15 June 2010 - Ancient effigies

Andy

I got 2 effigies from dark beasts about 3 kills from each other.

It was nice :D

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever the droprate at corp is, it will not be a good place to specifically get them as you can only manage a few kills in the time you would kill hundreds of semi-high level monsters, just like you wouldn't go kill kree arra for left halves. I finally managed to get another effigie, 2 of them inside 900k slayer xp now, but i've most likely just gotten very unlucky(looking at how many some other people have managed to get). As a modest guess, i'd say that armored zombies/black demons/dark beasts/abyssal demons could be the best monsters to specifically camp for effigies.

yay somoene who earned his, i hate guys who get pure luck, some guys have 11+ right now

ive done over 400k slayer xp and 0 effigys, at least i know you did 450k each for yours so that means i could still get some

my friend is luckiest ever, he logs in for first time in 3 days today, within 2 minuts he begins runecrafting at zmi

he keeps rcing and teles, begins to run the path his 2nd run and sees an effigy on the ground, his abby titan killed a warrior and he got an effigy in 2 mins of runecrafting

i just think its wrong how i spend 20 hours slayer and get 0, while some people spend 2 minutes RUNECRAFTING and get one

a_final_name.png

Whatever the droprate at corp is, it will not be a good place to specifically get them as you can only manage a few kills in the time you would kill hundreds of semi-high level monsters, just like you wouldn't go kill kree arra for left halves. I finally managed to get another effigie, 2 of them inside 900k slayer xp now, but i've most likely just gotten very unlucky(looking at how many some other people have managed to get). As a modest guess, i'd say that armored zombies/black demons/dark beasts/abyssal demons could be the best monsters to specifically camp for effigies.

yay somoene who earned his, i hate guys who get pure luck, some guys have 11+ right now

ive done over 400k slayer xp and 0 effigys, at least i know you did 450k each for yours so that means i could still get some

my friend is luckiest ever, he logs in for first time in 3 days today, within 2 minuts he begins runecrafting at zmi

he keeps rcing and teles, begins to run the path his 2nd run and sees an effigy on the ground, his abby titan killed a warrior and he got an effigy in 2 mins of runecrafting

i just think its wrong how i spend 20 hours slayer and get 0, while some people spend 2 minutes RUNECRAFTING and get one

It isn't wrong, it's luck. If you hate luck so much then you're playing the wrong game.

wl7w9j.png

It isn't wrong, it's luck. If you hate luck so much then you're playing the wrong game.

combat involves luck, which i have none of but i accept because combat is luck

skills are skill, nothing more, skills should not involve bad luck everyone needs an even playing field on gaining this new xp rather than some hogging dozens and some grinding in vain

a_final_name.png

The xp limit for assisting annoys me.

There are 3 people at the ge asking for help with these and since I helped a friend earlier with one, I can only help one of them.

Was even willing to do it without getting exp, but nooo that doesnt work either. :P

There are 3 people at the ge asking for help with these and since I helped a friend earlier with one, I can only help one of them.

Was even willing to do it without getting exp, but nooo that doesnt work either. :P

Yea, the max you can assist per day is 2 people :sad:

But I think assisting w/o getting the exp kinda defeats the point of effigys, they're not there to give out free 30k exp lamps, but instead to reward people with high yet balanced skills. If everyone could just assist, it wouldn't mean anything. But that's just my thoughts :^_^:

Staurolite.png

For how small an update is, and I do mean small not in terms of ramifications, but in terms of work going into it, I have to say I don't think they thought it out very well.

On another note, I'm bored, so to Den, just gonna say I'd totally hit that. :thumbsup:

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.