Post count

The Observer

There may be another topic about this. My apologies if there is. Moderators do whatever you feel is necessary.

Post count. Does it really matter to you? I'm not just talking about personal post count, but post count that you see other members have. Do you prejudge those who have a lower post count over those who have a higher one?

Personally, I don't care. As long as their points are valid, then I have no problems.

j0xPu5R.png

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a bit post count elitist. Not hugely, but I'm usually less likely to trust or believe content from users with low post count, say under 100. I can't say I trust the really high post count people more because of post count, it's more because I actually know them pretty well. Join date actually tends to mean more to me, up to a point. People who have only been here a month or two I usually don't trust links from.

I don't really care about mine at all though, although it has gotten pretty huge of late.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

What a person says matter so much more.

How long said person has been part of the forums is also a much better indicator for me. (that's the only thing i look at beside the name after reading a post)

I see people getting over 1k posts within 3months of being here

Whether or not a poster plays runescape can change my opinion about them aha (quite silly since this is a runescape forum).

I've been lurking the forums for 6 years, I know most people here. I come here everyday, for hours at the time. Yet I rarely ever post.

For me, it depends on post count, join date, and what they say. Low post count doesn't mean that much, but if that + if they act like this is the first time ever talking to people on the internet outside of Runescape and 4chan = not good. People with higher post counts' just mean they have possibly been here longer, and possibly "wiser", not much more in my eyes. And of course I still think Nadril haxed his post count :rolleyes:. Granted I do like the little "goals" with my post count, (like joining the 1,000 post club :mrgreen:, 1,337 posts, etc.)

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Start reading post

Several words in

1) Glance at username:

a. It starts with abc (go to part 3)

b. It doesn't start with abc (go to part 2)

2) Do they have an alternating FF1 avatar?

a. Yes (go to x)

b. No (go to part 4)

3) Are they asking for advice?

a. Yes (go to x)

b. No (go to part 2)

4) Does their flow chart thing make any sense?

a. Yes (go to x)

b. No (go to x)

x) Stop reading

I dunno... Seemed a lot more epic in my mind.

I guess I look at post count sometimes... I (think I) usually just read the post. If it sound know-it-all-y and they have like 20 post count, they don't know what they're talking about. If it's > ~2k, they are an expert in the field. I actually think a rs avatar will cause me to think more lowly of them than a low post count...

post count dont matter that much to me, (tho i do like to see myself rank up :smile: ) however if a user has below 100 post count ill usualy take what they say with a grain of salt.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

When I first joined I used to think post count mattered hugely to everyone. When I first reached 1000 I remember saying to all my TIF friends in RS "omg 1000 post count@@". And then I realised that most people didn't even know who I was because all my posts were crap :P

Now I mostly pay attention to familiar names and such, the people that I just expect the make a post worth reading :P which I suppose means they're more likely to have a higher post count, but not nessicarily.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

To be honest I was pretty much obsessed with post count once I hit about 900 posts or so. I was trying to post as much as I could even though I really had nothing to say on the subject. Then once I got 1000 (I think it was actually like 1100 at the time) the forum rolled me back like 400 posts or so, which honestly pissed me off quite a bit at the time. I'm glad those posts are gone now because I'm pretty sure they were all terrible.

Warning, numbers in the above post may be no where near what they actually were. Believe with caution.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

When I first joined I used to think post count mattered hugely to everyone. When I first reached 1000 I remember saying to all my TIF friends in RS "omg 1000 post count@@". And then I realised that most people didn't even know who I was because all my posts were crap :P

Now I mostly pay attention to familiar names and such, the people that I just expect the make a post worth reading :P which I suppose means they're more likely to have a higher post count, but not nessicarily.

I know what you mean. :razz: I pretty much felt the same way when I joined TIF. The majority of my posts during that period were in Clan Discussions and Wars & Run-ins which is a place where there is a tendency for less quality posts to be made. So needless to say I spammed those forums up nicely. :lol:

Now I just don't care. The people who know me, or people I know are those I made friends with or talked to which I feel is better than just being known, if you get what I mean.

j0xPu5R.png

I'll admit it was kind of thrilling to exceed 10,000 posts, but other than that, I don't pay post count much mind. If someone has a low post count, it does encourage me to check out their join date to see how new they are.. but at the end of the day, the content/quality of the post is what matters most to me.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

My post count isn't really that massive here, but It's pretty annoying that high post counts can sometimes bloat a person's ego.

Looking at anyone with a considerably low post count; if they're not trolling, they have the same right to an opinion as everyone else.

Anyone with lower post count than me is less of a man.

says the guy with ~22k posts. How many people can top that?

On topic, post count doesnt matter much to me. I have a pretty low one, but then again, I dont really worry about getting it up, more worried about whether I am helpful or just annoying.

pere_grin.png

Overall Top Posters :P

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Sooo... nobody. Anyway post count can be deceptive, heck I have been reading these fourms for ages and ages and got an account maybe 2 months ago....

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

"choosing your path is the true trial", "the most honorable dilemma"

Sooo... nobody. Anyway post count can be deceptive, heck I have been reading these fourms for ages and ages and got an account maybe 2 months ago....

Yes, lurking is another factor, lol

That's...that's the point. I also just realized it kind of does, because I immediately look to my left to see if you were a noobie, though looking more at join date than the posts.

My own used to matter. I liked to see the ranks go up. Once you get to Dragon Slayer, though, you're there for a long time, so I've really stopped caring.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif