Double Exp Weekend(s)

anScooter

Well I have 6 fm brawlers banked. If double xp weekend incorporates into that. I could easily get 99 fm. then use the rest of my brawlers. 8X exp would be pro.

*I wasn't here for the last weekend. I don't know if it works like that or not*

61,358th to 99 range on May 23rd, 2010.

100,927th to 99 def on February 13th, 2011.

pigeons.png

Relics.png

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have 6 fm brawlers banked. If double xp weekend incorporates into that. I could easily get 99 fm. then use the rest of my brawlers. 8X exp would be pro.

*I wasn't here for the last weekend. I don't know if it works like that or not*

If they do it like last time, it won't stack.

Silverfox30.png

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

I purposely avoided the first weekend. I'm going to purposely avoid any and further bonus exp weekend. I just don't enjoy it.

Not that i am trying to start an argument or anything, but how do you not enjoy getting more xp for something you would do normally?

The fact that prices double for double exp weekend just means it flats out cost wise. I dont see anything good coming from this and see no reason for another one to be done since the last one was as a preparation for dungeoneering if im not mistaken.

I'd rather them not have another double xp weekend, but if they do it, I will participate.

This.

Definitely looking forward to the next Double XP Weekend. The first one helped me train a skill that I really hate (Crafting) so I think of it as a great opportunity to catch up with skills that you dont particularly like. As always the Runescape community will find things to complain about, and life goes on as usual :)

As for those people who complain about the Double XP Weekends and participate in them anyway..... Lol @ you

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd love to be able to get 96-99 Summoning right now, but like so many people have said before, bonus xp weekends just take the feeling of accomplishment out of this.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

I'd love to be able to get 96-99 Summoning right now, but like so many people have said before, bonus xp weekends just take the feeling of accomplishment out of this.

Ya bro, mindless clicking definitely gives me a great feeling of accomplishment.

Ya bro, mindless clicking definitely gives me a great feeling of accomplishment.

You sound like that guy who was promoting botting. If you don't like playing the game, then don't [bleep]ing play it.

If they make another weekend, it needs to only affect specific skills.

Fishing, mining, woodcutting, firemaking, runecrafting, slayer, agility, combat, magic, ranged. Some small things might be bought out, but overall limiting it to these skills will leave the market relatively unaffected.

Having the last one affect herblore and summoning was a terrible idea, since these are the two most expensive skills in the game. I say that summoning is more expensive than prayer because of the additional time cost involved in gathering charms. The exp weekend should be helpful but not overpowered; allowing people to use it for extremely expensive skills breaks the game for everyone who can be on during it and puts everyone who didn't participate at a significant disadvantage.

td2sig.jpg

You sound like that guy who was promoting botting. If you don't like playing the game, then don't [bleep]ing play it.

Talking about the shortcomings of gameplay in Runescape is the same as promoting botting? I play Runescape for the content that isn't mindless (Quests, Dungeoneering, Bosses, Activities, etc). I have the full right to play the game and complain about the mindless content like skilling. Stop pretending like skilling is actual gaming.

If they make another weekend, it needs to only affect specific skills.

Fishing, mining, woodcutting, firemaking, runecrafting, slayer, agility, combat, magic, ranged. Some small things might be bought out, but overall limiting it to these skills will leave the market relatively unaffected.

Having the last one affect herblore and summoning was a terrible idea, since these are the two most expensive skills in the game. I say that summoning is more expensive than prayer because of the additional time cost involved in gathering charms. The exp weekend should be helpful but not overpowered; allowing people to use it for extremely expensive skills breaks the game for everyone who can be on during it and puts everyone who didn't participate at a significant disadvantage.

No, it should double/triple xp whatever with no limits at all. Thats what I would like, lol. Fming mage logs in wildy with brawls? Amazinggggg.

But limiting it too few skills is ridiculous, pure and simple.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I purposely avoided the first weekend. I'm going to purposely avoid any and further bonus exp weekend. I just don't enjoy it.

Not that i am trying to start an argument or anything, but how do you not enjoy getting more xp for something you would do normally?

The fact that prices double for double exp weekend just means it flats out cost wise. I dont see anything good coming from this and see no reason for another one to be done since the last one was as a preparation for dungeoneering if im not mistaken.

Yeah i understand the effect on prices and what not, what i was wondering is why someone wouldn't enjoy getting that xp anyway. Mirror explained though :smile:

jpegsigtest.jpg

Still doesnt make it right or fair on people who either had the level or no charms as they had already used them. I'm 89 sum now and with 5k crims, not enough for 96 which is what im saveing for yet if another weekend came round id have a shot at 97-99, which isnt right. Put as an example would mean I lucked out, not lucked out as you got the arma hilt or something, but lucked out as I got given a hilt by Jagex....

The exp weekend should be helpful but not overpowered; allowing people to use it for extremely expensive skills breaks the game for everyone who can be on during it and puts everyone who didn't participate at a significant disadvantage.

All I can say is, life's not fair, deal with it. At the time of the first XP weekend, I was only able to play for a little over 2 hours because my Internet at home was down and my local library only allows me to be on for an hour a day. But I never complained about it because I know that's how life goes sometimes. You either get over it or waste your time getting mad at something you have no control over.

Personally, I'm for more XP weekends - it's a fairly unanimous opinion that the grinding is horrible, so anything Jagex can do to reduce the grindage should be celebrated and embraced, not shunned. I don't understand the argument that "it lessens my sense of accomplishment". Huh? Accomplishment? I didn't realize clicking 100 more times than necessary was and "accomplishment". It was my understanding that getting the levels was more important than the journey. As much as I enjoy the process of smithing, getting from level 81 to 83 in two short hours was even more fun.

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

Still doesnt make it right or fair on people who either had the level or no charms as they had already used them. I'm 89 sum now and with 5k crims, not enough for 96 which is what im saveing for yet if another weekend came round id have a shot at 97-99, which isnt right. Put as an example would mean I lucked out, not lucked out as you got the arma hilt or something, but lucked out as I got given a hilt by Jagex....

The exp weekend should be helpful but not overpowered; allowing people to use it for extremely expensive skills breaks the game for everyone who can be on during it and puts everyone who didn't participate at a significant disadvantage.

All I can say is, life's not fair, deal with it. At the time of the first XP weekend, I was only able to play for a little over 2 hours because my Internet at home was down and my local library only allows me to be on for an hour a day. But I never complained about it because I know that's how life goes sometimes. You either get over it or waste your time getting mad at something you have no control over.

Personally, I'm for more XP weekends - it's a fairly unanimous opinion that the grinding is horrible, so anything Jagex can do to reduce the grindage should be celebrated and embraced, not shunned. I don't understand the argument that "it lessens my sense of accomplishment". Huh? Accomplishment? I didn't realize clicking 100 more times than necessary was and "accomplishment". It was my understanding that getting the levels was more important than the journey. As much as I enjoy the process of smithing, getting from level 81 to 83 in two short hours was even more fun.

Very well said. You are my new signature! :)

Nor is the journey the reason high levels hated the weekend. More people with overloads/unicorns/pack-yaks=more crowded bosses = harder for people who spent more time/money getting there to earn their money back. I obviously didn't and don't have levels to do that, but I am speaking on behalf of post-weekend ranters. As per the argument of accomplishments and whatnot, I agree that clicking the most is not an accomplishment. However, it's the after effects of achieving said levels that most high level players hate.

I'm all for another bonus XP weekend that either does not include summoning and herblore OR caps possible xp gains for one skill at 25% of the xp of that skill (any additional xp gained past 25% would count as x1.1, regardless of your current xp modifier).

[spoiler=Other Reasons from RSOF]"Jagex held a poll which stated that the majority of people were looking forward to the event. This means you are a minority."

Wrong. The poll was not "Do you support the XP Weekend". Personally, I voted that I was looking forward to it as I was getting 88 Herblore from it and I knew there was no way they would cancel it. Did I support it? Of course not!

--------

"Being against this event is selfish! Why do you care if somebody else has 99s?! It won't affect you!"

Let's step back a bit.

RuneScape - An MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer online RPG)

It is Multiplayer. In *ANY* game there is *ANY* *MULTIPLAYER* focus there will *ALWAYS* be *COMPETITION*.

I'm working towards getting my overall rank just under 10K, and that is competition. If suddenly you could get lots of XP, that will devalue the ranks worth.

Rank 1 won't be as prestiogus as you might have earned it the easier way (which at this rate is 2x easier)

I do care because it does affect me. I don't want everyone walking around with Steel Titan's and overload potions. They're hard to get for a reason. There is *ELITE CONTENT* for a reason. It's supposed to be ELITE. Giving 2X weekend is the same as cutting the elite content's requirements in half.

--------

"Some people don't have time to play the game, give them a chance to earn some XP."

That is a fair argument. Yes not all people have time to play the game. But to be blunt honest, why play? If I knew I had no time I just wouldn't bother. If you're going to play every now and again I would have to be again, blunt honest and say that either...

a.) Fit more time to play RS in your schedule (which I don't recommend) if you want higher levels.

b.) Quit. I don't think the weekend is fair for everyone else who had to spend lots of time when they could be doing things like you did.

"Prices didn't go up! And if they did, they would restore."

The issue is far greater at hand then just a few price rises and decreases.

Take a look at Water Talismans 180-day chart. They started off at about 5.2K and SPIKED TO 13K! Just LOOK at that chart! Not only do I have to suffer by participating in the weekend, I have to suffer AFTER the event because the price might never return to it's original cost.

I'm forced to pay a little bit more for more xp (which is fair) but at the end of the day I didn't want it and I would have much rather bought 99 Summoning with Water Talismans at ~6K each. Getting 99 Summoning after is more challenging because people hoarding months in advance. Prime example is today, once the news spreads (which it already has) the items will rise.

I'm right, Water Talismans are ALREADY on the rise and the XP Weekend hasn't been announced yet!

--------

"Not many people got 99 Summoning/94 Herblore/Etc"

A lot of people have, thousands in fact. A popular thread a few months ago showed about 3K new 99 Summoners within the first few hours of the event. Six MILLION experience should never take you a few hours in an MMORPG. It's heavily unbalanced!

--------

"It won't affect the game at that great of a scale"

Thats' because the affects haven't taken place yet and won't until the next BXPW. Most people trained Summoning last time and got 99 Summoning. There were 138s everywhere (more common then low levels imo). Next up will be Herblore.

If another ~10K people are going to get 94 Herblore and 99 Summoning (ontop of the people doing it again the next time) it will heavily devalue the game. Bosses is one prime example where they are supposed to be competitive. There is no competition when everyone is in maximum bonuses with things like Steel titans and Overloads.

Oh, and don't even get me started with how it will affect Quest requirements...

Solutions

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

1) Call it out. I don't think we need it and I talked to many people who said they liked it, but didn't support it. If you're going to use the poll as an excuse to do it again, then you are sorely mistaken.

2) Limit it. Even then it's a bad idea, but it's meeting us half way...

- Remove all buyable skills. Summoning, Herblore, Construction, etc will be left the same. The only skills you can train are the ones that are 'character development'. Resource skills will devalue the prices of resources when everyone's dumping all the resources they've received into the GE after the weekend.

- XP Limit for each skill. This could be the best benefit, something like 1M XP per skill or something wouldn't be too bad.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

When training a skill is strictly faster, it reduces the feeling of accomplishment at the end, which is the whole point of training skills.

Seriously?

I would GUESS that most people like to train in the most efficient fashion when possible. Most people don't continue to burn regular logs for FM exp. The don't fish shrimp for fishing exp. They don't fight Goblins for melee exp. Etc....

You ge the picture. Almost everyone uses a more "advanced" method of training whenever possible. The bonus exp weekend is no different. (Well, besides the fact that it only occured during a fixed time period. I hate it for those people who could not participate during that weekend. But that is how things work in the real world. )

Lord_Porus.png

Maybe have double xp weekends for nonbuyable skills such as:

-melee and constitution

-runecrafting (possibly)

-dungeoneering

-agility

-thieving

-slayer

-hunter

-mining

-fishing

-woodcutting

-farming (possibly)

Hoarding would be minimal if any at all and there would still be a large variety of skills to work with.

Disregard females.

Acquire currency.

I wasn't playing when the first one was on, but I would participate if they choose to do another one soon.

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

Never done one so can't comment on the pragmatics of one, but surely it's a good thing for someone to train a skill they dislike? Since they' get no reward from the slower achievement anyhow? Just a thought! :thumbsup: after all that way one could save their grinding for later on skills they value? :rolleyes:

6660_6.jpg

You have to remember this isn't life, this is runescape. And if you have paid any attention to jagex they do a fair amount to make sure things are "fair". Taking extreme pots away from pvp, banning bug abusers, macroers, and real world traders. They tend to nerf xp that seems to be too high (the theives guild's blackjacking xp). They try to keep a balance in the game to keep things fair. This overall upsets the balance which is why some people are so against it.

As for what you said about accomplishment, why else does anyone play? You yourself said the grinding isn't fun, but that doesn't mean that speeding it up for a few days is. And even if that is, do you still look past why anyone gets anywhere? Most people DO NOT play for the "journey", they play for that goal. That sense that they just accomplished something. And if you didn't realize that something like that was an accomplishment, you need to see how successful skill capes where at getting people to 99 compared to how people used to play. People play to feel they just did something. If you are going to oversimplify the game then yes you will look past what a person accomplished. Yes you can sit here and say this is just clicking, but again you are overlooking everything to begin with.

jpegsigtest.jpg

Stop pretending like skilling is actual gaming.

If skilling isnt gaming, why is it in the game?

I thought as long as I was doing something on Runescape, I was gaming.