Monster Hunter

Seraphi

Fearsome Maw is a 12% drop from Gigginox (Ugh... That damned poison slam. Hits through blocking and has a larger range than one might expect), the best way to get Gobul whiskers is to carve the whiskers while he is under the sand. You run the risk of getting stunned, but you should be able to get in 2 carves each time he goes under, and you have a 65% chance of getting a whisker.

Rathian Plate is 2%? Really? I have 2 of them...

Okay, I have Spiral lance+, Acrus lance, Tusk Lance+, Gobul Murawhatever+, Spiral lance+, Smalt Crater(Y), and Babel Spear.

So now I just need armour. Any idea on what armour I should use? Currenlty I'm using Lagiacrus set gemmed with half hunger. And yes, I do know half hunger isn't much good for online, but I find it helps a heckton offline, because lance is blocking more than evading, and you use more stamina.

I know I need to get new armour, but what do you recommend I get, and what should I gem it with?

2Xeo5.png

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are only a few armours you are gona need:

Lagiacrus/Barioth armour, for the ice missions, Uragaan armour for Jhen and a Fire resistant armour for the raths. Lagiacrus is suicide at online rathalos specialy. Believe me i know, i used to use it a lot. Then have a armour that gives you the best defence you can get atm, i'm thinking of using a combination of rathian+ and gobul+, both efects are awesome :thumbup:

For the abilities is up to you, but i would sugest handicraft, speed sharpen and HG earplugs. Bombardier for Jhen.

Also , i had some brainstorming to decide if i spend my rathian ruby on a helm or siegelinde, i think the helm is better, i will use it a lot more.

Finally, i hate LS'ers with a passion, i had 3 of them in my team earlier today and they kept interrupting my combos, specially when there was a knockout :@

Isn't Plesioth the one that constantly hipchecks you from across the map? I hated that one.

Ergh, It annoys me to no end, yet I had to kill a Green Plesioth to upgrade my sword. Freaking hips must stretch or something, they always hit me just after I swing 2-3 times.

Popoto.~<3

Yeah, I read a story about a guy who's entire team was killed by a LSer, failing the mission instantly. He knocked them all into the way of Rath's explosion attack.

Okay, I can get handicraft and HG earplugs from a Helios set with a Lagiacrus chest to offput negatives.

I assume that will suffice for now.

And yeah, Plesioth was annoying as hell.

SWIM SWIM SWIM HIPCHECK

2Xeo5.png

Quite honestly, you can't speak of annoying until you get to face deviljho. He appears out of nothing in JAGGI missions. He switly turn the tide of a match. Its sometimes funny when you seem him attacking your monster though.

Diablos was also pretty nasty, and Giggi was very troublesome when climbing on the ceiling.

By the way, have you heard rathalos made his was into Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker? :lol:

Well, I finally went online after saying "Screw it all" and gemming my Lagiacrus armour with Critical eye for the affinity boost.

I have now realised that there are A LOT of incompetant players out there. We failed at "The Festival of Fear" mission TWICE, due to people dying three times before 15 minutes had passed. I didn't die once during both missions.

Then I found a new team and did pretty well, killed a few R. Ludroths and Pecos.

2Xeo5.png

Yeah, people who suck at Jhen really get on my nerves, specially when they take the binder and the bombs and they won't give it to me, who has bombardier.

And the worse is, now with that high rank event, no one wants to do anything other than Jhen High rank! It blows! I need high rank rathian/gobul and they won't let me get it :@

I pretty much spent the whole time firing the cannon at Jhen, with Uragaan armour. One of the guys actually jumped on and started HITTING Jhen with their switch axe. Now, since I don't have a mic or keyboard, I just sat and watched, since I didn't want to spend years typing, but I was facepalming so hard in real life that, had he not died when he did, I may have caved in my own face.

He was two hunter ranks higher than me.

2Xeo5.png

Well, if you have a decent dragon weapon (Any dragon switch axe, Jho Sword, Ala LS) you MUST get on his back and attack teh weakspots, as it does considerably more damage than cannons, even with bomb.

Well, i have my Uber awesome Viking hornsword, not gona even touch my maxed upgraded Ludroth sword now :thumbsup:

Now is jsut get my full rathian+/gobul+ and get to a higher rank :smile:

Well, thats the general case then :P

Unless he was spamming elemental discharge, thats allright it think.

Also, don't you hate those people who just run up to Jhen's legs in second round with spears and crappy LS's like wyvern fire, doing minimal damage and dieing? cause i sure do.

The up your rank to get to it, it's friggin awesome!

He is walking toward the ship while everyone shoots/slashes him out of this world. High rank jhen is a beast though, he has a smash attack that kills in 1 hit if you arent 300+ defence and at prime health.

So awesome.

Yep, at HR31 you get to fight the bigger monsters.

The most boring levels are the 9-18, small monsters no-one likes to fight.. urgh.

At HR18 it becomes increadible again, at least to find people <.<

I just got the Sharq Attack lance, which aside from looking awesome, absolutely kicks the crap out of Uragaan and Agnaktor. With my current armour I have Sharpness +1 and HG Earplugs, giving me a decent amount of white sharpness.

243 base attack with the powercharm, and 450 water element, plus a good bit of white sharpness in total.

It's pretty awesome. I also got a hellhunter jacket.

2Xeo5.png

The only special online items i have are the Tenebra and the Jaggi Head :P

Trying to get to HR40 so i can hunt the badass versions of the badass bosses, also to get full Cedeus+ and get my High Lagia Sword and the upgrade of Viking Hornsword.

I was today in a team of 1 LS, 1 hammer and 1 Lance, i only struck 3 hits on the boss thanks to their uppercuts, Spirit combo's and charges, i had to upercut them so i could get some space actually :evil:

Next Goal: Awesome armour and Weapon

Meh, uragaan is easy now i've mastered it, but befopre it was utterly impossible for me to defeat him, brute wyverns are extremely challenging <.< Uragaan is also the only boss i can't solo with a GS, only with SnS :?

YAY, completed my rank 39 urgent quest, now only a few more points to have kickass armour and weapons. That quest was no pushover, since we had Rathalos and Rathian constantly in the same area :angry:

I spent all my potions by the time we killed Rathian, and since 2 of my team mates died right at the beggining, i had to play extremely defensive, relying on my Healing horn to heal. Killed him like 2 minutes before the time ran out :lol:

Also, how can i get Lagiacrus horns? I broke his face countless times and i still didn't get any :shock:

Break his face and then capture him. Worked for me.

I'm going to farm volcano until I can get a rusted lance, because I really want one now.

Don't do that in single player, go online and while they are killing uragaan or carrying powderstones go mine it, that way you get more items and hunter rank :thumbup: