All Time Favorite Games

Hamtaro

How did you find it sad when Ghost died, he had zero character development, apart from he was basically just Gaz from CoD4 in a mask right down to the voice. I found it a lot harder to engage with the MW2 campaign because it moved really fast and had a lot of "wtf" random moments like Captain Price being alive, him setting off the nuke, suddenly switching to an astronaught, getting shot by General Shepherd, getting shot by Makarov, etc. Like multiplayer I think they took it too far with the all the crazy stuff.

I'm sick of all you CoD kids in general. For some reason people at my school actually look down on people if they don't play it.

IDK maybe stop playing Barbie & Friends and they won't. Also you call us kids then talk about your school, fail.

See, thats the thing. I call you kids because CoD players are largely immature, at least the majority of them are.

I don't play it because it isn't that good of a game. It's just another FPS, as hard as that may be for you to comprehend. And if you think someone can't play "hardcore" games without CoD you're just ignorant. Grow up, kid.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm I've never labeled a top 5 for games before, but let me try.

1. Sonic the Hedgehog 3 + Sonic & Knuckles connector (Genesis). Mind BLOWN when I found out I could connect Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 to Sonic & Knuckles. :D I personally enjoy all of this series, but this combination definitely provided timeless entertainment to me as a young boy.

2. Pokemon Blue (Game Boy). My older brother got red and I got blue. The rivalry between us was and is still strong. I was a bulbasaur fan and he was a squirtle fan.

3. The Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening (Game Boy). I got this in a bundle pack when I got my Game Boy Pocket Ice Blue Special Edition (ok, so I still remember that day vividly :P) and have loved playing it over and over again, the only problem is I still have yet to beat it. I've tried, I just can't manage it. My latest attempt at conquest was when the game didn't save anymore, so I had to do it in one sitting/keep it on all night while charging. This was just this last year. Good times. :)

4. Super Mario Bros 3 (Nintendo). Although I never owned this game, I have enjoy the countless times trying to beat this game (another one I still can't beat.) I have to say my favorite memory of this game is when I came to my friends house who couldn't beat a certain level. I got a feather and flew across the stage and beat it in 15 secs. His jaw dropped and we still laugh about it to this date.

5. Super Smash Bros. (Nintendo 64). I have enjoyed this game. Such a fun atmosphere and easy to learn game play. I'm not sure which one I like the most. There is the classic, the staple, and the new/flashy one. The reason I picked the classic one is because it provided the cornerstone to such a great series of games.

And that's my list. So hard to formulate it. Mostly decided on how much I played each one of them and how much I enjoyed playing it. Hope you guys enjoyed it! Here are some honorable mentions (in no particular order):

Goldeneye (Nintendo 64), Earthbound (SNES), Mario Kart 64 (Nintendo 64), Quackshot (Genesis)

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

In descending order:

1. Pokemon Firered (RPG, GBA)- It's RBY with actual 16bit colour omfg (I do own RBY, by the way).

2. Red Alert 2 (RTS, PC) - One the first games I played, and I love fast (it's relatively fast paced anyway, better than RA3 IMO) paced RTS gameplay.

3. Age of Empires 1&2 (RTS, PC) - This is fine right? I've not played AOE3, but I've heard it lives up to the standards. This is an awesome game.

4. Seven Kingdoms II (RTS, PC) - The Frythan wars - Relatively unheard of, played this with RA2 (when I was 5, mind). Awesome diplomacy system, interesting fantasy elements.

5. Halo 1&2 (FPS, PC/XBOX) - Pretty similar gameplay, might be overrated, but it's still a decent game. Story is bordering on "meh" but not the worst for it.

Honourable mention (in no particular order):

Starcraft (RTS, PC) - Solid gameplay but it's pretty much the same tactics every game.

Warcraft 3: the Frozen Throne (RTS, PC) ^

Diablo 2 (RPG, PC) - Maybe I just suck at this, it's pretty.. odd.

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (FPS, PC/XBOX360/PS3/Nintendo DS/Wii) - Everybody moved to the sequel so I get stuck with all the laggy rooms. Not cool. Gameplay is sweet.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (FPS, PC/Xbox360/PS3) - It's like COD4, but with more modern guns and terrible matchmaking for the PC versions.

How did you find it sad when Ghost died, he had zero character development, apart from he was basically just Gaz from CoD4 in a mask right down to the voice. I found it a lot harder to engage with the MW2 campaign because it moved really fast and had a lot of "wtf" random moments like Captain Price being alive, him setting off the nuke, suddenly switching to an astronaught, getting shot by General Shepherd, getting shot by Makarov, etc. Like multiplayer I think they took it too far with the all the crazy stuff.

I'm sick of all you CoD kids in general. For some reason people at my school actually look down on people if they don't play it.

IDK maybe stop playing Barbie & Friends and they won't. Also you call us kids then talk about your school, fail.

See, thats the thing. I call you kids because CoD players are largely immature, at least the majority of them are.

I don't play it because it isn't that good of a game. It's just another FPS, as hard as that may be for you to comprehend. And if you think someone can't play "hardcore" games without CoD you're just ignorant. Grow up, kid.

I lol'ed, seen as you started the childish name calling, then call us immature. You could have expressed the opinion you don't like CoD without bashing the people who play it, now you've just come across as one of these really butthurt kids who hate that CoD is the most popular game right now.

Personally, I reckon AoE III owned the other two. But largely, I think people think it's worse.

I played the demo of AoE3 and didn't really think much of it, it didn't really feel like AoE to me very much, I doubt I'd have liked the full game. For me its always going to be AoE2 and AoM that are the best.

I lol'ed, seen as you started the childish name calling, then call us immature. You could have expressed the opinion you don't like CoD without bashing the people who play it, now you've just come across as one of these really butthurt kids who hate that CoD is the most popular game right now.

Quite honestly, your first answer just made his point even clearer, he didn't insult anyone and you pretty much called him immature just for not playing a CoD game. Cod is a good game yes. One of the best FPS'? You betcha. Best game ever? Not even close, in my opinion. But does it give you the right to judge other people just because you don't play it? Of course not.

Also, he just mentioned his school, If you think mentioning a school is immature, then the immature here is you.

tl,dr: Keep the flamos off here.

Also, he just mentioned his school, If you think mentioning a school is immature, then the immature here is you.

The point was he called CoD players kids, then talked about his school. The Barbie & Friends joke was just in retaliation for the unneeded "kids" comment, I wasn't being serious, and this should have ended there. This kid started the flaming not me.

In descending order:

1. Pokemon Firered (RPG, GBA)- It's RBY with actual 16bit colour omfg (I do own RBY, by the way).

I never really liked the remakes of Red/Blue. I LOVE HG/SS, and I loved the original R/B, but I never enjoyed FR/LG. I think what made Red so much fun for me was all the glitches in the game.

Personally, I reckon AoE III owned the other two. But largely, I think people think it's worse.

I played the demo of AoE3 and didn't really think much of it, it didn't really feel like AoE to me very much, I doubt I'd have liked the full game. For me its always going to be AoE2 and AoM that are the best.

Yeah, my first AoE was II, and I only started playing around the time III was released, so I haven't been a long-standing fan.

6. Burnout 3

Yes. Add that to mine, along with War of the Monsters. Now that was an awesome game.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

1. Neverwinter Nights.

2. Tribes 2 - Still the best, and hardest, multiplayer-based FPS ever made.

3. Morrowind - The most satisfying time-sink game I have played.

4. GTA: San Andreas - A sand-box game with an engaging story, great characters and incredibly fun gameplay.

5. Half-Life 2.

2009rb9.jpg

What's everyone's obsession with San Andreas. I reckon it was the worst out of the GTA III era games. :| (Or maybe tied with LCS, that was pretty crap too)

#rpgformod

What's everyone's obsession with San Andreas. I reckon it was the worst out of the GTA III era games. :| (Or maybe tied with LCS, that was pretty crap too)

For me, the worst was LCS and 3, maybe because the towns were not all that interesting... for me, the top is:

1: Vice city

2: Vice City Stories

3: San Andreas

4:3

5: Liberty City Stories.

I REALLY love Vice city: Best story in the series, engaging evironments, increadible missions like the Studio's and the Bank assault and even better carachters, like Lance Dance Vance, Good side-missions and best of all, colourfull personalities, critiques and complaintments to the miami society.

And, again, Colour is what makes this GTA stand out, 4 is just a mix of Cofee and chocolate :?

1. Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus

Best platformer I have ever played. Sorry mario, but this has excellent art design, character design, and sound (I'll embed the title theme underneath this just so you can listen to it, it's very soothing and really gets into the entire modd of the game). The game is also absed on real life things, especially big business and their exploitation of third world countries (as we can see with the inhabitants of oddworld, especially the mudokons). Never has a platformer reached such a milestone; simply beautiful.

PS: The title theme sounds really good with headphones on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svGJrRKbOc4

2. Oddworld: Abe's Oddysey

The only reason this is second is because the gameplay is a little below exoddus. However, the environments are just as beautiful and characters just as creative; gameplay elements are lacking in some areas, though.

3. Spyro The Dragon

Man, I grew up on this game. How could I not include it? The music is brilliant, the levels are creative as well as the enemies, however controls are little wonky, but it was the very first one and amny mistakes were corrected in the second and third games (though these don't make the list because, well, I don't really feel they cut it). Besides, this game was one of the first on PS1 to kick off 3D platforming, and it did a damn good job.

4. Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped / Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back

Both brilliant games, some great music and level design, however they did strike as repetetive in some areas. Graphics were quite good for PS1, however Spyro's graphics were much brighter and really reflected the world. Not to say that CB didn't, but Spyro just did it better, lol. I've finished these games almost 10 times each (yes, each) 100 percent. Big Crash fan :D.

5. CTR: Crash Team Racing

This game is extremely addicting and the levels are brilliant, its a shame because the music wasn't that reat and pretty much just looped itself over and over, not only during the level but OTHER levels as well. Characters were brilliant, however the campaign didn't really reflect them well, with only a small intro that made them look empty and simply statistics (like acceleration, and that kinda stuff).

Well, there's my 5 cents with full explanations. If I'm gonna have a list, I'm gonna tell you why I have these games on it :lol:.

disturbeda.png

For me, the worst was LCS and 3, maybe because the towns were not all that interesting... for me, the top is:

I REALLY love Vice city: Best story in the series, engaging evironments, increadible missions like the Studio's and the Bank assault and even better carachters, like Lance Dance Vance, Good side-missions and best of all, colourfull personalities, critiques and complaintments to the miami society.

And, again, Colour is what makes this GTA stand out, 4 is just a mix of Cofee and chocolate :?

Vice City > IV > III > TBOGT > Vice City Stories > TLAD > CW > San Andreas > Liberty City Stories.

#rpgformod

Vice City > IV > III > TBOGT > Vice City Stories > TLAD > CW > San Andreas > Liberty City Stories.

Well, if we are counting the GTA4 era then the top is Vice City>VCS>SA>TBOGT>4>TLAD>3>LCS

Huh...

1) Batman: Arkham Asylum. (That game showed us that there could be a decent comic-book game.)

2) Doom (2) (Either either, they're both pretty much the same, Doom 1 had better level design though.)

3) Castlevania (The series in general, though my personal fave outta the lots SotN)

4) BF:BC2/MW2 (I know they shouldn't be compared, but I like them both in equal amounts for what they are.)

5) LBP (If you know my old sigs and shiz, you'd proably already know this.)

No.png

CLICK THE IMAGE TO GO TRY SHARK ATTACK DANGIT.

Well, if we are counting the GTA4 era then the top is Vice City>VCS>SA>TBOGT>4>TLAD>3>LCS

Yeah. Thought I might chuck it in there. :mrgreen:

#rpgformod

1. Goldeneye

2. Morrowind

3. Battlefield series (just put the series since all the games are equally good)

4. Pokemon Gold

5. Uncharted 2

1. Any Monster Hunter game. Give me a Monster Hunter game, and I wont be seen for days.

2. Super Mario 64. Hate to be cliche, but it is one of my favorites.

3. Morrowind, although ES5 could replace this. Maybe.

4. Got to go with Pokemon. Either of the second generation games works.

5. Goldeneye

2Xeo5.png

1. Any Monster Hunter game. Give me a Monster Hunter game, and I wont be seen for days.

2. Super Mario 64. Hate to be cliche, but it is one of my favorites.

3. Morrowind, although ES5 could replace this. Maybe.

4. Got to go with Pokemon. Either of the second generation games works.

5. Goldeneye

Why does everyone seem to like Morrowind more than Oblivion?

mbqyk3.gif