Greatest invention of all time.

Albel

I do not think think there is a thread like this. I looked 5 pages back and did not see one. If there is one that I missed, please lock this thread as you see fit.

At work me and a friend was talking about what is the greatest invention of all time. We named off a few things. Electricity, steel, internet, ect....

Then my co worker goes one step further and says. "Yeah well the invention of the condom was the best invention for me."

I stood there, though about it, and agreed with him. We then started to name off inventions that was the greatest for us. Not mankind in general.

So what is the greatest invention for you? It can be anything. to the computer you are using right now to read this thread, to the air conditioner keeping you cool during the hot summer days.

As for me, the greatest invention of all time is music. All forums of music is just awesome. My entire life revolves around music in one way or another.

Maybe not the most creative one ever, but whatever :grin:

So get creative and think... what is the best thing ever invented for you?

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me it is the amp in which i plug my electric guitar into. Without which I would be stuck playing it with no amp and i wouldn't be able to rig my room to make loud sounds when people enter it.

ps. by the way you have a awesome sig.

Edited by friedtomato7

friedtomato7.png "Zamorak pjed Zaros. He would have won 1v1.

" The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity. But not in that order-BrianPickrell

"In science one tries to tell people, in such a way as to be understood by everyone, something that now one ever knew before. But in poetry, its the exact opposite."

Paul Dirac, 1902-1984

Probably anti-biotics and suchlike. If it weren't for modern prescription medicine, I'd have probably died a few times over.

I'd have to agree.

Birth Control

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Birth Control

and the morning after pill

World of Warcraft and computers in general are probably the best invention.

I am not a huge fan of modern medicine. It is prolonging peoples lives which is ONE reason why there are so many damn people.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Birth Control

Same.

I'd be SOOOO screwed right now without it.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I'd say video games and their various consoles. Without those, I don't know what I would do.

But Legos have to be the best invention ever.

Those rank right up there. They gave me hours upon hours of entertainment when I was a kid... and even up to the last few years.

As for medications and the like... I have yet to take any meds in my life.

fridge and microwave!

An optimist will tell you the glass is half-full; the pessimist, half-empty; and the engineer will tell you the glass is twice the size it needs to be.

Birth Control

Same.

I'd be SOOOO screwed right now without it.

Shh!

AHEM. I've decided to add electricity, glasses, and vaccines on my top inventions list. Not #1, but high up there.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Glasses which help me see. Now if only I had the awareness to make use of them...

You can start fires using the lenses :ugeek:

One of the greatest inventions is the use and generation of electricity. Electricity keeps our food usable for extended periods of time, it prolongs life, it provides entertainment, etc. Think of all of the items you use daily and what would you do if there was no electricity.

sigcp.png

65,280 to 99 fletching on 3-14-09

40,405 to 99 woodcutting on 10-17-2009