Upcoming Combat Triangle Rebalance

xxshady

Jagex just trolled everyone, looks like the major combat triangle revision will not be happening (Jagex seems to think incremental upgrades like Staff of Light and new spells for the base book are good enough)

2wrq1kx.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------

In the same post they say they look at 99% of the suggestion forum's posts. So from that it should be obvious not to take that post seriously.

:lol: My thought as well. I actually prefer they continue doing incremental upgrades because it seems like it would more likely lead to more powerful weapons than a re-balancing would.

Hameigh.png

Let's be honest not everything can be perfect, i mean would you really want it to? Would you really want every time your a mage and you fight a ranger you'd lose? Because in its basic form of perfectness thats what you would be looking at. Look at it this way most magic, range, and melee all have their uses in all situations. Its not like 90% of runescape is running around using the same combat type. Considering the amount of content, updates, and how long this game has been evolving I'd say its pretty dang balanced 'perfectly'.

Please Visit my Blog!

sig.jpg

- Experienced Monster Hunter - Forced Retirement Staker - Privite Chat is always ON -

1 Draconic Visage 26 Dragon Drops 1 GWD Drops 17 DK Drops 13 Coinshared Items

Let's be honest not everything can be perfect, i mean would you really want it to? Would you really want every time your a mage and you fight a ranger you'd lose? Because in its basic form of perfectness thats what you would be looking at. Look at it this way most magic, range, and melee all have their uses in all situations. Its not like 90% of runescape is running around using the same combat type. Considering the amount of content, updates, and how long this game has been evolving I'd say its pretty dang balanced 'perfectly'.

You're right, instead of mage just losing to range, we also have mage losing to melee wearing d'hide. So much better. This has been an issue for YEARS. And then there's the PVM aspect

yes.png

People NEVER get it do you. There was just a topic up last night of how some guy was posting videos of how horribably overpowered magic is just because he was using some new spell/amulet (I believe not 100% sure just returning to the game so not up-to-date about the new items yet).

I'll put it this way I'm not a huge pvp'er, but I don't think anyone would be if we had a perfect triangle. Because this is what would happen.

Ranger sees melee... He runs away.

Melee sees ranger he chances.

Mage sees melee he chaces.

Ranger gets away.

Melee gets teleblocked, frozen, and owned all at once.

Mage goes to pick up reward.

New ranger walks by and owns mage.

New melee walks up and owns ranger.

etc.

How much fun would that be!? The mix of people hybriding, using different tactics, etc. is what makes Pvp interesting, Jagex realizes this doesn't mean they won't make updates to balance the triangle a little bit, but any MAJOR changes like not letting you melee in dragonhide could easily ruin pvp for most players.

Please Visit my Blog!

sig.jpg

- Experienced Monster Hunter - Forced Retirement Staker - Privite Chat is always ON -

People NEVER get it do you. There was just a topic up last night of how some guy was posting videos of how horribably overpowered magic is just because he was using some new spell/amulet (I believe not 100% sure just returning to the game so not up-to-date about the new items yet).

I'll put it this way I'm not a huge pvp'er, but I don't think anyone would be if we had a perfect triangle. Because this is what would happen.

Ranger gets away.

etc.

How much fun would that be!? The mix of people hybriding, using different tactics, etc. is what makes Pvp interesting, Jagex realizes this doesn't mean they won't make updates to balance the triangle a little bit, but any MAJOR changes like not letting you melee in dragonhide could easily ruin pvp for most players.

Except Jagex claims that Runescape has a hard-triangle for combat while other MMO's claim they have loose trinity's and hybrid systems. Jagex either needs to admit they have a loose trinity or update their trinity so that it's actually balanced again.

Ranger gets away.

etc.

Except Jagex claims that Runescape has a hard-triangle for combat while other MMO's claim they have loose trinity's and hybrid systems. Jagex either needs to admit they have a loose trinity or update their trinity so that it's actually balanced again.

If thats true then I guess your right there, Jagex shouldn't claim one way or another. I don't really care what they consider the triangle to be in that i think it works out as it is now perfectly, obviously little tweaks and balances will always need to occur with new updates but a 'hard-triangle' as you refer to would not be in favor of the game, at least how it's developed into.

Please Visit my Blog!

sig.jpg

Upcoming Combat Triangle Rebalance

The Greatest Triangular Issue.

Magic Is Overpowered.

All on the first page. Yuck.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

You're right, instead of mage just losing to range, we also have mage losing to melee wearing d'hide. So much better. This has been an issue for YEARS. And then there's the PVM aspect

I actually spoke to Mod Mark many years ago now (just when it started happening) regarding melee wearing dragonhide and he agreed it was a problem. However, now it's too late to change anything, wearing mage defence armour for some PvM stuff is required and it would break a lot of things.

at the moment its range thats unbalanced, they did a fairly good job of balancing mage with SoL and dungeoneering. Hopefully dungeoneering batch 2 and the D'cbow release will balance range.

And when I talk about 'balance' I'm not referring to 100% balance, that would be boring.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Combat triangle is not unbalanced, if you feel it is then you're just a bad hybrid.

As for PvM, what do people use to kill DKs/Ice Wyrms again?

Nice, you just managed to name 2 monsters out of the I don't know how many meleers slay. What do people use for most boss killing and slayer? Melee :D

Combat triangle is not unbalanced, if you feel it is then you're just a bad hybrid.

As for PvM, what do people use to kill DKs/Ice Wyrms again?

I only kill Ice Wyrms with mage because it's a nice diversion from my standard slayer gear. (max melee)

I sometimes wonder why though with the (huge) extra cost and mage being +- the same efficiency as melee.

I think it's pretty much impossible to completely balace the combat triangle. Some items or combo's just work better than others.

Perhaps the only way to balance it is make a new way of combat (Something besides melee, ranged and magic, no idea what) which is way better in every aspect than the three just mentioned and everyone should be able to do it without much cost or previous gained levels. But, that's not going to happen.

I sure hope the combat triangle isn't finished yet. That would be a waste of skills. So it's actually way too early to tell wether it's balanced or not.

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

My only gripe with mage is that it uses runes, and that the only way to reduce the amount of runes you use is to use a SoL or some battle robes. As it is, I blow through about 1M+ worth of runes a day, depending on how much I play.

This.

Gahaha, in PVM, 90% of Scapers probably DO use the same combat type. Melee. There's a few places where range is useful, and even fewer places where mage is useful - but in general, people use melee.

I don't think PVP is too bad though. We have people complaining that magic is over/under powered, range seems decent between dragonstone bolts and handcannons (although the firemaking req is kinda bad imo) and melee...Yeah. (Although I don't PVP, because I fail.)

Mage is particularly bad in PVM due to the high cost of runes - PVP, costs matter less, especially since since everybody risks their expensive tems.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Hmm... yeah Magic uses up a lot of runes but we get great XP in return too. Which is why I want to start a little experiment.

Let's say a player gets abyssal demons as a task. How much XP would a Meleer get in one hour, if he uses an abyssal whip and defender, overloads and Turmoil. Try to give an as much accurate answer as possible. We then have to divide that by three, because Melee exists out of 3 combat skills. Next, how much cash is being spend on prayer potions for Turmoil and overloads?

Then we should calculate how much Magic XP a Mage, wearing battle robes, a Staff of Light, arcane stream necklace and Fire Surge, can get in one hour maging abyssal demons. And then we have to factor in the cost of all the runes being used which then needs to be divided by 65% because of the battle robes and SoL. We also have to factor in the cost of overloads aswell. Since there aren't really any useful prayers for Magic for PvM we don't have factor in prayer potions.

If somebody can find out these kind of things we could figure out the gp/xp for both Melee and Magic.