Too low level; your opinion.

Briann

I would like to see different peoples perspective about problem that obviously has been going around since clans began. In your opinion, I would like to know if a low level, (preferably level 90 - 115) is too low cmb to lead/tank in a clan war. I myself am level 100 combat, and every war I go to atleast one person tells me: "Your too low level to lead a team." , "You can't lead, look at your combat" , "You can't tank look at your combat." , "You can't tank with 80 defence and 50 prayer."

I have about had it with everyone's smart remarks about it, and I'm sure with low level leads behind me, they have about had it, too. I, and low level leaders/tankers with me, get flamed almost all the time because of our combat level. I hate it when people look at your combat and determine if you are an experienced clan mate of the clan world or not. As the old saying goes, "Don't judge a book by it's cover." Some people haven't RECOGNIZED that phrase. I've had to go by that phrase in RS for so long now, and because of people ridiculing my cmb, I don't know if I should go in the clan world anymore, until I reach the expected combat level people want to see.

So, with that aside I want to know what you think.

Can a low level lead / tank ?

phimproved.png

Well, you can be a good tank if your

low-lvled, but only a fraction of how good you can be.

If your not 99 defence, hp, prayer, and mage (I'm not positive if that affects your chances of being binded or not),

then your not the best you can be.

Edit: I'd also would really like to point out that I was low lvled for

the longest time, so I know where your coming from. I was the lowest lvl in Tk

for about a year, and only trained when Tk's cmb req went up.

I thought the same things you did, until I finally had enough.

I was lvl 105 when, at the start of this year, I finally decided to train consistently.

I am 122 atm, and I honestly can tank much much better, along with getting more kills

and stuff too. I havent changed much in my ability to tank, and my reaction time and

all that hasn't changed. But since Iv'e raised my defence from 85-97, I have been k0ed much less often and have been able to tank longer.

Well, you can be a good tank if your low lvled, but not as good as you could be if you were high lvled.

If your not 99 defence, hp, prayer, and mage (I'm not positive if that affects your chances of being binded or not),

then your only a fraction of how good of a tank you can be.

But does 99 defence have to matter if you are confident you can tank?

phimproved.png

Well, you can be a good tank if your low lvled, but not as good as you could be if you were high lvled.

then your only a fraction of how good of a tank you can be.

But does 99 defence have to matter if you are confident you can tank?

You will be hit more often, causing you to die faster. Not

to mention your chances of getting k0ed is greater.

Nobody is immune to that chance either, as we all get k0ed

at some point.

99 Hitpoints helps reduce your chance of overeating, and also

reduces your chance getting k0ed along with you defence.

99 Prayer obviously allows your prayer to last longer, but does not affect your chances

of getting k0ed.

99 Magic may decrease your chances of being binded, but I havent tested that theory

or have had anyone confirm.

I tanked and led for years when I was in the level 80's and 90's. Even now, I'm only 89 magic and 66 prayer. Your combat level only garners presumption, but what you do in a war makes impression.

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

lol, perhaps i can find some vids of me leading when i was 85cb.

You can lead at any lvl, but it doesn't necessarily make you an effective fall in, having the stats allows you to survive longer which in turn gives you more opportunities to lead.

t98jd1.jpg

I know a few low levels who are good tanks (I'm talking 110ish combat) and they cope in the wars we have. Having said that, they are still low leveled.

It doesn't matter if you know everything about tanking because levels will always hold you back. Your prayer won't last as long, you'll be bit that extra bit harder and more constantly, less binds will splash and you don't have as much HP to tank through. At the end of the day, if your low level and your taking FIs, everyone on the opposition can take a click on you and you would be a gift of a pile providing that clan is even slightly competent itself.

As for the leading aspect, if your low leveled not only are you a fantastic enemy pile but snipers will love you as well so you'll always be under pressure especially when calling new piles. You'll be bound easily when going for a new pile etc and because you are low leveled your probably gonna get piled first so all that fantastic leading ability you have is wasted because the opposition is now piling you.

So you can be the best tank or the best leader in any clan there is but if you are a low combat level, you'll never be as good as someone of similar ability who is 126.

smallerawesomesig.png

EU Leader | | CE Retired Admin | | TKO Retired Member | | SE Retired Member

It's preferable that someone is a higher combat level when leading since they are less likely to be piled. However, we won't judge someone by their combat level but by the quality of their calling. If they are enthusiastic and a great caller, we will let them lead as a ~115 rather than a worse caller who is maxed out. Nevertheless, if someone is enthusiastic about being a caller and their clan, they are normally willing to gain extra combat levels in order to prove their dedication and commitment.

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

All I have to say is Zq50.

But I agree with salty on the point that if you are a good tank, getting 99 def/mage/hp or maybe even prayer makes you even better.

lightningcopy.png

well levels may do alot of difference at 95-99 and well if your -115 you can still tank and lead..its just a matter to watch out since you might be first pile.

Levels dont do much especially if a 120+ gets 1 banged but it makes a slight difference on the chance of getting 1 banged with a higher defence,pray and hp levels

cafq0zh5.gifElite Member of Ascension | hrkot2.gifSenior Member of Silent Ember | 3145bsw.jpgOld School of TPR

unled2hm.png

There's no reason for you to not be AT LEAST 110 combat, take Ralph for an example, was lvl 50 and now he's lvl 120. He barely plays and got some good work in this past year.

With PC / Soul wars powerful weps etc. it makes having higher combat easyyyyyyyyyyy.

Like others have said, sure you may be good caller etc great tank but in the end of the day you could be better, and if you refuse to train you're only holding yourself and your clan back.

Also, any good tank in CWA can lead regardless of lvl (Like low for CWA clans I guess 90-109?) BUT if you were in pvp I'd have to saw having a low lvl fall in will be a joke, you'll get piled so much and end up not leading, and no offense the clans that are in pvp are generally a lot harder to tank due to more opts / better organization. Plus when you take fall ins some clans have good snipers camping fall in leaders and it annoys you a lot, walking say spiders to mg with 2-3 snipers on a low lvl...GF Prayer or hp or food.

TL;DR

Train your combat.

6590ew.jpg

Thats a very broad question. Of course they can lead and tank against smaller clans in CWA, but when you get out into PvP against the top 20 you don't really stand a chance.

crsigl.png

§ Crimson Raiders Veteran | skull_crossbones.gif Ex Downfall Warlord | bcouncil.gif Ex Team Vendetta Council

Having a low level restricts your ability to tank, this is a fact. A max combat players will take more punishment than a lower level tank. However combat means absolutely very little if you do not know how to tank. The knowledge is a very important aspect of tanking as well. A player need both of those to succeed, of course you CAN tank if you know how to, but you will never be as good as the tanks who knows what they are doing and have max def/prayer/magic. It is just statistics.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Ive seen some low level taanks better then lvl 123's

like zq50 . hes a low level but he tanks better then some of the 120+

|PRIDE|DEDICATION|HONOR|

|PRIDE|PASSION|BELIEF|

:::Violent Resolution:::

If you dont like my posts , Deal with it

Lol Eos , Keep begging :D http://imgur.com/gsvgD.png

100712171821.png

It's really not hard to train up.

Genesis Leader

Ending Templar & Trial Caller of The Rising

Ex-Leader of Silent Ember - Ex-Leader of True Ownage - Ex-Leader of Legendz

Former Tip.It Clan Community Leader

Hi. Its not hard to tank and lead. High levels just cry about ko power. I am indeed in the process of 120 cb though.

sebesttank.jpg

Solace Member

Silent Ember Warlord

Tko Blitz Trial Member

Condemned Army Member

Whenever I'm around, I would be the lowest level in TKO Blitz main pile. I have a reputation for being a low level but I try to pay it back using my 99 range and through tanking. Most TKO wars allow range so I am able to contribute to my clan not just by tanking, but by my hits through my range level.

One of the main reasons why I'm so low leveled is because I'm pure f2p and I've spent the last 6-7 months training mage, range, and mining. I also have been experiencing irl difficulties. I'm already used to receiving messages such as "train up" or "get p2p". I'm honestly happy that I got 99 range cause during melee/binds/range or all style wars, I feel like I'm a level 126 fighting as a level 114. Just because I'm not gaining any CB levels doesn't mean I'm not training up. I am training, it's just that it doesn't get my combat up. During the summer, I will give my hardest yet to train up.

Whenever I'm criticized as a low level, I just think to myself that, just because you're a level 126 doesn't mean you contribute the most during wars. You might not realize it, but being a low level also gives you advantages. You will usually be underestimated by other people, which is a good thing. When an enemy underestimates you, they won't give their 110%. That is what I like the most about being a low level.

kuru72siggy3.png

Retired on: June 30, 2010

It depends. I saw this level 107 tanking it up pretty well. It's just that the majority if low levels tend to not be able to tank or do anything as well as a higher level, which is pretty much given because having a higher level implies you have more experience. Note, I said majority.

Also, low levels tend to stand out. If you don't want to be piled a lot, get a high combat level.

j0xPu5R.png

Anyone can tank. Easy.

Sure low levels can lead and tank, but they should still be required to train up.

I think most "low levels" these days are 90+ defence range and magic. They contribute in terms of range damage or tanking for a long time. But they can never contribute as much as they can if they were level 120+.

I've led on my main level 110 for a lot of times, and then I've tried it on my 125, the difference was amazing. Simply put, I can lead without pressure, I can last a lot longer, and I can contribute quite a bit more.

But I still enjoy being low level, I don't have to train. And I think a lot of low levels enjoy being the early pile and really giving their team/clan a great chance at winning by tanking it.

It's really not hard to train up.

It is when you are F2P and trying to make decent money on top of it.

Flesh crawlers / spider afk able for like 10-15mins, merchant / flip while you train. Or just make money an alternative way after training as trying to make cash while training generally slows you down unless you're p2p.

6590ew.jpg

Can a low level lead / tank ?

Lead? Yes.

Tank? Yes... but some tanking skills would be nice.

Just do your best.

High level help you stay alive longer though. And like the 4th post said.

Soft clay making and 26k trick, that's what I did when I was pure F2P last time.

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~