iPhone 4

Pie Naple

Yes, after all these rumours and "misplaced" prototypes, the iPhone 4 was shown to us and will be ready for pre-order on the 21st of June :)

http://www.apple.com/iphone/

And feature video:

http://www.apple.com/uk/iphone/features.html#design-video

I'm most excited about mutli-tasking, HD Video (720p) and the 5mp camera.

What do you think? Will you be getting one?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbh, it will get much more attention here I'm sure. It is big news after all.

And, im not saying I'm buying one till I know how much it will cost here, in the UK.

Plus when the jailbreak is out. xD

Not impressed. More incremental upgrades from Apple to keep the fanboys happy. It seems like a good one to get for someone looking for their first smartphone, but it would be a waste of money for someone already with an iPhone. Video chat won't mean anything since it'll only be available to other iPhone 4 users (for a few months at least), and the awesome screen isn't that big of a deal. Plus all the other iPhones will get the new OS anyways.

But yeah, I do have a few friends that are finally upgrading to smartphones and this would be great for them. I'm still not sure if this is better than the other options, but it's looking much better than the 3GS.

wl7w9j.png

Not impressed. More incremental upgrades from Apple to keep the fanboys happy. It seems like a good one to get for someone looking for their first smartphone, but it would be a waste of money for someone already with an iPhone. Video chat won't mean anything since it'll only be available to other iPhone 4 users (for a few months at least), and the awesome screen isn't that big of a deal. Plus all the other iPhones will get the new OS anyways.

But yeah, I do have a few friends that are finally upgrading to smartphones and this would be great for them. I'm still not sure if this is better than the other options, but it's looking much better than the 3GS.

The one thing I LOVE, is camers on both sides of the phone! No more facebook pictures with you trying to take a picture with your phone backwards.

Tbh, I want google to trump this. The nexus one is amazing, but based *obviously* on preliminary reports, this trumps that so easily. And the folder thing is genius, and the multi tasking is even more easy to use then on android.

Come april 2011 I'm dumping this hunk 'o' junk G1 and hopping off T-mobile and getting a iphone 4. (Or if the newer version comes out before then, I might as well get the newer version)

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I want them to actually unlock the older models and drop the damn price on them if they're planning to release ANOTHER one. Im still stuck with this piece of junk that's going to die soon, and I cant afford a good one because they're $400+, almost the price of my cars' registration.

Popoto.~<3

Looks pretty impressive from what I've seen. Mind you, I've never owned a smart phone nor have I really done much research on them except for some articles on the droid. But I think I may get one to upgrade from my old beat up cellphone.

Just hope it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

congratulations apple, you finally add in a feature (multitasking) that other smart phones have had for years now.

Plus it doesn't matter how good the iPhone is or can get -- you still have to deal with the [cabbage]ty AT&T service haha. I'll stick with my Droid :).

Payment plans :)

While payments are stupid and unnecessary on a lot of things, imo some that are worth it (besides cars, houses etc) are phones, computers, and maybe maybe necessary furniture. TV? No. Dvd players? No. buying useless stuff for your car? No. But in this day and age (where Darkdude likes it or not :P )phones are a necessity, and if yours is that bad, get a new one.

edit:

congratulations apple, you finally add in a feature (multitasking) that other smart phones have had for years now.

Plus it doesn't matter how good the iPhone is or can get -- you still have to deal with the [cabbage]ty AT&T service haha. I'll stick with my Droid .

Or wait a bit, and buy an unlocked phone. And while multi tasking has been out for the longest time, Apple was working on other stuff which most phones are still trying to compete with.

1) Amazing app store, Android is microscopic comparatively.

2)Flash/visual appeal of the screen

3) Speed. This may be an isolated incident, but all the diffent iphones I've tried (my sister + friends have them) they are all a lot faster than the droid phones I've seen/used.

4)Sleekness (opinion)

5)Lets face it, popularity.

6)Good integration with computers. Nadril how do you like the Droid player on your computer that syncs with the droid, etc. etc. etc.

Looks pretty impressive from what I've seen. Mind you, I've never owned a smart phone nor have I really done much research on them except for some articles on the droid. But I think I may get one to upgrade from my old beat up cellphone.

Just hope it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Nah, just two kidneys, a lung, liver, and a gallon of plasma.

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

No need to pay so much extra out the ass on a payment plan just because you want a smartphone. I love my Droid but I'd never have gotten it if I couldn't actually have had afforded it.

EVO 4G has all those features and more. Plus the 4G connection speeds? I honestly don't see anything revolutionary with this iPhone. The video calling is probably the best but like someone said, it's only to other iPhone 4 owners. The Evo can broadcast live streams to a computer as well as other users. It definitely looks solid, but everything has been done before.

Guitar_by_Lemeja123.jpg

Or wait a bit, and buy an unlocked phone. And while multi tasking has been out for the longest time, Apple was working on other stuff which most phones are still trying to compete with.

1) Amazing app store, Android is microscopic comparatively.

2)Flash/visual appeal of the screen

3) Speed. This may be an isolated incident, but all the diffent iphones I've tried (my sister + friends have them) they are all a lot faster than the droid phones I've seen/used.

4)Sleekness (opinion)

5)Lets face it, popularity.

6)Good integration with computers. Nadril how do you like the Droid player on your computer that syncs with the droid, etc. etc. etc.

1) Less stuff on it, I'll give you that. However Android's marketplace is not near as regulated which means that you don't have corporations such as Apple dictating what you can and can not download on YOUR phone.

2) I prefer how the Android UI looks.

3) My droid is plenty fast not to mention I get 3G coverage pretty much everywhere I have been so far. AT&T doesn't get 3G out where I am in Kansas.

4) Yeah def just an opinion.

5) Well yeah.

6) I don't have to run some [cabbage]ty program on my PC to sync with my droid. I just plug it in and it acts as it's own drive (like a USB drive would). No having to deal with [cabbage] programs like iTunes. So yeah, it integrates fantastically.

I'm honestly not impressed with iPhones anymore. I have the "iPhone Killer" (AKA Droid) and it is far better then what I've seen on the iPhones

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

The Droid player? Umm, what is that? Have you ever used one? You just select "mount" on your phone right when you plug it in and it acts as a USB, it's the easiest damn thing ever. Apple products make you use their garbage for everything (i.e. iPods and iTunes).

Ive used a few smartphones when I decided on my phone, and the Droid is honestly the best out there (Haven't tried the Incredible but it doesnt have a physical keyboard, so no thanks.)

Looks like they just ripped off ideas from jailbreakers, multitasking, wallpapers, all there. Only thing really new is hardware, but there are better hardware phones out there, and the EVO4 will own this like the others said. Android ftw

/troll

The Droid player? Umm, what is that? Have you ever used one? You just select "mount" on your phone right when you plug it in and it acts as a USB, it's the easiest damn thing ever. Apple products make you use their garbage for everything (i.e. iPods and iTunes).

Ive used a few smartphones when I decided on my phone, and the Droid is honestly the best out there (Haven't tried the Incredible but it doesnt have a physical keyboard, so no thanks.)

Uhh vut? At that point is plain opinion, I love the idea of itunes, and with all the droid phones I've used, syncing with a comp is a nightmare. It's most certainly not just plug in. Lots of times windows won't let you transfer certain items, I remember for one thing I had to take the sd card out of my phone, and put it in a card reader, then plug into the comp. That was to transfer a music video or something. (which I ended up not even using because my phones media system is so deplorable I cbf'd.

But in reality I guess all it boils down to (imo) which type of phone your looking for. Are you looking for a mac type phone, with the emphasis on usability, sleekness, amazing graphics, and STILL very useful. Or a productivity oriented phone (I guess thats what I'd label android)

I personally am a mac kinda person (iphone style)

Also, I don't know if this was intentional, but you said Apple makes you use ipods. K. lol thats why I bought one :XD:

And it sounds like you just don't like being told what to do. And I thinks that same case as saying "wtf windows is making me use vista" uhh yea. You bought the product, what do you expect?

Uhh vut? At that point is plain opinion, I love the idea of itunes, and with all the droid phones I've used, syncing with a comp is a nightmare. It's most certainly not just plug in. Lots of times windows won't let you transfer certain items, I remember for one thing I had to take the sd card out of my phone, and put it in a card reader, then plug into the comp. That was to transfer a music video or something. (which I ended up not even using because my phones media system is so deplorable I cbf'd.

But in reality I guess all it boils down to (imo) which type of phone your looking for. Are you looking for a mac type phone, with the emphasis on usability, sleekness, amazing graphics, and STILL very useful. Or a productivity oriented phone (I guess thats what I'd label android)

I personally am a mac kinda person (iphone style)

Also, I don't know if this was intentional, but you said Apple makes you use ipods. K. lol thats why I bought one :XD:

And it sounds like you just don't like being told what to do. And I thinks that same case as saying "wtf windows is making me use vista" uhh yea. You bought the product, what do you expect?

iTunes works well for playing media, but I consider it garbage because it slows down computers SO MUCH when running it, especially if you aren't running a newer model.

I whole heartedly agree. I guess I was just getting a vibe from your post that you didn't want to use iphones etc. because it made you use itunes. Which I thought was stupid. But re-reading it I was wrong, L.

I would like a iPhone, but At&T service is crappy here is West Virginia. It's just not worth it for me.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]