Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

High level [bleep]S thinking they're entitled to stealing worlds

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

20Rice04
[ Display Name History ]

20Rice04

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 503 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:20 Rhys 04
and I quote:

Get over it.

Look guys... I absolutely must be a mass baby-seal murderer!

Gandalf14141
[ Display Name History ]

Gandalf14141

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,171 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Gandalf14141
  • RSN2:Eragon14141

I'm a weak noob.

Decided to fix the statement for you :thumbsup:
Normally, I wouldn't be like this, but seeing as how you just complain about it instead of manning up and just switching worlds shows a little bit about your character. It takes less than a minute to switch a world. It's not that big of a deal. If you would have switched you would have gotten more kills. If I was killing them too, and I saw a level 95 I would take the spot as well. Nonetheless, I would have a cannon, so overall you'd be screwed.

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.

Signature

grammar2gr8dx.png

Unhesitating
[ Display Name History ]

Unhesitating

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 264 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Unhesitating
Get over it and get some levels?
Posted Image

Cheefoo
[ Display Name History ]

Cheefoo

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,811 posts
  • RSN:Cheefoo
  • Clan:HYT

So I'm at the kalphites for my slayer assignment. Not the queen, not the soldiers or guardians, the workers.

The workers, the level 28s that are barely populated on ANY world.

So I kill a few and get some drops, picking up stuff, whatever.

Then a cb 122 comes in and just starts killing the MONSTER I'M ATTACKING. There are at least 5 more all around me, but he attacks THE ONE I'M ATTACKING.

So we kill it. I attack another and guess what? Same thing.
*politely* ask him to hop, as I was here first and most worlds are unpopulated. And he just says no u.

Posted Image

So I ask again, politely, and he says no, to which I respond get the [bleep] out you [bleep]ing [bleep].

I was aggravated, and he proceeded to provoke me after.

Eventually I had to just hop since he was stealing all the kills. This type of player makes me SO BLEEPING MAD. (gtfo censors)

They can just HOP, in 30 seconds, to a new unpopulated world which means better xp for both players. If this was green dragons, I can see that. All worlds are populated and a few players will have to duke it out for the good cash. But KALPHITE WORKERS?!

High level players seem to think they're entitled to everything and lower levels are not. I vow never to be like that, and I hope the few of us decent people left can stop this disease from causing frustration and anger 24/7 in RS.

Sorry, but you're just as able to switch worlds as they are. If they're "barely populated on ANY world" you can easy find another one withing 60 seconds. Sorry, but higher levels did work for their levels, and there's nothing you can do to prevent them from doing this besides politely asking, or leaving yourself.

P.S. You should post pictures of yourself on this thread.
Posted Image
I LOVE MY STATION

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101
00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Tim
[ Display Name History ]

Tim

Eternal Session of Sound

• Members
  • 8,848 posts
  • RSN '07:Derplander
I wouldn't blame him for his higher level, but more of his sheer arrogance and he just happened to be 122 Combat.

Popoto.~<3

quelmotz
[ Display Name History ]

quelmotz

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,659 posts
  • RSN:Quelmotz
  • RSN2:Nil

Bullying SHOULD be nonexistant in real life, and cyberbullying shouldn't even be thought of. With bullying, you either beat the [cabbage] out of the bully, or if you can't, you mentally wear him down, or just tell a goddamn teacher. With cyberbullying, it's like O NOES I R NOT LIEKD BY POEPL ONLIENZ I KEEL MYSLEF. And if it's people you know, you BLOCK THEM. It's really not that hard.

Are you really THAT outdated? If you can beat the [cabbage] out of a bully, he wouldn't even be bullying you in the first place. Mentally wear him down? Yes - and he'll physically TEAR you down. Telling a teacher isn't always possible, e.g. neighbourhood bullies. Also, what do you expect the teacher to do? Post a personal bodyguard next to you?

To above, you mean you clicked at pixels on a screen a few hours longer, which gives you the right to "bully" people out of a spot?

What has Runescape come to.

What? I thought you said you could just "block" out cyberbullies?

Since you seem to trivialise gaming, then why play games yourself? It's no great achievement anyway - that's what you're telling me. If you claim to be playing it for fun, then why the hell get so worked up over such a minor issue?

Nomrombom
[ Display Name History ]

Nomrombom

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,736 posts
  • RSN:Nomrombom
Note the quotation marks around bully.

AND OH MY GOD THE US JUST TIED. GOD DAMN IT.

Anyway, just because they have higher levels doesn't mean they have the right to barge into someone else's training.

And by them doing that, they make the game less fun for both me and them as I'm stealing some of their kills, they're stealing mine, and we're both insulting each other.

And sure, I could hop too, but the point is I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO. That's the job of the person who got there late.
PM me for fitocracy invite

Saru Inc
[ Display Name History ]

Saru Inc

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,463 posts
  • RSN:Saru Inc
  • RSN2:Saruman44
  • RSN '07:Thengel55
  • Clan:SODB
Well I think that is true on the basis of first come first serve. I think what people are saying is that simply doesn't apply to spots. MOD MMG (I believe it was him) stated it himself.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Ralph
[ Display Name History ]

Ralph

Clan Official

• Clan Official
  • 643 posts
  • RSN:xPyrox
  • Clan:Downfall/Nexus

Well I think that is true on the basis of first come first serve. I think what people are saying is that simply doesn't apply to spots. MOD MMG (I believe it was him) stated it himself.

Wrong. The basis is higher levels are honestly entitled to more. They worked harder. The fact is, what's the point in getting better armour, better weapons, better overall gear, better food, and all that good stuff, if you can just use like Rune and Dragon scim to kill stuff? The point of higher-tier gear IS to be able to deal more damage and therefore beat people out of your spot/their spot.

I have lived my life to the best of my ability, but I have not been able to escape fate, anger, or pain.
Bring me the answers, and the road that leads to truth, reveal to me once and for all, how all of this will end.

Shadows cannot exist without the light. But without the shadows, the light has no meaning.

[Downfall Forums][Downfall YouTube]
Posted Image

Nomrombom
[ Display Name History ]

Nomrombom

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,736 posts

Wrong. The basis is higher levels are honestly entitled to more. They worked harder. The fact is, what's the point in getting better armour, better weapons, better overall gear, better food, and all that good stuff, if you can just use like Rune and Dragon scim to kill stuff? The point of higher-tier gear IS to be able to deal more damage and therefore beat people out of your spot/their spot.

No, they are not. They DID NOT "work harder" than I or anyone else did. Maybe they've been playing for 10 years and have combat 115. Maybe I've been playing 2 years and have higher total level and combat 95. They didn't work harder, they simply played longer.

Saru Inc
[ Display Name History ]

Saru Inc

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,463 posts
  • RSN:Saru Inc
  • RSN2:Saruman44
  • RSN '07:Thengel55

No, they are not. They DID NOT "work harder" than I or anyone else did. Maybe they've been playing for 10 years and have combat 115. Maybe I've been playing 2 years and have higher total level and combat 95. They didn't work harder, they simply played longer.

Thats the same thing. There is nothing mentally, or physically challenging about getting a 99. IT JUST TAKES TIME. So your argument is irrelevant if you are saying they've only played more. If anything that just means they deserve the spot even more, they spent more of their life on them.

Pyrox I agree with you, chill. I am simply stating (I might have gotten two topics confused) what I thought other people thought of high level spot stealing.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

K4ylan
[ Display Name History ]

K4ylan

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,924 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Harpy Priest
  • Clan:Harpies
Saru was right about MMG saying that high levels are entitled to kick you out (someone had the quote in their sig at some point)

Bladewing
[ Display Name History ]

Bladewing

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,072 posts
  • RSN:Stringcheze
Quote ran along the lines of "Get bigger [than them], or get out."

Again, you don't own the spot just as much as the 122 or whatever doesn't own the spot. If you can't compete hop to an open world (which at kalphites I GUARANTEE there is an open world). 40 seconds boohoo, you're obviously willing to spend 40 seconds to write the OP, so you can afford to hop.

Skully
[ Display Name History ]

Skully

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,935 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Skully SC

So I ask again, politely, and he says no, to which I respond get the [bleep] out you [bleep]ing [bleep].

Oh, so swearing at him will make him move? Oh really.
He's higher level, he doesn't care if you're there, to him, you're insignificant, you don't affect him, he's better than you.
Go to another world.

Lmfao.

*Whine*

P.S. You should post pictures of yourself on this thread.

Lmfao.

Get the [bleep] out of my thread.

You are very entertaining, please get crashed more often and make more of these topics because I find you highly amusing.

This is correct, get good or get out.

Posted Image

Nomrombom
[ Display Name History ]

Nomrombom

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,736 posts
i care what you said, plawks post moar

Bouwzie
[ Display Name History ]

Bouwzie

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,934 posts
  • RSN:Bouwzie
Well then Sir, I think you are using the Feyenoord image in an extremely disrespectful way. I demand that you apologise.

2j3qh46.jpg

Obtaurian
[ Display Name History ]

Obtaurian

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,853 posts
  • RSN:Obtaurian
  • Clan:Dungeonsweepers (DGS)

Was at spiritual mages, doing a task(136 myself).A 117 logs in(can't call him "noob" can we) and starts going after my mages.I finished the mage I was dealing with then just rested.As soon as he attacked a mage I 2 hit his mage.After he got about~1 mage in 10 tries he hopped.You tell me, what was he trying to do?I find these people more annoying rather than the other way around. You won't get special treatment because you're lower leveled.When you'll be higher leveled you'll do the same like that person you described.Make a rant when you steal other people's kills.

This. When you're 130+ combat and you see a spot with a level 90 and you want that spot, you will take it. Don't kid yourself. The benefit of being a high level player is that you can take most spots if you want to.

Posted Image

To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Grim_
[ Display Name History ]

Grim_

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,512 posts
  • RSN:Duke Grim IV
If I may I will post my views on this topic. First off; I don't crash at least for the moment (I couldn't care less about a difference of a couple k profit/xp per hour currently). That being said I don't crash simply because it is part of my relatively loose code rather than any real hatred of crashers. As I see the topic it mainly lies on a couple of lower levels irritated that they do not get to keep their finders rights when someone else who can hold and keep the spot decides to come in and take it from them. This is complemented by the fact that in certain places (like mage dks if you are using the right gear) the lower levels can actually beat the higher leveled crasher off their spot. So in short; if you don't like being crashed gain a few levels (and ask nicely if they will hop [it tends to work better than outright flaming]) and stop complaining.
Posted Image

Nomrombom
[ Display Name History ]

Nomrombom

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,736 posts

If I may I will post my views on this topic. First off; I don't crash at least for the moment (I couldn't care less about a difference of a couple k profit/xp per hour currently). That being said I don't crash simply because it is part of my relatively loose code rather than any real hatred of crashers. As I see the topic it mainly lies on a couple of lower levels irritated that they do not get to keep their finders rights when someone else who can hold and keep the spot decides to come in and take it from them. This is complemented by the fact that in certain places (like mage dks if you are using the right gear) the lower levels can actually beat the higher leveled crasher off their spot. So in short; if you don't like being crashed gain a few levels (and ask nicely if they will hop [it tends to work better than outright flaming]) and stop complaining.

Mmm. I see.

First post that was critical that actually made sense to me <3:

Unhesitating
[ Display Name History ]

Unhesitating

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 264 posts
  • RSN:Unhesitating
Anyone notice that almost all this kid does is make threads on the rant forum? trololo.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users