Time for a new boss?

ghjkl

Disagree with above. There are currently very, very few (0??) updates I would consider truly high level for combat.

Agree with UNTRADABLE drops.

Some sort of monster that perhaps actually takes skill to fight or is different every time. Maybe a boss where it has been designed so that you are actually benefited by having people who use each of the combat styles on your team, instead of having everyone use the exact same gear and combat style.

If you don't think the game has content high level for combat, what's your definition of high level?

Currently the only way to get uber rich is by combat and some luck, so I think Jagex should focus on some skill related money-making for a change. Maybe still luck related, but doesn't involve combat.

Staurolite.png

Disagree with above. There are currently very, very few (0??) updates I would consider truly high level for combat.

Agree with UNTRADABLE drops.

Some sort of monster that perhaps actually takes skill to fight or is different every time. Maybe a boss where it has been designed so that you are actually benefited by having people who use each of the combat styles on your team, instead of having everyone use the exact same gear and combat style.

If you don't think the game has content high level for combat, what's your definition of high level?

Currently the only way to get uber rich is by combat and some luck, so I think Jagex should focus on some skill related money-making for a change. Maybe still luck related, but doesn't involve combat.

woox soloed corp with no armour. HE [bleep]ING RAPED IT. I'm nowhere near maxed and I can get 40 TD kills per load, like 8 kree kills, 15 zil kills, 4 bandos kills, and 3 kril kills solo. I wont even mention how easy solo DKs are. In terms of high level bosses we have none as far as I'm concerned. Corp was a step in the right direction but we need something with higher drop rates.

untradeable rewards would be very very nice.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I'm nowhere near maxed and I can get 40 TD kills per load, like 8 kree kills, 15 zil kills, 4 bandos kills, and 3 kril kills solo.

No, being level 115 or so is "nowhere near maxed", being 131 is close enough. The only reason I hate bosses these days is because if your under 120 or so, even in a group you are guaranteed to get [bleep]ing raped if your crashed by a 135+ or multiple. If they made some worlds "Instanced" I would support more bosses, but at the moment it's too messed up. I was at Bandos a few months back, 3 were 125 combat, I was 115 (Since my 99 Def warrants me as the meat shield) We were crashed by ONE obnoxious 135 who chose to crash us just for the sake of being a [bleep]er instead of going to a world where there isn't lootshare etc.

Basically my point is fix the current boss fighting system before you go throwing more in.

As for untradable rewards, that I'll always support because it can't be manipulated or hoarded.

Popoto.~<3

I'm nowhere near maxed and I can get 40 TD kills per load, like 8 kree kills, 15 zil kills, 4 bandos kills, and 3 kril kills solo.

No, being level 115 or so is "nowhere near maxed", being 131 is close enough. The only reason I hate bosses these days is because if your under 120 or so, even in a group you are guaranteed to get [bleep]ing raped if your crashed by a 135+ or multiple. If they made some worlds "Instanced" I would support more bosses, but at the moment it's too messed up. I was at Bandos a few months back, 3 were 125 combat, I was 115 (Since my 99 Def warrants me as the meat shield) We were crashed by ONE obnoxious 135 who chose to crash us just for the sake of being a [bleep]er instead of going to a world where there isn't lootshare etc.

Basically my point is fix the current boss fighting system before you go throwing more in.

As for untradable rewards, that I'll always support because it can't be manipulated or hoarded.

and the 4 of you were losing kills to this one 135? were you killing bandos with bronze daggers? what the hell..

I have no yak, no max melee, no extremes, no turmoil and pretty [cabbage]y gear.

33.5m xp to maxed cb stats, 38.5m to maxed cb stats+ovls, Id call that nowhere near maxed.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

There is no need for a new boss, most players can't fight Corp, go GWD etc. You should not forget that most of you have (very) high cb and total levels but that you are just a very very small % of the entire runescape population.

When I walk around in my homeworld I hardly ever see people with 115- combat these days.

And if high combats really are a small % of the entire runescape population, the lower combat levels get something to aim for with a new boss.

Possibilities I can think of:

- The unopened door at Godwars.

- Kalphite King.

- The promised out-of-Daemonheim dungeoneering monsters.

- Or they could add rare drops to existing drop tables if they are lazy.......

The idea of a dragon defender sounds really cool!

There is no need for a new boss, most players can't fight Corp, go GWD etc. You should not forget that most of you have (very) high cb and total levels but that you are just a very very small % of the entire runescape population.

When I walk around in my homeworld I hardly ever see people with 115- combat these days.

And if high combats really are a small % of the entire runescape population, the lower combat levels get something to aim for with a new boss.

Possibilities I can think of:

- The unopened door at Godwars.

- Kalphite King.

- The promised out-of-Daemonheim dungeoneering monsters.

- Or they could add rare drops to existing drop tables if they are lazy.......

The idea of a dragon defender sounds really cool!

You probably see alot of high level players because either you do alot of high level stuff (boss hunting?) or your friends are high levels + there are more high level players in p2p. Also, the argument that low level players have something to aim for fails epicly, because they already have the bosses to aim for, they dont need any new ones, thats the whole point...

Ares_Artemis.png

Actually, there are more players becoming high-level than there are new players entering the game. There's a huge number of players with maxed total. Those players have dumped tons of money into Jagex and are unable to fully utilize their skills outside of dungeoneering.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Actually, there are more players becoming high-level than there are new players entering the game. There's a huge number of players with maxed total. Those players have dumped tons of money into Jagex and are unable to fully utilize their skills outside of dungeoneering.

how many % of total players has maxed total? I bet it's less than 1%

I do agree with you that they payed quite some money wich means they should get something back for it, but they cant expect jagex to release high level content only.

Ares_Artemis.png

Call me short sighted--and I'm sure I will be--but will untradable rewards really be such a saving grace? People boss hunt to make money, not gather untradable goodies. It would have minimal impact on the economy that way, yes, but people would not be pleased with it. I don't think that when they cry, "We need a new boss monster" that they care very much of their impact on the economy at lage, but rather their bank accounts.

Another fast cash maker, since all the worlds around are currently packed to the gills, is all people want.

hzvjpwS.gif

just something i feal i should add, does a boss monster need a specal drop like spirit shields or fire cape? cant we just have a boss monster that simply profits without super rare, super exspensive drops?

think mole, nuthing of much worth, lots of constant drops of minour value.

ok with that out of the way, a boss monster that is weak to mage but strong to melee would be liked by many people.

lastly, if a new super boss came out, imho it should be plainly un-soloable, not soo strong that its suiside, just simply cant be done. idk how, someting such as waterbirth 2 ppl doors or maybe some strange efect, maybe one player needs to do something while the other attacks it.

as for needing a new boss and not what it should be.

yes.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

You probably see alot of high level players because either you do alot of high level stuff (boss hunting?) or your friends are high levels + there are more high level players in p2p. Also, the argument that low level players have something to aim for fails epicly, because they already have the bosses to aim for, they dont need any new ones, thats the whole point...

I'm not that much of a bosshunter, but yes, I'm not slaying goblins most of my time. :smile:

My thoughts could be biased but spending my time in Edgeville these days crafting, I rarely see a 115-cb. (I'm not in the 1500+ world btw)

Second part is true, but my statement still stands, they would have something extra to aim for. :wink: What is a better incentive then a cool new boss with a nice drop and epic graphics.

It has been two years since the last boss. Do the people who could take on the last boss from the start really need to stay at the same bosses for that long?

BTW: I don't know what you call high lvl but with your stats you can easily boss hunt.

An update for high levels is an update that gives low levels something to work for. There's already so much content for low-mid level players that they are high level before they even have the chance to try it all. Elite level combat players have been neglected of an update for a long time - if Jagex keeps releasing new prayers, potions, armour, weapons... we need a place to use them. End-game content is a huge part of MMOs... there will always be more and people maxing out. The existing ones are just ridiculously easy now - I can solo 30+ of pretty much every boss in one trip.

We have plenty of Bosses as it is. First thing's first is work on the skills so that the game isn't dominated by Boss Fighting alone. High levels have ENOUGH updates now.

There are sooo few high level updates its laughable. How about high level slayer monsters. 93 isn't high.

And skilling isn't supposed to make as much as MH. There is no risk in skilling.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

We have plenty of Bosses as it is. First thing's first is work on the skills so that the game isn't dominated by Boss Fighting alone. High levels have ENOUGH updates now.

There are sooo few high level updates its laughable. How about high level slayer monsters. 93 isn't high.

And skilling isn't supposed to make as much as MH. There is no risk in skilling.

Around 1.350.000 people have ranked slayer wich is level 30+ (?). Lets make this 100% of the entire runescape slayer population (wich actualy has more members because everyone with 29 or below is not counted).

22575 people have level 93 slayer or above. (22575 / 1.350.000) x 100 = 1.67% --> This means only 1.67% of the runescape slayer population would have acces to that 93 slayer monster, dont you think that is a little bit ridiculous?

You are saying that 93 slayer isn't high, so what do you consider high? level 99? not even 1% of the population has level 99 slayer ((10227/1.350.000)x100=0.76%). The amount of people that has 93 slayer or even 99 slayer is so small compared to the total amount of players that it's logical there is 'not enough' 'high level' content. What is the use for Jagex to release 'high level' content if only 1% of the slayer population (and even less of the entire members population) can enjoy it. Most of the p2p players are not even close.

I'm not saying that Jagex should not release high level content, but the problem is that it are the high level players who have united here on tip.it forums so it seems there are loads of people who want high level content. The fact is that you are only a very very small % of the entire rs population. You should not forget that.

Ares_Artemis.png

Around 1.350.000 people have ranked slayer wich is level 30+ (?). Lets make this 100% of the entire runescape slayer population (wich actualy has more members because everyone with 29 or below is not counted).

22575 people have level 93 slayer or above. (22575 / 1.350.000) x 100 = 1.67% --> This means only 1.67% of the runescape slayer population would have acces to that 93 slayer monster, dont you think that is a little bit ridiculous?

You are saying that 93 slayer isn't high, so what do you consider high? level 99? not even 1% of the population has level 99 slayer ((10227/1.350.000)x100=0.76%). The amount of people that has 93 slayer or even 99 slayer is so small compared to the total amount of players that it's logical there is 'not enough' 'high level' content. What is the use for Jagex to release 'high level' content if only 1% of the slayer population (and even less of the entire members population) can enjoy it. Most of the p2p players are not even close.

I'm not saying that Jagex should not release high level content, but the problem is that it are the high level players who have united here on tip.it forums so it seems there are loads of people who want high level content. The fact is that you are only a very very small % of the entire rs population. You should not forget that.

But the thing is...

Let me start off by saying that what I think is high level is 2000+ total level. I'm not there yet, I'm probably a high-midlevel player. I can't do a lot of high-level content. Do you know why I don't care? I haven't done all the mid-level content either! And judging by your quest points I'd say you haven't done it all as well. High level content gives me goals and stuff to reach for. Jagex should make this game for dedicated, not lazy, players.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

The problem is LOW level members like you get most of the updates.

The point isn't that few people have high slayer, its that there is NO content for the few who do.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

The point isn't that few people have high slayer, its that there is NO content for the few who do.

First, lower level content CAN be used by high level players while high level content CAN'T be used by lower level players, this is very important because now it sounds like every lower level update is for lower level players only.

Second, ofcourse it's logical lower levels get more updates, but that's because they make up around 90-99% of the population. It would be strange if most updates were for a very select group of players.

Third, when you reach 99 in a skill, you have actually 'finished' that skill, you've reached the highest level. For really new content you should move on to the next skill. Ofcourse Jagex should release some new stuff for those very high levels and some end game content, but they should mainly focus on other things like quests etc.

Edit: I forgot to react on MstrMonopoly:

First off, my QP's are not up to date, it's somewhere around 180 now :mrgreen:

You are assuming that lower level players are lazy and only high level players are dedicated? Then how did those high level players become high level players? Just like that?

Also, high level content does have to uses, just to be used by high level players and to serve as a motivator for lower level players. Does that mean jagex should add loads of high level content to keep a small group of players statisfied and to motivate the lower level players? I dont think so, I want that the game is play is fun because what I do at that moment is fun, not because what I can do in the future is fun. Thats why jagex should update mid range content to keep the game 'playable' and fun.

Ares_Artemis.png

First, lower level content CAN be used by high level players while high level content CAN'T be used by lower level players, this is very important because now it sounds like every lower level update is for lower level players only.

Second, ofcourse it's logical lower levels get more updates, but that's because they make up around 90-99% of the population. It would be strange if most updates were for a very select group of players.

Third, when you reach 99 in a skill, you have actually 'finished' that skill, you've reached the highest level. For really new content you should move on to the next skill. Ofcourse Jagex should release some new stuff for those very high levels and some end game content, but they should mainly focus on other things like quests etc.

low level content is general not useful to higher levels however.

DM0Yq2c.png