Hunter Bots

zajebe

I'm going for 99 hunter off of red chins and I've been working on it for a long time everyday, usually getting about 500,000-1,000,000 xp a day. During this time I have noticed that almost everyone else I encounter is a hunter bot. I know this for the following reason:

If you built your traps on top of theirs, they continue to try to build traps in the same configuration. I can place my traps on theirs and they will not attempt to build new traps in a new location for hours. After some time, they will drop all of their traps and malfunction from running out of traps. They will then stand there doing nothing for hours.

Unfortunately the bots are evolving to pick up their traps and I can no longer make some of them run out of traps. They still refuse to move from their location and will attempt to build traps on top of mine for hours, implying that there is no way it is a human player.

The amount of hunter bots is astounding, I feel like for every real hunter, there are 10 hunter bots. I reported over 20 in one day from world hoping, but every single world had at least 1 or 2, and this was only in one location, no telling how many are in the other spots. Most of them appear to be an alt account, because almost none of their skills show up in the high scores, except for hunter.

Some of them are wearing hunter capes which tells me that Jagex completely fails at detecting these bots. If people can get 99 hunter and hundreds of millions of xp from boting, then whats stopping people from getting 99's in all the other skills? I hate this. Now I'm paranoid and think almost everyone is a bot.

If I can prove someone is a hunter bot with 5 box traps, why can't Jagex just have a mod message them and if they don't reply ban them? It seems really simple to me, but they obviously don't seem to care or can't detect it.

Red chins are worth less causing me to lose money, and more and more people are getting 99 hunter making it look like less of an accomplishment. Screw these bots :(

zajebe.png

I like your assumption that you DESERVE respect for getting 13m xp. I also like your (equally false) assumption that those with 200m hunter xp botted it.

I don't think bots are a problem. Red chins suck anyway, go do grenwalls for money and butterflies for xp.

I like your assumption that you DESERVE respect for getting 13m xp. I also like your (equally false) assumption that those with 200m hunter xp botted it.

I don't think bots are a problem. Red chins suck anyway, go do grenwalls for money and butterflies for xp.

Wait so your getting really defensive against me since I'm mad that there are more people getting 99 hunter through botting? I'm not saying everyone with 200m hunter xp botted, but I wouldn't doubt it seeing how I know some bots are there right now going passed a hundred million.

The solution to botting isn't going somewhere else, bots are cheaters and cheaters are a problem, if you disagree than I guess you have no problem botting yourself?

zajebe.png

Don't make statements like that. That's just being a jerk.

I agree with you on some points. Bots need to be completely removed by Jagex, better detection and banning systems used.

Red chins are terrible for money anyway. So many better methods. Use them for range.

PM me for fitocracy invite

Wow. You ever reported me? Sheesh. I play with pub chat off, and afk many times. So maybe you plant a trap in my spot, I afk meanwhile you report me? I am ranting at your rant.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Wow. You ever reported me? Sheesh. I play with pub chat off, and afk many times. So maybe you plant a trap in my spot, I afk meanwhile you report me? I am ranting at your rant.

Wow you didn't even read my post.

I NEVER said anything about a person not chatting, NOTHING. I know this is a dumb way to spot bots.

I said I plant traps on them and they continue to attempt to plant traps on the same spot, hence they are not AFK, but they lack the intelligence to plant traps in a different location.

If you go afk then you will eventually log out, you will not stand in the same location for 6 hours so no I don't report someone for going AFK. I report them for running out of traps and standing still for hours. As I said originally.

Please read and stop being so defensive but grats on increasing your post count I guess.

zajebe.png

Wow you didn't even read my post.

I NEVER said anything about a person not chatting, NOTHING. I know this is a dumb way to spot bots.

I said I plant traps on them and they continue to attempt to plant traps on the same spot, hence they are not AFK, but they lack the intelligence to plant traps in a different location.

If you go afk then you will eventually log out, you will not stand in the same location for 6 hours so no I don't report someone for going AFK. I report them for running out of traps and standing still for hours. As I said originally.

Please read and stop being so defensive but grats on increasing your post count I guess.

Maybe because they don't want another [wagon] taking their spot?

Preau.png

Maybe because they don't want another [wagon] taking their spot?

A human player will react differently if you lay down traps, they won't attempt to lay traps on the same location for hours without laying a single one. They also won't stand still for hours doing nothing. They will also pick up their fallen traps because they would eventually run out. Its pretty obvious its a bot. You don't have to take my word for it though, just go out there and try it yourself. There are 1-2 bots on every world at one hunter location that I use.

I make a post complaining about bots the majority of the posts so far are ranting back at me? Why so hostile? I guess the majority of people are ok with cheating and would rather just insult the guy that spots the cheaters. Keep up the good work.

zajebe.png

What I noticed lately is a lot of people don't mind bots because it provides them with cheap raw materials... yeah the community is really that bad.

Tip.it's is going way downhill when someone ranting about bots gets flamed...

I also have a feeling that a good portion of posters here use bots, there are so many in-game, it's normal to think there would be so many in here too.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

What I noticed lately is a lot of people don't mind bots because it provides them with cheap raw materials... yeah the community is really that bad.

It's a selfish and short-sighted attitude, but not a new one. One of the chief complaints in early 2008 after the big changes were made was that gold farmers would be missed because now raw materials were too expensive.

Regular randoms take too long and are annoying as hell, which is why people screamed to have them cut back, but this is the result. What they really need is "micro-randoms", that require human thought to answer, but can be done extremely quickly, something modelled after the CAPTCHAs used on websites. They should come up every 15 minutes or so.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

It's a selfish and short-sighted attitude, but not a new one. One of the chief complaints in early 2008 after the big changes were made was that gold farmers would be missed because now raw materials were too expensive.

Regular randoms take too long and are annoying as hell, which is why people screamed to have them cut back, but this is the result. What they really need is "micro-randoms", that require human thought to answer, but can be done extremely quickly, something modelled after the CAPTCHAs used on websites. They should come up every 15 minutes or so.

captchas? You forgot how well those worked in RSC? lol

And OP is ranting only bc he's the one hunting chins. If he tried chinning 99 range or getting 99 smith, the story would be diff.

captchas? You forgot how well those worked in RSC? lol

I never played RSC so I don't know how they were implemented there, but they do work on websites now, so perhaps that was just a poor implementation.

Doesn't even need to be CAPTCHAs... could be simple math problems or something.

And OP is ranting only bc he's the one hunting chins. If he tried chinning 99 range or getting 99 smith, the story would be diff.

But that applies to all the people rationalizing bots too. They think it is "good" to have cheap raw materials, but forget that for every person helped by a bot in this way, someone else is hurt.

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

The Math Problem you said wouldn't work either. The Bots WOULD and WILL solve it. Just like they did with Random Events, and honestly. how many people would train skills knowing that every 15 Minutes they have to answer a question?

Link0000109.png

Going for:

85 Mining

50 Dungeoneering

60 Runecrafting

99 Firemaking achieved 24th June 2010!

is today opposite today or is someone ranting against bots really getting flamed and slammed on technicalities?

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

is today opposite today or is someone ranting against bots really getting flamed and slammed on technicalities?

Answering whether or not today is opposite day, is a tricky question. Much like the Grandfather Paradox.

Anyways, I don't have a problem reporting bots. I personally only rarely do, if I have solid solid evidence.

I did read your post, reading and comprehension are two separate skills.

As well as, maybe one person has gotten into the 100 millions xp by botting, you realize how many reports they must have gotten?

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

I make a post complaining about bots the majority of the posts so far are ranting back at me? Why so hostile? I guess the majority of people are ok with cheating and would rather just insult the guy that spots the cheaters. Keep up the good work.

Actually I'd rather insult both, while I don't approve of bots it's really annoying to have some wannabe mod ask for somethign while you are training and when you don't answer they report you. If someone asks me for a certain level before any conversation is made I usually won't respond. Then they go on asking "Bot?" in chat and I respond with a no and rant on them a bit until they go and do something useful, it's not like Jagex is really going to do anything with a report of someone who doesn't respond to chat.

Preau.png

Actually I'd rather insult both, while I don't approve of bots it's really annoying to have some wannabe mod ask for somethign while you are training and when you don't answer they report you. If someone asks me for a certain level before any conversation is made I usually won't respond. Then they go on asking "Bot?" in chat and I respond with a no and rant on them a bit until they go and do something useful, it's not like Jagex is really going to do anything with a report of someone who doesn't respond to chat.

Its also really annoying to have people post in your topic who don't read your post and just insult you. I don't report people who don't respond in chat, but keep one making stuff up without reading and proceeding to insult me. If you're saying a wannabe mod is a player that hates cheaters then FINE, I'm a wannabe mod by that definition. Jagex made the report button for a reason, and if botting isn't a good report reason, then what is?

zajebe.png

Its also really annoying to have people post in your topic who don't read your post and just insult you. I don't report people who don't respond in chat, but keep one making stuff up without reading and proceeding to insult me. If you're saying a wannabe mod is a player that hates cheaters then FINE, I'm a wannabe mod by that definition. Jagex made the report button for a reason, and if botting isn't a good report reason, then what is?

Never have I said that a wannabe mod is a player that hates cheaters, a wannabe mod is someone who goes actively bot-hunting in hopes of getting Player moderator status. Also I have never called you a wannabe mod, I was just ranting on the people that are, and assume not talking equals being a bot.

Preau.png

The Math Problem you said wouldn't work either. The Bots WOULD and WILL solve it.

I am quite sure Jagex could come up with something that would work. RS is not the only place that has to deal with bots, there are solutions out there.

Just like they did with Random Events, and honestly. how many people would train skills knowing that every 15 Minutes they have to answer a question?

Well, it's a trade-off: more randoms means more annoyance but fewer bots. Fewer randoms? Less annoyance and more bots.

signew2.png

To be honest, I'm won't be surprised if someone who doesn't bot gets banned anyways, and takes Jagex to court... They'd have to show how they find out botters, which as we all know is Mod Paul's next door neighbor's kids rolling dice on an account.

1-Botting

2-Probably botting

3-Not botting

4-Roll again

5-Mute them for lulz

6-Roll again

It's pretty state of the art imo.

To be honest, I'm won't be surprised if someone who doesn't bot gets banned anyways, and takes Jagex to court... They'd have to show how they find out botters, which as we all know is Mod Paul's next door neighbor's kids rolling dice on an account.

1-Botting

2-Probably botting

3-Not botting

4-Roll again

5-Mute them for lulz

6-Roll again

LMFAO

1-Botting

2-Probably botting

3-Not botting

4-Roll again

5-Mute them for lulz

6-Roll again

LMFAO

The miserable thing is that it's propably true...although i think 6 might be banning the guy who reported the botter for being a pain in the ...

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

See people, this is why I don't post on these forums anymore.

I'm going to go ahead and stereotype you people as bullies who are willing to a pick a fight. All doing this while sleeping in your mom's basement playing Runescape for 5-10 hours a day with little to no sleep.

I have found better communities out there and I'm not even going to bother to list them for you wannabe losers. TC, I understand your frustrations and I agree that a lot of Hunter bots are ruining the experience for everyone else.

You people make me sick. Grow up, get a life, and try to understand where Rants like these are coming from. I'm not even going to bother wasting time for you idiots to flame back as I see this quite often in the Tip It Forums.

See people, this is why I don't post on these forums anymore.

I'm going to go ahead and stereotype you people as bullies who are willing to a pick a fight. All doing this while sleeping in your mom's basement playing Runescape for 5-10 hours a day with little to no sleep.

I have found better communities out there and I'm not even going to bother to list them for you wannabe losers. TC, I understand your frustrations and I agree that a lot of Hunter bots are ruining the experience for everyone else.

You people make me sick. Grow up, get a life, and try to understand where Rants like these are coming from. I'm not even going to bother wasting time for you idiots to flame back as I see this quite often in the Tip It Forums.

Forums are for debating. I fail to see any debating in your post :shame:

Methinks there be a troll lurking...

Anyway, I've seen so many bots at green dragons it's not even amusing. They ALL wear granite plate, dragon legs, dragon med helm, sapphire necklace, and usually whip. Don't talk, and private is off. I've reported over twenty in one day at one point.