Monster Hunter

Seraphi

Unless you already are 18+ HR online, you only need a fire weapon and a thunder weapon, being the latter only used for rathian and Gobul.

I have pretty much every single GS andi only use a selected few of them:

Cataclysm Sword for ~Barroth, Jay Leno and Agnaktor

Rathalos Firesword for Barioth, Jagii, Baggi and Gigginox.

Siegmund for diablos and Peco

High Lagia Blade for the Raths

Gobul Lance for Jhen Mohran, thanks to the inpenetrale defence.

You can decimate every monster online with just a fire lance and a water lance.

Also, make sure you get a high supply of Mega Potions, you will be in dire need of some later on, when monster do a Crazy load of damage and Deviljho likes to show up when you least expect it and decimate everyone.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have several hundered of each healing item. Except ancient potions, of which I have around 20. I just packrat healing items.

But yeah, in that case, I still need an Agnaktor beak for the spiral heat lance. I already have the acrus and spiral lance, and pretty much every other lance, Gobul Muraka or whatever it is, tusk lance, Azure lance (Why, I don't know).

I think I'm pretty much set then. I'll start on it when exams are finished. Well, tommorow. I only have two easy ones next week.

2Xeo5.png

I also got a Vulcanis since i though it was a good sword, 3 quest later i got the siegmund and it's dusting in my bank.

Also, when going online, always choose the "Recruiting" servers, much easier to find people.

If you see me there, feel free to add me, "Demoli" is the user, maybe i'll post my code tomorrow :thumbsup:

And after 4 more Jhen with Ultra Lucky cat activated, Jaggi mask and snuggling with the pig i *still* can't get that {[£§£§ ElderDragonBlood :@

It really depends on your team mates and their skills.

Some just run in, spam cannons, get on it's back as soon as they can to *try* to harm him and waste gongs, while spamming the spirit combo.

If you want to kill Jhen intensivly (best boss in game if you ask me) you absolutely need Uragaan armour, thanks to it's ability: Bombardier. Triples the damage of balistas and cannons, doubles the power of regular bombs and quadroples the damage of anti dragon bombs. I once got in a team where we all had Cat bombardier and Bombardier (regular armour effect) and we killed him in 10 minutes.

You can get the ability with only 2 pieces (Head and Waist) and a few decorations placed in those.

Strategy:

If you have bombardier, grab the balista binder ASAP, to prevent other people form using it. It does CRAZY damage even without Bomb. *and* stuns him. Also grab the bombs and ballista ammo.

Get of the ship and max the ballistas proceedng to longrange him with them, aim for the tusks. When he is very close you have a choice: if 2 or more people have Bomb., Kepp doing ballistas with them, since they do more damage and can break tusks. If you are the only one/don't have Bombardier,cannon him, Delex can be annoying with this method, since you hold the ball like a powderstone.

When you see a red arrow pointing to his leg you have a choice: either you keep damaging him with artillary (recommended with Bomb.) or climb to his back to attack his weakspots (2) or mine the minerals, on most missions you only get scales and Pela ores.

Use the Balista Binder as soon as you can (respawn time of 2:30 minutes) and the gong when you see him swinging is body into the ship, save these only for these ocasions.

Then he will swing to the left side of the ship. Fire balistas at his tusks or cannon his mouth until he lowers his tusks. If not yet broken, climb on them and place anti dragon bombs on them, with Bomb., they will break instantly and give you an extra stagger.

He will then go ahead of the ship and attempt to run into it. He will make 2 dives towards it and 1 mouth slam into it. as soon as he emerges for the second jump, press the dragonator, you will stun him and do crazy damage. He will repeat the patter from the beggining.

Now, if you are on the 27+ mission you will proceed to the second round, otherwise (event quest Festival of Fear) you will remain on the ship level all the time.

Final showdown:

The ship will dock, the dragonator is on the side of the ship and Jhen Mohran will WALk towards the ship, albeit slowly. Ballistas at his head, if you don't have Bomb and have an LS or a SA get close on foot and attack the claws. Spirit combo and Elemental discharge the hell out of them. When he is too close, bomb him away. Sometimes, when you gong him in a middle of an heavy attack, he will stumble for like 40 secs. Get on foot to his mouth and place 2 bombs, then Run like hell or you will get a lot of damage.

Those bombs will take away a big chunk of his health. You can get carves from his mouth, but those are only big fins and mohran scales, aka, common materials. So don't waste your time on those carves, focus on the bombs and ballistas.

If he is REALLY close, just Dnator his sorry [wagon]. If no one dies and 2 or more people have bombardier, t's a cake walk. A fun, very rewarding cakewalk.

PS: If you can, get supercarver skill, you can get 10 carves from this monster if you kill him (not repel) and the best i managed with full Uragaan was 7 carves, so it should be a big help.

Aaaaand exale, i think this is all, any questions?

So basically, shoot the hell out of it with ballistas and cannons and dragonators.

Got it. Luckily, in my perfectionist frenzy, I have most of the armour of almost all of the monsters in offline, so Uragaan armour isn't a problem.

2Xeo5.png

YESSSSSS I GOT THE DRAGONELDERBLOOD OR WHATEVER YESSSSSSSSSS

Finally i'll be able to fam ceadeus and get his kickass armour and viking hornsword.

So awesome.

Now I might also get full Gobul+, regular armour just doesn't cut it for elite rank quests, specially with that bastard deviljho running around and appearing out of thin air <.<

I finally got my agnaktor beak after EIGHT kills without one (Yes, I broke the beak every time. )

Now I just need to kill Barioth once more, and I'll start grinding away online, since I'll have almost every elemental weapon (Except Undertaker/Skyscraper, but I think those can be safely ignored for now)

Helios armour's HG Earplugs are nice, and the Viking Hornsword is one of the coolest looking weapons in the game.

2Xeo5.png

Yeah, i think i'll save those Cedeus thingies until i can make the + armour, otherwise it would be kinda of a waste.

And now i can't seem to find any servers with High Gobul, nor High Royal Ludroth, which i desperatly need so i can upgrade teh Catalitic sword to a blade, Ludroth Claw to R. Ludroth Claw and Lagiacrus Blade to High Lagia.

Other than that, I need to grind for some firestones again, Jhen has been really kind with his Earth Gem (got 3 in a row) and Blood.

Now i just need to hunt that Gobul like there is no tomorrow, get a Rathian Plate (Sieglinde looks awesome) and raise my HR so i can kill that bastard Deviljho.

Gona be a busy weekend :smile:

I double posted i know, but i wanted to warn you guys that Jhen Mohran High rank event quest is up at least in Europe, this is a VERY RARE chance to get mohran+ items, almost essencial in getting a decent Dragon LS and Maxed water hammer.

I can only do it in like 9h, dangit <.<

You guy, you mean. Tipit just doesn't seem to appreciate Monster Hunter, apparently <_<

But yeah, I'll keep an eye out.

Also, isn't dark claw better than Duan Dao? I mean, Alatreon is a huge bugger, and probably hard as hell to kill, but that longsword of his is pretty epic.

2Xeo5.png

You guy, you mean. Tipit just doesn't seem to appreciate Monster Hunter, apparently <_<

Meh I watched a Giant Bomb quick look of the Wii one and it looked like it wouldn't appeal to me. Certainly it was built for a niche audience in mind.

Does MHFU count here? I dont get Tri until next month (money related)

Sure it does, this is the full monster hunter thread, it covers all MH :lol:

Nadril, MH is pretty much an MMO with *much* less grind and more Boss battles, being the most unique Jhen Mohran, fought in a Desert ship. Progression is not based on levels but on Armour, there is a HUGE leap if you go online, specially in elite quests when each hit takes a bucket load of health.

So if you like MMO's, you will most likely like this game. If you like boss battles and you dislike grinding, you may or may not like. It is a slow starter though.

Does MHFU count here? I dont get Tri until next month (money related)

Sure it does, this is the full monster hunter thread, it covers all MH :lol:

Nadril, MH is pretty much an MMO with *much* less grind and more Boss battles, being the most unique Jhen Mohran, fought in a Desert ship. Progression is not based on levels but on Armour, there is a HUGE leap if you go online, specially in elite quests when each hit takes a bucket load of health.

So if you like MMO's, you will most likely like this game. If you like boss battles and you dislike grinding, you may or may not like. It is a slow starter though.

The entire point of an MMO for me is the PvP, I don't care about killing virtual monsters.

Just killed the Chameleos and something else I forgot. Chameleos is a rightful pain in the butt.

Weapon/s I usually use are Rathalos Firesword and Plesioth Watersword. Similar stats and useful for its elemental attacks.

Popoto.~<3

It seems you are a GS user lçike me Aura :mrgreen:

Just in case I'm confused, the MHFU is Freedom Unite for PSP right?

Also, in that case Nadril, the closest you will get is the Arena Battles, where you can race to see who kills them faster, but the monster behaviours here aren't the regular Boss Monster Patterns, they actually think and are a step ahead of you almost all the time (Specially rathalos and Jhen Mohran :@)

I see, FU3 was announced in Japan, good news is that it will have the Barioth and Jhen Mohran from Tri, which is awesome.

Maybe it will be the first game i'll ever buy for my PSP in 2 years :lol:

Best thing is, this guy won't be there:

127416934182.jpg

If you get tri and get to HR31+ online missions, you'll understand. :lol:

Isn't Plesioth the one that constantly hipchecks you from across the map? I hated that one.

Also, I think MH Frontier is coming to US and EU at some time in the next two years, and they have a monster which outclasses Jhen easily. The Raviente.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeqS4YypSjc

Thing has a 1HKO fireball attack.

2Xeo5.png

Lol my brother is really into it, and we have Tri for Wii and MHFU for psp.

Longsword is my favourite weapon (I've never played FF), although for a few of the tougher fights I found I was best off being a total noob and using a lance: *poke poke SHIELD* *poke* *SHIELD*

Yeah, lance makes everything easy, which is why I used it for the entire main game before switching to LS. Aside from those two, I fail miserably at pretty much every other weapon. I'm okay at greatsword, but I still get my ass kicked if I try to use one against anything higher than, like, R. Ludroth....

As for MH not being on the ps3, yeah, MH Frontier is supposedly only going to be on Xbox and PC, although there hasen't been much information released about it yet.

2Xeo5.png

Greatswords are all about the first strike: You must seth your weapon constantly so you can ddoge, heal and run properly and trap them at least twice (shocks are in favour since they allow you to cut off the tail) so you can charge your attack to maximum and do some crazy damage.

A good combo would be x-x-a-x-x-a and so forth or, in case it's traped, x (fully charge) x, x+forward (fully charged). This will do some MAJOR damage that will at the very least stagger a guy.

Also, a key movement for the GS is the dodge: Right after an attack, if you know the monster is about to attack click the dodge button and you cancel the recovery animation, in other words, you dodge and get ready for attack in like half time the regular animation is, is specially usefull for the x-x-x+forward combo since the last animation takes 3 full seconds to finish.

The block is very usefull for air streams and attacks with wider range and speed than usual, don't abuse it though that unlike the SnS and the Lance it will take away sharpness. The best use of it is underwater for the Lagi and Ceadeus.

I only really use 4 weapons: GS for most cases, Lance for Jhen Mohran, since the inpenetrable defence is really awesome for bombardiers, SnS for Normal Uragaan (small one i use Jhen Mohran Hammer, Ruin)and LS for Ceadeus, since its the best dragon weapon i have.

In my news, I got the Rathian Plate i seek for so long, a High Rank Rathian gave it to me in a Tail Carve, it has a 10% instead of a 2% :grin: I also repelled high rank Jhen for the stuff that i'll need in the near future (Upgradeable for the Guan Dao and Jhen Hammer) And I'm HR35, now i just need this sandstorm to pass so people will quit focusing so much on Jhen and focus on Gobul and R.Ludroth, both i desperatly need pieces, Ludroth for Weapon upgrades and Gobul for armour Upgrades.

Also, ross, do you know a good way to get Gobul whiskers? I need a bucket load of them in order to get the full Set. Also, where do i get a fearsome maw? :?