Real Screamo vs Bad Screamo

Nah_idiot

Honestly I like both forms of it; in fact I enjoy most of the bands you mentioned quite a lot. There is a lot of more artistic, even pretentious screamo around but good bands from that side are pretty hard to come by as it stands. I agree; I love the really raw form of screamo for exactly the same reasons as you stated. It's also why I enjoy grindcore and crust punk too.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[...]

bands like Ampere, bands like Louise Cyphre, Orchid, Sinaloa, JFFB, Raein, and bands like La Quiete have that almost indescribable quality that can only come from real screamo.

[...]

Even on a screamo thread I can't agree with anyone in MM&T icon_wall.gif

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

[...]

bands like Ampere, bands like Louise Cyphre, Orchid, Sinaloa, JFFB, Raein, and bands like La Quiete have that almost indescribable quality that can only come from real screamo.

[...]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pom2yui5IA&feature=PlayList&p=777A6EFC4D248A36&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rStbvslOxCo

I'm sure you've heard of metalcore, it's pretty much a combo of metal and hardcore punk and isn't really screamo, but I think it's something you would like.

Oh, and here's a list of real screamo bands.

[...]

[...]

I'm sure you've heard of metalcore, it's pretty much a combo of metal and hardcore punk and isn't really screamo, but I think it's something you would like.

Oh, and here's a list of real screamo bands.

oh blessed Metalcore <3:

yeah, thats my primary genre by far, but the line between metalcore and post-hardcore gets rather scewed sometimes [even occasionally blending with screamo]

@SilverSword

while looking up The Ghost Inside, I came across this:

which was surprisingly good imo. And I usually don't like the sinus-ridden screamers. As for The Ghost Inside? The instruments were spot on, but I couldn't get into the vocalist. Genghis Tron? I'm still enjoying them as I respond smile.gif. Defniaitly more song searching to do with them icon_thumbsu.gif

EDIT:

upon further research...A City Serene makes GORGEOUS sounds.

I was also diggin' on Bring Me The Horizon's "Suicide Season"

@SilverSword

while looking up The Ghost Inside, I came across this:

which was surprisingly good imo. And I usually don't like the sinus-ridden screamers. As for The Ghost Inside? The instruments were spot on, but I couldn't get into the vocalist. Genghis Tron? I'm still enjoying them as I respond smile.gif. Defniaitly more song searching to do with them icon_thumbsu.gif

EDIT:

upon further research...A City Serene makes GORGEOUS sounds.

I was also diggin' on Bring Me The Horizon's "Suicide Season"

Breakdown after breakdown after breakdown after breakdown after breakdown after breakdown after breakdown after breakdown after breakdown after breakdown after breakdown after breakdown after breakdown

:thumbup: Hell yeah brotha man. You can't have good screamo without breakdowns. Otherwise you get Thursday :thumbsdown:

Sometimes when I feel more violent and wound up than usual, it's fun to blast some Bring Me The Horizon along with my usual Otep and Slipknot. Same way I listen to I Set My Friends on Fire when I feel like laughing.

Metal is dead. The genre has died and morphed into something else. We just happen to call it metal, so people need to deal with it.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

:thumbup: Hell yeah brotha man. You can't have good screamo without breakdowns. Otherwise you get Thursday :thumbsdown:

...none of those bands you linked are screamo..

neither is thursday

and umm last poster, your post is like pretty much 100% off topic L

Metal is dead. The genre has died and morphed into something else

AhahahaHAHAHAHAHAHA

CSL for about two minutes. Good job mate.

Now I'm going to be wondering what CSL stands for.

Couldn't stop laughing, would be my biggest guess... but now I won't be able to stop thinking about it.

Fffuu acronyms.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

icon_thumbsu.gif Hell yeah brotha man. You can't have good screamo without breakdowns. Otherwise you get Thursday :thumbsdown:

neither is thursday

that was my point. And for the sake of argument, what genre would you classify my links?

icon_thumbsu.gif Hell yeah brotha man. You can't have good screamo without breakdowns. Otherwise you get Thursday :thumbsdown:

neither is thursday

that was my point. And for the sake of argument, what genre would you classify my links?

deathcore/metalcore

neither is thursday

deathcore/metalcore

Metalcore, maybe. But certainly not deathcore. When I think deathcore I think Behemoth, Devildriver, Nile and Carnivex.

neither is thursday

deathcore/metalcore

Metalcore, maybe. But certainly not deathcore. When I think deathcore I think Behemoth, Devildriver, Nile and Carnivex.

Behemoth is Melodic Death metal, DevilDriver is NWOAHM, Nile is death metal, I'm unfamiliar with carnivex but apparently they're actually Deathcore. Still, nothing that you posted was screamo.

Metal is dead. The genre has died and morphed into something else

LOLOLOLOL.

Anyways, I don't think I've made much of a contribution to this thread yet. I like a fair bit of Emo/Screamo (don't quite know the difference), such as Circle Takes the Square, Envy, pg.99, Funeral Diner, and Saetia. I haven't yet checked out any of the French bands, though I've been meaning to. However, I like a fair bit of Post-Hardcore as well (Emery, A Static Lullaby, Trophy Scars, early Thrice, and BATS to name a few); the genres aren't really that related and both are good for different times.

Couldn't stop laughing, would be my biggest guess... but now I won't be able to stop thinking about it.

You're correct.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F51_iADWiE0

Pretty dope screamo from Estonia. You can get their EP for free here.

Ooh that's pretty nice.

These guys are cool too. They don't scream much, but it's really post-rockish too, which makes them kinda unique.

Our Subatomic Earth

I just say that most Labels placed on bands nowadays are completely wrong...

Some Labels aren't even that smart of a label.

I don't care about what label the songs I listen to or the bands I love are classed as, or even if the label they are under is completely wrong.. If they make good music that I like, then that's all I care about.

Arguing over whether one band is *this label* and one isn't *this label* is just a little bit silly in my eyes... Just enjoy the music.

LIGHTsfan.png

signature.png

Rach's the Bern to my Lambda, Req's the Erika to Rach's Bern. It works.

Arguing over whether one band is *this label* and one isn't *this label* is just a little bit silly in my eyes... Just enjoy the music.

The point of labeling bands is so you can pick a genre you like and find bands that belong to it. Would be annoying if everything would be classified as just music.

2dvjurb.png

Genres are only bad when bands start labeling themselves. All it does is stifle creativity. If a band calls themselves a punk band, then they can't branch out and try other genres or have other influences in their songs without being called sellouts. That's what happened to Green Day. My favorite band, Oceansize, refuses to put themselves into a genre for that reason, and they produce some of the most creative stuff ever written. However this tends to backfire. When you forsake genres for the sake of creativity, it makes you hard to classify, and thus harder to find.