The death of dungeoneering?

ghjkl

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F19- 13:39 maze, fished some morays

F20-15:33 stomp boss is lame

solos have some variance and thiers things that can slow u down.....but otherwise they shouldnt take more than 20 mins if u are rushing and im sure if i spent a day soloing id be pro at it.

StarViv.png

c6 solo should not take more than 10min, unless you punch all the monsters, mine all rocks, smith everything, rc, fish all spots, etc.

I would challenge that statement as complete and utter tosh!

Are you one of those who runs around just opening doors? It can take several minutes to finish the boss.

My CB level is 20 higher than yours and you say you can do it 70 minutes quicker. Do me a favour, dont post nonsense.

Lets find a time that you and I are both free. We'll do lets say F15 2:1. You can time me.

But seriously, I average 10min (9-16minute asymmetric interval). Here is what I do. As soon as dungeon start, I open doors. Kill monsters that I need to kill (guardian doors and low level ones). I avoid the high lvl monsters (114 mage, 90 shade). In the dead end rooms, I leave 1 or 2 of the highest lvl monsters behind. I get my supplies as soon as I open my first door. I dont gatestone on smalls; home tele is sufficient. It is a 4x4, but the average number of rooms is only 12 or 13. 30% of rooms are empty. The time consuming rooms are the fishing ones and the making 5 weapons one. The golem room is easy, but that golem is a slow walker.

I pray flick incredible reflexes for lvl 50+ monsters.

I also avoid unnecessary running to save on energy.

All of my numbers are for f2p dungeons only. So if you compare mem dungeons where you have more skills and perhaps a higher lvl cap, then 10min average completion time is of course not accurate. And solo bosses are usually 50-80combat for me. Beating it is around a minute or so.

There's a natural human tendency to exaggerate how much time it takes to do things, biased towards whether the person feels they can do it quickly or slowly. Most people notice more the attempts that support their theories and less the ones that do not. They then extrapolate these "perfect" or "worst case" examples and claim them to be averages. This is how you get some people saying it takes 10 minutes to do a C6 solo dungeon (which is false) and some saying it takes 90 minutes (also false).

Again, there might be a discrepancy between mems and f2p dungeons. My solos are very easy and I have done numerous timings. I didn't pull that number out of nowhere.

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

OK, OK, i'll wind my neck in! :rolleyes:

Just for clarity, I solo members dungeon. It seems like i'm an inexperienced newbie at this dungeoneering lark. It honestly took me 90 minutes last time. :oops:

Also, I might add that I've only achieved 9 levels by playing the 'skill', the rest was levelled using Juna. I'm working to get my prestige up atm, which is only 5, therefore my xp is horrible but is better on C6. I suppose the dilemma is whether to make prestige gain the number one priority, over short-term experience loss.

I'll not comment further but gather information from the discussion.

I still maintain that I'd like to log back in where I left off.

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

Still the proud owner of Quest Cape since 8th December 2007

All skills used to be 70 or higher. (Dang you Dungeoneering. Oh wait, it's not a skill...)

Drops: Whips 8, Black Mask 8, D/Skirt 1, D/Spear 1, D/Shield Left Half 1, D/Boots 12, G/Maul 4, Range Ammy 1, Hexcrest 1.

Just for clarity, I solo members dungeon. It seems like i'm an inexperienced newbie at this dungeoneering lark. It honestly took me 90 minutes last time. :oops:

Also, I might add that I've only achieved 9 levels by playing the 'skill', the rest was levelled using Juna. I'm working to get my prestige up atm, which is only 5, therefore my xp is horrible but is better on C6. I suppose the dilemma is whether to make prestige gain the number one priority, over short-term experience loss.

It has already been confirmed long ago that jagex are infact working and have been working on saving your progress on solo dungeons, however, it's not a small project and it's not confirmed to be launches with B2. Also, you are a baby dungeoneer and barely even know how to efficently do dungeons at your level(no offence, i wasn't too good at that level either) so it's next to worthless posting figures from that progress- The people who do 8 minute dungeons are nearly maxed, have atleast 2 great items bound(most likely prom spear/plate, atleast that's best for solo) and are efficient in completing puzzles, know the bosses weaknesses.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

It has already been confirmed long ago that jagex are infact working and have been working on saving your progress on solo dungeons, however, it's not a small project and it's not confirmed to be launches with B2. Also, you are a baby dungeoneer and barely even know how to efficently do dungeons at your level(no offence, i wasn't too good at that level either) so it's next to worthless posting figures from that progress- The people who do 8 minute dungeons are nearly maxed, have atleast 2 great items bound(most likely prom spear/plate, atleast that's best for solo) and are efficient in completing puzzles, know the bosses weaknesses.

"Baby Dungeoneer" I like that :thumbsup:

Probably need to team with an experienced Dung-Buddy, no wait...... that came out wrong :shock:

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

Still the proud owner of Quest Cape since 8th December 2007

All skills used to be 70 or higher. (Dang you Dungeoneering. Oh wait, it's not a skill...)

Drops: Whips 8, Black Mask 8, D/Skirt 1, D/Spear 1, D/Shield Left Half 1, D/Boots 12, G/Maul 4, Range Ammy 1, Hexcrest 1.

I think you're calling dungeoneering's death a litlte early, considering an entire fraction of the skill still has yet to be released. Perhaps Jagex separated the skill into two parts for this reason: to judge player initial reactions and ensure that the skill was efficient and/or worthwhile once it was complete. If they simply gave us "more floors... more bosses... a few 'meh' rewards", then people will continue to quit at 80 after they get their hard-earned chaotics. There's no way Jagex is going to blow part 2 so badly that Part 1 was the entirety of the skill for most players.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Unfortunate how obsessed with efficiency the RS community is nowadays. I can't stand RC, so I only train it with penguin points. Yesterday I just noticed that I've now got 69 dungeoneering and 69 runecrafting. No doubt, I've spent more hours getting dungeoneering to lvl 69 than I've spent training any other skill up to lvl 69. Yet the time has flown by because I've been having FUN-- something which most people seem to have forgotten about when dungeoneering.

Whenever I go to world 117 to do a large dungeon with someone, they hardly include me-- most of the time they require people to be cb lvl 130+. I've even seen people excluding anyone from their group unless they're 90+ dungeoneering (as if dungeoneering lvl increases efficiency).

The last 5:5 dungeon I did with strangers was led by this easily-agitated lady who kept barking orders at everyone in order to remain as efficient as possible. So, unable to resist the urge, I took the opportunity to disobey her every command and question all of her orders hahaha. It made dungeoneering even more fun than usual :twisted:

So now, whenever I wind up with a group who's obsessed with efficiency and put efficiency before having fun and being friendly with their teammates, I take the opportunity to be as obnoxious as possible. A few examples:

Group leader: "Everybody, WALK around the broken glass or you'll wake up the guards!"

Me: *Runs around all the broken glass, waking up the guards, then leaves the room*

Group leader: "Everybody, walk to the door and don't wake up the ferret!"

Me: *Runs straight for the ferret and tries to catch it*

Group leader: "Rak, wtf are you doing at base? Why arent you helping?"

Me: Setting up hunter traps around the base so nobody can see anything

Ahh, the guilty pleasure of acting like I'm a little kid again <3:

77yLQy8.png

Unfortunate how obsessed with efficiency the RS community is nowadays. I can't stand RC, so I only train it with penguin points. Yesterday I just noticed that I've now got 69 dungeoneering and 69 runecrafting. No doubt, I've spent more hours getting dungeoneering to lvl 69 than I've spent training any other skill up to lvl 69. Yet the time has flown by because I've been having FUN-- something which most people seem to have forgotten about when dungeoneering.

Whenever I go to world 117 to do a large dungeon with someone, they hardly include me-- most of the time they require people to be cb lvl 130+. I've even seen people excluding anyone from their group unless they're 90+ dungeoneering (as if dungeoneering lvl increases efficiency).

The last 5:5 dungeon I did with strangers was led by this easily-agitated lady who kept barking orders at everyone in order to remain as efficient as possible. So, unable to resist the urge, I took the opportunity to disobey her every command and question all of her orders hahaha. It made dungeoneering even more fun than usual :twisted:

So now, whenever I wind up with a group who's obsessed with efficiency and put efficiency before having fun and being friendly with their teammates, I take the opportunity to be as obnoxious as possible. A few examples:

Group leader: "Everybody, WALK around the broken glass or you'll wake up the guards!"

Me: *Runs around all the broken glass, waking up the guards, then leaves the room*

Pissing people off by wasting their time is not funny.

I wholeheartedly disagree. Some people get stressed out way too easily and take trivial things way too seriously. You gotta treat others with respect first if you want respect in return. When I get stuck with people who freak out if you make a minor "inefficient" mistake, that's generally my cue to start lightening things up a bit ;)

I don't expect anyone to agree with how I act in these situations, but just remember that this is a GAME and the point of a game is to have FUN, which I'm doing. Due to the fact that the team leaders I get stuck with are usually stressed-out and pissed off from the start of the dungeon, I find it safe to assume that they weren't gonna be having too much fun regardless if I'd ever joined or not. Sometimes people just need to take a break, relax, and laugh at the situation. If I were being the team leader and one of my teammates started messing around and teasing me, I'd probably laugh and find it pretty funny. It's a shame that a lot of these guys are uptight and lack a good sense of humor :( Oh well, their loss, I guess. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got some dungeoneering to take care of. . .

77yLQy8.png

I wholeheartedly disagree. Some people get stressed out way too easily and take trivial things way too seriously. You gotta treat others with respect first if you want respect in return. When I get stuck with people who freak out if you make a minor "inefficient" mistake, that's generally my cue to start lightening things up a bit ;)

I don't expect anyone to agree with how I act in these situations, but just remember that this is a GAME and the point of a game is to have FUN, which I'm doing. Due to the fact that the team leaders I get stuck with are usually stressed-out and pissed off from the start of the dungeon, I find it safe to assume that they weren't gonna be having too much fun regardless if I'd ever joined or not. Sometimes people just need to take a break, relax, and laugh at the situation. If I were being the team leader and one of my teammates started messing around and teasing me, I'd probably laugh and find it pretty funny. It's a shame that a lot of these guys are uptight and lack a good sense of humor :( Oh well, their loss, I guess. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got some dungeoneering to take care of. . .

i prefer efficiency freaks leaders to the Uh idk what we are doing leaders.............but anyway usually if u wake the ferret or the guards its "oops" if u lag during levers or mime its a 'my bad" unnless its happening constantly it doesnt hurt too much...If its a rush it has to be clear that its a rush though and keyholder/team has to know the plan. i found lately people are more relaxed and not really careing about exp now that most people have thier weapons so your not really messing anyone up but if you find a leader that is giving orders where to go ect....than u should accually pay attention to them because that dungeon is probably going to be finished in a reasonable amount of time
StarViv.png

This is exactly why i say that there is a balance between solo and team playing.

I got to level 20 and quit... the XP is horrible.

It's because you're only level 20.

Once you hit the 50's, the exp will hit you HARD. ;)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Well I agree, fun should be the first priority, but there are efficient ways to train every skill, even the very slowest one. Efficiency isn't really about the fastest total experience, unless of course your only goal is total experience.

In the absence of a system documenting what a player's previous teammates thought of him or her, leaders have to make snap judgments whether or not to accept players. Really, only two factors come into play: speech and combat level. Have you said anything intelligent or something completely stupid? Are you a player moderator (can be both a blessing and a curse)? Have you been teammates before? And the level aspect: do you have a combat level that's considered high? Generalizations are always a bad way of judging individuals, but for forming a team for a 45-60 minute raid, they're certainly better than nothing. In RuneScape, the high level/low level stereotype is (sadly) correct a majority of the time.

So now, whenever I wind up with a group who's obsessed with efficiency and put efficiency before having fun and being friendly with their teammates, I take the opportunity to be as obnoxious as possible. [Example removed]

Hey, you're having fun. More power to you. You have the right to play the game however you want, but I'd like to point out a couple things.

First, it's clear that you have a different goal for what you want to accomplish in the dungeon from the others. There is one player who really wants experience and there are three players putting up with a militant leader for the good of the team and for their own experience. You clearly aren't going to change how these people think or relieve their stress like it relieves yours. There's always a way to lighten up the situation and try to talk to your leader rather than immediately ruining their day. There's a way to both have fun and get good experience at the same time and that's by not blowing up at the first sign of trouble.

Second, you mentioned that your current account is low leveled and that you know you acted like you were a kid. Just be aware of how that confirms the stereotype you complained about earlier. Your actions are only confirming in these players' minds that dealing with low levels or kids (which, for all they know, you are) is a terrible idea. Again, you're only exacerbating the problem and making people more uptight for the future instead of lightening the mood.

While it's well within your right to do that, I'd really like to see the mechanics of large dungeons be changed to the point where it is possible to complete an emote room or lever puzzle even after you kick someone (ie have 4 people).

This is exactly why i say that there is a balance between solo and team playing.

Even with one player sabotaging the team, the experience rates are far greater than what you would be able to solo. The only exception is when a lever puzzle or emote room is IN THE BOSS'S PATH, which would be even rarer halfway through the dungeon (if at the start you could simply reset without losing time), and these circumstances only slightly cut into the humongous exp difference.

It would be silly for me to argue more over experience rates except to once again point out that teaming is much faster experience even if done inefficiently. Feel free to train however you want, but be aware that it is always worth it to form some sort of team for at least floors 30-35.

2496 Completionist

Nice to hear from ya Jett, last time I heard from you was when muggi wasn't banned and you just got 99 hunter and became a P-Mod :P

Like I've said though, I'm not really trying to logically defend my actions, as I'm sure most people would disagree with them since they're somewhat "immoral" to a certain extent, and I realize that. It just doesn't really bother me though because I don't take this game very seriously anymore. I'm well aware that it'd be more "beneficial" for the team if I tried to reason the leader, but I really just don't feel like doing that most of the time. I help enough people with their problems in real life, I don't wanna do it during my free time on RS too :P

About that stereotype thing, a lot of people require lvl 130+ combat-- I'm not a low level like I suppose I implied, though. I'm lvl 128, yet they'll still exclude me. I suppose those 2 extra combat lvls make all the difference, right? :P

I'd also like to clarify that I only fool around in dungeons if the leader's being a jerk to everyone-- I find it amusing :)

77yLQy8.png

Even with one player sabotaging the team, the experience rates are far greater than what you would be able to solo. The only exception is when a lever puzzle or emote room is IN THE BOSS'S PATH, which would be even rarer halfway through the dungeon (if at the start you could simply reset without losing time), and these circumstances only slightly cut into the humongous exp difference.

It would be silly for me to argue more over experience rates except to once again point out that teaming is much faster experience even if done inefficiently. Feel free to train however you want, but be aware that it is always worth it to form some sort of team for at least floors 30-35.

It's not always about the experiance you get but the gaming experiance you feel while going trough the dungeons- most people playing this game like and assume skills are to be leveled alone in an efficient fashion, and when there are people purposely trying to be jerks for the sake of being a jerk while trying to gain good experiance, it really doesn't help. I agree that the team experiance is much better, but the fact that you have to put up with so much **** makes it barely worth it.

Also, muggi, do you know that there are lists of high leveled people who suck at dungeoneering so as to not take them into your team? I havn't personally seen your name on any of the lists but just as a reminder, what goes around comes around, and with a reputation like that there is no wonder you aren't accepted into some of the teams. Also, the 2 levels makes no differance, but because combat is more than easy to train nowadays, it guarantees that the player even bothers with any efficency at all.

It's not always about the experiance you get but the gaming experiance you feel while going trough the dungeons- most people playing this game like and assume skills are to be leveled alone in an efficient fashion, and when there are people purposely trying to be jerks for the sake of being a jerk while trying to gain good experiance, it really doesn't help. I agree that the team experiance is much better, but the fact that you have to put up with so much **** makes it barely worth it.

Also, muggi, do you know that there are lists of high leveled people who suck at dungeoneering so as to not take them into your team? I havn't personally seen your name on any of the lists but just as a reminder, what goes around comes around, and with a reputation like that there is no wonder you aren't accepted into some of the teams. Also, the 2 levels makes no differance, but because combat is more than easy to train nowadays, it guarantees that the player even bothers with any efficency at all.

Hah, that's pretty funny. I wonder if I can report someone for being a jerk to their teammates... :twisted:

77yLQy8.png

I wholeheartedly disagree. Some people get stressed out way too easily and take trivial things way too seriously.

And you *actually* think that deliberately pissing them off by acting like a jerk is going to make them *less* stressed out? I thought you were smarter than that.

You gotta treat others with respect first if you want respect in return. When I get stuck with people who freak out if you make a minor "inefficient" mistake, that's generally my cue to start lightening things up a bit ;)

I can understand reacting to "dungeon Nazis"... my usual response to people who micromanage is something along the lines of "if I wanted to be bossed around, I'd talk to my wife" (though she doesn't really do that either...)

But you're taking it too far in trying to rationalize what is really just griefing. It's not your position to force other people to "have fun" in the way *you* decide. For some players, getting the dungeon done quickly *is* fun.

Also, if you joined a team made on W117 or the RSOF, you should assume they are trying to be efficient, because most players are.

If you want to just play casually, great -- start your own team, say in advance that you want to play that way, and get teammates who agree. Going onto a team of players trying to play efficiently and acting the way you described is just selfish asshat behavior.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

I wholeheartedly disagree. Some people get stressed out way too easily and take trivial things way too seriously.

And you *actually* think that deliberately pissing them off by acting like a jerk is going to make them *less* stressed out? I thought you were smarter than that.

I never said I was trying to alleviate their stress. I'm well aware that my actions don't help the situation.

You gotta treat others with respect first if you want respect in return. When I get stuck with people who freak out if you make a minor "inefficient" mistake, that's generally my cue to start lightening things up a bit ;)

I can understand reacting to "dungeon Nazis"... my usual response to people who micromanage is something along the lines of "if I wanted to be bossed around, I'd talk to my wife" (though she doesn't really do that either...)

But you're taking it too far in trying to rationalize what is really just griefing. It's not your position to force other people to "have fun" in the way *you* decide. For some players, getting the dungeon done quickly *is* fun.

Also, if you joined a team made on W117 or the RSOF, you should assume they are trying to be efficient, because most players are.

If you want to just play casually, great -- start your own team, say in advance that you want to play that way, and get teammates who agree. Going onto a team of players trying to play efficiently and acting the way you described is just selfish asshat behavior.

I also said somewhere else that I'm not trying to defend my actions with logical arguments.

Let me make it clear that I'm not trying to say "Hey, you guys should do what I do! It's fun and there's nothing wrong with it!" It's more like, "This is how I've been spending my free time lately to make an otherwise-annoying dungeoneering situation much more tolerable and enjoyable." I don't expect any of you to mimic my actions, or admire me for them. That'd be silly.

77yLQy8.png

i'm f2p and i play dungeoneering for fun, our rewards are terrible. but i know what you mean the people there have no idea what to do and run around like morons. once and while i'll get a good group and we'll mow down a dungeon like nothing.

i think dungeoneering can be fun and attractive to everyone and that jagex is going to make is so or it would be terrible "skill"

monoclesmilecopy.jpg

Wow, just wow.

Talk about perspectives and playing styles clashing.

I've played with numerous bad players who are obnoxious unhelpful know it alls and who just are deadweight.

In your post you summarized exactly what these players are like.

I am one of those efficiency leaders.

I'm there to dungeon.

I'm not there to be your "friend".

Whenever I go to world 117 to do a large dungeon with someone, they hardly include me

Trust me word of mouth has gotten around to avoid teaming with you.

My preferred solution is to directly add bad dungeoners to my ignore list.

I don't see the "fun" in doing inefficient dungeons.

If you want to do long chill inefficient dungeons or skill in the dungeon find other like-minded players.

I've even seen people excluding anyone from their group unless they're 90+ dungeoneering (as if dungeoneering lvl increases efficiency).

The simple reason for this is so they can avoid teaming up with people like you.

Someone with 90+ dungeon is clearly EFFICIENT and they care about finishing floors fast.

These players also are reasonable enough to know that if the leader or a teammate asks for something it's not because someone is nagging you or telling you to do something there is a good reason behind it.

These players also tend to work well in groups. They won't get into fights with teammates at the tdrop of a hat. They also won't log out 3/4 of the way into a large dungeon.

Oh and btw playing with players who are actually helping makes me the leader relax.

Dungeoning with a great team who is in sync and on the ball is fun.

I see nothing disrespectful or unfriendly coming from that leader, I only see that from you.

Glad we're all having fun at what we do then :)

(somewhat off-topic) something interesting I thought I'd mention...

I was kinda conducting a small experiment by posting about my dungeoneering adventures here to see how people would react, and I was also telling people on my friends list about my adventures. Just as I predicted, all of the tipiters who don't know me very well freaked out, and all my friends thought my stories were hilarious (several of my friends are the same kind of people who I've been irritating in the dungeons). that's the power of first impressions/generalizations, I suppose.

could someone please elaborate on these scary black lists everyone speaks of? are they like wanted lists? do you get a reward for apprehending me if I join your dungeon while I'm on the list? :lol:

I am one of those efficiency leaders.

I'm there to dungeon.

I'm not there to be your "friend".

I'm always friendly with my teammates when I lead groups-- I've made a few cool friends that way. being friendly has no negative effect on dungeon efficiency. if you're being a jerk it just makes the game worse. I don't see how anyone could prefer a callous leader to a friendly one. you say you aren't friendly but I'll assume that you're not unfriendly either. it's the unfriendly people that are obnoxious. nothing wrong with being neutral.

Trust me word of mouth has gotten around to avoid teaming with you.

My preferred solution is to directly add bad dungeoners to my ignore list.

you do understand that I only goof off in dungeons if the leader's being a jerk, right? otherwise I'm friendly and efficient. do me a favor and send me a link to one of these big bad lists for me so in the future when I get a crappy leader, I can report him/her.

I don't see the "fun" in doing inefficient dungeons.

If you want to do long chill inefficient dungeons or skill in the dungeon find other like-minded players.

you misunderstand me, unfortunately. it is not efficiency that bugs me. I have no problem with being efficient-- most of the time I do it in the most efficient manner as possible. my problem is when the team leader is a jerk to everyone and gets pissed off if someone is being the slightest inconvenience to a group-- as qeltar put it, "dungeon Nazis."

77yLQy8.png