Due to the significant updates that have taken place, you now need to login with your display name or e-mail address, NOT your login name. ×
Due to posts that are 5+ years old being rebuilt, some of the older BBCodes may not have converted properly but still be in the post. Most posts are unaffected but some using what was our custom BBCode (like [spoiler]) will be a bit broken. ×
Leoo

Rock climbing boots affecting RuneScape

A few Pmods have loose lips (Must take after the Jmods), and this was leaked from the Player Moderator forums. I just thought it was cute.

Climbing Boots Leak

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

P Mod: There's been a ton of rumors circulating around the net about a possible leak regarding the climbing boots update. Players have been claiming people made hundreds of millions of GP off it. It's been a huge problem in Mod MMG's clan chat.

Mod Calm: There was one confirmed minor leak, unfortunately. A staff member from the community management team had, according to what I know so far, given certain players prior notice to the update, who in turn told some of their friends. This is currently under investigation.

P Mod 2: So what should we tell other players if they ask us about this?

Mod Calm: Try to ignore the subject.

P Mod 2: The persistent players?

Mod Calm: You can tell them there were no leaks.

P Mod 3: I've seen a couple videos where players showcase over 100k boots. Are they actually real?

Mod Calm: Most of them are not. The highest amount of boots we've seen on a single account is roughly 91k.

P Mod: Will the players who bought out climbing boots before the update be banned?

Mod Calm: Nope.

I have some friends who will screenie it shortly.

Just thought I would open up a whole new can of worms for you all to feast on. It's from their routine Pmod In-game meeting surgeries.

Great.

If they knew these figures beforehand, why did they let the update slip through. Talk about incompetence...

And the whole coverup afterwards, good job lieing and deceiving.

EDIT: where are the screenshots?

Yea this isn't believable till pics are provided.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

Well according to my friend who went combing through the PMod forums looking for this, he says that that tidbit of information is not/no longer there. So it was either removed due to the fact that Jagex knew someone spilled the beans about it and told people, or the second hand information I received from a different mod friend is false. So at this point there won't be a screenshot provided at all, as the only way there could be one now is if someone either took it before the info was removed (assuming it was there to begin with), or someone would fake it.

So really it's up to your own judgement now on this one. I personally don't have any faith in Jagex anymore in terms of honesty, what with their history of secrecy, and horrific track record.

I'm inclined to think it's prbably fake -- why would your second mod friend go to the trouble of copying and pasting the entire thing into script format when a simple print-screen would be both easier and more believable?

If you're trying to fake from scratch, however, a script is obviously much easier to do.

I have a couple of friends who are Player Mods, but who I don't think are loyal sycophants, so they would probably have been openly critical of this.

This probably doesn't matter the slightest to most of you, but if the person who leaked this was in the community management team, then his/her name is most certainly James C, since he/she is the only one not in that team anymore. Having a name on the sinner will make some of you able to sleep I hope. See, me being really offended by this un-needed update from Jagex, and even ragequitting due to it, used my superior stalkish skills to find out who worked for Jagex at the night of the update (it's on their website, wasn't too hard to find). I then saved that list in Word and compared it to the current staff of today, July 12th. There have been several persons quitting/getting sacked in this short time, so it seems this update did effect Jagex after all. :)

Ice you're a super-sleuth

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

I am not saying that mod post is not true but it probably should not be believed until atleast some effort is put into proving it.

I doubt a jagex would admit to their mistakes even non directly like that.(Biggest clue. :wink: ) Even less likely to admit to a mod leak. Even MORE unlikely to suggest players covering it up...?

..Nah. However it is possible some idiot employee did post it. Just there aint no proof in any for form. Anyone could of wrote it.. Very convenient its on a fmod section and probably vanished now I presume.

Tbh they do need to admit to mistakes but if a 'leak' did happen then perhaps thats an internal problem anyway idk.

VMeh BlogV >Miscellaneous Goals<

bazzaminxer.png

I thought it was funny seeing how the Jmods dont communitcate well. MMG said the largest amount of boots he saw on an account was <3k. Another mod said he saw 91k. One mod says there is a leak, one mod denies it.

LOL

If there was or wasn't a leak, it doesn't really matter to much, especially in the long term of the economy.

The old climbing boots shop had a stock of 20 that took almost a day to go back to maximum stock. Even if a select few players knew about the update a week ahead of time, at most they could buy from their own stocks a hundred or so boots.

Boots were not really buy-able on GE (one reason for this whole update), so we know the people didn't get any from there either. The only way they could of gotten a hold of more boots is player to player trades. And player to player trades didn't really "create" any boots, it just transferred them from a player to a player.

Not only would the people who had the heads up need time to gather enough boots for it to matter, but they also had to have a serious cash pile and/or "rare" items to persuade other players to actually trade them the boots. Unless they knew about the update several weeks in advance (which is highly unlikely at the rate RS rumors spread), then IF players had inside info it still wouldn't of mattered.

All this would of done is transfer boots from a player who already had a bunch to sell, and would have gotten all that GP from the update anyways.

It effected the GE for one day, then everything was back to normal. Like a Jmod said, the worth of ALL climbing boots in the game is less than the GP created in Runescape every day.

mahasig95magicho6.gif

Proud co-leader of the Mayhem Makers, Runescape's best pure pking clan

Combat 97 - Str 99 - Att 93 - Hits 97 - Pray 52 - Ranged 95 - Magic 99

I Mahatma I - Thanks Misterxman for the great sig

It effected the GE for one day, then everything was back to normal. Like a Jmod said, the worth of ALL climbing boots in the game is less than the GP created in Runescape every day.

sure, mathematically climbing boots are insignificant, but players still get ticked off on the principle of how that GP was introduced.

It's just how humans are wired. Jagex should have accounted for that, because ultimately they can't change how humans think, so they should just live with it, instead of ignore it.

Naaxi.png

If there was or wasn't a leak, it doesn't really matter to much, especially in the long term of the economy.

The old climbing boots shop had a stock of 20 that took almost a day to go back to maximum stock. Even if a select few players knew about the update a week ahead of time, at most they could buy from their own stocks a hundred or so boots.

Boots were not really buy-able on GE (one reason for this whole update), so we know the people didn't get any from there either. The only way they could of gotten a hold of more boots is player to player trades. And player to player trades didn't really "create" any boots, it just transferred them from a player to a player.

Not only would the people who had the heads up need time to gather enough boots for it to matter, but they also had to have a serious cash pile and/or "rare" items to persuade other players to actually trade them the boots. Unless they knew about the update several weeks in advance (which is highly unlikely at the rate RS rumors spread), then IF players had inside info it still wouldn't of mattered.

All this would of done is transfer boots from a player who already had a bunch to sell, and would have gotten all that GP from the update anyways.

Boots were easily buyable in ge mate. I usually got them instantly.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Boots were easily buyable in ge mate. I usually got them instantly.

Odd, because when I had a pure of mine as a member, I wanted some of the boots and I ended up waiting days for the 10 I had offers for to buy.

(Had a pair from before so didnt have a rush in getting them anyway.)

Well you can't see it anymore, but climbing boots were bought out at one point. That would explain why you were unable to buy them, and also could provide an explanation for how some players got thousands of pairs (buying post dump to hoard for the next buyout).

Yea its kinda like that whole frank grimes thing in the simpsons.

It doesnt effect you/him in any way, but it still annoys people.

O.O