The new homepage

Melencholy

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wouldn't it be funny if Disney bought RuneScape?

Hell no! :P

It would be the day I quit. They'd go on a killing spree on youtube, slaying all rs video's.

thumb-19394492.jpg

If Jagex goes Disney, they had better at least put Perry in.

Thats the only positive thing about disney buying Jagex/Runescape. Perry is ftw. :P

What a load of crap.... I can't believe they would go do this after telling fansites they couldn't have ads with competitors.

Let's look at our "Jagex Ad History" timeline, shall we?

There was the World of Warcraft, Evony, etc. ads on the front page that probably appeared due to the advertising site's generator. That got fixed..... slowly.

There was the big, fat "G.I. Joe" fiasco.

Then, a couple months later, Jagex releases a fansite list that requires the sites to block ads from competitors to be of a decent rank on the list. To be of further annoyance, they give exclusive content to the sites higher on the list.

Then comes this. As though making it seem like they're too stupid to learn from their first front-page-banner mistake wasn't enough, they even advertise content that includes a different video game!

Well done, Jagex. =D> Well done....

a70c7.png

This game doesn't need 10-12 year old disney loving SPOILED americans.

Imagine their attitudes..

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

New update coming soon:

The "Montana Hannaxe"

The "Thats So Raven Staff"

And don't forget The "Lizzie McCrossbrow"

OT:

I really don't like Disney and I really don't like Jagex for advertising that.... terrible company.

But I guess its Money > Dignity.

I hope Disney does not advertise RuneScape but rather simply pays them. There's no way I can handle Disney Noobs. "WHARE HANNAH MONTANNA OMG I BROKE A NAIL"

Don't forget the reformatted Barrows area, with a named changed to Jonasrow Brothers to make is sound less frightening, and it is 3 brothers interested in younger generation pop culture all using different parts of the combat "triangle". After helping them fix they're instruments they let you pick one from they're chest!

Item's included are Joerak's Great Axe guitar, Nickril's Crossdrums, and let us not forget Kevrim Staffivarius!

BRILLIANT post, mate.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

thumb-19394492.jpg

If Jagex goes Disney, they had better at least put Perry in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1uI24zE-3g

No, most of our NPCs will become anti-Semites.

Also, the Ring of Kinship would be renamed to the Purity Ring. Some Miley Cyrus songs will replace in-game music, and all mice/rats across Gielinor would be replaced with miniature versions of Mickey Mouse. When you attack them, they giggle.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

ITT: Kids overreact to a regional ad campaign from a well-known company that only lasts a weekend.

And people wonder why Jagex doesn't take the RS community seriously, lmao...

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The problem is that the solution is that you would have to ask yourself "what's the worst possible reaction to what we are about to do?"

And then realize that you can't do anything about it, so you go ahead anyway as if nothing was said.

Then we end up with all sorts of things happening that could have been helped, but end up in the same lot with the others because there's no way to distinguish between good and bad input.

Even though I think it was pretty silly if they thought that it would have been received well or even apathetically, I realize now that they probably saw it coming and didn't really care enough to give up on income when they can just duck and cover until it's gone and the cash is in hand.

And I'm okay with that, because many other people would have done the same thing faced with that situation.

I just hope that they actually know this instead of really being the imbeciles that everybody makes them out to be, because then we'd be in a lot more trouble.

8f14270694.jpg

jagex gets adblock plus'd for this :thumbup:

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

This is buisness.

Why does everyone care?

Take a step back, you own jagex, disney ring you up, "Hi? We give you 1million dollars +, you let us advertise for a couple of days, kthxbai" ... You would say no?

Buisness> Care about community's feelings...

~ K O N K A R ~ Konkar Jr ~ X Konkar X
99 Strength - 18/12/08 - 99 Attack - 5/2/09
99 Hp - 20/7/09 - 99 Defence 26/7/09
K_O_N_K_A_R.png

R.I.P.
K R I S K
Krisk Jr
RSC, Lives on in all of us

Step 1: Get firefox

Step 2: Get Adblock Plus

Step 3: No more Disney [cabbage]

(optional)

Step 4: Wonder where the "Play Free Now" button is :x

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

Oddly enough, I get the Disney design in China. :blink:

And you guys realize ad-blocking is against the rules, right?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

o wow :blink: i have had adblock on since new os was installed and forgot to unblock rs :ohnoes:

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

[bleep] them. I pay a subscription, so they won't get special treatment from Adblocker Plus over this incident. :cool:

And you do realize that circumventing the Chinese firewall is illegal under Chinese law, right? ;)

(This would be a prime example of doing something that's against the rules/law, but no one cares.)

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

New update coming soon:

The "Montana Hannaxe"

The "Thats So Raven Staff"

And don't forget The "Lizzie McCrossbrow"

OT:

I really don't like Disney and I really don't like Jagex for advertising that.... terrible company.

But I guess its Money > Dignity.

I hope Disney does not advertise RuneScape but rather simply pays them. There's no way I can handle Disney Noobs. "WHARE HANNAH MONTANNA OMG I BROKE A NAIL"

Maybe we can be like the suite life and get teh 99 sailing skill or get 99 mage in waverly place lulz (my siblings watch too much tv -.-)

No, it could be worse, so much worse... two words... product placement:

Hannah: look screechy girl friend and bowl headed boy who is my friend, I found this really cool game to play online.

Screechy girl: oh, this really is cool! *squeals* *twirls hair*

Bowl headed boy: This is the funnest thing Ive ever seen on the entire net.

>Hannahs brother walks in

Hannahs brother: Yeap, Runescape Is An Awesome Game!

--------------------------------------

entire tween audience runs to nearest computer and Runescape collapses into a heap of tween rubbish... No one is spared R.I.P Runescape.

This is buisness.

Why does everyone care?

Take a step back, you own jagex, disney ring you up, "Hi? We give you 1million dollars +, you let us advertise for a couple of days, kthxbai" ... You would say no?

Buisness> Care about community's feelings...

The only reason that anyone should care is because a little while ago Jagex got butt hurt and decided that they weren't going to allow tip.it to be an approved fan site unless we removed anything that even resembled an advertisement for a game, MMO or otherwise. Then they pull this [cabbage] and turn their homepage into a giant advertisement for a game.

I don't give a damn that it's Disney they're advertising for, hell I actually like a fair few Disney movies, it's the fact that they're being so obviously hypocritical and as far as I know they haven't provided tip.it with any of the custom content that was promised in exchange for removing the advertisements. It's the ultimate "[bleep] you" to the community. If I was in control of tip.it I would personally change the ad's on the site to purely game ones and tell Jagex to go [bleep] themselves. Which is one good reason as to why I'm not part of the staff :lol:

Edit: I guess they gave us some content yesterday. That's what I get for not actually checking.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp