Luck Streaks

blackeagle4

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am probably the biggest example of this.

A month ago, I was getting drops galore. My treasure trail rewards were fantastic, I had had 10 whips in 7 tasks (including 4 in one task), got 3 d bows in one task, and managed to snag at least 3 d boots for 5 spirit mage tasks consecutively, not to mention good luck with focus sights/hexcrests.

Then I hit 93 slayer...

Now I am 5 ice stryke and 5 abby demon tasks dry, I havent had a spirit mage task in forever, and all I've had is an endless stream of metal dragon tasks getting infuritating drops like dragonstones and 100 noted silver ores with not even a d skirt for my troubles.

Karma sucks.

I've also been a good 6-7 years without one of the "big 3" ultra rare drops (shield left half, visage, and a champ scroll,) until i FINALLY got an abby spec scroll a couple of days ago.

Then again, my first TD's kill was claws :)

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

Soloed 5 hilts at armadyl and well over 20 skirts/plates/helms combined

Soloed 10 bandos drops

Soloed 3 sara hilts + 7 ss

Well over 1B in drops at DK's

Not too many claws, I think like 3

Had countless left halves/d meds etc and 2 visages.

Never even seen a sigil in over 4k logged corp kills.

wat?

• 3 weeks later...

Check my alog, I got 2 visages today.

That's pretty insane, how many dragons you killed in total? o_O

I've never had a luck streak now that I think about it. (Well I've been lucky with semi-rare things like handcannons which once I got 9 in just half an hour) It's always been one lucky event and then nothing for a while, or a completely dry streak (like I'm having now, few weeks of gwd, td's, barrows c dwarfs etc. and nothing.)

Sephy.png

I'm quite unlucky too, at least with monsters. Not a single dragon drop in almost four years of being a member.

Also I killed hundreds of cave horrors without a single mask and then I got three in about 100 kills. But they don't sell anymore, and I have no need for three black masks :(

I'm lucky with TT's though, I quite often get 250k+ from level 3s and rarely under 100k :)

I once got 2 effigies from td's, one on my first kill ever and the second one two kills after. Not sure how lucky that is but the prayer xp is worth a ton.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I find my luck is decent....you know, MY theory on luck is you get better stuff if you stop logging everything you kill. I've gotten 2 claw drops, from anywhere between like 50-200 TD's. I've gotten too many barrow drops to count over a period of a couple years....I've gotten a Zammy HIlt split or two...nothing else anywhere else in GW, but then...never gone to arma gw, gone to Sara GW a few times, nothing special, and Bandos GW even less - that place is too damned crowded. Never seen any good drop at corp, but I've been there less then 5 times.

The only "rare" drops I haven't gotten are champions scrolls, d chain/visage, and just drops from monsters that I haven't killed, or killed too few times to expect a drop. (Whips, SoLs, Dark Bows, gw except for Zammy GW, Corp...)

If I have any theory towards luck, it's to not try very hard. It seems to work better when you casually kill stuff.

Oh, and the best I've gotten from a TT is a saradomin plate I think, but I rarely do TT's.

And as of lately, I haven't even been killing things that have drops - just dunge for me.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

It's not very good but...while I was killing green dragons for money I got a clue scroll on my 10th kill ish and did that got zammy page 1 for 500K then went back to green dragons and half an hour later got another clue scroll and got a guthix page

And that's all the luck I've had, especially now i'm f2p again

O_o top of a new page, my lucks started ^^

Edited by Springyguy
springy_guy.png

• 2 weeks later...

I think the best for me was when I was first starting out and decided to take on different dragons. The first few dragons that I went to all dropped clue scrolls which gave me the weapons and armor that I still ahve today. That was the best lucky streak that I ever had. I wish that I could get that luck back,lol.

Man, where to start. My best drop EVER was a couple of months ago, an obby shield, 146k at the time. Up until then, my combat runescape career was one big dry streak. Then, while training for 60 def on pyrefiends I stumbled upon a lvl 2 clue. I had to do plague city and biohazard for it, but guess what it was? Rangers.

Bionic_Yoshi.png

TT rewards: 2 ranger boots, Zamorak page 1 (2x), Guthix page 1, Ancient page 2

You must construct additional oak larders doors... I mean pylons

Barrows: 10. Total value~22.3 mil. Ahrim Robeskirt is currently the item I have received the most.

This was my oddest piece of luck (Very lucky in the end i guess)

Was duo'ing TD;s with a RL mate for about 7 hours solid one day, and 6 the next day, with not even a D plate piece drop.

The day after, he resigns from TD's thinking they are a complete waste of time, so I head back solo. About 3 kills into solo, I get D claws and my mate is kicking himself over it :D

As far as drops go, the last good one I got was a Dragon Chain from Dust Devils.

:)

Although....December last year I got a Disk of Returning from a party in the Falador Party Room :-o

Along with my Fishing money and my Woodcutting money (also completely liquifying my bank), I was able to get myslef a Red Party Hat :thumbsup:

| November 2009: Fishing Skillcape Achived |

| January 2010: Red Partyhat Obtained |

| March 2010: Woodcutting Skillcape Achived |

| August 2010: Fletching Skillcape Achived |

• 5 weeks later...

I'm 800 tds kills dry of even a plate piece, 100 barrow chests dry, I actually get a dragon skirt almost every trip to metals, but I think that's Jagex's way of saying too bad we don't want you to be happy, heres a consolation prize, [wagon].

For me, I had a Steel dragon task and I ended up getting a dragonstone, which like a visage, is extremely rare. Do some other slayer tasks then get another Steel dragon and got a visage. Two extremely rare drops from a Steel dragon from two different tasks. Felt good, man.

1265936691788-1.jpg