8 Things Gay People Can't Do

Romy

There are plenty of other things besides those 8 that homosexuals have no right to. who cares.

I think everything anti-gay is a load of [cabbage]. If people want to be gay, let them be!

you're right. but lets face it, not gonna happen.

Ummm who cares? 10-30% of humanity cares. (plus the 30% or so of gay supporting heterosexual people)

Am I the only one here who thinks homophobia is tantamount to xenophobia and racism?

Sorry, I don't mean to start a flame war, but homophobic people are depressing.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think everything anti-gay is a load of [cabbage]. If people want to be gay, let them be!

Okay, let's say God dissapproves (that's what the catholic people say, right? People), people being gay is not right. God also has this divine plan and has everything worked out, into the smallest details. God also designed man. Now, if he would not approve of gay people, how is it possible they exist? Wouldn't God have prevented their coming out?

Yeah, I just can't stand anti-gay people.

This argument is inherently flawed. Why would anything bad exist if God didn't approve of it? The whole point of our existence is that we have free will, and are free to do what we want.

But going back to the original point, I agree all of them are unfair, except for the church issue. I'm on the fence with the adoption thing as well.

Yes, I agree. As far as I know (what I've been told) the catholics don't approve because God does not approve. I also agree the whole point of our existence is our free will, so you'd think catholics would think that too, and therefore accept gay people.

qnn23r.jpg

angel2w.gifmaursangeli.gifCredits to Littleboy for the signature.

Okay, let's say God dissapproves (that's what the catholic people say, right? People), people being gay is not right. God also has this divine plan and has everything worked out, into the smallest details. God also designed man. Now, if he would not approve of gay people, how is it possible they exist? Wouldn't God have prevented their coming out?

Yeah, I just can't stand anti-gay people.

This argument is inherently flawed. Why would anything bad exist if God didn't approve of it? The whole point of our existence is that we have free will, and are free to do what we want.

But going back to the original point, I agree all of them are unfair, except for the church issue. I'm on the fence with the adoption thing as well.

Yes, I agree. As far as I know (what I've been told) the catholics don't approve because God does not approve. I also agree the whole point of our existence is our free will, so you'd think catholics would think that too, and therefore accept gay people.

A lot more than the simply the catholic church disapproves, however the Catholic church is a media magnet. So they get all the attention.

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

I thought of that part after I posted.

No matter who it is, there is no valid reason to be homophobic. Nothing different about them, other than their sexual preference.

And yes Saruman, you are right. It is a lot like xenophobia and racism.

qnn23r.jpg

angel2w.gifmaursangeli.gifCredits to Littleboy for the signature.

all of you blaming the catholic church needs to read up and stop spreading your own ignorance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_affiliations_of_United_States_Presidents#List_of_Presidential_religious_affiliations_.28by_President.29

not to mention that protestantism is by far more popular in the US than Catholicism

all catholics are christians, but not all christians are catholics

No matter who it is, there is no valid reason to be homophobic. Nothing different about them, other than their sexual preference.

Yes, you have free will, which means you are free to do something seen as wrong.

I personally see homosexuality as something that's against the laws of nature and therefore wrong. It doesn't make me hate gay people, it doesn't make me scared of them, it doesn't make me think they should be maligned by society, but I still don't believe what they do is right.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

People are unacceptign idiots, saru, if they werent joking I would seriosly take a screenshot of that and put it as your sig.

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

Honestly baffles me why any of those are on the list. Besides sexual preference - what makes them any different than anyone else...?

Scientifically proven we have better fashion sense. <3 EVOLUTIONARY SUPERIORITY!

/sarcasm

Yes, you have free will, which means you are free to do something seen as wrong.

I personally see homosexuality as something that's against the laws of nature and therefore wrong. It doesn't make me hate gay people, it doesn't make me scared of them, it doesn't make me think they should be maligned by society, but I still don't believe what they do is right.

That is based on the fact that what we are is a choice. Now, I don't blame you for thinking that way, since I guess that was the way you were brought up. However, it's wrong. Don't take my word for it though. But go get to know gay people, visit their community, maybe 1% of gays are a choice (I heard a story of someone who went gay as a choice, because they thought it'd make them more popular. Yikes. I could never imagine going straight. Hehe.)

But also, why won't you take our word for it? That infers that you think we have malicious intentions, either that or we don't know what we are talking about. WHILE I DO NOT WANT TO START A FLAME WAR (am not trying to) that seriously bugs me. Seriously.

I'm O-, have had 3 surgeries myself where I was in need of blood. My blood type is rare, I can only get from other O-'s, so donation is important to me. Very.

Not allowing healthy people to donate based on their sexual orientation is asinine. They screen and test everyone before sending their blood off for transfusions and such, don't they? Seems like an archaic rule left over from a time of panic and misinformation.

Everything else I really don't have enough knowledge to discuss. I hold my faith in different ways than most Christians, but I don't believe it's fair that people in power can cling desperately to archaic schools of thought and force it into law, making life hell for others.

hzvjpwS.gif

Heh, a lot on the left beside me disagree with the blood donation ban, but I'm supportive of it. That said, I think the stigmatizing effect of the policy justifies an immediate change that is streamlined according to the panel's recommendations, namely that a policy be implemented that focuses more on individual behavior than what demographic you belong to. The panel voted against "immediate" changes in that policy even though they recommended what seems to be a more sensible alternative.

Also a good read is this:

http://sap.mit.edu/content/pdf/heterosexual_privilege.pdf

Why do you agree on the ban?

And yea that .pdf is pretty spot on. (Heck when I put my proud to be gay thing in the middle of my sig people accused me of pushing my gayness onto them on the forums. *sigh*)

Well, it's just what the scientific research says. I am NOT in favor of the status quo, as I said, I think they can streamline the policy according to focus on individuals rather than the demographics. So I do favor changes, but I don't favor on outright elimination of it.

They screen and test everyone before sending their blood off for transfusions and such, don't they?

They test a sample of every pint of blood donated, yes. The argument that the accuracy of testing today makes this irrelevant is tough, because yes, testing is very accurate, but in the small percentage of false negatives (which do happen), the presence of higher risk translates to higher risk of a false negative leading to transmission via blood supply. One could say do more testing, redundant testing to make sure...well, okay but that is expensive.

It's a statistical decision, its not bigotry. Yeah it sucks but the numbers obviously still justify it. The statistics aren't fair or unfair, they just are.

It's a statistical decision, its not bigotry. Yeah it sucks but the numbers obviously still justify it. The statistics aren't fair or unfair, they just are.

Surely someone such as yourself knows that while statistics are just, without biased, that they are used to justify bigoted means.

This isn't like traveling to a third world country and being temporarily disallowed to donate. It's permanent so long as you call yourself gay because your partner, who might be your only partner, completely healthy, isn't your gender's opposite.

I'm sure they're still working on refining the testing process, but it isn't happening fast enough. And they shouldn't be allowed to get away with it in the meantime. Does the end justify the means? To me it doesn't.

hzvjpwS.gif

Tbh 2 guys could get married because they both have good jobs and can stand each other doesnt mean they have to have *** with each other.

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

Surely someone such as yourself knows that while statistics are just, without biased, that they are used to justify bigoted means.

This isn't like traveling to a third world country and being temporarily disallowed to donate. It's permanent so long as you call yourself gay because your partner, who might be your only partner, completely healthy, isn't your gender's opposite.

I'm sure they're still working on refining the testing process, but it isn't happening fast enough. And they shouldn't be allowed to get away with it in the meantime. Does the end justify the means? To me it doesn't.

Oh yes, I certainly am aware of that. Like when people say that "Of course homosexuality is harmful? AIDS!!!" is obviously just some person scapegoating statistics to line up behind their bigotry. It's asserting their own conclusion and finding numbers to justify it. That's the opposite of science and research. It doesn't apply to lesbians, but gay or bisexual men.

You say it's not like traveling to a developing country, when statistically, it is more or less the same. Piercings and tattoos get you deferred for a year. IV drug users are also banned. Not because people with tattoos or piercings all have AIDS or because blood banks hate those damn punk kids, it's just because they are a higher risk.

In the US, straight people do not share the same risk as gay men. In other countries, that's not necessarily the case, but in the US it is.

In the end, though, I do not support the policy as it currently stands. It can and should be changed in some way based on new research.

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/surveillance/basic.htm

That is based on the fact that what we are is a choice. Now, I don't blame you for thinking that way, since I guess that was the way you were brought up. However, it's wrong. Don't take my word for it though. But go get to know gay people, visit their community, maybe 1% of gays are a choice (I heard a story of someone who went gay as a choice, because they thought it'd make them more popular. Yikes. I could never imagine going straight. Hehe.)

But also, why won't you take our word for it? That infers that you think we have malicious intentions, either that or we don't know what we are talking about. WHILE I DO NOT WANT TO START A FLAME WAR (am not trying to) that seriously bugs me. Seriously.

I do take your word for it. I firmly believe that homosexuality, like any other trait, is a product of nurture rather than nature. If your upbringing leads you to be attracted to men, so be it. It doesn't mean I need to view it as something that's acceptable or I believe to be right. As I've said before, we all have a choice, to act or not to act on our feelings.

You may attempt to prove to me that homosexuality is a product of nature, that it is something present in our genes. If this is the case, I will wait for scientists to isolate it but I have some interesting thoughts on the issue.

Have you ever been around people with serious mental disabilities? (I don't know what the politically correct term is, but I mean people with down syndrome, autism, etc) I've had some experience with them. Something I find interesting is the absolute lack of societal influence on their behavior.

My girlfriend's cousin is autistic. He's in his mid teens, going through puberty. He will stare down the shirt of any woman he sees and flirt with every single one of them. I've heard stories how, if the teachers of his program leave the room, sometimes they will come back to these kids having sex. Why? Because it's natural, and they have no awareness of any of the restrain imposed by society.

I've never heard of a homosexual mentally disabled person. Never. I won't be as bold to say it's impossible, but I've never heard of it. If homosexuality was hard coded in our genes, you would think that would manifest itself in these people as well. I've never seen it, and that's interesting to me.

This is just my theory, from what I've seen, and of course I've only seen a small number of people and I'm no doctor...but the point remains.

polvCwJ.gif

This thread is gonna end up exactly like the thread on cochlear implants. A bunch of people who have no understanding of a culture make misinformed decisions based solely on propaganda that has been spread from biased sources.

Gay people are the same as straight people except they choose a partner of the same sex instead of opposite sex. WTF is the big deal? How does their decision affect you at all? Why shouldn't they be able to live the exact same life as a straight person except for the fact that they go home and have gay relations?

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Tbh 2 guys could get married because they both have good jobs and can stand each other doesnt mean they have to have *** with each other.

Do you know what happens on Marriage night, after the reception, little boy?

I think a similar way to you. I prefer there be no homosexuality like I would prefer there be no crippled or mentally ill people (by genes) just like I would prefer people don't waste so much energy on games or eat very little Argentine food (by choice).

But, they're here. So whether by personal choice or being born with it, we have to accept this little difference. Knowing which differences are acceptable and which are not makes one be open-minded. Not accept all differences or reject them all. It depends on the severity and the impact of the differences and homosexuality is such a small difference it shouldn't be rejected.

What you prefer is a similar story. You can prefer whatever you want, but knowing which differences are worthy to change is the more important value here.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I've never heard of a homosexual mentally disabled person. Never. I won't be as bold to say it's impossible, but I've never heard of it. If homosexuality was hard coded in our genes, you would think that would manifest itself in these people as well. I've never seen it, and that's interesting to me.

This is just my theory, from what I've seen, and of course I've only seen a small number of people and I'm no doctor...but the point remains.

Think about that statistically. Also remember that there are several kinds of Autism and varying degrees of it, the autistic boy my sister babysits now and then is really shy.

Also I'll be honest, I never saw you to be the religious type y_guy.

Why should gays be able to adopt?

Why should gays not be aloud to adopt? What's wrong with it?

Allowed*

I think Shadow was being sarcastic; he hates religion and is from Canada, after all.

In case anyone's interested, though:

Study: Children of Lesbians May Do Better Than Their Peers

The authors found that children raised by lesbian mothers — whether the mother was partnered or single — scored very similarly to children raised by heterosexual parents on measures of development and social behavior. These findings were expected, the authors said; however, they were surprised to discover that children in lesbian homes scored higher than kids in straight families on some psychological measures of self-esteem and confidence, did better academically and were less likely to have behavioral problems, such as rule-breaking and aggression.

Ah. a thread about the views and rights of others:

A usually religious movement or point of view characterized by a return to fundamental principles, by rigid adherence to those principles, and often by intolerance of other views and opposition to secularism.

can you guess what word that defines? This "discussion" isn't worth having due to the nature of people who hold those views: they cannot be discussed with, as the views are "indisputable".

Think about that statistically. Also remember that there are several kinds of Autism and varying degrees of it, the autistic boy my sister babysits now and then is really shy.

Also I'll be honest, I never saw you to be the religious type y_guy.

I'm not a practicing catholic to be honest, but I was raised so :P

And yes, I realize it's no study...just from what I've observed. The degree's of the disease I think are relevant are the ones that lead to complete disregard for societal norms, which are the more extreme cases.

polvCwJ.gif