Elemental Workshop IV and the Soul Altar

Jard_Y_Dooku

Are there going to be more armor you can make using the bars, like Legs, Gloves, Boots etc.? And maybe even weapons? Norway007

I intend to have a complete set (something for every worn slot!) by the end of the plot line.

Looking down the hallway where the Mind and Body door stand it seems more will be added in the future. Do you plan on using all of the runes or just the basic? - Jakesterwars

Well what I would refer to as the basic runes (earth, water, air and fire) have served their purpose in the creation and priming of the bar. So to my thinking weve already gone beyond the basic runes.

Id not want to give too big a hint about whats up and coming, but think on my earlier statement something for every worn slot! How many types of rune are available in Runescape again?

Since the release of the Elemental Workshop III, based on the predecessors to the quest and a known place for possible integration in the future will there be a Elemental Workshop IV? If so, since the next room would most likely be based on the pattern that has existed for 2 quests now (mind and body) the next part would have to be soul, and if that's the case could there be a possibility to the reward being the missing soul Runecrafting alter that the players of Runescape have waited for patiently? March1392

You start off so well, youve spotted the clues and put them together, unfortunately your final deduction is flawed. I dont wanna give away too much but soul runes are very high level for the requirements of these quests... so far.

Source

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's actually a good hint for us to ponder. :o

Let's see:

Earth

Fire

Wind

Water

Mind----------helm

Body----------body

Soul----------Boots?

Blood---------Sword?

Death--------Gloves?

Chaos--------Legs?

Law-----------Shield?

Nature-------Necklace?

Cosmic-------Ring?

Astral---------Cape?

That's all the slots and what I think goes where. =p

(minus arrows)

I am nice. . .

Are there going to be more armor you can make using the bars, like Legs, Gloves, Boots etc.? And maybe even weapons? – Norway007

I intend to have a complete set (something for every worn slot!) by the end of the plot line.

I’d not want to give too big a hint about what’s up and coming, but think on my earlier statement “something for every worn slot!” How many types of rune are available in Runescape again.

Source

This is all theory, but..

There are 11 different runes if you count the elemental runes as one, and leave out astral runes and combination runes. Possible logic that could eliminating those aforementioned runes is that Elemental Workshop I took all of the runes as a whole, and that Lunar Diplomacy was released on July 24th, 2006 - whereas Elemental Workshop I was released on June 2nd, 2004 - so astral runes would have been out of the 'grand plan' for the Elemental Workshop quest series.

Now realize there are 11 slots (source) with which you can wield equipment. Coincidence? Well, it certainly would be if Mod Dylan hadn't mentioned anything about this. Also, realize that the mantra "Mind, Body, and Soul" isn't the only progression that "Elemental, Mind, Body" can take - just like mathematical sequences can be represented by different general terms given a limited amount of terms. It could be that the progression "Elemental, Mind, Body" is a sequence in which the next term is the rune that is consecutively runecrafted. Body runes are crafted after mind runes, which are crafted after air runes (elemental runes). Therefore, the next term in the sequence would be the cosmic rune, leaving the soul rune for the last quest in the series, Elemental Workshop XI.

That is an awfully long quest series, if I do say so myself... However, they could make it even longer by giving us an extra equipment slot. I wouldn't mind an "Astral Belt". Bonus points if they call it an "Astroid Belt". :thumbup:

I think I figured it out.

Elemental Workshop I - Elemental (Air, Earth, Water, Fire) - Shield

Elemental Workshop II - Mind - Helm

Elemental Workshop III - Body - Body

Elemental Workshop IV - Cosmic - ???

Elemental Workshop V - Chaos - ???

Elemental Workshop VI - Nature - ???

Elemental Workshop VII - Law - ???

Elemental Workshop VIII - Death - ???

Elemental Workshop IX - Blood - ???

Elemental Workshop X - Soul - ???

Let us consider a few things. Combination runes will definitely not be included. Astral is a big maybe, mostly because it was not of the original runes. Now, there are 11 slots. HOWEVER, let's NOT count ammunition as a slot. I don't think it'll be relevant to the series.

Let's say we've got 7 slots remaining. That's: weapon, legs, amulet, ring, gloves, boots, cape.

Also, Dylan specifically mentioned "how many runes are there in RuneScape?". Let's factor in the astral rune now. We're missing a slot... perhaps all this means we're getting a new slot. Ten quests in a series is a hell of a lot, though. If they plan to do that, they'd better get moving.

PS - I'll seriously bet you Elemental Workshop 4 is cosmic cape or something.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

This is where the Elemental Workshop comes into play. We've had 3 quests so far, focusing on: elemental, mind, and body. I'm sure you're all aware of the popular "mind, body and soul"... saying, or whatever you refer to it as. As much as Jagex loves puns, there's no doubt that Elemental Workshop IV will involve crafting "Soul legs" or some other nonsense.

Knowing Jagex, they'd release a pair of boots, and name it soul sole =/

Nice one! They already did mind helm and body body, that wouldn't be that unlikely I bet.

I don't think that's an option as Jagex rarely recycles old puns and they have used boot soles <-> souls pun in a quest where you had to get the Nardah mayor's soul for the genie, I think it was Spirits of the Elid.

joke33.png

archsupportei2.png

My Blog of pure... Uhmm... Well... Something...

Proud owner of Quest Cape, achieved 05.08.2008

29062th to Woodcutting 99, 02.05.2009

Let us consider a few things. Combination runes will definitely not be included. Astral is a big maybe, mostly because it was not of the original runes. Now, there are 11 slots. HOWEVER, let's NOT count ammunition as a slot. I don't think it'll be relevant to the series.

Let's say we've got 7 slots remaining. That's: weapon, legs, amulet, ring, gloves, boots, cape.

Also, Dylan specifically mentioned "how many runes are there in RuneScape?". Let's factor in the astral rune now. We're missing a slot... perhaps all this means we're getting a new slot. Ten quests in a series is a hell of a lot, though. If they plan to do that, they'd better get moving.

lets take some guesses: :^_^:

Elemental (Air, Earth, Water, Fire) - Shield the basic tools for any mage to protect themselves, used in all standard spells

Mind - Helm - most peoples minds are in their head, though for some that's debatable

Body - Body Um, the ribcage and its corresponding... If you need an explanation here, you don't deserve one

Cosmic - ??? pants, because we all know that's where some people's universe resides

Chaos - ??? ring or cape because we already have gauntlets or cape because its the least stable thing your wearing

Nature - ??? gloves or boots because we plant things with our hands or our feet are always on the ground

Law - ??? boots or gloves, really put your foot down or the long arm of the law

Death - ??? if this isn't a weapon, I'd be surprised, come taste my deadly soft cape of , not just death, EVIL DEATH, [insert evil laugh]!!!!

Blood - ??? cape or ammy, a cape is free flowing and goes all over your body, like a cloak, or an ammy rests close to your heart

Soul - ??? pretty much same as above, but the ammy is closest to your center

if the world didn't suck, we'd all fly off into space

never have a battle of wits with a fool, they'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with expierience

lets take some guesses: :^_^:

Elemental (Air, Earth, Water, Fire) - Shield the basic tools for any mage to protect themselves, used in all standard spells

Mind - Helm - most peoples minds are in their head, though for some that's debatable

Body - Body Um, the ribcage and its corresponding... If you need an explanation here, you don't deserve one

Cosmic - ??? pants, because we all know that's where some people's universe resides

Chaos - ??? ring or cape because we already have gauntlets or cape because its the least stable thing your wearing

Nature - ??? gloves or boots because we plant things with our hands or our feet are always on the ground

Law - ??? boots or gloves, really put your foot down or the long arm of the law

Death - ??? if this isn't a weapon, I'd be surprised, come taste my deadly soft cape of , not just death, EVIL DEATH, [insert evil laugh]!!!!

Blood - ??? cape or ammy, a cape is free flowing and goes all over your body, like a cloak, or an ammy rests close to your heart

Soul - ??? pretty much same as above, but the ammy is closest to your center

Absolutely brilliant explanations - every one fits perfectly. I think Law gloves and Nature boots seems the most likely direction.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

• 4 weeks later...

It is obvious that the soul altar will not in any way be related to the Elemental Workshop, any more than the mind and body altars are related to the EW. The RuneHQ interview merely confirms this. Also, the new item in EW4 will have to be a core armour piece like with the previous EW quests, which rules out the "Soul Soles" idea which as has been pointed out has been previously used. You can almost guarantee it will be pants/skirt, as helm, shield, body and legs makes a set in virtually every instance Jagex has ever...umm...instanced? For the same reason, I have doubts there will be anything beyond EW4 unless there is a tremendous demand from the user base for it. So no Nature Walker's Boots (besides, that name is copyrighted by SOE :mrgreen: ).

As far as whichever quest line the soul altar may be tied to, perhaps Jagex will deliver a coup and tie in more than one major quest line.

There is definitely a need for more spells that use the soul runes, but it wouldn't be the first time a high level something or other was basically useless (except perhaps to grind rcing).

jard > obsidian cape is armour.

triq > you have a lot of good ideas, but they will all unbalance the combat triangle. I understand that you like combat, but as the designers of every long lasting game (EverQuest, Runescape, even WoW) know, balance is critical to maintaining the longevity of a game. I have to disagree aboout combat being "mind-boggling and annoying to level", as compared to almost every other skill in the game the combat skills are relatively easy to level, except if you "buy" your levels (i.e.: spend tons of gold on the components rather than get them yourself, easily done with a skill like crafting). Combat skills even get trained as you work on some other skills, most notably slayer.

Pieis > Cosmic pants, of course :) or maybe (*snicker*) Law Greaves, but as I said before not likely.

I like Magzar's idea of port Phasmatys for the soul altar, maybe the Ectofuntus will turn out to actually BE the "outer" soul altar that you use the soul talisman on to gain entry to the "inner" soul altar.

Very good read. A lot of interesting points made here.

I, personally, am holding back my judgment. However, I would have to agree that the gnome series is a very likely candidate.

Just to throw in my opinion, I think Soul Alter will be in Mage Training Arena. Because torch on walls has symbol look like what's on soul rune and that arena has floating book, animated robe, sword, staff, animated rune guardian, where do they get their soul? There?

Hacked 10 years old account, permamently quit if Jagex doesn't return items.

ventuzz.png