Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Metal Thread

• Please log in to reply
459 replies to this topic

Asmodeous4
[ Display Name History ]

Asmodeous4

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Odal
  • Clan:Lady Heinous
This isn't metal, but it comes from a predominantly metal band. Road Salt One by Pain of Salvation. Has anyone here listened to it, and if so what do they think of it? To me it sounds brilliant, and I really can't wait for Road Salt Two later this year. Sisters is amazing.
Also, I found black metal hard to get into, a bit like a wall of noise to me at the start. I listened to some Agalloch though, and that changed my perspective. I kinda went into the "blacker" stuff from there. To the Dimmu fan, I really can't help but find Dimmu realllllly boring. Although I do like Vortex's vocals. And... Rumoured Arcturus reunion with Vortex AND Garm! :D

Maleficus1055
[ Display Name History ]

Maleficus1055

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,291 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Armyman19

This isn't metal, but it comes from a predominantly metal band. Road Salt One by Pain of Salvation. Has anyone here listened to it, and if so what do they think of it? To me it sounds brilliant, and I really can't wait for Road Salt Two later this year. Sisters is amazing.
Also, I found black metal hard to get into, a bit like a wall of noise to me at the start. I listened to some Agalloch though, and that changed my perspective. I kinda went into the "blacker" stuff from there. To the Dimmu fan, I really can't help but find Dimmu realllllly boring. Although I do like Vortex's vocals. And... Rumoured Arcturus reunion with Vortex AND Garm! :D

I love Pain of Salvation, though Scarsick is my favorite. Road Salt One was.......ok, I guess. I liked Sleeping Under the Stars on that quite a bit though.

Asmodeous4
[ Display Name History ]

Asmodeous4

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Odal
  • Clan:Lady Heinous

I love Pain of Salvation, though Scarsick is my favorite. Road Salt One was.......ok, I guess. I liked Sleeping Under the Stars on that quite a bit though.

I love the cabaret influence in Sleeping Under the Stars, it's hilarious but brilliant. And Scarsick is way underrated, loads of the prog elitists look down on it because it has rapping, but I find it just as meaningful as BE.

Jernlov
[ Display Name History ]

Jernlov

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,171 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
One Hour By the Concrete Lake is my favourite Pain of Salvation album. The others are all pretty meh to me.

Anyone into Nevermore here? Their latest album came out a while ago and it's pretty solid. Nowhere near as incredible as This Godless Endeavor, but it's definitely worth a listen.

topham
[ Display Name History ]

topham

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Punk Man666
I thought the new Nevermore album was pretty average in comparison to This Godless Endeavor. I did enjoy listening to it. Although This Godless Endeavor is a wicked album, I prefer Enemies of Reality.

Anyone catch Shining - Blackjazz? Possibly my favourite album released this year. Its a haggard Black Metal/ Jazz cross album, that is just chaotic at points, but its brilliant.

-Destroy Topham-

Posted Image
Posted Image

Maleficus1055
[ Display Name History ]

Maleficus1055

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,291 posts

I thought the new Nevermore album was pretty average in comparison to This Godless Endeavor. I did enjoy listening to it. Although This Godless Endeavor is a wicked album, I prefer Enemies of Reality.

Anyone catch Shining - Blackjazz? Possibly my favourite album released this year. Its a haggard Black Metal/ Jazz cross album, that is just chaotic at points, but its brilliant.

If you like that idea, I would highly recommend Ihsahn's After album.

Nadril
[ Display Name History ]

Nadril

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 23,966 posts
I've always enjoyed metal. I haven't really gotten into any "new" stuff yet (I really should) just because I'm on ventrilo talking to people so often I rarely listen to music anymore.

As far as name dropping bands goes I figure I'll post some stuff no one has mentioned yet.

Sigh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYxTvuXxohM

Primordial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT-clZE39CI

YOB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IR1M8qqmoEI
(pt1) (also an incredible song)

Of course bands such as Helloween, Agalloch and the like I also really enjoy.

Maleficus1055
[ Display Name History ]

Maleficus1055

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,291 posts

I had Primordial in my list of music, I absolutely love them. Nice pick Posted Image

Ss_J9_Goten
[ Display Name History ]

Ss_J9_Goten

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 429 posts
OP, since you like prog and power I recommend to you Fates Warning and Adramelch. Irae Melanox might be the best album you will ever hear. Also, Slauter Xstroyes are really cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkvqrCGuS10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHTKMJjZ-X8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3bUOgnd7lg

Saru Inc
[ Display Name History ]

Saru Inc

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,463 posts
  • RSN:Saru Inc
  • RSN2:Saruman44
  • RSN '07:Thengel55
  • Clan:SODB

Primordial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT-clZE39CI

A prime example of why I hate metal. Instrument wise I love that song. But the singing just destroyed it. Same with Metallica, great instruments, awful awful singer. (I get flamed everywhere for this, but I swear I'm not alone)

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Ss_J9_Goten
[ Display Name History ]

Ss_J9_Goten

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 429 posts
Do you mean to say you hate all metal cause of the voclas? If you do, no offense, but that's pretty stupid.

What kind of vocals do you like? Maybe we can find you some metal you can enjoy :)

mcneilp
[ Display Name History ]

mcneilp

Slàinte

• Members
  • 2,670 posts

Something a bit different. Both their albums are well worth checking out.
They're pretty good live as well.
It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below
Scottish friction
Scottish fiction

Nah_idiot
[ Display Name History ]

Nah_idiot

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • RSN:R u a Nan
  • RSN2:lIy
  • Clan:Team Haste
I like gore/grind related metal best, Lord Gore's probably my favourite metal band but I like modern stuff like Cattle Decapitation too.

Jernlov
[ Display Name History ]

Jernlov

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,171 posts

OP, since you like prog and power I recommend to you Fates Warning and Adramelch.

Two of my favourite bands right there.

Also, Primordial is wonderful too.

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

Do you mean to say you hate all metal cause of the voclas? If you do, no offense, but that's pretty stupid.

What kind of vocals do you like? Maybe we can find you some metal you can enjoy :)

Or instrumental metal songs, which usually turn out awesome.

New goal: Get Saru on to metal :twisted:
--
Personal favorite since they came up: A Pleasant Shade of Gray by Fates Warning

Maleficus1055
[ Display Name History ]

Maleficus1055

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,291 posts

Primordial
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT-clZE39CI"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=XT-clZE39CI[/url]

A prime example of why I hate metal. Instrument wise I love that song. But the singing just destroyed it. Same with Metallica, great instruments, awful awful singer. (I get flamed everywhere for this, but I swear I'm not alone)

The singing is WHY Primordial is so awesome. He sings with such emotion and power, I love it.

OldJoe
[ Display Name History ]

OldJoe

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,922 posts
  • RSN:Joedeby

Primordial

The singing is WHY Primordial is so awesome. He sings with such emotion and power, I love it.

I have to be honest, i don't think his voice is too brilliant either. But people already bash me for not liking Halfords voice, so no need to bash some more hehe.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies
Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie
Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens
Je suis juste un cas désespérant
Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer
Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 7,789 posts
I don't listen to metal very often and when I do it's usually just industrial and screamo, which aren't really metal. However I do have a bit of a soft spot for Alt. Metal, especially Janus, Acroma, Egypt Central, and Chevelle. They just write some of the easiest music to listen to, it's not so hard that your ears are almost bleeding by the time you finish an album, but then again they're music isn't so soft that people call you a sissy for listening to them.

Ss_J9_Goten
[ Display Name History ]

Ss_J9_Goten

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 429 posts
Ya'll need to listen to Scanner! Or at least this song. The rest of the album is pretty alright, but this song is ace.

Also, Angel Witch name drop

Pirate_Felix
[ Display Name History ]

Pirate_Felix

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,323 posts
After looking at all the songs posted in this thread, i suggest one song:
Iced Earth - Jack
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic