[OFFICAL]Tip.it's Patch Note to Jagex

Dire_Wolf

I asked Admin Tripsis to ask other admins if they could send a list/patch note of small things that needs to be fixes to make the game better, and they approved of this. They will send this list to Jagex, but it's no guarantee that Jagex will read it.

This list that I, SirHemen, thought of should be a list of small, but important things that will make the game better. Do you remember the Barrow change? The change where if you open puzzle door, monsters will not interupt you? Did you enjoy that update? That's a good example of a small but important thing that needed a fix.

The list is made by the Tip.it community, and for Jagex to make them aware or if they are aware, remind them. The more players agreeing or asking for a change for a small issue, the higher chance it will be put up on the list. I am one of hopefully many players who will evaluated if a fix is needed or not.

I know of many small things that need fixing, but at the moment i can't remember them. I came across them when i was doing a certain activity or skill. But recently i have stumpled upon some new.

More example of small fixes needed or have been fixed:

Converting Stealing creation points to tools (in bulks) - needs fixing, agree or not?

Converting a Stealing creation crystal thing into tools (in bulks) - needs fixing, agree or not?

Should be able to left click anvil to get Smithing table up - needs fixing, agree or not?

Recent updates that have been fixed (That i have noticed):

You can now left-click rake a patch if there are weeds growing on it.

Barrows puzzle door update - monsters can't interupt you.

THE LIST

Do you find that fixing of something on the list is not so necessary? Please tell, it's important, because the list is only for important things that can be fixed.

Suggest ahead!

DUNGEONEERING

- Fix Dungeoneering so that for example. when you got one empty vial that the "X" option don't appear when you fill it with water. This happens with fletching and others too.

- Maybe leave member content in Dungeoneering out of free worlds

STEALING CREATION MINIGAME

- Make it so you can trade your points for tools IN bulks

- Make it easier to convert Morphic tool into tools, for example. maybe "X"?

SMITHING

- Fix it so that left-clicking a anvil gets the smithing table up

TREASURE TRAILS

- Perhaps make Top hat combineable with a monocle?

Well since I'm dungeoneering I shall only mention dung stuff.

- remove member stuff in F2P dungeoneering

- nerf the combat exp when fighting the Skeletal Horde

- increase the binding limit

- some more stuffs, but I believe wearable skillcapes and F2P fletching are most important.

Hope this helps.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Well since I'm dungeoneering I shall only mention dung stuff.

- remove member stuff in F2P dungeoneering

- nerf the combat exp when fighting the Skeletal Horde

- increase the binding limit

- some more stuffs, but I believe wearable skillcapes and F2P fletching are most important.

Hope this helps.

Nerfing combat exp for Skeletal Horde and increase of bind limit are things i think we should let Jagex deal with. However i agree, P2P items should be taken out of F2P Dungeoneering.

Why isn't Das on the list? :rolleyes:

For me, in dungeoneering:

With things like herblore, normally outside it doesn't prompt you with the 1 option to make "x" potion when you have only 1 ingredient to make a potion. I'd like Jagex to fix those things because they can be time consuming especially when your only making 1 thing and there's only 1 thing that CAN be made from them. Yes I want to string ONE bow, I only have the materials for ONE bow.

If you sort of get what I mean.

Popoto.~<3

Why isn't Das on the list? :rolleyes:

For me, in dungeoneering:

With things like herblore, normally outside it doesn't prompt you with the 1 option to make "x" potion when you have only 1 ingredient to make a potion. I'd like Jagex to fix those things because they can be time consuming especially when your only making 1 thing and there's only 1 thing that CAN be made from them. Yes I want to string ONE bow, I only have the materials for ONE bow.

If you sort of get what I mean.

I actually do! :thumbup: I will add it to the list.

Make the number of orb spawns consistent in the Great Orb Project. 3-6 on mind? No thanks. 3-4 on water? No thanks. Give the same number for every game.

Also make it impossible to repeatedly quit and join teams - at least a 30 second delay. Nothing more annoying than to have someone fail glitch once, clock resets, they join again and fail glitch again.

There's other things I want fixed with GOP, but that's one of the bigger "small" bug.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Make the number of orb spawns consistent in the Great Orb Project. 3-6 on mind? No thanks. 3-4 on water? No thanks. Give the same number for every game.

Also make it impossible to repeatedly quit and join teams - at least a 30 second delay. Nothing more annoying than to have someone fail glitch once, clock resets, they join again and fail glitch again.

There's other things I want fixed with GOP, but that's one of the bigger "small" bug.

This involves of changing the minigame by more than a little and i do not know how to handle this one because i do not know GOP so well. So FOR ME, this seems like a bit to much to put it on the list. For example i wouldn't suggest a "X" for a skill, if i knew it would affect Runescape community by alot. That's Jagex call. Example of such, Prayer X-button.

But i will wait for more peoples opinion on this issue.

Oh, here's a good one!

In Dungeoneering, how about we DON'T have skill doors over level 99 for skills you can't boost? I'm talking about those annoying Evil Spirits that require a miraculous level 107 prayer to exorcise...on the same note, no skill doors past level 99 in nonmembers, since they cannot boost at all.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't have skill doors you can't open, but you should get able to reasonably be able to open them. In other words, opening a skill door should never be an impossibility. Level 110 summoning is impossible. Level 108 Firemaking in f2p isn't going to happen. For all doors that fall under that category, just make it a level 99 requirement. Easy. A level 85 miner confronting a level 90 mining door? Keep that, that's reasonable.

Oh, here's a good one!

In Dungeoneering, how about we DON'T have skill doors over level 99 for skills you can't boost? I'm talking about those annoying Evil Spirits that require a miraculous level 107 prayer to exorcise...on the same note, no skill doors past level 99 in nonmembers, since they cannot boost at all.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't have skill doors you can't open, but you should get able to reasonably be able to open them. In other words, opening a skill door should never be an impossibility. Level 110 summoning is impossible. Level 108 Firemaking in f2p isn't going to happen. For all doors that fall under that category, just make it a level 99 requirement. Easy. A level 85 miner confronting a level 90 mining door? Keep that, that's reasonable.

^ I agree.

Most of us do not have all 99s, and there aren't enough maxxed total level players out there to help everyone out with those doors either. I reckon there shouldn't be level 100+ requirements at all really, 100+ stats should be a 'bonus', not a 'requirement' in Daemonheim dungeons, but that's just my opinion :)

2vuhgcn.png

Skill doors you can't open are never a requirement. They are always bonus rooms. Which, at least, is something Jagex thought of.

I'm just saying, there are some doors that are IMPOSSIBLE to open, no matter your skill levels. Those should be removed entirely.

Make Patchy able to put the Monocle and Top hat together.

Just sayin'.

That's not a fix, but it is a SIMPLE but most likely appricaited suggestion. So i will definetly add it to the list!

Great Orb Project:

- Replace the 10-min penalty with a system that cuts your token reward by half. If you quit sometime during the game, in the next you will only receive half as many tokens. This shall stay this way until you complete the match.

- Make all talisman staffs and the omni-talisman staff usable on Entrana, along with all 3 Explorer's Rings.

- Have all talisman staffs give a +15% boost to magic strength.

- Give the law talisman staff the exact same stats as any other (along with it being usable on Entrana).

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Jagex stated that they were not going to remove mem's content out of f2p which is annoying :mellow: but making the max lvl 99 in f2p should not be hard to do (unless they consider having pots "members content")

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

Fish Flinger Tacklebox:

While good at low levels or fly fishing it really doesn't do much for high level content or even stand close to being worth the time it takes, so I am suggesting some fixes.

*Allow the use of living rock minerals to be stored

*Allow tiers 3+ to be equipped in the shield slot

*Allow the storage of more than 1 Stealing Creation Harpoon

*Have tier 4+ teleport you to fish flingers for the cost of 0 tickets (4+ takes a lot of dedication)

*If any gloves are stored they automaticly give the bonuses (may already be ingame seeing as I don't know how to test it)

*Upgrade the bait slots by x2 or as needed because even 1000 bait won't be enough to camp

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

Quests:

* Allow you to get Rocking Out costumes back (they can be worn and displayed as avatars on the RSOF only if you haven't finished the quest).

* Allow you to keep dark daggers after Legends Quest

Made X:

* Grinding Mud Runes

* Cleaning Herbs

F2P:

* Duelling ring and games necklace for F2P

imagangster.png

Add this to a new techincal/misc. section:

-Debug option which shows fps/latency

-adjustable hotkeys

This

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

Jagex stated that they were not going to remove mem's content out of f2p which is annoying :mellow: but making the max lvl 99 in f2p should not be hard to do (unless they consider having pots "members content")

At the minimun they should sort it out so that binded items in P2P don't affect how many items you can bind in F2P.
imagangster.png

Anisotropic Filtering would be useless to RuneScape as it has such a small viewing area.

It also disallows the use of Anti-Aliasing, so even if it was added, I don't think people would choose AF over AA. I certainly wouldn't.

Besides, does RuneScape even have Oblique Camera Angles?

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

Anisotropic Filtering would be useless to RuneScape as it has such a small viewing area.

It also disallows the use of Anti-Aliasing, so even if it was added, I don't think people would choose AF over AA. I certainly wouldn't.

It doesn't disable anti-aliasing, at least when enabled with ATI Catalyst Control Center.

And I can see a clear difference between 0x and 16x AFed RuneScape.

0x

runescapeaf0x.png

16x

runescapeaf16x.png

It doesn't disable anti-aliasing, at least when enabled with ATI Catalyst Control Center.

And I can see a clear difference between 0x and 16x AFed RuneScape.

[snip images]

Interesting, never had thought that AF would affect something like RuneScape because of its small camera angles.

Provided with that evidence, then yeah: add that to the list.

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

Here's one more to add back: Middle Mouse Button

(ALMOST a shameless plug, given that I wrote that thread myself... Honestly, though, I was thinking of more than myself when I wrote that...)

Even if it were just simply the duplicate left-click it once was, it's better than leaving a dead button or forcing users to change their system-wide behavior for that button. Albeit that it could be expanded, if someone at Jagex could get off their rear and produce the extra code to tack in the extra options. Pretty sure it took adding some code already to distinguish between left and middle, seeing as that button only stopped working with the RT5 release. :huh:

And now that I'm thinking of it... Would be nice if Jagex would restore Full HD Compatibility with Java 1.4.x-series, and Graphics Cards as early as the 'ATI Radeon 9200'... Or, at least as close as they can possibly get... Not too much of an issue being without AA on that early a setup... It is simply not nice at all seeing RS crash recent FireFox versions on the way out when combo'd with that kind of stuff. (Please don't ask why I'm on that combo. Makes me looney every time I have to talk about it.) :wall:

Also, there's a boatload of things needing fixing/removal with GOP (written by another user of Tip.It Forums, awesomely enough)... and that thread contains almost all of it. :geek:

Yeah, Dungeoneering needs an extreme amount of fixes in F2P/P2P also. There should always be a way, even if you have to search for it, to get through doors that need a greater skill level. And definitely no doors that require way too much higher of a skill level, as people should never be totally blocked from getting as much exp as they can! :angry:

In addition, it would also be nice if we could re-color more of our chatbox, as well as make the chatbox background either solid or non-gradient semi-transparent with a dark background. (Yes, this one's been giving me a headache for some time, but I'm only going to try to maintain one suggestion thread for now.) ;)

Now, I'm sure the list goes on, but that's all that crosses my mind right now. I'll post back if I can think of more. <*Watchlists the thread*> B)

~Mr. D. V. "Too danged much needing changes/repairs..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

To bump this thread I would like to add a couple of suggestions:

Nature Prayers/Spells:

These prayers will increase skill production rates and produce amounts. From faster woodcutting to more watermelons, to larger herb extractions.

These could be unlocked from doing a nature based quest.

Adjustable hotkeys:

Have a dialog in which we can remap our f1-f12 keys. for in game use

Logitech g15/g19 keyboard support

Using a little JNI, you could output stats and other information to the little LCD screen of these commonly used gamer keyboards.

Free membership drawings:

Once a month, give 100 random players a free month of membership

Consoles:

I know you are looking into this, but you need to force yourself upon Microsoft and Sony to allow RS on their consoles for free to us. Make them add a couple of advertisements if need be. How many games can you think of where you can play with people from multiple systems?

VBTS (Video Behind-the-scenes):

Why not extend out to your you tube audience and twitter followers by doing a monthly video BTS, not only telling us whats going on, but possibly show us whats going on.

Geeky Competitions

From writing code to designing new models for in-game, it would pretty sweet to run machinima like contests for coders and artists which could feature player-made game content in game itself.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]