Shops a thing of the past?

@Dan3HitU

I use shops daily to make 600k profit in 15 minutes.

Wow, how do you use the shop to make that much money? All I did was go to shop if I was nearby buy some tinder boxes and jugs to sell in GE, lol.

I remembered I used to go to the general store in Varrock, with some 500k gp and just sit there and buy stuff people toss in. I admit it was kind of waste of time but I picked up so many things for good deals, kind of like you go to liquidation store and pick up stuff that's at wholesale price. The competition was fierce and I had to get ready with the mouse to get the things I want.

Best I got was probably Shade Robe top and bottom, and runite ore (probably some other goodies but forgot what they were).

Bunch of uncut gems, arrows, and good number of maple long bow (buy it and alc it for some profit), and among other things.

For the other shops, I would frequently visit the gem shops in Al karid for uncuts, arrow shop in Varrock, never really visit the rune shop since the one I want tend to be low in supplies. Also good with Lumbridge shop where new players would toss bunch of stuff in and raw fish to cook (there is a fireplace right inside, so u can just cook and sell back for cook xp). Remmington for excessive amount of willow logs and iron ore for xp and smith xp. Best experience was after the system update, people would stay in arrow shops or rune shop to buy the stocked up arrows and runes, I myself once spend almost 5 hours just world hopping to buy tons of arrows....good times

I still use shop now to buy things like chisel and things for crafting purposes, but certainly not as much as before.

Maybe a 2nd grand exchange in other major cities? Personally, I don't think there is a need for stores now since GE is there, but not everyone has tons of tele runes to go GE every time so its still needed to some degree for quick cash. Not to mentioned the specialty stores that sells crafting items, plus it cost more in GE anyways. Its certainly not a good idea to put GE function in all store since people would just dump all the things they get from skilling and get good number of cash which usually requires walking and saving them (mess up the whole market).

a happy Runescaper

Oh the good old days, when you could camp the general store in Varrock and compete to snap up the interesting stuff that turned up.

Maybe they should add a "bazaar" feature to the exchange, where things could be puty on a list to randomly cycle through a shop display.