Picking up greens and golds

Aneron

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It takes less then half a second to pick up a charm. This is almost like the people who go on about not picking up coins because it "takes too long". I seriously can't believe people are that damn lazy/impatient.

At any rate, I totally await the day Jagex comes out with some summoning update that uses gold/green charms en masse.

You should try slaying with rapier/overload/turmoil, surely that will show how long picking up stuff takes(while you 2 hit everything).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I'm 99 summoning and I don't pick up any charms anymore, seeing as it's cheaper to buy the pouches you need rather then making them.

Same, don't care about summoning xp anyway.

2dvjurb.png

I tend to pick up all charms, only occasion I can't is when I'm doing a slayer task that is in a multi-combat zone,( like fire giants, blood velds, nechs, dags, etc. ).

From the Double exp weekend, i got 99 summoning, using all my blue/crimson, I ended with 13.8M Exp. I had 98 Slayer then, now i have 99 with almost 14.5M Exp, and here is my charm pile....

charmsat145mslayer.png

With these i can always go for ranks.

xSoulgazer

Elysian Sigil ---- 11/24/10 ---- 550M

I pick 'em all up too - anything else would just be a waste and a sign of arrogance: "Oh look, I'm high Summoning, I don't need the gold and green charms cause they don't give enough exp."

i know that 89-99 slayer got me 1-92 summoning and half of that was b4 they added charms to abbies......

i picked up and used all b4 99 summoning now i only pick up crimsons and blues...probably not gunna train summoning tho just collect them if no invent ill drop crims =p

gold charms are a pain to use but they are very cheap exp

greencharms are useless they were always a pain to use and expensive

i leave those on ground 90% of the time because if i train summon after 99 i want it too be fast not slow.

StarViv.png

I'm level 68 summoning and only pick up green/crimson/blues. I don't even knoooooow what to do with these.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

I pick up all charms provided I have space. This doesn't mean I use the golds/greens, but I am anticipating a posible update of a new familar that greens may be worthwhile for. :thumbup:

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

99 summon, only pick up blue most tasks, and crims on tasks which drop a lot such as abbies. Most of the time I make pouches now its if they aren't buying right away on the GE, or I need scrolls, mainly steel titans.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I pick them all up. Should i ever need another space I'll only drop Golds usually. I only do so really because for some reason I've confidence in Jagex that one day there will be a use for ridiculous amounts of golds and greens. :unsure:

I've got 97 summon or so banked at the moment, but no cash for shards or seconds. I still pick up every charm though because if they ever come out with a summoners guild i get the feeling that they will add another use for charms. Maby even using them as currency since they are so coin like anyway.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

I'll always pick up charms with two exceptions:

1 - the charm is so far it'd waste a lot of time to pick it up

2 - I'm on a task that requires an annoying amount of attention or input; eg. cannoning mutated bloodveld with a titan

If either of those is the case I avoid golds/greens.

I pick 'em all up too - anything else would just be a waste and a sign of arrogance: "Oh look, I'm high Summoning, I don't need the gold and green charms cause they don't give enough exp."

Arrogance is bliss.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

99 summon, only pick blue/crims, not worth the time lost tbh.

You don't lose any time picking up charms.

And even if you did the XP you gain is definitely worth the time spent.

Xp gain past 99? Don't see why you would care about that unless you're maxed or something.

I find the amount of 99 summoners that still pick up all charms surprisingly large, I did that for a few days after 99 but then I was like nah it's pretty useless anyway, can't be bothered to do it anymore.

2dvjurb.png

Xp gain past 99? Don't see why you would care about that unless you're maxed or something.

I find the amount of 99 summoners that still pick up all charms surprisingly large, I did that for a few days after 99 but then I was like nah it's pretty useless anyway, can't be bothered to do it anymore.

Well yeah, there's no point in training past 99 unless you're maxed. There's also no point in wasting summoning XP you can gain after you're maxed.

Obviously if you don't care about XP past 99 at all there's no point in picking them up at all, but if you DO care about XP past 99 all charms are worth picking up.

I pick them all up on slayer tasks, usually gauges how many kills I have left.

S_I_G.jpg

Those with a little bit of knowledge are more dangerous than those with none.

Summoning is still one of the easier skills to get impressively ranked in, which is why I currently pick everything up. No lies I haven't actually used any greens or golds in a very long time though. They make a nice collection in the meantime.

Many people with 99 summoning are also maxed combat, so if you're training at all, you probably do care somewhat about xp after 99, or you were lazy and didn't max slayer early enough. :P

My reasoning in picking up every charm is that I value summoning experience, and it really can be done with minimal time wastage. Kill something, attack the next, after each attack move a few steps towards the drop and you'll have it in no time. It's a bit tedious, but since RS is tedious it doesn't strike me as too unreasonable.

Summoning is still one of the easier skills to get impressively ranked in, which is why I currently pick everything up. No lies I haven't actually used any greens or golds in a very long time though. They make a nice collection in the meantime.

Many people with 99 summoning are also maxed combat, so if you're training at all, you probably do care somewhat about xp after 99, or you were lazy and didn't max slayer early enough. :P

My reasoning in picking up every charm is that I value summoning experience, and it really can be done with minimal time wastage. Kill something, attack the next, after each attack move a few steps towards the drop and you'll have it in no time. It's a bit tedious, but since RS is tedious it doesn't strike me as too unreasonable.

Exactly how I see it. I was quite surprised to see I was rank 590 summoning, when I used all my charms at the xp weekend (went from lvl 98 to 99 and up, 15.1M xp)