Monster Hunter

Seraphi

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now I've got a Bone Axe+. How much of a difference does affinity really make? The three final options are Bastion Blitz (p) with 1026 attack, 230 paralyze, and -25% affinity, and tThunderstrike, with either 972 attack, 310 thunder, and 0% affinity, or 918 attack, 310 thunder, and 15% affinity. This is just the starter switchaxe tree, and I've been looking at rough edge as well, but most of the materials for upgrades look out of my reach at the moment.

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

SA's aren't that great, you'd be better of with a Greatsword, lance or hammer.

The main problem with SA's is the lack of variety: You get Fire, Thunder, Ice, Water and Dragon, but only paralisis and most of the good ones take a long while to upgrade, some only available in high rank.

Affinity is the critical chance. If a weapon has 15 affinity then it has a 15% chance to inflict 25% more damage. Critical Draw skill makes every draw attack to be critical and its a must for GS users.

Out of those choices, go for the Lagia path. Later on you get to forge Inceadeus, Fire tempest and Amber slash, with Dark Buterfly has the end game SA.

My advice: switch to GS, it's that more worth it :thumbup:

My news: Got Vangis coil, no i only need baggi helm+ and blos vambraces, aswell as that +7 1 spot crit draw tali to get my awesome set.

I might craft a bombardier alatreon set, i need 6 barioth claws+, 20 if i want the best version of it. Oh, and 16 jhen scales for a +2 sleep lv 2 and shield.

Yeah..

I was designing a couple of lance sets, when I started thinking about the -10 sense taunt skill.

It makes the monster target me more often, and being a lance user, it would let other people get more hits with their hammer, GS, LS, S or whatever.

I ended up with this:

http://mhdb.xengi.org/mh3/armory-generate-1-2-230-231-219-534-221-44-99-99-0-0-0-0-84-0-0-84-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-39-108-0-0-0

Talisman is going to be a [bleep] to get.

2Xeo5.png

I wouldn't like to have that skill that's for sure, not only that but most good players already know how to dodge. GS users in particular have to learn to dodge Jho's hip check by rolling into it.

I love when it works

Yeah, it sucks for anybody but lance users, and, to a limited extent, SnS users.

Hammer users ocassionally use it too.

But I'm thinking that if a hammer user were positioned next to the lance user with taunt, and a GS/LS user positioned wherever, as long as it isn't next to the lance user, then the hammer could hit the head from diagonally or from the side as the monster attacks the lance user, and the other players would have a ton of free space to hit the tail, legs and whatever else.

2Xeo5.png

If you like the SA, by all means use it. Just don't ever do the X X XXXXXXX infinite combo, because it sucks.

Other than that, I don't have any information since I have never used a switchaxe.

2Xeo5.png

If you like the SA, by all means use it. Just don't ever do the X X XXXXXXX infinite combo, because it sucks.

Other than that, I don't have any information since I have never used a switchaxe.

Er, infinite combo? Is that just the one that consumes stamina? Sorry for all these questions, and thanks for the help.

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

Yeah, it's called the Hack and slash i think. It does horrible damage and wastes stamina and sharpness, by all means do not use it.

If there is one thing SA's are geat are for cutting tails, the upswing is fenomenal :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm still pretty new to this game with only ~10 online hours, but I was wondering if you guys have any thoughts on what I should start working towards to upgrade from my full Baggi/Paralykeet hammer set up.

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

I think full baggi is actually one of the better hammer sets, and if so, you should probably stick with that for a little while, but don't trust me on that.

Also, remember that with hammers, raw damage and sharpness heavily outweighs elemental and affinity. Like, really heavily.

2Xeo5.png

What ross said. That and Paralykeet isn't that good of an hammer, i think the Bone family is the best in LR (check the trees), and at HR51 is without a doubt Jho hammers.

Of course, there are situational hammers, these include the Red bludgeon and the Alatreon Hammer.

Well, with the Paralykeet I was thinking that the Focus bonus from the Baggi and the decent Paralyze bonus from the hammer would work pretty well with each other.

As far as the Bone tree goes, with my current rank and available quests the best hammer I could make would only be ~80 attack better than my current hammer. Would that 80 attack be worth going for?

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

Yep, it may not look like much, but 80 attack is a lot. Specially with raw power weapons like Hammers and GS's.

That and status weapons suck apart from Bowguns, Longswords and SnSs- Too slow for the effect to activate fast enough. Hammers and Gs's specially suck at status due to low speed. And before you hit me with the spin attack, it does residual damage.

No problem at all :thumbup:

In other news, thanks to this week's Jho event, i got my Helios top. Now i only need that friggin charm and t the Jho waist, and maybe another Jho gem for the Hammer :thumbup:

• 2 months later...

Got MH Tri a month or two ago. After reading up on stuff beforehand I decided I'd main a lance. So since I didn't have online access I just went through single player offline.

After working up through the quests, getting better armor, weapons (Armor progressed from Full Hunter -> Qurupeco -> Agnaktor, as for weapon I bought an iron lance early on, and just upgraded it until it became an Acrus lance, then making a Spiral Lance+, then a Spiral Heat) Since I couldn't find what I needed for the Villager request to unlock the Ceadeus quest, I decided instead to go Volcano mining for a very very long time.

After doing nothing but volcano runs for weeks, I finally got my coveted rust lance, which I promptly made into the Undertaker... Funnily enough the rusted lance was the last of the rust weapons I got. I got the hammer, bowgun, SnS, and greatsword all before it :(

Armed with my fully upgraded Agnaktor armor and my new shiny Undertaker lance, I do what I need to unlock Ceadeus. And an epic battle was had. An epic battle with very very epic music. In the end it got repelled, and I was feeling pretty good for more or less completing offline.

However, I still had no internet access.

So, I make it my goal to get every Rare 3 lance. Even the Rugged Lance+ that needed a Majestic horn to make. Those are hard to get offline :( But I did it. Every rare 3 lance was made. And still no offline. So I decided to make Helios armor. Then I made Barioth armor, and took up the hammer and the switch axe.

Eventually, I had made every low rank armor set possible offline, with the exception of Rathalos (that plate...) and Diablos (I used the only majestic I got on the lance which I never used since it has horrible affinity LOL)

And then something good happened. I got online access!

I'd read so much about online, group hunting, event items, all that good stuff. And so I jumped right in. It felt weird being HR 1 with full agna and undertaker, but hey, it was online, and I was feeling awesome.

So I go through the quests, make some good friends, do my first Barroth urgent in Barioth and the Inceadeus switch axe, I get the Jaggi mask, Tenebra and enough tickets to make it Tenebra D (even though I really don't LS, but those three slots are very useful for volcano mining), I do my Lagiacrus urgent in Agna with Spiral heat, and I do some more HR grinding. Then I get to the jump point. The Jhen Mohran urgent.

I jump into that quest with my Undertaker, with my friends, and we (and by we I mean they did most of the work, I just shot ballistas at it), Jhen died "Gratz on HR Naive!" Aw yeah.

The first thing I do in Hr is grind for Jaggi+ armor. Because LR armor has shoddy defence compared to it. With that done, my friends say I should hunt my first Deviljho.

Needless to say I'm scared.

So we go to the Qurupeco hunt, and lo and behold, it summons Jho. I don't think I've ever been more frightened in Tri than ever, seeing a massive green T-Rex come up to us and roar. My friends did most of the work though, I turtled ALOT (i was in Jaggi+ with my green sharpness undertaker, sue me) though I did poke its feet every now and then.

After that hunt (I got a Jho gem, yay me) we grinded my hunter rank until my next urgent, Double Trouble. Seeing as we had been grinding this quest for my hunter rank, it wasn't hard at all.

Snap I just unlocked the High rank volcano. The fact that I have all rust weapons is compelling me to no life this as well.

And I did. Though the only ancient weapon I've gotten to date was the bowgun "Longshot", I have gotten some good charms, such as a Wind res +6 Stun +10 which I use still, and a 10 transporter 3 hunger I use for volcano mining.

More grinding, a Rathian+ set made, got the Banderlance "Byakko", and upgraded some of my weapons, including Spiral Splash (G), I decide to make Agnaktor+ armor. And I do. Because I love me that guard +2. And I use my wind res/stun charm to gem in Wind Res (Hi) and Negate Stun, which is lovely for the Raths. And razor sharp is always fun to have. More grinding, made Sabertooth (G), and oh whoa, I've just unlocked my Alatreon urgent.

After a few failed quests (which I'd like to point out I never carted in, to this day I have no clue what the base camp at the Sacred Land looks like lol. The randoms I hunted with died) I eventually succumbed and sleep bombed my urgent. I felt bad about it though, so after clearing it, I got together with my friends and we did a proper run.

After about 8 Alatreon hunts, I finally had the epic lance, Alatreon Gleam. 414 raw, 450 dragon element, natural white sharpness coupled with aganaktor's razor sharp skill. Of course I had to test it out. And who better than Ceadeus?

Killed him in 23 minutes. No more of that two quest bull. ^^

And that's about summarized where I am now. Currently I'm trying to make full Vangis, upgrade my Jho hammer, get full Barioth+, upgrade my sleep lance (those damned bird wyvern gems), and keep a steady flow of honey coming in from the offline farm. Oh and Jho is a complete pansy now. He loves him some bloo food and sleeping and drooling and just being adorable in general (lol)

My Hunter's name is Naive, I don't have my ID by heart, but I may edit it in later. I'm usually in Recruiting, Greed1, hopping between the busy gates to find a group for whatever it is I'm farming. I'd be happy to add you if you're from here or anything :P

tl;dr: Monster Hunting from offline to Hr 59 now, lance main, with a side of hammer and switch axe, Naive is the name :P

Happy hunting

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

If you are from PAL region, or even in the americas i think, just add me. I haven't played Tri for a while, since i got everything i wanted (A combination of Jho, diablos, ceadeus and baggi that give me Focus, Sharpness +1 and Hearplugs).

I was going to power mine the volcano for a 7 crit 1 slot amulet, but then i decided not to.

Feel free to add me for a hunt now and then, just pm me here first :P

Hunter Code: JHF1NT

Username: Demoli

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bad news: I have to buy a 3DS and a peripheral for it.

Good news: NO MOAR CLAW.

Even though I never played Monster Hunter on a PSP, I did see a diagram showing what the claw method of playing looked like. I'm sure as hell never playing the game that way.

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0