Dragon Defender confirmed.

CrashJordan

Any guesses for the stats?

i'd predict 30/29/28 stab/slash/crush attack/def and 7 str, but whatever they are, this will be a very sought after item for anything you plan to do. This will also make cls far worse off than cr than it is now.

As for how to get it, 500k tokens for it along with dungB2 release would be sweet.

5m exp worth of tokens for a defender when the weapons are only 200k. You just went full [developmentally delayed]ed.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only way I could see this failing is either making it tradable, or xpx's idea. If it was untradable then it would actually be usable and obtainable, unlike most of the other dragon items that are useful.

[hide=99s]47,297th to 99 Attack, 12/10/08
47,898th to 99 Hitpoints, 3/29/09
78,286th to 99 Strength, 4/5/09
36,125th to 99 Range, 6/7/09, 12:30 in the morning.
70,280th to 99 Defence, 4/16/10
67,781st to 99 Magic, 8/13/10
Somethingth to 99 Slayer on some day during the Summer (I forgot to write it down)
169,099th to 99 Cooking , 4/9/11
Idk what to 99 fm at some point
Idk what to 99 prayer on 1/28/2012

?? 99 thieving 12/30/2015

?? 99 herblore 1/2/2016, ?? 99 dungeoneering 9/5/2016[/hide]

s2k10n.png

Even if it's a dumb story, telling it changes other people just the slightest little bit, just as living the story changes me. An infinitesimal change. And that infinitesimal change ripples outward-ever smaller but everlasting. I will get forgotten, but the stories will last. And so we all matter-maybe less than a lot, but always more than none.

-John Green (An Abundance of Katherines)

Why would they make the Dragon Defender tradeable when the others aren't? That idea makes no sense to me.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

One more can't hurt, it truly expresses how much I want this...

fkd1j7.jpg

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

Why would they make the Dragon Defender tradeable when the others aren't? That idea makes no sense to me.

Has anything else that Jagex has done recently made sense?

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

So I don't feel left out.

do_want.jpg

I've always thought defenders should have a chance to do small amounts of damage when they defend just because of they way they are shaped. They're basically daggers so when you defend yourself with one it should hurt the attacker slightly. I think it would be a cool add on if they did this, maybe have a chance to hit for 0-50 lp everytime you get hit? Just a thought

clansig7.gif

Perhaps the dragon defender will come in pieces. The pieces are tradable, but putting it together requires the completion of a quest/having a rune defender.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

Perhaps the dragon defender will come in pieces. The pieces are tradable, but putting it together requires the completion of a quest/having a rune defender.

And the pieces would be bought out by merchant clans the first day it comes out.

Really, the only way that the DF would work (if it was tradable) is if it was sold in a shop after completing a quest, much like how the dragon battle axe is sold in the Heroes' Guild after finishing the quest of the same name. Otherwise, it would only be bought out, and thousands of players wouldn't be able to even enjoy the content because some douchebags decided to ruin the fun for everyone else.

Lately, Jagex has been too quick to make every new item a monster drop (I suppose it's the easiest thing to do for them), but quite frankly, that's what is ruining the game. Not many people care about playing the game anymore. Instead, it's only about getting as many GPs as you can possibly obtain.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

oh my god, finally

Maybe then you can replace your ancient avatar with a collection of dragon defenders instead :mrgreen:

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

i saw the name of thos thread, first thing i say:

"you gota be kidding"

tbh i dont belive it, but idk...

i wonder what this will do with the price pf the ss and whip. hmm

ss, nothing it will remain the best non dungeoneering strength training weapon, whip slight rise, as people sell there GS's and buy whips even though whip was already better in most places.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

=D>

I'll be happy with it mostly just to not see people in Barrows and Fire Cape running around with something blue and low leveled in their lefts.

Absolutely no idea how they would release it, but I am in favor of it just being shop-bought or upgraded with GP from a Rune Defender. They haven't done something like that in a while, as someone else here mentioned.

Hopefully when they release it they'll rename Godsword to something more fitting... :rolleyes:

Err, slightly unrelated, but are we able to just ask JaGEx any random questions using Twitter now?

2dgucz6.png

=D>

I'll be happy with it mostly just to not see people in Barrows and Fire Cape running around with something blue and low leveled in their lefts.

Absolutely no idea how they would release it, but I am in favor of it just being shop-bought or upgraded with GP from a Rune Defender. They haven't done something like that in a while, as someone else here mentioned.

Hopefully when they release it they'll rename Godsword to something more fitting... :rolleyes:

the saradomin godthissucksexceptforitsspecsword.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

=D>

the saradomin godthissucksexceptforitsspecsword.

Or you could call it the "WhydidIwastemymoneyonthiswhentheenhancedexcaliburisalmostasgoodandfree,ohmygod-sword"

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!