Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Bots are making a come-back

• Please log in to reply
503 replies to this topic

Cacmypants
[ Display Name History ]

Cacmypants

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:5th Density
  • RSN2:Precise Nova

Reputation comes in the form of black marks, so I guess that can be coupled with risk to account somewhat. Protip: never disregard reputation

It is quite sad how Jagex openly announced a zero tolerance policy against bots, all would be issued perma-bans regardless of membership status, total experience and gameplay time. Why do we have yet to see this?

Because Jamflex is poor because their income has taken a hit over the years of these crappy updates.

Hints to they are poor:

1. Raising of subscription prices
2. Runefest ticket prices are over 9000 (even though they claim they aren't making profit :rolleyes: )
3. Crappy, poorly designed/ half completed updates needing complete reworking
4. And now, temp bans, so they can get their subscription moneysss

Obviously the company is at fault for wrecking their own income that they have to rely on such measures now. (It started with the wilderness removal) <- *turns flame shield on*

Sorry, you're just throwing assumptions at us. Here's some more likely explanations:

1. Because they can
2. Because they can
3. Thats your opinion
4. Perhaps

In case you haven't noticed, RS advertisement is popping up everywhere, and they sheer fact that they can afford to hold Runefest greatly denotes the contrary of your belief.

howbadisbad
[ Display Name History ]

howbadisbad

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,318 posts
  • RSN:teh stew
  • Clan:Mafia City

Reputation comes in the form of black marks, so I guess that can be coupled with risk to account somewhat. Protip: never disregard reputation

It is quite sad how Jagex openly announced a zero tolerance policy against bots, all would be issued perma-bans regardless of membership status, total experience and gameplay time. Why do we have yet to see this?

Because Jamflex is poor because their income has taken a hit over the years of these crappy updates.

Hints to they are poor:

2. Runefest ticket prices are over 9000 (even though they claim they aren't making profit :rolleyes: )

Obviously the company is at fault for wrecking their own income that they have to rely on such measures now. (It started with the wilderness removal) <- *turns flame shield on*

Sorry, you're just throwing assumptions at us.

1. Because they can
2. Because they can
3. Thats your opinion
4. Perhaps

And you are assuming that bots are becoming more common without any true factual basis other than "you think the guys in the mining guild were bots"
They might have just not have talked to you

1. Because they can
2. Because they want their pixels and talking with random noobs who are like "OMFG ME MININ GULD SPUT R TEKEN IT R A BOT THER!" lowers their pixel income.
3. Its your opinion that bots are bad.
4. Perhaps it is against the rules, but if everyone followed the rules then jails wouldn't be needed :rolleyes:

EDIT: The tickets are like $115 USD. What couldn't you afford if tickets were that much? Especially if it only lasts 1 day.
Posted Image

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

Cacmypants
[ Display Name History ]

Cacmypants

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 744 posts
They were bots, there's no mistake. Testing is fairly simple

- Follow the player
- talk to them
- trade
- keep following
- talk to them
- etc

by that tme, if they haven't responded, they're a bot (you've given them plenty of time to turn public chat on, even if they have trade off, you're following them).

Plus you can always tell from the typical jerky and efficient movement patterns. It's especially clear when two bots are on top of each other and move to the next target in perfect sync.

howbadisbad
[ Display Name History ]

howbadisbad

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,318 posts

- Follow the player
- talk to them
- trade
- trade
- trade
- trade
- etc
- talk to them

by that tme, if they haven't responded, they're a bot (you've given them plenty of time to turn public chat on).

Or they assume you are a nub wanting free stuff and place you on their ignore list.

Your basis for finding out if people are bots is somewhat hilarious, and does not prove in the slightest that people are bots. They just want their pixels more than they want to give you free stuff.
Posted Image

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

Pepsiguy
[ Display Name History ]

Pepsiguy

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 596 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:pepsiguy
  • Clan:i dont even know

Hints to they are poor:

Sorry, you're just throwing assumptions at us.

1. Because they can
2. Because they can
3. Thats your opinion
4. Perhaps

And you are assuming that bots are becoming more common without any true factual basis other than "you think the guys in the mining guild were bots"
They might have just not have talked to you

1. Because they can
2. Because they want their pixels and talking with random noobs who are like "OMFG ME MININ GULD SPUT R TEKEN IT R A BOT THER!" lowers their pixel income.
3. Its your opinion that bots are bad.
4. Perhaps it is against the rules, but if everyone followed the rules then jails wouldn't be needed :rolleyes:

EDIT: The tickets are like $115 USD. What couldn't you afford if tickets were that much? Especially if it only lasts 1 day.

ugh your like a stubborn donkey
every bot makes atleast 10 mad
and no one has answered my question,
whats the soul reason to bot except 2 things, a higher level and money, if your that lazy not to get your own resources, all i have to say wow, just wow

The once was a mexican called pepsi,
Or maybe it's just he had Hep C,
He was a pretty cool bro,
Bros generally are you know,
He hailed from the land of 'taters,
He was known to hate many-a-hater,
He likes a girl named Lacey,
His thoughts about her are kind of racy,
And also his dad likes to [rooster].

Omali
[ Display Name History ]

Omali

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,429 posts
  • RSN:mtomali

tbh, I have no idea what the true argument against botters is... Just because you sit around in your house all day to gain pixels while the other (botting person) gains their pixels but is able to maintain a social life, doesn't make it bad. You just sound jealous because other people have to work less for their pixels.

Yea I'm so jealous. I wish I could get a program to play a game for me, because as you astutely pointed out Runescape requires me to sit around my house all day while botters, I assume such as yourself, are out getting all the hot chix and drinking bacardis and having sweet rave parties and greeting other people by doing that thing where you point both of your fingers like guns Posted ImagePosted Image and go "pshew pshew" like the sound guns make, and then you go beat the [cabbage] out of some nerds because math is for [bleep]s, and it's the only way for you to assert yourself over those losers with no social lives.

I get the feeling howbadisbad is going to pull a BloodArgon, and we'll see a post from him in the "I got banned" thread explaining how he's quitting after his umpteenth macro account got banned. But hey, at least in the meantime you've managed to put dem nurds in their place, right?
Posted Image

Posted Image

langer
[ Display Name History ]

langer

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,144 posts
  • RSN:Langerkiller
@ Howbadisbad,

If you are botter, then you deserve to be banned on both RS and Tip.it, plain and simple. If there are no moderators here to moderate your assumptions, then I'm gonna start treating you like the botter you are. I hope there's a shift coming towards botters from Jagex and I hope you get perm banned for botting.

@ Omali

Great post as always. Omali strikes again for the good cause!

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills
Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602
Latest top 15 update : page 602
6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Pepsiguy
[ Display Name History ]

Pepsiguy

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 596 posts

- Follow the player
- talk to them
- trade
- trade
- trade
- trade
- etc
- talk to them

by that tme, if they haven't responded, they're a bot (you've given them plenty of time to turn public chat on).

Or they assume you are a nub wanting free stuff and place you on their ignore list.

Your basis for finding out if people are bots is somewhat hilarious, and does not prove in the slightest that people are bots. They just want their pixels more than they want to give you free stuff.

that could be proven wrong, what if there lvl 3? and can you give us any other way to tell if there bots?

Pepsiguy
[ Display Name History ]

Pepsiguy

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 596 posts

tbh, I have no idea what the true argument against botters is... Just because you sit around in your house all day to gain pixels while the other (botting person) gains their pixels but is able to maintain a social life, doesn't make it bad. You just sound jealous because other people have to work less for their pixels.

Yea I'm so jealous. I wish I could get a program to play a game for me, because as you astutely pointed out Runescape requires me to sit around my house all day while botters, I assume such as yourself, are out getting all the hot chix and drinking bacardis and having sweet rave parties and greeting other people by doing that thing where you point both of your fingers like guns Posted ImagePosted Image and go "pshew pshew" like the sound guns make, and then you go beat the [cabbage] out of some nerds because math is for [bleep]s, and it's the only way for you to assert yourself over those losers with no social lives.

I get the feeling howbadisbad is going to pull a BloodArgon, and we'll see a post from him in the "I got banned" thread explaining how he's quitting after his umpteenth macro account got banned. But hey, at least in the meantime you've managed to put dem nurds in their place, right?

totally agree on your assumption, if you want to play a game full of bots, just like earlier go play some maple story

Cacmypants
[ Display Name History ]

Cacmypants

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 744 posts

- Follow the player
- talk to them
- trade
- trade
- trade
- trade
- etc
- talk to them

that could be proven wrong, what if there lvl 3? and can you give us any other way to tell if there bots?

It's actually very reliable, go back and read the post you quoted because I changed it. (was half jokeing the first time)
The only time it doesn't work so well is when the training involves standing still, like fishing. Many people completely ignore the game during these activities.

Pepsiguy
[ Display Name History ]

Pepsiguy

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 596 posts

- Follow the player
- talk to them
- trade
- trade
- trade
- trade
- etc
- talk to them

It's actually very reliable, go back and read the post you quoted because I changed it. (was half jokeing the first time)

no i didnt mean proved wrong against you i meant @ howbadisbad

howbadisbad
[ Display Name History ]

howbadisbad

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,318 posts

I lol'd reading this because you put things in such hilarious terms, while assuming that by "have social lives" I meant going to huge parties and being like a boss.

Tbh, if I was a bot I would laugh at the people who play legit (beat their asses irl by omali's standards) because I got the same thing as them with much less work, and I had fun (rave parties by omali's standards)

And yes I will come back on this thread and say:

OMFG JAMFLX BAND ME WTF DOOD I WUZ UNLY BOTIN FOR AL 99'S OMFG I QUIT RIP FAQSCAPE (Insert date when I was banned here)
Posted Image

Cacmypants
[ Display Name History ]

Cacmypants

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 744 posts

I lol'd reading this because you put things in such hilarious terms, while assuming that by "have social lives" I meant going to huge parties and being like a boss.

Tbh, if I was a bot I would laugh at the people who play legit (beat their asses irl by omali's standards) because I got the same thing as them with much less work, and I had fun (rave parties by omali's standards)

OMFG JAMFLX BAND ME WTF DOOD I WUZ UNLY BOTIN FOR AL 99'S OMFG I QUIT RIP FAQSCAPE (Insert date when I was banned here)

You do realise that much of what you just said can be easily classified under 'ass-hole mentality'.

langer
[ Display Name History ]

langer

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,144 posts

Don't worry mate, I know you'll crawl into your hole the day you get banned. Did you pay RL money to purchase your bot ?

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Pepsiguy
[ Display Name History ]

Pepsiguy

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 596 posts

i can see by now your not gunna get anywhere in life, becuase its just like work, your boss tells you something to do, what do you do, you go tell some1 else to do it for you, and what happens when the boss finds out,guess what you get fired :shock: and you know they do file reports on how good you do at jobs, and if you did that at school, cant imagine what your grades are
edit: and im pretty sure you probaby stay home and play other games becuase right now you wouldnt be on here if you did other stuff

Cacmypants
[ Display Name History ]

Cacmypants

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 744 posts
Ok, probably try to avoid direct personal attacks.

howbadisbad
[ Display Name History ]

howbadisbad

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,318 posts

You do realise that much of what you just said can be easily classified under 'ass-hole mentality'.

Its honestly hard to not be when you are being assaulted by multiple people, and none of the people from the original botting thread are here to help you out. I can't fight off everything by myself.

But the true reason I have no hate for bots when it all boils down to it is because lower prices are win.

Getting 99 prayer on 8k a Dbone isn't my idea of "Awesome"

EDIT: @ Dinner

Isn't that why you wanted a robot to do your homework as a kid? I know we all did so don't deny it.
Posted Image

Brodly
[ Display Name History ]

Brodly

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 299 posts

The only time it doesn't work so well is when the training involves standing still, like fishing. Many people completely ignore the game during these activities.

It's still not reliable, did you know you can also turn off trade messages.
And when I'm playing with all chats off (which is almost never) I won't turn it on for some guy following me.

I've read somewhere (I believe it was a total copy of the Player Mod RS forums) that you shouldn't report people for macroing just because they do not respond.

It's only clear if someone is botting if they do something repetetively that a person just would not do, like walking back and forth for 2 hours withoud doing anything. Or go crazy when you light a fire or plant some flowers infront of them (in the case of firemaking).

Posted Image

Pepsiguy
[ Display Name History ]

Pepsiguy

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 596 posts
im sorry about that, my anger is ventilating out and i over did it.
and for you howbadisbad, yea we wanted robots to do our homework, but did that ever happen? nooooooo but we all still manage to get through it and why do you think now we cant manage it?

langer
[ Display Name History ]

langer

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,144 posts
I've heard the same arguments towards third world countries and cheap salaries. People want their clothes cheap and don't care if it means cheap labor and poor life conditions at the end of the line. It's not uncommon, in fact Howbadisbad's position isn't an extreme one, it's just an "immoral" one, but shared by many. And yeah, we are 4-5 against 1 because not many players have the courage to say they cheat their levels and gold.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users