Is it unhealthy

Poopingman

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Twilight will heavily disagree with you. icon_e_geek.gif

Yeah, well if you happen to look like any of the male characters from that movie, you will be swimming in 14 year old girls.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Yeah, well if you happen to look like any of the male characters from that movie, you will be swimming in 14 year old girls.

CharlieSwan.jpg

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Poopingman, you'll have to describe where you go out and what you do. If you're going to bars/clubs, you will not meet any girls if you play the nice guy card. No girl wants to have a conversation with a nice guy who pulls her to the side and just wants to talk and make a friend for the night that might eventually lead its way to something bigger. Girls want excitement, a challenge. You can still be nice, but you have to be fun. You have to flirt and tease. No girl is ATTRACTED to 'niceness.' They say they are but they are lying to themselves trying to appear less shallow. If you want to meet girls going out to parties/clubs/bars, you have to be somewhat loud, approach them confidently, and be funny. They can tell when you think they're out of your league so keep the mindset that you have just as much, if not more value than them.

The second point is that you have to exemplify value to a girl. It can be through success, money, power, intelligence, or humor. But being nice is not a quality that exemplifies value. It's a nice side effect most girls wish (or say they wish) guys have, but being nice alone will not cut it if you're going out to meet women. You can meet different types of girls at places like book clubs or comic book conventions who are looking for a different type of guy with their heads rather than who they feel a strong attraction for, but by and large the women you'll meet out at parties/clubs/bars generally have been drinking and just want a guy that will excite them, attract them, and show them a good time. My bet is that's what you need to focus on.

CharlieSwan.jpg

Best. Call. Ever.

E-High Five!

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Best. Call. Ever.

E-High Five!

What I like about his post is that it proves how well versed in the saga TTanT is. I had to Right-click > Properties the image to get it.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

You probably shouldn't take advice from me, but I wouldn't worry about it. I'm the same way.

Yes, I am the nice guy, and I get [bleep]ed over a lot because the girl likes the guy who looks handsome but is really a complete tool.

I just say to myself, "You know what? I'll just be single and wait for a gal to come along who likes me for who I am." That's that.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

And overall I try to not waste my time. At 17, going into senior year and then college, I have other stuff to worry about. I'd rather have a successful life single (from ignoring girls and putting my attention in things that matter in the long run) then being with a girl for a couple months and wasting my time. When the right person comes a long, I'll know it, and I'm not too worried about it right now.

S2buxtG.png

And overall I try to not waste my time. At 17, going into senior year and then college, I have other stuff to worry about. I'd rather have a successful life single (from ignoring girls and putting my attention in things that matter in the long run) then being with a girl for a couple months and wasting my time. When the right person comes a long, I'll know it, and I'm not too worried about it right now.

You guys are making it sound like the only worthwhile moment in a relationship is when you're sure it's going to last forever. There's plenty of experience to gain (that's some long term for ya), a lot of fun to have (a girlfriend is also a very close friend), etc. I also don't get how you can have other things to worry about than girls and yet score six 99s in combat skills alone; it makes me wonder how you established your list of priorities for it to end up with RS above dating. I don't want to accuse you of anything without knowing much about you, but this reasoning sounds a little bit like an excuse.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

You guys are making it sound like the only worthwhile moment in a relationship is when you're sure it's going to last forever. There's plenty of experience to gain (that's some long term for ya), a lot of fun to have (a girlfriend is also a very close friend), etc. I also don't get how you can have other things to worry about than girls and yet score six 99s in combat skills alone; it makes me wonder how you established your list of priorities for it to end up with RS above dating. I don't want to accuse you of anything without knowing much about you, but this reasoning sounds a little bit like an excuse.

I sure don't prioritize RuneScape over dating, and I'm just like him. :wink: But yeah, it would be weird if you don't do anything at ALL, but if you don't go actively pursuing women how can you blame a guy?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I sure don't prioritize RuneScape over dating, and I'm just like him. :wink: But yeah, it would be weird if you don't do anything at ALL, but if you don't go actively pursuing women how can you blame a guy?

I'm not suggesting you start going all PUA, just that when you meet a girl, you flirt. And when you say "treat them like people", that's exactly what I'm talking about; I don't act any different around attractive girls; I've never actually gone for a girl I didn't know at all (as in, walked up to a total stranger), I've met girls and, it just sort of happens. And it seems to have hardly ever, if not ever, "just happened" for you guys.

I've noticed that most relationships are jokes. The guy is faking. The girl is faking. Relationship crumbles. Hahah. And to think they thought it would last.

Your average person has enough problems alone. When you add another person equipped with their own unique set of problems, you got yourself a RFD. However, there are people out there who can legitimately connect to each other off of trust, similar ideals, shared experiences, sexy bods, etc. A huge problem though is that a lot of people think they are legitimately connecting and have a fine relationship, when in reality there is actually a huge weakness that they either brush under the carpet or don't know about. I'm so sick of the couples who break up and get back together 14+ times because they think next time will be different even though neither of them raise a finger to change things.

I've noticed that most relationships are jokes. The guy is faking. The girl is faking. Relationship crumbles. Hahah. And to think they thought it would last.

Your average person has enough problems alone. When you add another person equipped with their own unique set of problems, you got yourself a RFD. However, there are people out there who can legitimately connect to each other off of trust, similar ideals, shared experiences, sexy bods, etc. A huge problem though is that a lot of people think they are legitimately connecting and have a fine relationship, when in reality there is actually a huge weakness that they either brush under the carpet or don't know about. I'm so sick of the couples who break up and get back together 50+ times because they think next time will be different, even though neither of them raise a finger to change things.

You obviously haven't looked very hard then, I've seen many relationships that aren't like that at all.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Or maybe it's because we've been exposed to a different set of samples to base out opinions off of? Or maybe it's because you can't see what's really going on during a courtship. Either way I think it's very fair to make that claim, on the count of the vast majority of relationships I've seen or heard about have ultimately failed. I've moved around a lot too and so far nothing really contradicted my opinions on couples. There are good relationships out there, but they are few and far between from my experiences, which are not as narrow as you make it sound by saying I obviously haven't been looking.

Or maybe it's because we've been exposed to a different set of samples to base out opinions off of? Or maybe it's because you can't see what's really going on during a courtship. Either way I think it's very fair to make that claim, on the count of the vast majority of relationships I've seen have ultimately failed.

Are you still in high school? If so, that would make sense. I don't think the majority of people really take high school relationships seriously.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

stuff

I've noticed that posts starting with "I've noticed that" are you usually authored by people who think they've made a large scale discovery, and who are either wrong in that it's nothing new, or in that whatever they're saying is wrong.

Jokes aside, you might be right, but most of these relationships don't last. The case where they get back together several times is really rare as far as I've seen.

[Edit] I hate it when people post while I'm typing.

Anyways, yeah, most relationships are doomed to fail, but you can't really figure out if it'll work if you don't give it a try...

I like to believe that, since we humans have been in relationships through at least most of our history, there's something ingrained in us that reminds us all of what you're talking about Zierro. However, the joys of relationships tend to even out with the unhappiness they bring. Most people see the inevitable end and potential bumps along the relationship but accept it as a fair trade-off.

wl7w9j.png

Or maybe it's because we've been exposed to a different set of samples to base out opinions off of? Or maybe it's because you can't see what's really going on during a courtship. Either way I think it's very fair to make that claim, on the count of the vast majority of relationships I've seen have ultimately failed.

Are you still in high school? If so, that would make sense. I don't think the majority of people really take high school relationships seriously.

No.

While a large portion of my belief is based off of high school relationships, I also keep family members and friends who are out of school in mind. But what does that have to do with anything? Even if I was talking about high school specifically, I would still be describing a very large portion of all relationships. After all high school is a huge dating scene, if not the biggest.

I've noticed that posts starting with "I've noticed that" are you usually authored by people who think they've made a large scale discovery, and who are either wrong in that it's nothing new, or in that whatever they're saying is wrong.

Yeah yeah. Most of my posts do have an awkward transition at the beginning. I need to mix things up a bit.

I like to believe that, since we humans have been in relationships through at least most of our history

No way. Monogamy is a very new thing.

However, the joys of relationships tend to even out with the unhappiness they bring. Most people see the inevitable end and potential bumps along the relationship but accept it as a fair trade-off.

The 'joy' is simply oxytocin, and it's what makes us ignore the elephant in the room.

I've since realized that I don't have the personality traits females find attractive. I refuse to change the way I am in order to attract a higher number of potential suitors. I accept that I had my one good chance and for whatever reason it didn't pan out. I'm constantly being berated by my friends to be louder and more friendly. I am friendly, but I am not a toolbag. It appears that hinders my chances the most.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

I've since realized that I don't have the personality traits females find attractive. I refuse to change the way I am in order to attract a higher number of potential suitors. I accept that I had my one good chance and for whatever reason it didn't pan out. I'm constantly being berated by my friends to be louder and more friendly. I am friendly, but I am not a toolbag. It appears that hinders my chances the most.

I don't understand why you guys hate the idea of changing so much. You say that as if it meant undertaking a herculean task out of which no good could come out for you.

Those personality traits are traits that women find attractive, but also men. Literally, everyone likes that type of person, and I don't mean toolbags, I mean people who are friendly, funny, attractive in general; being a douche is a side effect of being attractive, not a part of it. You can have one without the other. Now, I understand your goal here isn't to please others, and I think that's respectable. But changing yourself, though it may take effort at first, is worth it because having more friends is more fun; girlfriends are a bonus.

Let's put it this way: you can't count fun the same way you count pocket change. You don't generate dollars (or if you do, hit me up ;) ). You can generate fun. And when you do, you make people around you have fun, including you. The more fun you generate, the more people will surround you; the more friends. The more friends you have, the more sources of fun, and the the higher odds of being happy at any given moment.

I hope that was clear, it took a lot of thinking.

^ "I don't need no self improvement" is just easier than changing, which takes effort. It also provides a nice excuse for yourself for being alone. Trying is harder than giving up, etc.

• 1 month later...

I don't understand why you guys hate the idea of changing so much. You say that as if it meant undertaking a herculean task out of which no good could come out for you.

Those personality traits are traits that women find attractive, but also men. Literally, everyone likes that type of person, and I don't mean toolbags, I mean people who are friendly, funny, attractive in general; being a douche is a side effect of being attractive, not a part of it. You can have one without the other. Now, I understand your goal here isn't to please others, and I think that's respectable. But changing yourself, though it may take effort at first, is worth it because having more friends is more fun; girlfriends are a bonus.

Let's put it this way: you can't count fun the same way you count pocket change. You don't generate dollars (or if you do, hit me up ;) ). You can generate fun. And when you do, you make people around you have fun, including you. The more fun you generate, the more people will surround you; the more friends. The more friends you have, the more sources of fun, and the the higher odds of being happy at any given moment.

I hope that was clear, it took a lot of thinking.

Sorry this took so long to respond.

I was always brought up being told that everybody is unique in their own way and you shouldn't change the way you are no matter what people say to you. When I am implored to change the way I am to please a higher number of people I can't help but feel it's all just a charade to help make me fit in. Mainstream society says that I must have interest in X music style, X TV shows/movies, and possess the same cookie-cutter traits in order to be deemed normal (i.e. acceptable) by society. I believe I am a rare case in that I I have nearly none of these traits, I am the anti-conformist.

As I type this I realize that my frustration isn't necessarily towards individuals themselves, but the unfair way that people that are "unusual" are slowly excluded and forgotten by society. Maybe things will change? That's what I told myself 5 years ago as I was nearing the end of high school. So far, nothing has changed. Females are just as immature and as I grow up I see that is carries well into adulthood; the [bleep] <edited for censor evasion~Romy> shield, everything remains. These are the reasons I have no interest in them. Some might call me lazy for not changing into what people want to see, but I would consider that the biggest cop-out imaginable.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

I don't think the majority of people really take high school relationships seriously.

Is the reason I don't make any attempt to date. It's just charades where people think they've met "the one," and when it doesn't work out, they cry because they were too blind to see the flaws in their relationship. I'm fine with love, but people need to learn to analyze their feelings a little more and take control.