Dmoc5's Runescape Progress

Hello, everyone.

I've kept many Runescape achievement screenshots on my computer, but I think it's high time that I started one of these blogs to either gain encouragement or advice. I am a player named Dmoc5 and will hopefully become a members on Runescape for one month in the summer of 2010.

At the start of this blog, my total level is 800 and my combat level is 56.

Runescape-800TotalLevel-WithoutBack.jpg

And here are some of my skill goals. What do you think of them?

• Overall: 800/1000
  • Combat Level: 56/65
  • Attack: 40//50
  • Defence: 40/50
  • Strength: 54/70
  • Constitution: 49/60
  • Ranged: 30/50
  • Prayer: 33/50
  • Magic: 45/55
  • Cooking: 49/70
  • Woodcutting: 71/75
  • Fishing: 48/70
  • Firemaking: 63/70
  • Crafting: 48/50
  • Smithing: 58/75
  • Mining: 75/85
  • Runecrafting: 38/50
  • Dungeoneering: 50/50 Achieved! :grin:

All members skills will be listed later if I can become a member. (I became a member on December 21, 2010)

A brief F. A. Q.

Question 1 - How old are you?

Answer - I am in my late teens.

Question 2 - What are your hobbies?

Answer - I enjoy playing all sorts of games, whether they be MMORPGs, PC games, or console games. I also enjoy playing basketball, ultimate frisbee, and soccer. I read occasionally on topics I enjoy, and I also like hanging out with people.

Question 3 - When did you create the Dmoc5 account?

Answer - Many many years ago, though not in Runescape Classic. I've played sparingly for a while.

Question 4 - How do you find the time to play Runescape?

Answer - It's simple. I usually play when I want to chill for an evening and don't have any pressing chores or work on hand. I take advantage of free time like crazy. Also, my playing time is not that great when considering what many other people decide to do with their free time. For instance, while some people may watch television during their 1-2 hours of free time, I'll be on Runescape. (I rarely watch television anyway.)

Question 5 - Is Runescape currently your top game?

Answer - Not at the moment.

Question 6 - What are your favorite skills in Runescape?

Answer - I enjoy mining, smithing, woodcutting, and dungeoneering. Occasionally I will go and train my combat skills, but not often.

Question 7 - Are you a free player or a member?

Answer - I am a free player and always have been. I am, however, considering the possibility of a membership. [Edit: Membership acquired.]

Question 8 - What is your favorite place to be in Runescape?

Answer - My favorite city is Falador, and my favorite area in Falador is the mining guild. I also enjoy Falador because it has a furnance for smelting, a couple of yew trees available to chop, a crafting guild to the south, and overall has a fantastic design (stores, shops, a castle, and other buildings).

Question 9 - This FAQ isn't elaborately designed, and it doesn't have a lot of information about you!

Answer - I know, sorry.

Don't worry about the poor quality of the opening post, since it lack s a bit of "flair." I will upgrade it later.

In the meantime, I'll be blogging. :)

May 29, 2010

After spending weeks in the suffocating dungeons of Daemonheim, Dmoc5 wondered why he had returned to a place that resembled Daemonheim. After all, didn't he want to go outside, and get some fresh air? But after some pondering, Dmoc5 realized that being in the underground mines (which were conveniently located under his favorite city in Runescape) were simply a place where he could exploit his abilities to the fullest. He was one of the top miners in his local area, and had just won a hard-earned, rare coal bag from the dungeons of Daemonheim. So he might as well use the bag's special talent. Soon enough, the inevitable happened - something Dmoc5 had been looking forward to for weeks. A skill upgrade. Dmoc5 was now another step closer to achieving his ultimate dream - no, make that a goal.

Runescape-Level76Mining.png

:thumbsup:

(This is a .png image.)

Now that I've advanced a mining level, I'm going to try another skill. (I've got 1,337,000 mining experience and will need 138,581 more to reach level 77 mining.)

Here are my options.

• Burn willow logs to earn Firemaking experience.
  • Craft gold jewelry to earn Crafting experience.
  • Fish lobsters in Karamja Island to earn Fishing experience.
  • Smelt steel bars and smith them into platebodies to earn Smithing experience.
  • Create air runes to earn Runecrafting experience.

I'm going to do one of the five skill methods above now. Does anyone have any recommendations? I honestly have no preference at the moment. Also, if anyone would like to recommend a better way of earning Runecrafting experience than with the method I stated previously, please let me know.

Updated skill goals, with the change highlighted in color.

• Overall: 801/1000
  • Crafting: 48/50
  • Mining: 76/85

Thank you very much. :)

I have decided that I will do some crafting unti level 50, since it seems like I will not use that skill much in the near future, so I'd like to experience it NOW.

Edit: Well, the crafting didn't take that long.

(Still May 29th)

Runescape-Level49Crafting.png

I have to say that after crafting, it's definitely a tough skill to level up by using jewelry. I practically used up my entire stock of cut jewelry, so the only option left for me in jewelry is really to smelt regular gold without the ruby/emerald/sapphire/diamond attached. (I even trained smithing a bit by smelting gold bars.) I could do some silver crafting, but I have no silver ore. Crafting is definitely one tough skill for a free player! I do enjoy it, though. My plan is to sell all of my crafted jewelry at the Grand Exchange to people who want to enchant them. What do you think? :)

Updated skill goals, with the change highlighted in color.

• Overall: 802/1000
  • Crafting: 49/50

May 30, 2010

Dmoc5 looked at the gold ore that he had collected, and realized that he needed to smelt them into bars and transform the bars into jewelry to gain experience in jewelry crafting. He was aware that his wealthy relatives were fond of jewelry that could be enchanted, so Dmoc5 set out with the goal of craftin as many amulets and bracelets (with jewelry) as possible in order to sell them to his relatives so they could increase their knowledge of magic. Either way, everyone ended up happy.

Runescape-Level50Crafting.png

I achieved my crafting goal. :thumbsup: I ran out of my supply of gold bars and jewelry so I had to resort to some mining and smithing of gold, courtesy of the crafting guild. Oh well.

---------------------------------------

Later today, I also advanced a smithing level by smelting steel and mithril bars! It took me a while, though - 2 hours of smelting at the Falador furnance netted me just over 18,000 experience in 2 hours of play. Smithing is definitely one slow skill to train in Runescape. :( On the upside, I can smith mithril warhammers. I even have a bank pic.

Question - does anyone have any suggestions on getting faster smithing experience? I plan to smith until level 60, then do another skill. I'll need just over 25,000 experience to get level 60 smithing.

:twss:

Runescape-Level59Smithing.png

May30th2010-RunescapeBank-OresRunes.png

• Overall: 804/1000
  • Crafting: 50/50 Achieved! :grin:
  • Smithing: 59/75

Nice blog so far. :thumbsup: I especially like the story bits at the beginning of the posts.

Here are some suggestions to help you on your way:

Smelting goes much faster if you use the furnace in Al-Kharid. It's the closest one to a bank in F2P. Smelt all your ores into bars, and then smith them at the anvil across from the bank on the west side of Varrock (near the G.E.).

How are you planning on training your Mining? Pure speed, or slower but with profit? I tested a lot of different ways a couple of months back so I can tell you which would be best for how you want to do it.

As for Runecrafting, you should check out Sonic3190's F2P Runecrafting Guide. It's got lots of great tips to help you decide which way is best for you.

Fishing lobsters at Karmja is a good way to make money, but it's also a good way to cross-train cooking. Just take an axe with you, there are a couple of regular trees near the customs office. There's also an NPC named Stiles who can one-click note all your lobsters, tunas and swordfish so you don't have to leave the island to bank them and can just keep training.

[hide=You can find Stiles here]stiles.png[/hide]

Good luck with your goals. I'm looking forward to the next installment.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Thanks much, Kaida23! I will be following your progress in addition to mine! :)

Sadly, I was unable to read your post before I got level 60 smithing - otherwise I would have teleported/ran to Al Kharid ASAP. Oh well.

I will be training my mining as a combinatin of power mining and profit (with lots of coal!).

Anyway, it's time for an early update for the next day. :thumbsup:

May 31, 2010

Dmoc5 went over to the noisy and crowded furnance, eager to do his thing. He had spent all day forging his iron and coal ores into the much more valuable steel alloy, which he would then hopefully be use to raise money. But when he finished his latest round and headed back to the bank, he found that his iron and coal stores were practically vacant! And in agreement with his bank, which had asked that Dmoc5 leave at least one stockpile of each ore in the bank as a sign of trust, Dmoc5 couldn't take out his last reserves. This made Dmoc5 wonder - how else could he make those coveted steel bars? As well as mithril bars? The answer came to him almost as he questioned it - superheating. Smiling, Dmoc5 took his fire staff (so that's what it was for!) and as many nature runes as he could, and headed to the mining guild once more.

I ran out of my iron/coal combo in the bank, when I had 982 smithing XP left to reach level 60. Oh well. I superheated the rest of my way. :) Now I understand why everyone loves nature runes! I nearly ran out of my supply of them. I'll have to remind myself to buy as many as I can via the Grand Exchange ASAP! I ended up using the majority of my superheating on mithril bars rather than steel bars, aiming for the more expensive metal.

Woo hoo! Just 9 more Magic levels until I can high alch! :twss:

Runescape-Level46Magic.png

And, of course, Smithing!

Runescape-Level60Smithing.png

Later in the day, I advanced two firemaking levels. May I just mention that firemaking XP is incredibly fast? I was able to get about 70,000 XP in LESS THAN AN HOUR whereas in Smithing it took me hours just to get the 30,000 or so I needed to get to level 60. Then again, I guess that's needed in order to balance out firemaking, which presents almost no revenue opportunities.

Runescape-Level64Firemaking.png

Runescape-Level65Firemaking.png

And then later (yes more Runescape!) I did some fishing. I like to fish since it lets me update this topic simultaneously.

Runescape-Level49Fishing.png

Level 50 fishing! I can now catch swordfish! :)

Runescape-Level50Fishing.png

Updated goals:

• Overall: 810/1000
  • Magic: 46/55
  • Fishing: 50/70
  • Firemaking: 65/70
  • Smithing: 60/75

(I'll post an updated bank picture later.)

June 2, 2010

Dmoc5 continued his fishing. Before he knew it, he had suddenly caught over 1,000 raw lobsters - all stored in his inventory and ready to be cooked later. Dmoc5 realized that he really should have started fishing a while ago.

I am now 1/4th of the way to my goal in fishing!

Runescape-Level56Fishing.png

Fishingonthehiscores.png

Updated goals:

• Overall: 816/1000
  • Fishing: 56/70

Congrats on the levels. :thumbsup:

It's amazing how much faster the gathering skills other than Mining can go. I'm glad to see using Stiles to note your lobsters is working out, but why don't you cook them as well? It doesn't take much time to cook a whole inventory, Stiles will still note them, and you could be training Cooking as well as Fishing. Or are you planning on cooking them all in one go later?

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Dmoc5 fished day after day after day. It did get somewhat mundane, but Dmoc5 was always envision how much money he would be able to enjoy in the future if he were able to amass a fortune of lobsters - this is what truly persisted him. His progress was noted by the notes in his inventory (no pun intended). He realized that, after his efforts, he had amassed over 3,000 raw lobsters, ready to be cooked. And he wasn't even halfway towards his objective.

And along the way, Dmoc5 even got to eat a whole helpful of his own fished lobsters after an affable fellow fisherman kindly created a fire for him.

Runescape-Level60Fishing.jpg

Runescape-Level63Fishing.jpg

Runescape-Level50Cooking.png

Updated goals:

• Overall: 824/1000
  • Cooking: 50/70
  • Fishing: 63/70

Gratz on 63 Fish and 50 Cook! :thumbsup: The best tasting lobster is the one you caught yourself, isn't it?

Your blog is super interesting! I thin we would be good friends. I have a lot of the same views on how tog et stats up. Hahaha. Add me in-game if you want.

--The Devian (Jesuspur3)

• 3 weeks later...

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Dmoc5 was pleased. He had achieved all that he had meant to do so at Karamja Island. After hours of fishing, he was ready to go back to more familiar lands in order to refine what he had gathered. More specifically, he wanted to experiment with roasting the lobsters until they were suitable to eat - which they weren't in the current raw form he held. He was looking forward to doing so. While he traveled to Al Kharid, he would look at his arms with joy, confident that he was a master in the resource harvesting trifecta - fishing, mining, and woodcutting.

With that said, it was time to bid Karamja farewell - until next time.

RunescapeLevel70Fishing.jpg

Runescape-TotalLevel839.jpg

Well, that was pleasant. I finally got to level 70 fishing, and was able to more than double my cooking XP just by taking raw tuna that no one wanted and cooking them! This means that when I go back to Al Kharid to cook my lobsters on the furnance, I'll have plenty of raws left over after 70 cooking to save for later. The Infernal - sorry I missed your post (as it's been a while since I updated this). Are you still interested in being RS friends?

*I left Karamja with 7,406 noted raw lobsters and 150 noted coal from random events.

Updated goals:

• Overall: 840/1000
  • Cooking: 59/70
  • Fishing: 70/70 Achieved! :grin:

I really enjoy browsing through your blog regularly. Impressive fishing level, and furthermore, mining level. I remember bringing in lobster after lobster when I had sharks in my sights. Keep going, friend.

• 1 month later...

Saturday, July 31, 2010

At last ... after many grueling trips to the altar (though abetted by the musician), Dmoc5 was satisfied with the amount of water and fire runes that he had produced. It was also helpful to have several runecrafting gloves from the game mostly known as Fist of Guthix

I finally advanced to level 50 Runecrafting! Once I sell off all my runes, I will now have a gold amount in excess of one million for the first time. Runecrafting is ... well ... slow.

I also got to level 70 cooking before starting Runecrafting, so I've achieved quite a few goals thus far. The time it took me to go from Level 60 to 70 cooking was FAR SHORTER than the time it took me to level up to 50 Runecrafting from level 38.

Runescape-Level50Runecrafting.jpg?t=1280591450

Updated Goals:

• Overall: 867/1000
  • Attack: 40/50
  • Ranged: 32/50
  • Magic: 48/55
  • Cooking: 70/70 Achieved! :grin:
  • Runecrafting: 50/50 Achieved! :grin:

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

After some pounding on iron rocks, and prudent evasions of these vermin commonly known as king scorpions, Dmoc5 was able to achieve another milestone in mining. It was fortunate, too, that there was a certain dungeon only accessible to those skilled in the art of ... dungeons. Oh wait it's dungeoneering .... And it had a deposit box.

All right ... every time I enter one of the dungeons that require a dungeoneering level to enter, I get a BLACKSCREEN after a minute or so. Fortunately, if I just go in to deposit my ores, and go back out quick enough, I don't experience the blackscreen. And I really hate the King Scorpions. Sometimes they attack me, sometimes they don't. It's confusing. I'm level 56 combat.

With the extra money I'm getting I will try to buy more naturerunes as I like to superheat.

Runescape-Level77Mining.jpg?t=1280969025

Updated Goals:

• Overall: 869/1000
  • Magic: 49/55
  • Cooking: 70/70 Achieved! :grin:
  • Mining: 77/85
  • Runecrafting: 50/50 Achieved! :grin:

Monday, August 9, 2010

After some experience with the vile king scorpions, Dmoc5 realized that if he were to hang around them for 13.5 minutes, they would no longer pester him. Still, he had to occasionally leave which would cause them to forget his presence and re-start the 13.5 timer. Dmoc5 was so frustrated with the king scorpions that he even paid a level 48 warrior 4 adamantite ores to ward off the king scorpions. After a while, Dmoc5 decided to resume his superheating in the guild instead of powermining the iron in the dwarven mines. The superheating was a big success in not smithing or mining, but in magic. It was saccharine.

Level 50 magic. Next up: Level 78 mining. I stopped today at 1,580,000 mining XP. I also got, for the first time, a total GOLD PIECES ONLY amount exceeding one million dollars.

Runescape-Level50Magic.png

Runescape-1milliongoldpieces.png

Updated Goals:

• Overall: 870/1000
  • Magic: 50/55