Bots are making a come-back

Cacmypants

What you just said doesn't exactly do your personality justice.

Well why do strangers I have never met and will never meet have to think my personality is great?

On-topic, I have some friends on my list who have told me they are botting, and honestly I couldn't care at all.

Preau.png

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well why do strangers I have never met and will never meet have to think my personality is great?

On-topic, I have some friends on my list who have told me they are botting, and honestly I couldn't care at all.

what happens when they start taking your kills and start taking the resources your trying to get?

The once was a mexican called pepsi,

Or maybe it's just he had Hep C,

He was a pretty cool bro,

Bros generally are you know,

He hailed from the land of 'taters,

He was known to hate many-a-hater,

He likes a girl named Lacey,

His thoughts about her are kind of racy,

And also his dad likes to [rooster].

and none of you bot supporters answer my question yet,

what good comes from bots except low prices?

i mean having things lowed priced, isnt that what low leveled people do for us?

What you need to understand is that some people are not just in it for the lowered price, they themselves bot their level and are trying to rationalise it.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

there isn't really any bot supporters here, I don't think so anyway. I know I wouldn't openly admit I supported bots on an official fan-site forum.

Society is going nowhere if everyone thinks like that.

============================================

Yes, you can't exactly tell a friend to stop botting, still doesn't mean that it's ok. Every bot has in-game friends.

im not saying full on supporters im just saying these guys that are saying they dont care about bots. and why would you want a bot to level up for you? thats the most laziest thing ive ever seen i mean i could sit there thinking of what to do but i would never bot just to get 99 fm or something like that. i mean my friend got 99 fm without botting. why do you think you cant do it by yourself?

You know what I think would be a dangerous but possible move?

Jagex could ask their player-mods who have 4+ years of experience to "do something" to those bots.

I'm not gonna go any further. Just a thought.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

im not saying full on supporters im just saying these guys that are saying they dont car about bots. and why would you want a bot to level up for you? thats the most laziest thing ive ever seen i mean i could sit there thinking of what to do but i would never bot just to get 99 fm or something like that. i mean my friend got 99 fm without botting. why do you think you cant do it by yourself?

Some people do it for the risk of getting banned (they bored and want to see what they can get away with)

Some people do it because their friends are

Some people do it because they think they're bad-ass

Some people do it becayse they're jealous of other players

Some people do it because they want to cut the middle-man and get straight to using/showing off things

Some people do it <insert all of the above>

what happens when they start taking your kills and start taking the resources your trying to get?

You become stronger or move to a spot where bots cannot go (GWD bosses).

You use the money obtained from the no-bot-zones to buy the resources you would have gathered yourself because it is much cheaper that way.

What you need to understand is that some people are not just in it for the lowered price, they themselves bot their level and are trying to rationalise it.

tbh, I have no idea what the true argument against botters is... Just because you sit around in your house all day to gain pixels while the other (botting person) gains their pixels but is able to maintain a social life, doesn't make it bad. You just sound jealous because other people have to work less for their pixels.

Reasons why not to bot:

- risk to account

- hollow achievement (tick)

- disregard for other players economically

- dsregard for other players socially

Risk = Reward ~ And apparently Jamflex is terrible at catching bots and gives them temp bans for it. Not much risk to your account tbh.

Ever thought that maybe those people are botting so they can get to a point where they can have more fun without having to do the boring part? (Like botting combat to pvp because pvp is fun in their eyes and grinding is not)

It is good for all non-nubs economically....

???

Reputation on Runescape... what will they think up next :rolleyes:

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

i mean this is kinda like real life, you have to work to get better, the things you want, having bots do the work for shows where your gunna go in life...

You become stronger or move to a spot where bots cannot go (GWD bosses).

You use the money obtained from the no-bot-zones to buy the resources you would have gathered yourself because it is much cheaper that way.

tbh, I have no idea what the true argument against botters is... Just because you sit around in your house all day to gain pixels while the other (botting person) gains their pixels but is able to maintain a social life, doesn't make it bad. You just sound jealous because other people have to work less for their pixels.

Reasons why not to bot:

- risk to account

- hollow achievement (tick)

- disregard for other players economically

- dsregard for other players socially

Risk = Reward ~ And apparently Jamflex is terrible at catching bots and gives them temp bans for it. Not much risk to your account tbh.

Ever thought that maybe those people are botting so they can get to a point where they can have more fun without having to do the boring part? (Like botting combat to pvp because pvp is fun in their eyes and grinding is not)

It is good for all non-nubs economically....

???

Reputation on Runescape... what will they think up next :rolleyes:

what happens when they learn how to go to gwd?

edit: ya about the useing bots to keep a sociable life

i bet you 50% still play other games on other consoles and what not

Edited by ihavedinner247

Reputation comes in the form of black marks (as well as friendship opportunities), so I guess that can be coupled with risk to account somewhat. Protip: never disregard reputation

It is quite sad how Jagex openly announced a zero tolerance policy against bots, all would be issued perma-bans regardless of membership status, total experience and gameplay time. Why do we have yet to see this?

@ howbadisbad,

I may sound jealous, but you sound like a botter... I prefer to sound jealous. These assumption games can be played both sides buddy.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Reputation comes in the form of black marks, so I guess that can be coupled with risk to account somewhat. Protip: never disregard reputation

It is quite sad how Jagex openly announced a zero tolerance policy against bots, all would be issued perma-bans regardless of membership status, total experience and gameplay time. Why do we have yet to see this?

Because Jamflex is poor because their income has taken a hit over the years of these crappy updates.

Hints to they are poor:

Raising of subscription prices

Runefest ticket prices are over 9000 (even though they claim they aren't making profit :rolleyes: )

Crappy, poorly designed/ half completed updates needing complete reworking

And now, temp bans, so they can get their subscription moneysss

Obviously the company is at fault for wrecking their own income that they have to rely on such measures now. (It started with the wilderness removal) <- *turns flame shield on*

@ howbadisbad,

I may sound jealous, but you sound like a botter... I prefer to sound jealous. These assumption games can be played both sides buddy.

And if I was? I would be getting my boring pixels so I can play the fun aspects of the game while you are slowly dieing inside from training agility to 90+ talking about things like achievement, honor, and reps.,While I am enjoying the game.

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

have you seen what jagex has to put up with?

they have to deal with bots, make updates, and fix glitches and etc.

i would love to see you be put in there shoes and pull that one off

edit: yes they did kinda mess up in the beginning but thats human, have you seen one person that doesnt have a flaw or hasnt done something bad, people DO learn from there mistakes

Reputation comes in the form of black marks, so I guess that can be coupled with risk to account somewhat. Protip: never disregard reputation

Because Jamflex is poor because their income has taken a hit over the years of these crappy updates.

Hints to they are poor:

1. Raising of subscription prices

2. Runefest ticket prices are over 9000 (even though they claim they aren't making profit :rolleyes: )

3. Crappy, poorly designed/ half completed updates needing complete reworking

4. And now, temp bans, so they can get their subscription moneysss

Obviously the company is at fault for wrecking their own income that they have to rely on such measures now. (It started with the wilderness removal) <- *turns flame shield on*

Sorry, you're just throwing assumptions at us. Here's some more likely explanations:

1. Because they can

2. Because they can

3. Thats your opinion

4. Perhaps

In case you haven't noticed, RS advertisement is popping up everywhere, and they sheer fact that they can afford to hold Runefest greatly denotes the contrary of your belief.

Hints to they are poor:

2. Runefest ticket prices are over 9000 (even though they claim they aren't making profit :rolleyes: )

Sorry, you're just throwing assumptions at us.

1. Because they can

2. Because they can

3. Thats your opinion

4. Perhaps

And you are assuming that bots are becoming more common without any true factual basis other than "you think the guys in the mining guild were bots"

They might have just not have talked to you

1. Because they can

2. Because they want their pixels and talking with random noobs who are like "OMFG ME MININ GULD SPUT R TEKEN IT R A BOT THER!" lowers their pixel income.

3. Its your opinion that bots are bad.

4. Perhaps it is against the rules, but if everyone followed the rules then jails wouldn't be needed :rolleyes:

EDIT: The tickets are like $115 USD. What couldn't you afford if tickets were that much? Especially if it only lasts 1 day.

arcane_stew.png

They were bots, there's no mistake. Testing is fairly simple

- Follow the player

- talk to them

- trade

- keep following

- talk to them

- etc

by that tme, if they haven't responded, they're a bot (you've given them plenty of time to turn public chat on, even if they have trade off, you're following them).

Plus you can always tell from the typical jerky and efficient movement patterns. It's especially clear when two bots are on top of each other and move to the next target in perfect sync.

- Follow the player

- talk to them

- trade

- trade

- trade

- trade

- etc

- talk to them

by that tme, if they haven't responded, they're a bot (you've given them plenty of time to turn public chat on).

Or they assume you are a nub wanting free stuff and place you on their ignore list.

Your basis for finding out if people are bots is somewhat hilarious, and does not prove in the slightest that people are bots. They just want their pixels more than they want to give you free stuff.

arcane_stew.png

Hints to they are poor:

Sorry, you're just throwing assumptions at us.

1. Because they can

2. Because they can

3. Thats your opinion

4. Perhaps

And you are assuming that bots are becoming more common without any true factual basis other than "you think the guys in the mining guild were bots"

They might have just not have talked to you

1. Because they can

2. Because they want their pixels and talking with random noobs who are like "OMFG ME MININ GULD SPUT R TEKEN IT R A BOT THER!" lowers their pixel income.

3. Its your opinion that bots are bad.

4. Perhaps it is against the rules, but if everyone followed the rules then jails wouldn't be needed :rolleyes:

EDIT: The tickets are like $115 USD. What couldn't you afford if tickets were that much? Especially if it only lasts 1 day.

ugh your like a stubborn donkey

every bot makes atleast 10 mad

and no one has answered my question,

whats the soul reason to bot except 2 things, a higher level and money, if your that lazy not to get your own resources, all i have to say wow, just wow

Yea I'm so jealous. I wish I could get a program to play a game for me, because as you astutely pointed out Runescape requires me to sit around my house all day while botters, I assume such as yourself, are out getting all the hot chix and drinking bacardis and having sweet rave parties and greeting other people by doing that thing where you point both of your fingers like guns emot-ocelot.gifemot-smug.gif and go "pshew pshew" like the sound guns make, and then you go beat the [cabbage] out of some nerds because math is for [bleep]s, and it's the only way for you to assert yourself over those losers with no social lives.

I get the feeling howbadisbad is going to pull a BloodArgon, and we'll see a post from him in the "I got banned" thread explaining how he's quitting after his umpteenth macro account got banned. But hey, at least in the meantime you've managed to put dem nurds in their place, right?

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

@ Howbadisbad,

If you are botter, then you deserve to be banned on both RS and Tip.it, plain and simple. If there are no moderators here to moderate your assumptions, then I'm gonna start treating you like the botter you are. I hope there's a shift coming towards botters from Jagex and I hope you get perm banned for botting.

@ Omali

Great post as always. Omali strikes again for the good cause!

langerkiller.png

- Follow the player

- talk to them

- trade

- trade

- trade

- trade

- etc

- talk to them

by that tme, if they haven't responded, they're a bot (you've given them plenty of time to turn public chat on).

Or they assume you are a nub wanting free stuff and place you on their ignore list.

Your basis for finding out if people are bots is somewhat hilarious, and does not prove in the slightest that people are bots. They just want their pixels more than they want to give you free stuff.

that could be proven wrong, what if there lvl 3? and can you give us any other way to tell if there bots?

Yea I'm so jealous. I wish I could get a program to play a game for me, because as you astutely pointed out Runescape requires me to sit around my house all day while botters, I assume such as yourself, are out getting all the hot chix and drinking bacardis and having sweet rave parties and greeting other people by doing that thing where you point both of your fingers like guns emot-ocelot.gifemot-smug.gif and go "pshew pshew" like the sound guns make, and then you go beat the [cabbage] out of some nerds because math is for [bleep]s, and it's the only way for you to assert yourself over those losers with no social lives.

I get the feeling howbadisbad is going to pull a BloodArgon, and we'll see a post from him in the "I got banned" thread explaining how he's quitting after his umpteenth macro account got banned. But hey, at least in the meantime you've managed to put dem nurds in their place, right?

totally agree on your assumption, if you want to play a game full of bots, just like earlier go play some maple story

- Follow the player

- talk to them

- trade

- trade

- trade

- trade

- etc

- talk to them

that could be proven wrong, what if there lvl 3? and can you give us any other way to tell if there bots?

It's actually very reliable, go back and read the post you quoted because I changed it. (was half jokeing the first time)

The only time it doesn't work so well is when the training involves standing still, like fishing. Many people completely ignore the game during these activities.