Tip.It Times - 20th June 2010

Racheya

7. You still use your ignore list to take notes and hold fairy codes

I take offense to that, That was a Helpful hint on Tipit before the log and notes function came out! I was just too lazy to remove them...

Ha! Same here, I just haven't changed them around. It's nice to smile whenever I ignore my ignore list. ;)

tetsupportsig2.jpg

#3 The flag holding advantage comes with heavy penalties. It's both an advantage and a disadvantage, your defense lowers massively due to the lack of a shield along with castle war brace's bonus for attackers to hunt you down. I've tried tanking meleers in maxxed tank gears and run out of bandages incredibly fast. It no longer needs to be fixed, if you really can't get the flag back in those conditions your team is just horrible.

Have you ever tried to get a flag back from a level 138 with curses and a steel titan (just for example) and 5 other level 138's barraging you? It's not a cake walk and you insult a lot of mid-level people who have committed the horrible crime of joining the team that just didn't happen to have a clan of 138's. I play Castlewars for fun not for the rewards and even before this update I was annoyed with the system for rewards and the flag dropping system. I can't enjoy a game if I'm not really being given a fair chance to win. Sure it's a 50/50 chance I could be on the same team as the 138's and I could even join their team on purpose but then I'm not having fun. I'm just as bad as they are. Just playing to win.

Edit: The Castlewars bracelet only works if the person is holding your team's standard. In other words it doesn't help with people holding their own flag.

Why are you playing it then if being on either team isn't fun? Castle wars has been around for a long time, much longer than most people who play now, and it's one of the few remaining parts of runescape that isn't controlled and moderated in every possible way. Having it level balanced as well would make it impossible for any decent level clans, or even just groups of friends, to play on the same side. And if someone has taken their flag and dropped it for them to pick up, they've invested ungodly amounts of time training, and simply brought more people along than you... then they deserve to win and you deserve to lose. Every part of runescape is slowly being "averaged out" with things like fixed prices, when a bunch of people who've gained godlike strength can't group together and slaughter the masses anywhere anymore it will get a LOT more boring, whats the point in training or even doing anything in the game if it doesn't make you a higher authority in that skill than other people?

1. When you use a herring for woodcutting.

Let's make this a top 11 list. . . . .

0. When you have npc's in your friend list. . . . . . . . . And you talk to them. . . . . . . . . .And they answer you.

Shyone0202

Some do, some don't. Some will, some won't. I might.

Wow, i didn't expect to see my DYK submission in the times!

I guess I should've checked the female character's emotes, but i didn't think of it at the time.

Oh well...

I liked the humorous first article, and had to agree with much of the second.

Can't wait till next week.

~freindO1~