Quiet Before the Swarm 24-Jun-2010 & Free to play quest changes

Toad

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloody hell, here I was thinking "YES THEY FIXED DEFLECT BEST UPDATE EVER" and did a large dungeon in celebration. Then comes the facepalm.

I hope they can hot fix it without rollback >.>, I mean I will understand it if it is the only choice, but I still want to strangle a small furry woodland animal for wasting 1 hour of my life.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Quest guide:

1) Speak to Sir Tiffy in Falador park

2) Sir Tiffy has heard reports of a pest south of Falador and asks you to goto the Void Knight Outpost to see if any have escaped.

3) Speak to Commodore Matthias in the most north eastern building on the island, He'll tell you that there's no chance of a pest escaping but that if we insist we should speak to Captain Tyr.

4) Speak to Captain Tyr and he'll say it's unlikely that any escaped but ispossible and asks for you to speak to 9 people on the east side of the island. (See list a)

5) After Speaking to the 9 people go back to Captain Tyr and you'll summarise what you were told, you're then asked to think about what you heard and figure out how had access to the pests and a reason to do it.

6) Speak to Jessika and confront her about the crime, she'll deny it so go speak to Captain Tyr about your suspisians and he'll ask for you to talk to the Commodore

7) Speak to Commodore Matthias and you'll enter a cutscene, afterwards you'll have to enter Jessika's mind and see her memories to determine if she really did let the pest go.

8) You are presented with a 3x3 sliding puzzle, all the pieces of a border on them so their location should be fairly obvious. Upon completion you confirm that Jessika was the one responsible.

9) Following another cutscene you'll be asked to report back to Sir Tiffy with your findings. Yet another Cutscene will follow and you'll find a confused Korasi at Port Sarim docks who is then teleported to the Temple Knight Headquarters for safety. Despoist all your items and equipment and speak to Sir Tiffy to be teleported there yourself.

10) Speak to Korasi and ask her about what happened, she says she doesn't remember so once again you'll have to enter her mind to see her memories.

11) Once inside speak to the person in the toll both and ask what you have to do. You have to help the Void Knights cross the bridge. The bridge is only strong enough to carry two at a time. You have a sword and whoever crosses must have the sword to defend from the pests. Each knight has a different "weight" based on the memories Korasi has of them, the heavier of the knights is the "toll" paid to cross the bridge. Go over 15 and it collpases. (See b and c)

12) Upon completing this puzzle you'll be faced with another one. This time you have to listen to each persons facts and then assign them a place on the ship, what they were thinking about and what they saw. (See d)

13) After finishing this puzzle you'll find yourself in control of Korasi, kill the Pest in front of you then go up the ladder. You'll find the ship overrun with pests! Kill the shifter as the rest of the knights fight, upon killing the sifter everyone on the ship will die and another cutscene will take place. Matthias will be fighting a mysterious figure and as he's about to die he'll teleport you (Korasi) to the docks which is where you found her earlier.

14) You'll then be out of Korasi's memory and back at the Temple Knight Head quarters so speak to Korasi and she'll remember everything, Sir Tiffy says you need to speak to Tyr about what happened. Return to the Void Knight Outpost and speak to Tyr to finish the quest.

a) List of People you need to speak to

Knight Diana

Knight Bernard

Knight Ami

Jessika

Squire Sam

Mariah

Terry Gord

Mrs Gord

Knight Mikhal

B) Weight for bridge puzzle

You = 1

Berard = 2

Ami = 5

Diana = 8

c) Solution for bridge puzzle

Bernard + You

You

Ami + Diana

Bernard

Bernard + You

d) Solution for final puzzle

Matthias - Helm - Thinking about Jessika - Clouds

Korasi - Hold - Promotion - Pest

Diana - Deck - Fighting - Seagulls

Bernard - Crow's nest - Lunch - Seaweed

Ami - Rigging - Sister - Shark

Reward - 1 Quest Point - 4,000 Attack, 4,900 Strength, 1 Void Knight Seal

*squeals* I have a suspicion over a certain character from this quest and it will definitely make things very interesting!!! Hope I'm right, it'll be a nice way to rope in this character :D

Jagex seriously needs to roll back now, no one should be allowed to make such drastic profits and eff up this economy even further.

I don't actually think there will be a rollback simply because it is much easier to fix items than exp. Jagex has stated they cannot decrease exp of people's accounts, that is why they did a rollback like 2 minutes after the rc glitch, I believe(and hope) they can do something without do a rollback because it is like what...2 hours after the update?

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Rollback is the only option, people have already sold tonnes of boots (you can put the boots at bottom of inv put once mouse button and mouse key sell 100 or so per second). so making them untradeable or sellable is too late.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

The way I see it there are 3 options:

1. Rollback. Sure, a lot of people are gonna be pissed off, but it would fix all of the problems. It would still cause a huge backlash however.

2. Do nothing. This would cause the economy to plunge into chaos. I don't think that would be wise either

3. QUICKLY CHANGE IT BACK NOW. Either change the price back to what it was, or make the boots untradeable. Sure, there would still be a little bit of damage caused by the people who alched 1k of the boots or so, but it would not cause the backlash that a rollback would, and it would not [bleep] up the economy.

In any case, they'd better make a decision soon. Every second they wait is a second that ruins the economy.

EDIT: Didn't realise you could sell 100 at a time to the shop :/. This rollback is going to happen

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

Jagex must be Guthixians, one good update + one bad update = game balance

:rolleyes:

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

The way I see it there are 3 options:

1. Rollback. Sure, a lot of people are gonna be pissed off, but it would fix all of the problems. It would still cause a huge backlash however.

2. Do nothing. This would cause the economy to plunge into chaos. I don't think that would be wise either

3. QUICKLY CHANGE IT BACK NOW. Either change the price back to what it was, or make the boots untradeable. Sure, there would still be a little bit of damage caused by the people who alched 1k of the boots or so, but it would not cause the backlash that a rollback would, and it would not [bleep] up the economy.

In any case, they'd better make a decision soon. Every second they wait is a second that ruins the economy.

EDIT: Didn't realise you could sell 100 at a time to the shop :/. This rollback is going to happen

If i sell airs in dungeoneering for some quick cash to the smuggler with mouse keys I can sell 200-350 per second if i spam press 5 on my keyboard :P

Geez, what happened?

Just went to take a nap for like 2 hours, woke up and I see that the Runescape Economy just screwed up. Gotta tell my friends in the morning about this. <_<

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

Sounds like they messed up sligthly, but I don't think they need to rollback this one. It's enough to just be fast, and change the alch/sell price to be closer to zero. There's not too many people that earned on this update yet anyway.

I don't think you understand, people have alched 1-2k of them

that's 45m into the economy.

It's not really worth it to alch them atm because that's too slow. Selling to store can be up to a million of them an hour for 22.5k ea. If this is not somehow changed back, do prepare to buy items and not have gold.(ie. invest in rares, armor)

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Some said Mod Mark claimed there aren't many boots out there (well, not anymore perhaps).

If that's true, he should work for BP instead of Jagex.

Another way to fix this is them dumping lots of rares, armour, resources, ... in the GE.

But like they'll do that.

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

Even if not including the 10k+ hordes.

Just having 250 is over a 11 million gp.

Donno about you but I stock plenty of random worthless stuff over 200. And that isnt even collecting them o_0

Then people who semi-collect kinda or horde for use. So maybe 1k of them.

Then the actual collectors... 10k+ of them.

Ouch.

25 is over a million lol.

I dont care if I have to do that lousy quest again that just isnt acceptable.

Some said Mod Mark claimed there aren't many boots out there (well, not anymore perhaps).

If that's true, he should work for BP instead of Jagex.

His clan chat has been full for 10 or so minutes (not my image)

100624100711.png

Well...Mark is kinda right, most people have like 10 pairs of them max, I have about 20 pairs of them because of my clan. But the economic damage that will be done just with the pker's boots is...unimaginable.

11-1.jpg[