Picking up greens and golds

Aneron

99 summon, only pick blue/crims, not worth the time lost tbh.

You don't lose any time picking up charms.

And even if you did the XP you gain is definitely worth the time spent.

Xp gain past 99? Don't see why you would care about that unless you're maxed or something.

I find the amount of 99 summoners that still pick up all charms surprisingly large, I did that for a few days after 99 but then I was like nah it's pretty useless anyway, can't be bothered to do it anymore.

Summoning is still one of the easier skills to get impressively ranked in, which is why I currently pick everything up. No lies I haven't actually used any greens or golds in a very long time though. They make a nice collection in the meantime.

Many people with 99 summoning are also maxed combat, so if you're training at all, you probably do care somewhat about xp after 99, or you were lazy and didn't max slayer early enough. :P

My reasoning in picking up every charm is that I value summoning experience, and it really can be done with minimal time wastage. Kill something, attack the next, after each attack move a few steps towards the drop and you'll have it in no time. It's a bit tedious, but since RS is tedious it doesn't strike me as too unreasonable.

Exactly how I see it. I was quite surprised to see I was rank 590 summoning, when I used all my charms at the xp weekend (went from lvl 98 to 99 and up, 15.1M xp)

That's how I see it too. At the start of the year, I was rank 246 with 16.4m exp. Now I'm rank 566 with 16.5m exp. I do like to see my rank go up, but not at the expense of skills I don't have 99 in. Which is why I trained Herblore, Smithing, and Crafting for bonus exp weekend.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic