Private chat?

Leyenda

When I first started playing, a Jagex staff impersonator messaged me and requested my login information, which I wisely declined to offer. From then on, I have kept my private chat on Friends. Recently, I thought, "What's the worst that could happen?" and turned my private chat On. Almost immediately, a random username (which I did not recognize) asked me why I was on their friend list. They were not on mine. (What are the odds?) :mellow:

Do you all keep your private chat on On, or on Friends for the same reason I do? Are there any good reasons to turn private chat on?

All skills 70+

Trails: 2 x Rune platebody (g)

Barrows: 1 x Dharok's legs

Drops: 1 x Dragon skirt | 1 x Dragon defender

I keep it on friends, because over the months I've had a few people I don't want added to my friends list on there. I later deleted them. Don't feel like explaining what went on to them lol.

hzyi3.gif

Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature!

Then perhaps this one should be locked ASAP to avoid a similar outcome?

Alright

I keep it on friends, because over the months I've had a few people I don't want added to my friends list on there. I later deleted them. Don't feel like explaining what went on to them lol.

Good idea, saves time XD

All skills 70+

Mods don't have to lock it; they just have to move it to the Questionnaires section. :thumbup:

I keep friends on On. If I get a random pm, I just mentally ignore it (spammers get a physical ignore, of course), or play along with the stranger if I feel like it.

Not much to it...

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Sounds good to me Pinky.

Also I keep it on friends, that way I don't have to deal with random people Private Messaging me while I play. Back when I played a lot and people knew me, I would have loads of people message me and I detested it due to not being able to message back. I might change that now that f2p got bumped to 200 people now.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

Mods don't have to lock it; they just have to move it to the Questionnaires section. :thumbup:

I keep friends on On. If I get a random pm, I just mentally ignore it (spammers get a physical ignore, of course), or play along with the stranger if I feel like it.

Not much to it...

Good idea; I'm keeping mine on for a trial period

All skills 70+

Sounds good to me Pinky.

Also I keep it on friends, that way I don't have to deal with random people Private Messaging me while I play. Back when I played a lot and people knew me, I would have loads of people message me and I detested it due to not being able to message back. I might change that now that f2p got bumped to 200 people now.

I like your avatar, M.C. Escher was a brilliant artist. I've never really had a problem with random PMs, except for one person lately, that's why it's on friends until she realizes I don't want to talk ;)

I always keep private on friends. I don't have time for random people chucking abusive text/spam/scams at me. Plus, if you want to talk to someone, the only people allowed to should be your friends, unless you're an unbelievably nice person and have the time to reply to random people and take all the abuse that comes along with it o_O

2vuhgcn.png

I keep mine to friends typically because of as recent I get messaged a ton when I turn it to on... Sometimes I do though when I want to just say hi to some people or try to buy something on the forums... It used to always be set to on though.

I'm pretty sure there is already a thread about this topic.

Yeah and it became a flame war that spewed heartless and thoughtless insults from both sides. Not again please.

Do you mean this thread? It was actually a pretty interesting thread, but sadly after I found it and posted only one other person posted their thoughts then it died. I was actually kind of interested to read the author's response.

But anyways, Friends.

Expecting a good life because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.

was on friends for most of rs but its on now for dungeoneering....id want people to keep thier chat on so i can get in so i do the same by keeping mine on

dont get random pm's sometimes a friend i deleted talks to me but i usually add em back

or just answer a random pm

if i get annnoyed i will just put it on friends tho...

StarViv.png