Double Exp Weekend(s)

anScooter

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

summoning and herblore are the only things it was really bad for and herblore only because of the cost and no other modifier otherwise you just save sc tools...

for summoning they should somehow make it double whatever the current charm drop is. people saving 2-8k crims on the way to 99 summoning is like......if u get 200 per hr 10-40 hrs gameplay and 100 per hr at fiends ancient cavern 20-80hrs of gameplay + all the money cost of getting the charms + half the money cost to get th 99 summoning which = some more gameplay.

herbore it saved zarfot like 300m.

i think they should have themed weekends randomly but then people might think jagex is telling em what to train....

like "bonus MINING EXP WEEKEND" and stacking with barb horn 2x exp for around 20hrs

or "bonus fishing weekend"

they could bring people together for those skills in the respective mining worlds or fish places.

StarViv.png

The simplest solution might be to just set exp caps on the amount of extra experience you can earn for each skill during the weekend.

For example, if there was a cap of 1m bonus experience (random number) per skill, there wouid be no massive influx of new 99ers. Players would only need supplies for a couple hours of summoning/herblore/prayer to get that bonus exp, rather than burning through dozens of thousands of supplies all weekend.

An experience cap also greatly favors production skills as these are generally slower; for the skills in which it is not possible to bank experience, you can instead save a greater number of hours than the consumption skills even though you aren't saving any money.

Even so, I don't want to see these very often. Jagex disappointed me with their attempts to maintain that the first bonus experience weekend was a "success."

2496 Completionist

I don't understand people's problems with new people getting 99s? What is wrong with people getting 99s quicker than usual?

It seems to just be more high leveled snobbery, not wanting their rank to go down or some ridiculous reason like that.

C1Geq.png

I don't understand people's problems with new people getting 99s? What is wrong with people getting 99s quicker than usual?

It seems to just be more high leveled snobbery, not wanting their rank to go down or some ridiculous reason like that.

A 99 skill is money in the bank. We don't want our money to be inflated, thus we don't want our skills to be inflated... unless ofcource you want to give me all your money, this has nothing to do with snobbery.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Competition.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.