High level [bleep]S thinking they're entitled to stealing worlds

Nomrombom

People who don't believe in competition should just stick to single player console games. Runescape is clearly not working out for you.

Runescape in and of itself is not a competition. Why else would there be Pking, Clan Wars, Castle Wars, or Fight Pits? Those are competitive, but Runescape is not necessarily. One could go their entire Runescape career with all forms of communication off as well.

Now, I can understand at Green drags, or in Taverley Dungeon, or at rock crabs. But at Kalphite workers?

In RS, people are supposed to get along - not steal each others spot.

PM me for fitocracy invite

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I notice a lot of people who responded in this post about how they take over spots often go overboard on the number of times it takes to find a free world. For most slayer tasks I think the most I've ever hopped was 3 or 4 times. Oh no!

34zljex.png

Huzzah.png

It is reasonable to hop for a slayer task. I'm not going to hop for a bandos world if there's a level 100 without turmoil or claws in there. It is damn near impossible to find an empty non-ls world, and empty ls worlds are impossible to find.

Runescape in and of itself is not a competition.

Wrong. Everything in Runescape is based on competition in some way.

Why else would there be Pking, Clan Wars, Castle Wars, or Fight Pits?

PVP. :rolleyes:

One could go their entire Runescape career with all forms of communication off as well.

I don't see how this is relevant at all. If you choose to ignore the competitive and social aspect of Runescape, it's your problem. I choose to utilize the trade system, the GE, and my superior levels to gain an advantage over other players.

In RS, people are supposed to get along - not steal each others spot.

Wait, what? Is this an official rule that I overlooked, or is it wishful thinking?

Once again, I'm not going to waste my time looking at the login screen if I can just take your spot from you. Don't like it? Sucks bro.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

If you are killing ghouls with no one else there, is it a competition? Is killing Blue Dragons for money in the Ogre Enclave a competition? How can it be? There's no one to compete against.

I'm not getting where you're coming from.

Hey guys, there are some good debates going on in this topic, I wouldn't want to lock it because some people haven't followed the rules. I have removed the few posts that went completely off-topic. Feel free to continue this discussion :wink:

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

If you are killing ghouls with no one else there, is it a competition? Is killing Blue Dragons for money in the Ogre Enclave a competition? How can it be? There's no one to compete against.

When someone else comes along and tries to steal your spot, you can bet your ass that theres competition.

O.O

When someone else comes along and tries to steal your spot, you can bet your ass that theres competition.

dgs5.jpg

And when that doesn't happen?

What about if you're mining alone?

Or cutting your own trees?

Or farming?

Or gathering music?

Or farming?

Or gathering music?

Then good for you! You dont have to complain about spot stealers anymore right?

Some parts of the game arent competitive, and thats fine.

No need to make the whole game non competitive, Infact, dont i recall you saying the game was catering to much for noobs? Don't you think removing spot stealing would also make it to easy? Or does your whole stance change now that youve gotten your spot stolen by a higher level?

O.O

Or farming?

Or gathering music?

It's your lucky day, obviously. That wasn't even a rebuttal. :rolleyes:

dgs5.jpg

Morningrise..... what?

I'm not rebutting anything, and all I'm saying is that I don't think RS is always competitive if you think about it....

I don't remember saying the game catered too much to noobs.

Morningrise..... what?

I'm not rebutting anything, and all I'm saying is that I don't think RS is always competitive if you think about it....

You're right, it's not always directly competitive. I'm glad you agree that it is competitive, though.

dgs5.jpg

Of course.... When you have to compete for a spot, obviously that's competitive, PVP, racing to goals, mining ores with other people etc.

Just saying that a lot of Runescape isn't competitive at all, contrary to popular belief.

Of course.... When you have to compete for a spot, obviously that's competitive, PVP, racing to goals, mining ores with other people etc.

Just saying that a lot of Runescape isn't competitive at all, contrary to popular belief.

Wrong. Very few aspects of Runescape are unrelated to competition in some way. Instanced areas and quests all eventually end or culminate in some advantage over another player. Court Cases are the only thing I can think of that offer no advantage over another player, but even then you have to compete with other players to get the summons.

dgs5.jpg

Wrong. Very few aspects of Runescape are unrelated to competition in some way. Instanced areas and quests all eventually end or culminate in some advantage over another player. Court Cases are the only thing I can think of that offer no advantage over another player, but even then you have to compete with other players to get the summons.

But many things aren't competition in themselves, right? Like questing?

Sure, if you use them [quests] correctly they can give an advantage over another player [like ancients], but if you train solo and never PVP or do PVP minigames, how would they be considered competitively helpful?

Yes, alot of runescape isnt competitive, but a great deal of it is, and im afraid you have to deal with it. If you want no competitive, play a single player game. I know thats what i do when im sick of people steaing spots.

-Half the skills are competitive, or directly related to competitive skills

-Most popular minigames are competitive

-PVP is competitive

-Boss hunting is competitive

-Monster hunting is competitive

Really? You dont remember saying the game catered too much to noobs?

But in all seriousness, Jagex babies its players more than any game I've ever seen. Including CoD 4 and and MW2.

You think that?

Jagex is like a damn overprotective mother who listens to the younger child when they say *older sibling* did such and such!!!mommy!!!!!11!1!!!

Rant done.

Isnt this somewhat like a lower level (Younger child), who whines about the higher level (Older sibling) stealing there spot?

O.O

But many things aren't competition in themselves, right? Like questing?

Sure, if you use them [quests] correctly they can give an advantage over another player [like ancients], but if you train solo and never PVP or do PVP minigames, how would they be considered competitively helpful?

That's like saying that a car is just a big hunk of metal as long as you ignore all that complicated stuff. :rolleyes: Very few players are DIYers, and even they have to compete for training spots and resources. You have absolutely no argument anymore. You're just saying stuff hoping that it sounds enlightened and intelligent.

It doesn't.

dgs5.jpg

Just half kill them let him pick up the trash and swoop back in for the drop after you half kill another one.

When I hate the people around me I do this to them so they hop.

It works wonders at the dark beasts in kuradels place. :thumbsup:

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol