Bots are making a come-back

Cacmypants

I remember the economy being more stable during the years of 2005-2006 than post RWT years. I don't like bots, but I understand there is no way to 100% completely keep them out of runescape so why complain about it if we have no chance of stopping it. The only chance would be if Jagex actually listened to players.

HA! When pigs fly...

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

loled at omalis post

but yeah, people need to chill - if you're seriously upset [enough to 'rage'] by something someone else does on an online game? they need to take a step back, take a breather and have a lil laugh at themselves

bcuz i'm sure you'll find the botters dont give a [cabbage], get over it guise

Chill pill taken. Would you say the same thing if you ever get hacked or wrongly banned? Would you say, eh! it's just a game! Someone else corrupted my account, but eh! it's just a game, I won't let the actions of someone else affect me!

Reality check here buddy: There's a spill oil in the Mexican Gulf, someone else did it, it will only affect the people living near the coast and except the higher price I'll pay, I don't give a damn? I want BP to pay the same way I want the botters to pay. I don't like cheaters getting away.

Off topic: I've been getting gas from BP, because for weeks the gas has been almost 20 cents cheaper than everywhere else. (Thats the non car wash option, though I usually do get the car wash option too :) )

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

loled at omalis post

but yeah, people need to chill - if you're seriously upset [enough to 'rage'] by something someone else does on an online game? they need to take a step back, take a breather and have a lil laugh at themselves

bcuz i'm sure you'll find the botters dont give a [cabbage], get over it guise

Chill pill taken. Would you say the same thing if you ever get hacked or wrongly banned? Would you say, eh! it's just a game! Someone else corrupted my account, but eh! it's just a game, I won't let the actions of someone else affect me!

Reality check here buddy: There's a spill oil in the Mexican Gulf, someone else did it, it will only affect the people living near the coast and except the higher price I'll pay, I don't give a damn? I want BP to pay the same way I want the botters to pay. I don't like cheaters getting away.

Off topic: I've been getting gas from BP, because for weeks the gas has been almost 20 cents cheaper than everywhere else. (Thats the non car wash option, though I usually do get the car wash option too :) )

So what, are we comparing BP to a bot lowering the price of gas? :blink:

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

explain me this

why do who ever bot bot?

it keeps the money down and lvls them up, the lazy mans way

and bots probably make idk lets say in a month,probably 100+ are mad

i mean if you bot, dont [WAGON]ing play runescape

how long does 99 hunter take?

200 hours? thats 8 days

people buy 99 hunter accounts with the 30 mil they accumulate for ca $50

if you can bot 4 characters at a time, for 8 days

thats almost $200 a week, for doing nothing

not bad for a 15 yo skiddie tbh

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

No? I just find it funny. I think BP is trying to make up for something, or the gas station owners are just idiots. (it's the only BP gas station on my driving route, so I don't know if the gas lowering prices are only for that BP)

But on topic:

I just reported a bot. Just for you guys <3

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

No? I just find it funny. I think BP is trying to make up for something, or the gas station owners are just idiots. (it's the only BP gas station on my driving route, so I don't know if the gas lowering prices are only for that BP)

But on topic:

I just reported a bot. Just for you guys <3

Did you ask him for free stuff and follow him around a while waiting for him to respond and when he didn't you reported him?

I bet money that bot won't get the banhammer :P

arcane_stew.png

no no, I just said "hi" and he didn't respond. Obvious bot.

troll comment aside, I went to a hunter spot, and used the hunter method.

SmallThumbnail.jpg

For some reason this make more sense than it should...

arcane_stew.png

I was showing how weak the argument that what someone else does, has no effect on me. It simply is not true. Every bot contributes to the freak economy we have by either devaluating or inflating some items' value. BP contributes to higher gas price (the gas we buy today at the pump was sold months ago as "futures" deal) and that oil leak will affect me in the end via environmental disasters, higher fish and clams prices and so on.

With an amoral playerbase and a games developper that looks to have lost faith in its rules, I don't foresee great things in the future for RS.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

SmallThumbnail.jpg

For some reason this make more sense than it should...

wow just wow

im just stop posting on this, ive had enough of blowing my steam off

The once was a mexican called pepsi,

Or maybe it's just he had Hep C,

He was a pretty cool bro,

Bros generally are you know,

He hailed from the land of 'taters,

He was known to hate many-a-hater,

He likes a girl named Lacey,

His thoughts about her are kind of racy,

And also his dad likes to [rooster].

i'll never get hacked, because i dont download illicit rs programs and my password is unguessable

being wrongly banned would suck, but tbh it wouldnt even be the end of the world - these days rs is a little extra thing i do when i can slip in a little private 'me-time', not something that happens all too much :(

but either way ^ is an illogical extreme of an idea that does makes sense - MOST things people can do to you on games like rs SHOULD NOT upset you so dramatically if you have your priorities straight, right?

you just compared an ecological catastrophe to a slight computer game inconvenience, struggling to take this seriously m8

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

Thats actually not very logical at all.

Would you get pissed if I took a sledgehammer to your birdhouse you took 4 months making? Of course. Who cares? I mean birds will find other food. Now, let's say I steal a birdhouse you've been working on for 3+ years, only to then smash it up and give it back to you.

***feel free to switch out the noun birdhouse with any other noun. I just felt like talking about smashing a birdhouse XD

I was comparing how something IRL can affect you, not the scale nor the consequences. The thing is, you're kinda assuming I'm fuming by myself in front of my computer frantically writing in hopes I'll change the entire gaming industry. I'm upset more in the sense that I am annoyed by botters and how they affect my gameplay. They won't make me quit or anything, but if they were to get perm banned, that would certainly make me grin.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

I was comparing how something IRL can affect you, not the scale nor the consequences. The thing is, you're kinda assuming I'm fuming by myself in front of my computer frantically writing in hopes I'll change the entire gaming industry. I'm upset more in the sense that I am annoyed by botters and how they affect my gameplay. They won't make me quit or anything, but if they were to get perm banned, that would certainly make me grin.

amen to that brother idk lol :mrgreen:

The once was a mexican called pepsi,

Or maybe it's just he had Hep C,

He was a pretty cool bro,

Bros generally are you know,

He hailed from the land of 'taters,

He was known to hate many-a-hater,

He likes a girl named Lacey,

His thoughts about her are kind of racy,

And also his dad likes to [rooster].

Would you get pissed if I took a sledgehammer to your birdhouse you took 4 months making? Of course. Who cares? I mean birds will find other food. Now, let's say I steal a birdhouse you've been working on for 3+ years, only to then smash it up and give it back to you.

whats not logical? i said being wrongly banned would suck, i also said it wouldnt be the end of the world

like my misses messing with a jigsaw id spent a couple weeks assembling now and then when i got a spare moment? it would suck, but i wouldnt kick her out lol

The thing is, you're kinda assuming I'm fuming by myself in front of my computer frantically writing in hopes I'll change the entire gaming industry.

hahaha thats almost exactly the way id pictured you

Rock_Hard.png

I'm going to change my display name to something random("gghj333"), get the default botter's outfit, and chop yews at the same place for 24 hours without talking and see if and how many times I get called a botter.

I didn't really mind bots. It was fun getting the flax picking bots killed.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

whats not logical? i said being wrongly banned would suck, i also said it wouldnt be the end of the world

like my misses messing with a jigsaw id spent a couple weeks assembling now and then when i got a spare moment? it would suck, but i wouldnt kick her out lol

The thing is, you're kinda assuming I'm fuming by myself in front of my computer frantically writing in hopes I'll change the entire gaming industry.

hahaha thats almost exactly the way id pictured you

No what I was getting at, was that it's been proven the more time you spend on something, the more important the brain makes it. It doesn't matter if it makes sense, thats the truth. Maybe theres something wrong with *you* if you get po'd.

I'm going to change my display name to something random("gghj333"), get the default botter's outfit, and chop yews at the same place for 24 hours without talking and see if and how many times I get called a botter.

I didn't really mind bots. It was fun getting the flax picking bots killed.

Repurted nuubzz

But yea, people generally have no idea what a bot can really do. To them a bot is a magical creature that never talks when spoken to, and skills.

arcane_stew.png

@ Gidion

Don't worry mate, thinking back to some of my replies, I sure do look like an angry nerd sometimes!

I happens to all of us.

Crap...

arcane_stew.png

@ Gidion

Don't worry mate, thinking back to some of my replies, I sure do look like an angry nerd sometimes!

I happens to all of us.

Crap...

yep we all are on an internet forum arguying about a video game, it's bound to happen!

langerkiller.png

They were bots, there's no mistake. Testing is fairly simple

- Follow the player

- talk to them

- trade

- keep following

- talk to them

- etc

by that tme, if they haven't responded, they're a bot (you've given them plenty of time to turn public chat on, even if they have trade off, you're following them).

Plus you can always tell from the typical jerky and efficient movement patterns. It's especially clear when two bots are on top of each other and move to the next target in perfect sync.

I'm sorry, but that's just not a good way. Have you ever tried tele-othering them? That's honestly the best way to do it.

I mean, I've been mining rune ore for an hour already today, and on about 10-11 worlds people were there saying "is rune ore good money????" I don't respond, not because I'm botting of course, but because, let's face it, I mine rune for epic money. I don't want to have conversations with these people, so most times I just ignore them (since I only stay on each world for like.... 30 seconds) however if a rock takes a long time I might say "yh." Of course then they all ask a thousand more questions. Anyways, my point is on some worlds with really long rock mining times, some wbm's were camping rune rocks trying to find botters, and they traded me etc saying "bot?" "bot?" "bot?" I didn't respond, I'm not going to give into them like that. They most likely reported me, but since I wasn't botting I don't have anything to fear.

And once again, I don't support botters. I'm just playing the devil's advocate, because people like Langer make me rage, and it's not that they hate botting, its that they won't stop ranting about botters. Non stop, I mean I do understand you have the right to make rant topics, but do you guys really think ranting will make Jagflex do anything...

Teleother only works on newbie botters, even then, I know that botting forums openly advise to turn accept aid off. I tested the tele-other method at chaos tunnel green drags, the spell itself only worked on a few bots, and out of the ones it worked on, only one was tripped up. If the bot programmers are capable of circumventing every random event, I'm pretty sure they have figure out how to deal with a tele-other.

All you have to say is '?' or something similar and they'll be off your case, not responding is lazy and arrogant. You'll find that most players have the courtesy to respond. btw, talking does not mean "bot?" "bot?" "bot?", it's something less annoying like "Please reply", "Can I ask something" <proceeding asking a question> or maybe something that will make them want to brag like "mining level?". Emotes work quite well too if you want to grab attention.

True that if you're a lower level attempting this method, there are plenty of pig-headed higher levels that will just ignore them out of sheer superiority complex. It works better when you're lv120+.

====================================================================

indeed, nothing quite beats the hilarity of a nerd RAGE. :ugeek:

Uhhh I don't talk to low levels because I can't be bothered. I never said my level has anything to do with it, I hate the Runescape population (and the majority of tip.it population) save maybe 20-40 people.

tbh, I have no idea what the true argument against botters is... Just because you sit around in your house all day to gain pixels while the other (botting person) gains their pixels but is able to maintain a social life, doesn't make it bad. You just sound jealous because other people have to work less for their pixels.

Yea I'm so jealous. I wish I could get a program to play a game for me, because as you astutely pointed out Runescape requires me to sit around my house all day while botters, I assume such as yourself, are out getting all the hot chix and drinking bacardis and having sweet rave parties and greeting other people by doing that thing where you point both of your fingers like guns emot-ocelot.gifemot-smug.gif and go "pshew pshew" like the sound guns make, and then you go beat the [cabbage] out of some nerds because math is for [bleep]s, and it's the only way for you to assert yourself over those losers with no social lives.

I get the feeling howbadisbad is going to pull a BloodArgon, and we'll see a post from him in the "I got banned" thread explaining how he's quitting after his umpteenth macro account got banned. But hey, at least in the meantime you've managed to put dem nurds in their place, right?

I lol'd reading this because you put things in such hilarious terms, while assuming that by "have social lives" I meant going to huge parties and being like a boss.

Tbh, if I was a bot I would laugh at the people who play legit (beat their asses irl by omali's standards) because I got the same thing as them with much less work, and I had fun (rave parties by omali's standards)

And yes I will come back on this thread and say:

OMFG JAMFLX BAND ME WTF DOOD I WUZ UNLY BOTIN FOR AL 99'S OMFG I QUIT RIP FAQSCAPE (Insert date when I was banned here)

I will have you know that I have trademarked FAQscape (Frequently-Asked-Question-scape) for a future MMO and will be enforcing my trademark in exactly now thank you.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I don't see why people complain about bots, if anything you should applaud them. With inflation so high as it is we need more bots. Back prior to RWT updates, everything was cheap, now look at it.. Yew logs at almost 500gp? Wake up.

MqyLAlK.png

Dark_Musica.pngu7jB5FP.png