[Video & Text] Brody's Fire Cape Guide (Video/Pure/Pics, In-Depth)

Brody

ehwweg.jpg

nmi34j.jpg

All text, video, and pictures in this guide are solely produced by me with the exception of the required skill level icons and monster pictures which come from www.runescape.wikia.com. You may not reproduce or distribute anything on this page without written permission from myself. If you see this guide anywhere else, please private message me.

This is my first guide so bear with me, this could get ugly =S

1zvg10m.jpg

1) Version history

2) Video

2) About the fight caves

4) How to get there

5) Requirements

6) Wave breakdown

7) That beautiful cape

8) Monsters within the fight caves

9) Equipment

-a) Main

--b) One Defence

---c) 45 Defence

10) Inventory

-a) Main

--b) One Defence

---c) 45 Defence

11) Environment

12) Logging out

13) TzTok-Jad, In-Depth

-a) Generic step-by-step

--b) TzTok-Jad Diagram

---c) How To Deal With Spawns

()-END

2n16dkl.jpg

1.0 - First post.

1.1 - Spelling fix, Added sub-categories for pures and berserkers.

1.2 - Added more pictures, Added colours.

1.3 - Added requirements, Added version history, reformated.

1.4 - Added Video.

1.5 - Added new banner.

b80glz.jpg

Fire Cape Guide Visual Companion.Please view in 720P,if you cannot view in 720P reload this page.

e9ix5f.jpg

The fight caves were released in late 2005, it was then that Tztok-Jad took the throne of the highest level monster in runescape. I did my first fire cape in december of 2005 using the old blood blitz/guthans method, since then I have done many capes for myself and friends from 1 defence pures to main accounts. the fight caves have changed in many different ways since then such as:

()-Complete graphical revamp of monsters and enviroment.

()-Jad can attack with magic now.

()-You may no longer receive random events.

()-You can no longer bring pouches or scrolls into the mini-game.

()-You may no longer use a Dwarf Multicannon.

()-Tztok-Jad's attacks now have farther range. he can hit you without being on your minimap.

()-Tztok-jad now spawns in the centre of room instead of in a corner.

()-You may now log out during fight caves, you will begin on the next wave.

()-You may now fight Tz-Tok-Jad as a slayer assignment and make use of boosting headgear.

This minigame is a SAFE minigame, you will not lose your items if you die. It consists of 63 waves of monsters that use all types of attack styles and drain your prayer, it usually takes more or less around two hours to complete the entire caves at reasonably high stats, i will list most methods in my guide but will emphasize only the most practical of them.

c0zyf.jpg

The Tzhaar fight caves are located deep in the karamja volcano. The easiest method to get to them is to teleport to karamja using an amulet of glory and running north to the entrance to the valcano. Going down the rope you will see an entrance to the cave or Tzhaar city. Once in there proceed to the bank. Directly across is the entrance to the fight caves with a helpful NPC in front.

4zzwnt.jpg

22zyw6.jpg

142sz6q.jpg

2dgs6t5.jpg

Recommended

70+Ranged_icon.png

60+Hitpoints_detail.png

40+Prayer_Detail.png

30u8mxs.jpg

Here are all the waves from 1 to 63.

1) 22

2) 22, 22

3) 45

4) 45, 22

5) 45, 22, 22

6) 45, 45

7) 90 - - - - - - - Range pray

8) 90, 22

9) 90, 22, 22

10) 90, 45

11) 90, 45, 22

12) 90, 45, 22, 22

13) 90, 45, 45

14) 90, 90

15) 180

16) 180, 22

17) 180, 22, 22

18) 180, 45

19) 180, 45, 22

20) 180, 45, 22, 22

21) 180, 45, 45

22) 180, 90

23) 180, 90, 22

24) 180, 90, 22, 22

25) 180, 90, 45

26) 180, 90, 45, 22

27) 180, 90, 45, 22, 22

28) 180, 90, 45, 45

29) 180, 90, 90

30) 180, 180

31) 360 - - - - - - - Mage pray

32) 360, 22

33) 360, 22, 22

34) 360, 45

35) 360, 45, 22

36) 360, 45, 22, 22

37) 360, 45, 45

38) 360, 90

39) 360, 90, 22

40) 360, 90, 22, 22

41) 360, 90, 45

42) 360, 90, 45, 22

43) 360, 90, 45, 22, 22

44) 360, 90, 45, 45

45) 360, 90, 90

46) 360, 180

47) 360, 180, 22

48) 360, 180, 22, 22

49) 360, 180, 45

50) 360, 180, 45, 22

51) 360, 180, 45, 22, 22

52) 360, 180, 45, 45

53) 360, 180, 90

54) 360, 180, 90, 22

55) 360, 180, 90, 22, 22

56) 360, 180, 90, 45

57) 360, 180, 90, 45, 22

58) 360, 180, 90, 45, 22, 22

59) 360, 180, 90, 45, 45

60) 360, 180, 90, 90

61) 360, 180, 180

62) 360, 360

63) 702 TzTok-Jad, four Level 108 healers - - - - - - - Range Pray

I know, that's a lot of waves, but you should get to wave 20 fairly quickly, the bulk of the time comes from 38 onwards when the level 360 ket-zeks begin to spawn with the level 90 toz-xil's and level 180' mej-kotts. The general order you should kill the monsters in are 22---> 360 ---> 90 ---> 180 ---> 45. This is flexible however, for instance, when the 90's spawn with the 360's you should kill them second so you aren't taking damage, and you should always kill the 45's and 180's last because they only attack with melee and you can conserve prayer by safing them.

2nqcd8n.jpg

The benefits of completing all the waves of this annoyingly long mini-game is 16064 Tokkul and a sexy little fire cape, it offers both prayer and strength bonuses, as well as having an attack bonus and the best defence bonus of any cape in all areas.

2vkxax4.jpg

fz0qx0.jpg

24eartt.jpg

28jwia8.jpg

These little noobs here are a real pain. they will drain your prayer by 1 whenever they hit you, even if it is a zero. if it hits damage, it will drain 1 and whatever it hits.

Life points:100

Max hit: 40

level: 22

2uhb779.jpg

55mttv.jpg

These guys are quite annoying as well, despite the low combat level of 45 they still manage to hit a few 7's on me when im not looking. They have an annoying effect of recoiling damage whenever you melee them, range is safe though. Despite recoiling 1 damage every time you hit them, these guys are good to heal on if using guthans. Once they are killed they turn into two smaller level 22 tz-keks. these do not recoil, have a max hit of 4 and 10 hitpoints.

Life points: 200

Max hit: 70

Level: 45

oe6p3.jpg

2q87k09.jpg

These guys will most likely be what uses up most of your food/brews/sweets. They use range and on the later waves will spawn with the level 360 Ket-zek's. Because you are praying mage these will hit you. They have very accurate range attacks, but on the other hand have almost no defence and very low hitpoints. you often do not have to worry about their melee attack, but avoid it if you can as it is slightly more accurate and strong.

Life points: 400

Max hit: 130

Level: 90

f1y63s.jpg

fje32v.jpg

These are usually a pushover if you are behind a safe spot, as they can only Melee. They have the annoying ability to heal theirselves and monsters around them, which can be frustrating at times. It is recommended to kill these last using a safe spot rather than wasting prayer points. They only attack with melee, making them a small threat most of the time.

Life points: 800

Max hit: 250

level: 180

nv13ie.jpg

21nqgqx.jpg

The ket-zek's first appear on wave 31 and onward and are the first monsters of the caves that it is necessary to pray on. they hit close to 500 using mage and melee attack styles. You should pray mage when these first spawn. it is reccomended to not go near them, as their melee attack is just as potent as it's magic attack. you will fight these all the way from wave 31-62.

Life points: 1600

Max hit: 490

level: 360

a0cju1.jpg

143hrat.jpg

Tztok-Jad. the mac-daddy of all challenges of runescape.He held the title of strongest monster on Runescape for more than 3 years.

He has a very large pool of life points. See the in depth analysis of TzTok-Jad next.

Life points: 2500

Max hit: 970

Level: 702

t5poyd.jpg

2r5574p.jpg2r5574p.jpg2r5574p.jpg2r5574p.jpg

If you are lucky, Tztok-jad will get down to 50% hitpoints. At this point you will experience the most difficult part of the fight caves. Four of these healers will spawn, they look like the level 180's but smaller. They come from the North, South, East, and West parts of the caves. They heal tztok jad every few seconds. You need to get them to attack you, or kill them. See in depth analysis of tztok-jad next.

Life points: 600

Max hit: 140

level: 108

wba2ya.jpg

While doing the Tzhaar fight caves you will be hit by all three types of attacks. You need a decent magic, melee, and range defence as well as close to +15 prayer and a good range offence bonus. The above picture is what i myself used, which worked out alright for me, below i will list gear to use, best on the left, worst on the right. Mix and match to suit your needs.

rrjati.jpg

2hcjcz4.jpg2qwzk1h.jpg2wm40sz.jpg

Head slot: Verac's full helm -> proselyte full helm -> initiate full helm -> neitiznot -> mitre

Neck slot: Amulet of fury -> amulet of glory -> amulet of power -> stole

Torso slot: Armadyl chestplate -> Karil's leathertop -> black d'hide top

Leg slot: Veracs plateskirt -> proselyte skirt/legs -> initiate skirt/legs -> armadyl plateskirt

Boots slot: Ranger boots -> bandos boots -> white boots -> snakeskin boots -> frog leather boots

Gloves slot: Barrows -> dragon -> regen bracelet -> Black vambraces

Ring slot: Archers ring -> explorers ring

Weapon slot***: Rune crossbow

Shield slot: Dragonfire shield -> Blessed spirit shield -> Spirit shield -> Falador shield 3 -> God book -> Rune kiteshield

Ammunition slot: Diamond (E) bolts -> Broad -> adamant, Diamond (e)'s are almost Necessary if low range, you will only use around 500. Bring more though

***- Rune crossbow is the most common method nowadays, times have changed. I remember doing it with guthan's 90% of the caves, or on a pure using blood blitz to heal. Long before crossbow's the most common range method was one of the following two. Karil's crossbow, or a Crystal bow. Although using a crystal bow is effective, by the time you get to TzTok-Jad it will be around 2/10 charge, meaning it would be wise to bring two. On the other hand karil's crossbow is my favourite method of doing the caves. You will only use around 3500 bolt racks, which isn't very expensive. The catch is you can't wield a falador shield or godbook, meaning your payer is slashed, Also an accumulator has no effect. The way i find best is, if you have a trimmed skill cape, wear it for the +4 pray bonus to compensate for the loss of a godbook and use karils crossbow. As long as you have around +15 pray bonus with your setup (without having to use a stole) then you will be fine.

e833o7.jpg

2nkpb92.jpg2agn2tc.jpgn6tifk.jpg

Head slot: Mitre -> Robin hood hat

Torso slot: Vestment Robe top -> Monk robe top

Leg slot: Black D'hide Chaps

Boots slot: Ranger boots

Gloves slot: Adamant gloves -> Regen bracelet -> Black vambraces

weapon slot: Rune Crossbow/See above

shield slot: God Book

Ammunition slot: See above

2el8aw5.jpg

345hpvl.jpg28j9n3c.jpg2lwmbs2.jpg

Head slot: Robin hood hat -> Archer helm

Torso slot: Black Dragonhide top

Leg slot: Rune platelegs/Rock-shell platelegs

Boots slot: Ranger boots -> Rune boots -> Snakeskin boots

gloves slot: Barrows gloves -> Regen Bracelet -> Black vambraces

weapon slot: Rune crossbow/See above

Shield slot: Spirit shield -> Rune kiteshield -> Godbook

Ammunition slot: See above

2qs4emx.jpg

2ep4ifd.jpg

16izluq.jpg

The Saradomin Godsword has an attack requirement of 75, and can be a very useful tool within the fight caves because of its replenishing properties for life points and prayer points, respectively. The special attack, "Healing Blade" restores half of the damage dealt to the users current life points, and one quarter of the damage to the users current prayer points. This weapon is mostly effective on lower-tier monsters within the fight caves, but never-the-less it can be very helpful in the long run as the fight caves is demanding in both life points and prayer points.

4qpld4.jpg

2ewmzdl.jpg

The Full Slayer Helmet is a valuable tool within the fight caves, it has a defence requirement of 10, and it occupies the headgear slot but provides a 15% bonus of all offensive combat types, particularly notable is it's boost to range. It has similar defense bonus to that of a rune full helmet, but offers some mage defensive bonuses, as well as a small range and magic offensive bonus. The slayer helmet can only be used when you are on a tzhaar task from your slayer master, which can have the option to extend the task so you can use the slayer helmet all through the fight caves up to TzTok-Jad.

2z9lfuq.jpg

20zbmef.jpg

The Guthan's armour set is in many ways, discontinued in use, mainly because of the arrival of easier and less cumbersome ways to heal like Soul Split, and the Saradomin Godsword. Disregarding my opinion on these pieces of armour though, it requires 70 defence to wear, like all barrows equipment, and 70 attack to wield the spear. You must have the entire set worn to experience the set effect, which provides the ability to heal on a 1:1 ratio with damage done. This means if you hit 350, you will heal 350. Many players like to wear partial guthans in the fight caves, and switch to the remaining pieces in their inventory (Usually spear and body) and then heal on the lower level monsters in the fight caves, similar to the Saradomin Godsword.

500iol.jpg

o8rk42.jpg

The Void Knight Equipment consists of four or five pieces, Gloves, Bottom,Top, and deflector, And three different helmets which determine the set effect. As magic is usually disregarded in the fights caves, I will not go into detail. But the range and melee helmet both offer a 10% to damage and accuracy respectively. The requirements for wearing any of the items in the void set are 42 Strength, Attack, Defence, Magic, Ranged, Constitution and 22 Prayer. Interestingly, this is one of few items to have a Constitution requirement. For the most part the ranged helm is used in the fight caves (Pictured above), But the melee helm can also be brought along in the inventory if one wishes to use melee within the fight caves with a Saradomin Godsword or something similar. It is possible to get Elite Void items, this provides a prayer bonus as well. This armour set is the result of playing pest control to achieve zeal which can be spent on this armour. It offers evenly distributed, but low defence bonuses. It is recommended only to use this set of armour if you are a Berserker Pure or similar build.

nq9442.jpg

ixqh44.jpg

The enhanced excalibur is an improved version of the excalibur sword from the Merlin's Crystal quest, it's purpose is only for the special attack, which heals you 200LP(20hp) over a course of 10 seconds, using 100% of the special bar. In order to get your excalibur sword enhanced to create this healing effect, you must complete seer's diary 3 (hard tasks), but if you complete seer's diary 4 (elite tasks) you will get an ever greater version of excalibur which doubles the effect, you get healed 400LP(40hp) over 10 seconds, which would make this weapon even more desirable.

1hebuh.jpg

rrjati.jpg

a4po4y.jpg

e833o7.jpg

33arrf6.jpg

2el8aw5.jpg

jtxrfd.jpg

Above is the inventory i myself used, there are quite a few variants in which inventory to use or what items to add. For example, if you are less than 75 range you may want to put black d'hide chaps in your inventory to make things move along quicker when you are not praying. Or you may wish to add a holy wrench in place of a super restore, which is a great idea. If you have low defence around 70-75 or it's your first time going, it may be a good idea to bring 50+ purple sweets as well, Thought if you are a pure, purple sweets is a must, and bringing death and blood runes for blood blitz is a good idea. The main idea is you want at least 8 brews, and at least 12 super restores assuming you have around +15 pray bonus and your not using welfare gear. You will also want one Range potion for fighting TzTok-Jad.

ruz8k2.jpg

2zxrsep.jpg

The Tzhaar fight caves are more or less a rough square shape with bits and pieces missing. Inside are some commonly used safespots, The italy rock on the east wall is where you fill fight TzTok-jad and the rocks protruding from the north and west are good options to safe the level 180's and 45's. Monsters can spawn in any of the corners or the centre of this cave, save for TzTok-Jad who always spawns directly in the centre.

rsd938.jpg

This is important to know how to do correctly, if done correctly you will be logged out in the caves and you will start again in the centre of the fight caves, regardless of where you logged off. at this point no monsters will spawn until you move from the spot you have logged in at. I do not advise to do this at wave 62, because you may not have ample time to get to the Italy rock when TzTok-Jad spawns. To correctly logout with losing your progress on the current wave, click logout while you are in combat. A disclaimer in your chatbox will appear notifying you that you will be automatically logged out at the end of the wave. Logging out sooner will force you to redo that wave.

fk2wwl.jpg

30xigqa.jpg

2zg8zzl.jpg

TzTok-Jad is One of the Highest level monsters in runescape. He is able to hit 970 with any of his attacks and Rarely, if ever, hits a zero. The only way to fend off his might is to use protection prayers. The only problem is, he can use both Range and mage attacks. In order to switch prayers effectively, you must be able to recognize his movements before he does his range attack, as well as before he does his mage attack. This is what troubles most people, as it takes practice.

vziqs2.jpg

1) When you are killing the last level 360, Drink saradomin brews to max lp and restores to max pray, and your range potion.

2) Lure the last 360 to the north side of the italy rock and kill it.

3a) TURN YOUR PROTECTION FROM RANGE PRAYER ON, I cannot stress this anymore. TzTok-Jad makes sounds when he attacks, so TURN YOUR SPEAKERS ON MAX. His magic attack makes sort of a swooshing sound. His range on the other hand makes a crashing sound AFTER it hits you. So when he spawns, pray range and if you hear a sound, pray mage. If you are lucky, Tztok-Jad will get stuck on the other side of the italy rock and will be unable to hit you.

b) If not, he will creep around the side of the rock and engage you in combat, near the tip of the boot. That is okay as well, just less time to prepare yourself mentally. At this time you should beware of his melee range which is several squares. His melee attack is abrupt and has no warning and is just as deadly as his range and his mage, you want to fight and kill him.

c) If you need to drink a saradomin brew or a super restore or a range potion, use the F# keyboard shortcuts to alternate from your inventory to your prayer book.

4) Once the healers come TzTok-Jad will be half health, but The healers will heal him for a considerable amount. what you must do is hit each of the healers once. Longrange attack style helps, but you can also stand close to jad and use rapid, clicking the tile directly under you after each attack to ensure you don't run into his melee range. Once they have their attention towards attack Tztok-Jad, If you see a ray of light come above TzTok-Jad he is being healed. You must draw them away from TzTok-Jad so they do not heal him. Once TzTok-jad is less than half hp you can kill the healers. I show how to trap healers, which is necessary on low defence.

Despite popular belief it IS possible to kill TzTok-Jad with melee. Doing this with melee is now quicker than with ranged assuming you're high melee stats with extremes/turmoil. In order to attempt this you must be several squares in front of TzTok-Jad and when you see him Launch either his mage or range attack, quickly switch to that prayer and run in to hit him. At this point you must pray melee after you get hit for 0, whenever he does his mage attack or range attack you will have less time to react because you are so close, but nonetheless pray accordingly. Right after you see him hit zero pray melee once again. When the healers come, it is recommended to range them. Though they are good to heal on with a saradomin godsword.

2cxgd8j.jpg

2qm0juw.jpg

Warning

Using the tactics of maneuvering TzTok-Jad into place requires you to "Off-Screen" him. This refers to not being able to see him, and using the sounds of his attacks to predict which prayer to use. You must familarize yourself with these sounds and be extra wary of his range attack which makes a sound after it his, because of this you must pray range, then when you hear his magic attack, switch to magic, but after you get hit, back to range immediately.

Below is information about how to maneuver Jad to the end of the Italy rick, which is the preferred area to kill him and to trap the healers. This is not the only way to do this. Understanding this can be complex and difficult at first, but you need to master it to be able to kill Jad efficiently on a pure, and easily on a main.

Using the information from the diagram above, there are four different locations at which ad will attack you, represented by the images of Jad on the layout. It is important to understand how to deal with each spawn in order to trap the healers effectively.

Please note you want to kill the last 360 around dot 2/3 and immediately run into the corner.

Once you are in the corner you will wait for TzTok-Jad to spawn. He will meet you in one of the four locations marked on the minimap. I have added dots 5 , 6, and 7 because they will be used as reference of where to run to depending on each scenario.

11ihgs3.jpg

If Jad does not attack you after 30 seconds or so, that means he is trapped behind one of the two rocks. The best way to tell which rock it is to run from the corner to dot 5 - wait there for about 5 seconds, and run back. If Jad still doesn't attack you it means he is trapped behind the other rock.

6ymsec.jpg

If you have concluded Jad is trapped behind the Italy rock and is indeed in spawn one, then you must maneuver him to the spot where you want to kill him - dot 2. In order to do so you need to run do dot 5 - wait there for about 5 seconds, and run back to the corner. Once Jad attacks you, run towards him and begin retaliating. He will be in the correct position to kill him and trap the healers.

b5fnuo.jpg

If Jad attacks you from dot 2, then he is already in place. dot 2 and 3 are two different spawns. dot 2 represents him against the italy rock. dot 3 is a different spawn if he is attacking you from open ground. You want him to be in dot 2 against the rock.

k0kd9w.jpg

This is one of the more tricky ones. In order to get him in place you must run to the other side of the Italy rock where dot 7 is located. Wait for him to attack you there. Once he attack you, run around him and up to the corner where you stood in during the spawn. From here the instructions will be the same - wait for him to attack you (because he will be in place and not walking anymore) and then run towards him and attack him.

n6tg0z.jpg

If you've run out to dot 2 and have concluded that Jad is not behind the Italy rock, then you must lure him out from behind the other rock. To do this run to dot 7 and continue the steps for spawn three.

t5poyd.jpg

hx1bf4.jpg

The healers have distinct patterns of spawning from North, West, South, and East. They do not spawn in the entrance corner (where you stand when jad spawns) They are not aggressive unless provoked, and can be a pain in the ass unless take care of. The picture above is where the healers will be when TzTok-Jad is in the correct position, this makes it easy, because they are trapped.

The method for killing the healers is simply not to kill them. You need only attack each once, and in the order labeled in the picture. Attack healer one once, and then two, three and four, finally hugging the italy rock so that the third and fourth healer do not sneak past TzTok-Jad and create problems.

That is about all there is to it on healers, I recommend not using Emerald bolts for jad, because if you hit one of the healers with one they may get poisoned and die prematurely, causing it to respawn and disrupt your owning of TzTok-Jad.

If you wish to kill them make sure you do so after TzTok-Jad has fallen below half life points, or they will respawn and make your task more difficult

e14368.jpg

I have compiled some other sources below which may be of help to your quest to complete the fight caves. Furthermore if you need further help, you may PM me or contact me on msn: [email protected]

Runescape Wiki fight caves articles

http://runescape.wik...iki/Fight_caves

Runescape wiki TzTok-Jad articles

http://runescape.wik.../wiki/TzTok-Jad

Thank you for reading my guide.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

needs a mention of EE and a soul wars cape, other then that, pretty good.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Got to Jad easily with like 18 doses of brew and 34 doses of super restores left...

Then didint understand which sound was for which attack at all, and just got run over by him... [bleep]ing [cabbage]. Now I'm too tired to keep going, popped some 13M into flipping and gonna go hit the sack.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. :P

my fight cave log so far:

1. panicked at Jad, got killed

2. lagged on wave 62 after taking a break, put on wrong prayer died

3. lagged on Jad got wasted

omfg, i hate it when I cant complete a goal in RS! And it's not that i can't because I dont understand or have the skills, its the [bleep]ing internet. FFS

Purekilljoy.png

• 2 weeks later...

I got a TzHaar task Monday and tried the Caves for the first time ever. I failed at the healers.

I got another TzHaar task today. I managed to get just past the healers, get them all attacking me, then Jad kept switching attacks too fast for me to switch prayers. My internet lagged its ass off for a second and the prayer didn't switch fast enough. KO. ;_;

I will try again when I get another TzHaar task. Great guide :thumbup: :thumbup:

Popedevourer.png

I'm having trouble doing jad.

I'm using full void and a rune crossbow with mith bolts(diamonds for if I actually get to jad)... rune boots and an unholy book and amulet of ranged.

Inventory is 12 sara brews, 1 range pot, and 14 super restores with last slot for diamond bolts.

My problem is that once I get to the 360s with the 90s it starts getting really hard for me. The 90s constantly hit 100s and 90s on me and it just sucks... by the time I get to wave 50 i'm nearly out of brews.

Any way to deal with the 90s without being troubled by the 360?

Stats:

fresh_zerk.png

fresh_zerk.png

Read your guide and I absolutely loved it. Great detail on how you should do everything for caves so that you don't mess up. I would put a note that when using the safe spot you recommend, you should note that depending on what safespot you use to get through the waves, there are some spots that do NOT trigger the accumulator effect of bolt retrieval. I noticed this when I went through caves 2 weeks ago and the only spot that would still collect my bolts was the northwest corner. I feel that this should be mentioned so that people that attempt caves can either bring extra bolts, or use the northwest corner for safespotting.

modjohan.jpg

l_the_seer_l.png

I am known only as The Seer. I have many names and many different forms. Cross me at your own risk, fight me at your own peril, but join me and fight by my side, and none shall stand before our power.

Owner of the Quest, Firemaking*2-12-08*, Fletching, Magic, Defense, Cooking, HP, Attack, Strength, Herblore, Summoning, Farming and Prayer Capes.

I got a TzHaar task Monday and tried the Caves for the first time ever. I failed at the healers.

I got another TzHaar task today. I managed to get just past the healers, get them all attacking me, then Jad kept switching attacks too fast for me to switch prayers. My internet lagged its ass off for a second and the prayer didn't switch fast enough. KO. ;_;

I will try again when I get another TzHaar task. Great guide :thumbup: :thumbup:

Okay well i am going to add this to the next version of the video but have had problems with my mic, i hope this pic will tide you over until then.

Look below at this picture, if you stand here you can save yourself some trouble.

Notice the yellow dot on the minimap? If that were a 360 or 90, you would run to the north side of the rock you are against to isolate the 360/90, and you would be free to fight them one at a time.

hope that made sense.

24pvrkw.jpg

• 6 months later...

Seriously consider taking out the part of you doing this for your friends in the guide. It's against the rules and is likely to get your guide taken down.

Aesthetically the guide looks amazing, information-wise its out of date. Nothing on extremes/overloads/spec restores. You mention using an SGS and Guthans which are no longer the best ways of doing it. Nothing about Dclaws to spec him out. Nothing about melee'ing the fight caves as it's easily 1/3 faster time-wise, especially once you get the hang of kiting the 360's.

Trolling by giving good advice since April 2011.

The Blog - Currently Cleaning Herbs

Bladewing.png

Thanks a lot for this, I followed this guide for my first attempt to Fire Cape, currently I am on wave 61 (logged out to take a break and eat), also thanks for explaining how logging out in the fight caves work, I didn't know before reading it.

ib7rVm.png

• 2 weeks later...

I read it in deapth, it is a very nice guide. I tried this 2 times yesterday, failed 2 times at Jad. When I switch prayer to magic like 2-3sec before the ball of fire hits me, I will get damaged. I guess I had some serverlag?

Thanks!

My lvl 138 combat blog!

35.321 to 99 prayer(25-08-2011)

Anytime I make a post even remotely mentioning rule breaking, it gets deleted within minutes. This topic has been around since 2010 and it talks about him playing on his friends accounts and doing the caves for them. :|

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

• 4 weeks later...

Using some of this guide and the deflection method and on my first try since like 2005.

I just got my first ever cape!

Stats:

80 pray

93 def

84 range

94 HP

Was on task, finished with 11 restores and 4 brews.

Winarr.png