Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Luck Streaks

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

rpd
[ Display Name History ]

rpd

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 8 posts
Mine would have to be the most insane 10 barrows runs i've ever done. Run #1 started off with a Guthan Body. Run #4 was a Dharoks Helmet (worth about 9.5m), Run #7 was a Torag Helm and a tooth half key, Run #9 was a Torag Body, and Run #10 was another Dharok Helmet. So i'm thinking im the luckiest player ever on runescape. I come back to reality for a little bit as I go on a 30 or so dry spell at barrows. I snapped that streak in style though with another Dharok Helmet.

I'm on about a 15 dry spell run now though.

svs
[ Display Name History ]

svs

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 395 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:svstoned

I personally get average drop rates for everything, never really lucky never unlucky. At least with slayer, don't really monster hunt much.

If you are speaking the truth you are the only person i've seen so far that has this, and i've been around for a long long time scouting many forums and getting to know many people.

Either one has terrible luck (in other words, unlucky) (E.g. never gets anything)
Or one has no luck (E.g. you get the average)
Or one has extreme luck (E.g. gets something every task)

I had yet to meet a person that actually gets the average, in other words a person that has regular luck or just no luck, depends how you see it.
Before i found the Blue Phat in the party room (funny long story short; i made one click and d/c, when i came back i saw something blue on the floor, perhaps it was an afro? Are there any blue afros? Hmm might be a party hat... better pick it up, i hover my mouse over it and my heart nearly pounds out of my chest.)
I had terrible luck i was actually having quite the opposite of luck, never got anything at all (besides getting 4 dmeds from 4 KBD kills back when a med was 3.2m exactly as much as a redphat, oh boy did i make money there.... for once)
But ever since i had that blue phat drop i sold it bought the best melee and range sets out there (99 magic...so...) and got anything else i wanted, spend around 250M.
A month later i made that 250M back by slaying.
And my luck hasn't changed yet, i get something every task... jup i'm one of those players now... (hopefully this didn't jinx anything)
So basically i made more money in that one month than i did in 7 years playing RS.
Mind i played up to 4 hours a day average now i play up to 1 hour a day average.
I might have made 50M in my total RS carreer purely from loot from monsters.
Now i make up to 50M a week from loot from monsters.

I went from getting absolutly nothing jack shizzle to getting awesome items every task, to me it still looks unreal because i'm not entirely used to it yet.
I have heard from very smart individuals (whom i know irl, profs at certain collegas/unis) they showed me trough a bunch of odds calculations (didn't get any of that) that if you got better gear, meaning you kill monsters faster they'd drop better loot.
It would make no sense but the RS loot system calculates loots this way.

Perhaps one could try it, it works for me.
If you get regular gear and you're doing tasks the regular way invest in a few prayer pots (bout 50 should suffiice and it won't kill you buying 50 pray pots)
Then piety trough the tasks you'd normally just do with a whip and some rune armor, you'd kill the monsters faster and if you get better loot it's not coincidence.
And also do not make the mistake and think that when you got better gear you kill more monsters/hour and get more loot because you killed more than you normally could /hour.
No, my point is that killing something faster will give you better loot (not more loot, just better loot)

I know it's hard to actually take my word on this as it's just a bunch of nonsense to you people but you should rezally try it and maybe talk to some very intellectual person who can calculate odds i'm sure you know someone, he will confirm this theory but it's up to you to proof wether the theory is a fact or not.

Posted Image[~Visit my Slayer Blog~]Posted Image

Posted Image
Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.~unknown~

Sevestia
[ Display Name History ]

Sevestia

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 414 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Sevestia
  • RSN2:Kasari
  • RSN '07:Sevestia
  • Clan:Libra
I'm one of those who has insane luck for a while, then I end up having dry streaks again. I had three pairs of claws in 28 TDs kills, then my drop rate sorta stayed average for a while and after that, it took 696 solos and several hundred duo kills for my next pair. It's the same with slayer too.

K112
[ Display Name History ]

K112

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 658 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:K112
I'm one of those people who doesn't have much luck, both outside the game and in.

As far as i'm aware, i'm about 72 barrows chests dry, with the item before that being a coif, 271 rex kills without even a warrior ring, 400 TD kills without a drop (excluding the one from the quest). The only dragon items i've gotten is a chainskirt from a Steel, and a DDS as a coinshare in Zammy GWD.
No major GWD drops other than 2 Spears and that DDS..

I've had drops before, so I do have some luck, but my dry streaks are often massive.
Posted Image

Bows
[ Display Name History ]

Bows

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 3,352 posts

A few days ago my luck kicked in. Got a Dragon Skirt drop, then a Visage later in the task.
I did a clue afterwards and was rewarded with 1,6m in stuff.
The next day I got my first Dark Bow on task and a G Maul as well.

Im not expecting to get anything special for a while now though. :P

Yeah Den, you're done for the next 2 years.

Triquos
[ Display Name History ]

Triquos

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,606 posts
I'm superstitious when it comes to luck. I hop worlds when I feel I'm not going to get a good drop. Most of the time it works, but I get tired to hopping. So I usually stick to one world. My best luck streak would be 2 whips within 65 kills apart. My worst would be 1.8k+ kills for 1 whip. Once I was on an abyssal demon task and when I got a whip I hopped worlds in hopes of a 2nd, and sure enough I got a second. So I hopped worlds again and got my 3rd. 3 whips in 1 task, all when I changed worlds after I got them. Sometimes I'm really lucky when I change worlds.

But most of the time it's just superstition for me, and I have the sort of "gotta be there at the right time, killing the right monster and be on the right world, for that particular drop" attitude. There are also people that just have all the luck -_-

I reckon the slayer skill should come out with a uber item that gives a higher chance of a great drop. After all the skill is mastering the art of slaying creatures which hold great riches i.e. dark bow, whip, staff of light. It should give you more luck =D but it doesn't -_-
Posted Image

Wantmyar
[ Display Name History ]

Wantmyar

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • RSN:Wantmyar 69
I have terrible luck everywhere with drops.
except slayer. :mellow:

C(21)H(30)O(2)

blackeagle4
[ Display Name History ]

blackeagle4

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • RSN:Black Eagle4

I'm superstitious when it comes to luck. I hop worlds when I feel I'm not going to get a good drop. Most of the time it works, but I get tired to hopping. So I usually stick to one world. My best luck streak would be 2 whips within 65 kills apart. My worst would be 1.8k+ kills for 1 whip. Once I was on an abyssal demon task and when I got a whip I hopped worlds in hopes of a 2nd, and sure enough I got a second. So I hopped worlds again and got my 3rd. 3 whips in 1 task, all when I changed worlds after I got them. Sometimes I'm really lucky when I change worlds.

But most of the time it's just superstition for me, and I have the sort of "gotta be there at the right time, killing the right monster and be on the right world, for that particular drop" attitude. There are also people that just have all the luck -_-

I reckon the slayer skill should come out with a uber item that gives a higher chance of a great drop. After all the skill is mastering the art of slaying creatures which hold great riches i.e. dark bow, whip, staff of light. It should give you more luck =D but it doesn't -_-

I'm pretty sure i read somewhere that slayer DOES increase your chance of rare drops? Possibly the KB article on slayer..
Posted Image

Mas17
[ Display Name History ]

Mas17

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 16 posts
The only place I have average luck is Corp and Barrows.

Never had a luck streak.

1.2k Bandos dry (no major items, maybe like 1-2 shards)

1k Tormented Demons dry since my last claw drop.

Yeah.

stonewall337
[ Display Name History ]

stonewall337

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,681 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Stonewall337
  • Clan:<Killing Time> of Dawnbringer
8 SOLS in 8 tasks, but took 6 tasks for that first one, and last four tasks have been dry so meh.

Stonewall337.png

Drops

TheFifaScaper
[ Display Name History ]

TheFifaScaper

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • RSN:SB
  • RSN '07:SB
  • Clan:Winterfall
Lol I just got a whip drop by looking at this thread/playing.

I've been dry for like 4 tasks :D

Chelsea FC #1

Join My Clan:

QFC: 290-291-830-65346534

Youtube Channel

Viv
[ Display Name History ]

Viv

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,804 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
lucky with whips not so lucky with sols anymore =p

im questioning if the rreally have the same drop rate.

IHasChicken
[ Display Name History ]

IHasChicken

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 568 posts
  • RSN:IHasChicken
  • RSN2:IHazChicken
I am probably the biggest example of this.

A month ago, I was getting drops galore. My treasure trail rewards were fantastic, I had had 10 whips in 7 tasks (including 4 in one task), got 3 d bows in one task, and managed to snag at least 3 d boots for 5 spirit mage tasks consecutively, not to mention good luck with focus sights/hexcrests.

Then I hit 93 slayer...

Now I am 5 ice stryke and 5 abby demon tasks dry, I havent had a spirit mage task in forever, and all I've had is an endless stream of metal dragon tasks getting infuritating drops like dragonstones and 100 noted silver ores with not even a d skirt for my troubles.

Karma sucks.

I've also been a good 6-7 years without one of the "big 3" ultra rare drops (shield left half, visage, and a champ scroll,) until i FINALLY got an abby spec scroll a couple of days ago.

Then again, my first TD's kill was claws :)
Posted Image

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

siim
[ Display Name History ]

siim

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 870 posts
Soloed 5 hilts at armadyl and well over 20 skirts/plates/helms combined
Soloed 10 bandos drops
Soloed 3 sara hilts + 7 ss
Well over 1B in drops at DK's
Not too many claws, I think like 3
Had countless left halves/d meds etc and 2 visages.

Never even seen a sigil in over 4k logged corp kills.

wat?

Matt_Marche
[ Display Name History ]

Matt_Marche

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 175 posts
  • RSN:Matt Marche
  • RSN2:Ismibeg
  • Clan:DGS, THH
Check my alog, I got 2 visages today.
Posted Image

Sephy_
[ Display Name History ]

Sephy_

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • RSN:Sephy

Check my alog, I got 2 visages today.

That's pretty insane, how many dragons you killed in total? o_O

I've never had a luck streak now that I think about it. (Well I've been lucky with semi-rare things like handcannons which once I got 9 in just half an hour) It's always been one lucky event and then nothing for a while, or a completely dry streak (like I'm having now, few weeks of gwd, td's, barrows c dwarfs etc. and nothing.)

The Runar
[ Display Name History ]

The Runar

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,343 posts
  • RSN:The Runar
  • RSN '07:Old Runar
I'm quite unlucky too, at least with monsters. Not a single dragon drop in almost four years of being a member.

Also I killed hundreds of cave horrors without a single mask and then I got three in about 100 kills. But they don't sell anymore, and I have no need for three black masks :(

I'm lucky with TT's though, I quite often get 250k+ from level 3s and rarely under 100k :)

Quyneax
[ Display Name History ]

Quyneax

Aes Sedai

• Members
  • 11,297 posts
  • RSN:Mierin
I once got 2 effigies from td's, one on my first kill ever and the second one two kills after. Not sure how lucky that is but the prayer xp is worth a ton.
Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions
99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)
99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)
99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)
99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)
99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)
Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring
Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace
30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Sir_Squab
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Squab

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,903 posts
  • RSN:Sir Squab
I find my luck is decent....you know, MY theory on luck is you get better stuff if you stop logging everything you kill. I've gotten 2 claw drops, from anywhere between like 50-200 TD's. I've gotten too many barrow drops to count over a period of a couple years....I've gotten a Zammy HIlt split or two...nothing else anywhere else in GW, but then...never gone to arma gw, gone to Sara GW a few times, nothing special, and Bandos GW even less - that place is too damned crowded. Never seen any good drop at corp, but I've been there less then 5 times.

The only "rare" drops I haven't gotten are champions scrolls, d chain/visage, and just drops from monsters that I haven't killed, or killed too few times to expect a drop. (Whips, SoLs, Dark Bows, gw except for Zammy GW, Corp...)

If I have any theory towards luck, it's to not try very hard. It seems to work better when you casually kill stuff.

Oh, and the best I've gotten from a TT is a saradomin plate I think, but I rarely do TT's.

And as of lately, I haven't even been killing things that have drops - just dunge for me.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Parkzer
[ Display Name History ]

Parkzer

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 148 posts
  • RSN:Parkzer
I'm probably the most unlucky person alive. I usually don't even get enough Dragon drops from Steel Dragons to even break even taking into account the cost of potions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users