Future Update Thread

Maxingmck

I havent seen a thread so far speculating on future updates content so I decided to create one seeing as twitter is just guessing the update and not predicting what it will be. Feel free to speculate what will be contained in a confirmed update here.

Confirmed update list:

Smithing Update

Dungeoneering Behind the Release - Dungeoneering Batch 2

Trio Knights

Part 5 Myreque

Wise Old Man

Dragon Items

Dwarf Quests

Goldflipper

Mahjarrat Ritual

Graphics

Achievement Diaries

Construction

Possibilities:

Mep3

Feel free to add more

IMO I think that smithing update will release untradeable armor for 90+ like extreme potions sending the market in a skyrocket to get these new armors because extreme pots was a highly appreciated update.

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

The two dungeoneering updates are the same, and I'm pretty sure that last elf quest where you go inside that crystal thing or w/e WAS Mep3? And when did Jagex mention dragon items in the near future?

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Future_updates sourced and referenced for all your future updates needs :D

this is a good replacement for the twitter hints thread though, if it goes into regular use.

The wiki mentions a "item of accomplishment" instead of skillcapes F2P. Is there any more information about this?

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

The two dungeoneering updates are the same

Actually....

These updates are in addition to the new floors, challenge rooms and bosses that well be adding to Daemonheim as part of Dungeoneering batch 2, and are likely to be added to the game before batch 2 comes out.

I'm most excited about the upcoming engine updates (Bloom + Real Time Shadows + Water Reflections + Skyboxes) and the Smithing Rework myself.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

And when did Jagex mention dragon items in the near future?

Jagex said that we will be getting a Dragon Crossbow and a Dragon Warhammer. The Crossbow won't be out until the Combat Triangle is fixed. Not sure when the Warhammer will be out.

Check here.

Link0000109.png

Going for:

85 Mining

50 Dungeoneering

60 Runecrafting

99 Firemaking achieved 24th June 2010!

The two dungeoneering updates are the same, and I'm pretty sure that last elf quest where you go inside that crystal thing or w/e WAS Mep3? And when did Jagex mention dragon items in the near future?

1. they are not the same, they could be released on separate dates

2. im 100% sure within the light wasn't me3

3. when i wouldnt know, but its been said in quite a few Q&A's

Lord_Beloved.png

I thought it'd be kinda cool if they incorporated the smithing update into dungeoneering. Promethium and gorgonite ore could be bought from Marmaros and used to enhance runite and adamant armor (respectively).

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I thought it'd be kinda cool if they incorporated the smithing update into dungeoneering. Promethium and gorgonite ore could be bought from Marmaros and used to enhance runite and adamant armor (respectively).

I'd like to see them update other forgotten skills like they did with herblore.

Mainly: smithing, crafting, thieving, farming, hunter, fletching, well every useless/mostly useless skill

Mainly: smithing, crafting, thieving, farming, hunter, fletching, well every useless/mostly useless skill

Yeah, but Dungeoneering is the only skill that has the potential to also supply the updates needed for all of the other skills.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Oh and JaGeX announced a farming update

When was this? Do you have a QFC?

Last time I heard Jagex talk about a high level farming update, their comments were along the lines of:

"We don't want to just release new high level seeds because that would nuke the price of current seeds.

But we haven't thought of enough better ideas yet"

Naaxi.png

In a Q&A I saw that someone asked if an update to farming over 80 was coming because the skill was bare and they said in the future.

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

I'm most excited about the upcoming engine updates (Bloom + Real Time Shadows + Water Reflections + Skyboxes) and the Smithing Rework myself.

We're getting skyboxes?

Nice, i've been wanting those since ever!

But that's not really important, skill updates on the other hand are (if the skill is in dire need of an update otherwise it's stupid)

I've been waiting for the smithing rework since ever too hence i'm not training my smithing now or it'd be 80+ already by now but i think Jagex will make it twice as easy to level, thus if i spend 20m to level right now and next month they rework it... that could mean 10m down the drain.

It's not the 10m i'm worried about but the time i spend wasting that 10M.

So i'll just wait and level other skils first, Smithing isn't very rewarding anyway unlike most other skills.

"Rewarding" as in giving anything other than pure exp, that could be money, more power, bigger inventories etc... Smithing gives nothing besides experience.

jupjup.png[~Visit my Slayer Blog~]jup.png

rvedit2.png

Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.~unknown~

1. they are not the same, they could be released on separate dates

2. im 100% sure within the light wasn't me3

3. when i wouldnt know, but its been said in quite a few Q&A's

ME3 is just a codename for a sequel to ME2. It was renamed to "Within the Light".

The next elf quest is probably getting a unique name too. Remember that ME1 and 2 were basically one quest split into two quests.

I heard Jagex were looking at consoles, but after some research and some development of my own , I don;t see it happening with Runescape.

The control mechanism will not work with the functionality of the XBOX360. Jagex would have to move Runescape to a WSAD movement and a target/select system before this would work. Why? Runescape is a clicking game. To move, attack, equip items, etc, you have to click on an item. Moving the joystick of the XBOX360 controller to do all of this would get annoying, and it wouldn't be feasible with PVP or boss hunting. Doing this with the XBOX360 controller would end up triggering the bot detection system as well.

It would be the same way for the Wii and the PS3.

Maybe Jagex will find a way to get their current system to work with the consoles, but as of now I don't think it will work.

sigcp.png

65,280 to 99 fletching on 3-14-09

40,405 to 99 woodcutting on 10-17-2009

I heard Jagex were looking at consoles, but after some research and some development of my own , I don;t see it happening with Runescape.

The control mechanism will not work with the functionality of the XBOX360. Jagex would have to move Runescape to a WSAD movement and a target/select system before this would work. Why? Runescape is a clicking game. To move, attack, equip items, etc, you have to click on an item. Moving the joystick of the XBOX360 controller to do all of this would get annoying, and it wouldn't be feasible with PVP or boss hunting. Doing this with the XBOX360 controller would end up triggering the bot detection system as well.

Maybe Jagex will find a way to get their current system to work with the consoles, but as of now I don't think it will work.

XBOX 360's have USB drives

they could always just make you hook up a USB keyboard and mouse, regardless of how silly that sounds :P

Naaxi.png

The lack of Runescape on consoles has nothing to do with control scheme, its about licensing issues. Watch the Mark Gerhard Q&A video on the Runescape YouTube channel. ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

CONSTRUCTION. While I wouldn't say crafting, or thieving is forgotten (simply my opinion) yeah a lot of skills I guess they forgot they had.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

• 2 weeks later...