Tip.it Now Rated as Platinum Fansite!

InfamousDuck

It's quite clear to me the level of strictness of modding is the choice of tip.it (rather than because Jagex has told them to act this way) and if people don't like it they've chosen the wrong forums.

That is a great way of putting it. We do what we think is best for the community and the site as a whole going off what people suggest (in the proper way).

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only are the congratulations coming in rather half-heartedly, but I still don't understand the point of having a platinum status, or any ranking to be honest. The 'exclusive art' are concept art of OLD content (except for that few future-related art we got ages ago), the interviews with Jagex staff barely answer anything that we really want answered, and....what kind of 'helping hand' are they offering to tip.t admin?

It's more like Jagex staff needing our help with decision making. Climber boots ftw. :rolleyes:

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

Current state of the community:

Before platinum: JAGEX ARE IDIOTS WHY IS TIP.IT SILVER AND RHQ PLATINUM WTF?!

After platinum: TIP.IT SUCKS UP MAJOR [cake]

OT: Congratulations ^_^

Tip.It deserved it.

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

Current state of the community:

Before platinum: JAGEX ARE IDIOTS RHQ WTF?

After platinum: TIP.IT SUCKS UP MAJOR [cake]

OT: Congratulations ^_^

Tip.It deserved it.

congrats, you just summed up the entire rs community :thumbup:

grats to tip it, shouldnt of taken so long...

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

I'm unimpressed, but I've made that clear in previous topics about this so I won't go into it here.

Congrats I guess.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I'm unimpressed, but I've made that clear in previous topics about this so I won't go into it here.

Congrats I guess.

Want to explain exactly what's bad about this?

I've seen lots of people complain about this but no one has provided a reason what's wrong with it.

Congrats I guess.

I've seen lots of people complain about this but no one has provided a reason what's wrong with it.

You let Jagex dictate site decisions in return for concept art. There you go. :thumbup:

To all you disgruntled teenagers: if you hate Tip.it so much, why do you visit it so often? Surely it can't be healthy to frequently visit a place you loathe.

I am confused about that too. I really don't see how this affects Tip.it in a negative way. Unless you enjoy seeing adverts for other games?

j0xPu5R.png

Congrats I guess.

Unimpressive and bad are two entirely different things. I just don't see why a few concept images every few months is something to be excited about. There's still no real Jagex involvement, nothing is being provided that we wouldn't eventually see. All we're really getting as of now is the ability to say the name of a fansite that's been pretty damn dedicated to Runescape since the game's inception. It's kind of annoying that the reward for the hard work that you guys (the mods, admins, crew, etc) have put in over the years is to be banned or muted for mentioning the name of the site.

Maybe it's because I don't play Runescape, but it seems like a pretty [cabbage]ty reward to me.

That's my best explanation as to why I'm personally underwhelmed by the "platinum ranking", without mentioning the whole advertising thing that Jagex had Tip.it do, since I've heard plenty of times that it was of no consequence to the site.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Congrats I guess.

You let Jagex dictate site decisions in return for concept art. There you go. :thumbup:

What site decisions have they dictated? They asked us to remove game ads, which is no big deal at all and effects nothing.

Congrats I guess.

And how about giving us a reason why Jagex wants other game adverts removed?

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

Congrats I guess.

We changed an advertising structure that was desperately in need of attention for some small benefits, such as not being filtered ingame. No other decisions were made because of something Jagex said. As tripsis said, this barely affects anyone at all, unless you regularly enjoyed viewing our competitor ads that came into rotation every blue moon. I'm not sure what else I can say to people who continue to ignore the facts and draw their own conclusions about what really happened. Tripsis and I have both posted tons of information on the specifics of this already - theres' really nothing more to do than start repeating myself over and over again.

1.png
generic_signature.png

Congrats I guess.

Hmmm so someone after reading this thread actually went and made a account criticising Tip.it just to post unsupported crap. Are you that sad that you couldn't post it with your own account even though the admins could just match IP address. I don't see why everyone has to rant so much over this, what are the disadvantages? I'm not saying I agree with everything for instance I think we should be allowed to discuss leaks but the majority are beneficial if anything for instance instead of being encouraged to play WOW I now can find out how to get ripped in 4 weeks :P

Runescape - Currently In-active and a cancelled membership due to a broken computer and a cabbage laptop!

2xBarrowsReward

1600SkillTotalReached|08/05/2010

(Previously 'Darkknightider', wow that was a bad name :p)

Here's how I see the situation concerning Jagex, fan sites, and game adverts. It's like a paranoid boyfriend telling his girlfriend that she cannot talk to her guy friends and that she can only have his number in her cellphone because he's worried that she may cheat on him (even though this is unfounded).

Jagex is seriously worried that they will lose revenue if we go play other MMO games. :roll:

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Personally I use Adblock so its really of no concern to me. But from what I remember, more than just ads for other games would pop up. Keeping the ads here exclusive to Runescape is almost like an infinitely better filter for the horrible things that could show up in that Google ad bar. Aside from that, the staff has already explained itself in a very reasonable way, anyone still taking jabs at them clearly hasn't read the thread, and apparently has no intention of doing so.

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

Should have happened much earlier, but at least they got around to recognizing some of the Community.

I can definitely understand the Ad "situation", I wouldn't want to see people sell Boston shirts at a Yankees game, so I can get where they wouldn't appreciate a dedicated fan site, intentionally or not, advertising another game. Now if removing the ads detracted from Tip.it, then I could see a valid argument. But I've seen the other gaming ads numerous times, and I didn't want to see them and I'm sure admins didn't either. So it's a win for everybody, we remove something we wanted gone in the first place, and receive Jagex incentives.

I'm more impressed with the recognition than the Jagex perks, but hey, golf claps all around.

Jusaplaya.png

"We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way."

-Gen. George S. Patton

No more evony ads? I support. :mrgreen::thumbup:

Those are the only ads for other games that I remember... :P

What does being platinum instead of silver or gold really do though?

I would guess that if Tip.it were already on a list of fansites, then it was already listed to anyone it would matter to, meaning that we probably shouldn't see a large increase in newcomers.

of92qg.png

?? :(

2dgucz6.png

I don't really use tip.it much anymore, I prefer zybez for most things apart from the bestiary and the treasure trail help page, but I can see why you did this, all for good reasons.

However, it is slightly hypocritical when Jagex advertises other games on their own websites.

I hope you won't bend over in future in return for a continued platinum status though(not that I think you will, as you seem like smart people)

Also, how has Sals Realm got Platinum status, that site is very amateurish, looks like it was designed in paint. Their forums are an eyesore too.

No more evony ads? I support. :mrgreen::thumbup:

Those are the only ads for other games that I remember... :P

What does being platinum instead of silver or gold really do though?

I would guess that if Tip.it were already on a list of fansites, then it was already listed to anyone it would matter to, meaning that we probably shouldn't see a large increase in newcomers.

of92qg.png

?? :(

If that ad was found on this site/forums then it should be reported to Report bad ads here. There will inevitably be ads that will still show up on Tip.it and that is why the thread (Report bad ads here) is still in the Website Discussion forum.

howlin1eeveesig.png