Double Exp Weekend(s)

anScooter

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd probably use it for prayer or hunter. Those are the skills I most want advanced.

Altars and the Ectofuntus are disabled during the weekend, so you would be getting 2.7x xp max for prayer, when you could be getting 3.5x xp on a normal day. I don't think brawlers work either, but I'm not entirely sure.

[spoiler=EDIT: Quote from Jagex]Bonus XP Weekend - Save the Date!

What activities will NOT earn me bonus XP?

* Quest XP rewards

* Items/locations that already give bonus XP (e.g. genie lamps, tomes of experience, goldsmithing gloves, Ectofuntus, POH altars, etc)

* XP rewards at the end of activities/distractions (e.g. Tears of Guthix, Soul Wars, Pest Control, jade vine, skeletal horror, giving sq'irk juice to Osman, etc)

* Anything which allows points to be exchanged for XP (e.g. Penguin Points, Brimhaven Agility Arena tickets, Slayer incentives, Mrs Winkin's World of Seeds shop from Vinesweeper, etc)

* Any XP earned through the Assist system

Can I use my clay items, Penance horn, brawling gloves, etc, to add to my bonus XP?

These items will not work during the weekend as the effects of the bonus XP weekend will override any other items or areas that enhance XP rates. The item will not degrade when used during the bonus XP weekend. This includes clay items, Penance horns, brawling gloves, flame gloves/ring of fire, Fishing/Runecrafting/dragon slayer gloves and POH altars.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

I'd probably use it for prayer or hunter. Those are the skills I most want advanced.

Altars and the Ectofuntus are disabled during the weekend, so you would be getting 2.7x xp max for prayer, when you could be getting 3.5x xp on a normal day. I don't think brawlers work either, but I'm not entirely sure.

[spoiler=EDIT: Quote from Jagex]Bonus XP Weekend - Save the Date!

What activities will NOT earn me bonus XP?

* Quest XP rewards

* Items/locations that already give bonus XP (e.g. genie lamps, tomes of experience, goldsmithing gloves, Ectofuntus, POH altars, etc)

* XP rewards at the end of activities/distractions (e.g. Tears of Guthix, Soul Wars, Pest Control, jade vine, skeletal horror, giving sq'irk juice to Osman, etc)

* Anything which allows points to be exchanged for XP (e.g. Penguin Points, Brimhaven Agility Arena tickets, Slayer incentives, Mrs Winkin's World of Seeds shop from Vinesweeper, etc)

* Any XP earned through the Assist system

Can I use my clay items, Penance horn, brawling gloves, etc, to add to my bonus XP?

These items will not work during the weekend as the effects of the bonus XP weekend will override any other items or areas that enhance XP rates. The item will not degrade when used during the bonus XP weekend. This includes clay items, Penance horns, brawling gloves, flame gloves/ring of fire, Fishing/Runecrafting/dragon slayer gloves and POH altars.

Looks like hunter then. ;)

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Yay! Double XP again! For Summoning this time, baby!

Nay! "no times or dates have been decided on yet." Only had a few charms atm. :(

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

The only way I'll be happy with a double XP weekend is if there is a cap. I don't think amount you can play should influence your standings in a game. Unfortunately, there really isn't a way around this.

I wouldn't mind it again, last time i got 76-83 summoning in 20 minutes :blink:

Although if summoning/other buyables aren't included this time around, I wouldn't mind either, although resource skills would get really crowded...

Staurolite.png

If there is another bonus weekend in the near future, definitely going to work on summoning again. Taking a break from dungeoneering now to do slayer so stocking up on charms. ^_^ I actually had fun on the first weekend racing with friends to see who'd get the most levels. :P

Small note. If you're so opposed to "expensive" skills getting double exp, then you really should have said something when they came out with sacred clay tools.

u have to play sc to get those tools and it only really hurt the prices of smithing as more people could afford smithing but it did not really hurt con or craft just more people got them but the time to get the tools balances out for those skills as far as the money per hour u can do it without sc on.

also it isnt one weekend.

I dont mind more double expirience weekends i will use it on dungeoneering.The onl skill i think double expirience weekends werent fair on is summoning also i think they should cut out the 2.7x and leave it 2x the whole time then when it disappears change it to a standing 1.5x exp so it doesnt ust run out and cant use ba or sc tools whole weekend.

Last exp weekend i trained a lil con and craft w/o tools and then some mining .

StarViv.png

My friends and I have settled on Agility for the next one.

EDIT: How would Dungeoneering work? If it'd apply, I'll see you guys there. :blink:

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

If anything, I think it'd just double gains after the final score, rather than actually doubling your token output, since that would be insane if they did do that.

Also I can't really think of any skills you could be talking about that are affected by money aside from herblore and summoning, if we're taking construction, crafting, and smithing out.

Anyway if this is just a scoreboard of wealth perhaps there is something larger at fault than people who don't "deserve" to have something despite similar input of effort, but not drop lucky or market savvy.

8f14270694.jpg

When would one expect this weekend to come? few weeks from now? or months maybe?

I wouldn't expect them to stage these too often seeing how overpowered they were for some skills. Maybe have one before the end of the year, maybe one next year same time.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

When would one expect this weekend to come? few weeks from now? or months maybe?

I wouldn't expect them to stage these too often seeing how overpowered they were for some skills. Maybe have one before the end of the year, maybe one next year same time.

i didnt play when they had the first one, how overpowered do you mean exactly?

i didnt play when they had the first one, how overpowered do you mean exactly?

3k new 99 summers ;p

StarViv.png

3k new 99 summers ;p

that doesn't sound too bad

In relation the the number of 99 summoners there were, it was a lot.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

I could honestly see them doing it much more often if they took out buyable skills.

If they changed it to a flat modifier, and say 1.2x for the entire weekend (or possibly 20~ cumulative hours) they could do it once a month. Of course that won't happen, but taking all buyable skills out would be a pretty good idea. I honestly didn't much care that so many people trained those skills, but the mess it left the GE in was annoying (this is from someone who managed to get thousands of clean/grimy irits and water tallys the first day of the news).

The non-linear modifier they used last time was stupid, as it favored skills that gained exp extremely quickly. I guarantee you wouldn't have seen half as many summoners that weekend if the modifier over 10 hours ('jk 7 hours lol') was a flat average.

letting people do that with summoning was very stupid... the fact that gathering charms takes so long made double summoning xp ridiculously overpowered. I think I read somewhere that if they do it again it will only be for non-consumption skills. I greatly hope that is the case.

I could honestly see them doing it much more often if they took out buyable skills.

If they changed it to a flat modifier, and say 1.2x for the entire weekend (or possibly 20~ cumulative hours) they could do it once a month. Of course that won't happen, but taking all buyable skills out would be a pretty good idea. I honestly didn't much care that so many people trained those skills, but the mess it left the GE in was annoying (this is from someone who managed to get thousands of clean/grimy irits and water tallys the first day of the news).

The non-linear modifier they used last time was stupid, as it favored skills that gained exp extremely quickly. I guarantee you wouldn't have seen half as many summoners that weekend if the modifier over 10 hours ('jk 7 hours lol') was a flat average.

I'd be all for it for a whole weekend every month being 1.7x xp IF it was only for unbuyable skills. With summoning included, once a year is more then enough.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.