Rock climbing boots affecting RuneScape

Leoo

It effected the GE for one day, then everything was back to normal. Like a Jmod said, the worth of ALL climbing boots in the game is less than the GP created in Runescape every day.

mahasig95magicho6.gif

Proud co-leader of the Mayhem Makers, Runescape's best pure pking clan

Combat 97 - Str 99 - Att 93 - Hits 97 - Pray 52 - Ranged 95 - Magic 99

I Mahatma I - Thanks Misterxman for the great sig

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It effected the GE for one day, then everything was back to normal. Like a Jmod said, the worth of ALL climbing boots in the game is less than the GP created in Runescape every day.

sure, mathematically climbing boots are insignificant, but players still get ticked off on the principle of how that GP was introduced.

It's just how humans are wired. Jagex should have accounted for that, because ultimately they can't change how humans think, so they should just live with it, instead of ignore it.

Naaxi.png

If there was or wasn't a leak, it doesn't really matter to much, especially in the long term of the economy.

The old climbing boots shop had a stock of 20 that took almost a day to go back to maximum stock. Even if a select few players knew about the update a week ahead of time, at most they could buy from their own stocks a hundred or so boots.

Boots were not really buy-able on GE (one reason for this whole update), so we know the people didn't get any from there either. The only way they could of gotten a hold of more boots is player to player trades. And player to player trades didn't really "create" any boots, it just transferred them from a player to a player.

Not only would the people who had the heads up need time to gather enough boots for it to matter, but they also had to have a serious cash pile and/or "rare" items to persuade other players to actually trade them the boots. Unless they knew about the update several weeks in advance (which is highly unlikely at the rate RS rumors spread), then IF players had inside info it still wouldn't of mattered.

All this would of done is transfer boots from a player who already had a bunch to sell, and would have gotten all that GP from the update anyways.

Boots were easily buyable in ge mate. I usually got them instantly.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Boots were easily buyable in ge mate. I usually got them instantly.

Odd, because when I had a pure of mine as a member, I wanted some of the boots and I ended up waiting days for the 10 I had offers for to buy.

(Had a pair from before so didnt have a rush in getting them anyway.)

Well you can't see it anymore, but climbing boots were bought out at one point. That would explain why you were unable to buy them, and also could provide an explanation for how some players got thousands of pairs (buying post dump to hoard for the next buyout).

Yea its kinda like that whole frank grimes thing in the simpsons.

It doesnt effect you/him in any way, but it still annoys people.

O.O