The example in the OP is a rather poor one, though, since killing green dragons for dragon bones often is more efficient than buying dragon bones--it's pretty damn good profit on its own. A better example would be picking and spinning flax for stringing bows.

that post wasn't directed at the OP :P

I understand his point of people thinking DIY is more efficient then say armadyl when its not, but ultimately you should always play the game the way you enjoy most.

So this guy is making 100k per day at green dragons... doesn't that mean that he is, on average, taking about an hour to kill each green dragon? :P

More to the point, I fully agree with you. It bugs me when people say they're "saving money" by using Miscellania herbs instead of selling them, since they don't have to buy the herbs later.

I understand your point, but its a bad example. A better one would be people who grow irits to make super attacks to train herblore, when they could grow a higher profit herb to buy irits to train herblore.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I understand his point of people thinking DIY is more efficient then say armadyl when its not, but ultimately you should always play the game the way you enjoy most.

And there are many things that, ultimately, are true. For example, ultimately, real life is more important than Runescape. However, just because it's true doesn't mean it's relevant. I'm not going to go around posting like this in every thread:

OP: What's the best equipment for me to bring on my waterfiend slayer task?

Me: The most important thing is that Runescape is only a game--it shouldn't be your life. So make sure you're getting plenty of sleep, spending some time outside, and not neglecting your school/work.

OP: ...

Me: Well it's true.

That's just patronizing and unnecessary. In this case, the fact that you should play Runescape for fun is completely irrelevant to this topic. If you understood his point, why would you even bring it up?