Dragon Defender confirmed.

CrashJordan

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any guesses for the stats?

i'd predict 30/29/28 stab/slash/crush attack/def and 7 str, but whatever they are, this will be a very sought after item for anything you plan to do. This will also make cls far worse off than cr than it is now.

As for how to get it, 500k tokens for it along with dungB2 release would be sweet.

5m exp worth of tokens for a defender when the weapons are only 200k. You just went full [developmentally delayed]ed.

Firstly, a dragon defender hasn't yet been released because it would be a major low blow to mages and rangers, as melee gets another great update and alot more combat ability. Secondly, there is nothing wrong in wanting items to be exclusive, and the shield slot is the one that has the most exclusive items. DSS and ESS would still be much, much harder to obtain but be worse than a dagon defender by a long mile. Thirdly, for the ability to obtain dragon defenders from say cyclopses, that isn't such a bad price. 5m xp will be around as tough as 2m now if you start from 80 after batch2, and you can get an infinite amount of them for a mid-high flat rate. This would also be another initative to train a skill jagex see as being undertrained atm.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

i'd predict 30/29/28 stab/slash/crush attack/def and 7 str, but whatever they are, this will be a very sought after item for anything you plan to do. This will also make cls far worse off than cr than it is now.

As for how to get it, 500k tokens for it along with dungB2 release would be sweet.

Uhhh. Sarcasm? Can't tell. 500k would be awful. Dung reward would be awful. [cabbage]. That skill is just so BAD. I was willing to wait until about now for Dungeoneering. Why release it 3 months early? I mean solo logouts should be [] 1

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I'm curious as to see how they'll handle this. The unique way in which you got the Bronze-Rune Defenders makes me think this won't be a simple monster drop. I'd love to see them incorporate some sort of Cyclops boss that can be fought for a certain amount of Tokens at the Warrior's Guild.

As for those complaining about how this will effect Rangers and Mages, it should be apparent at this point that runescape is a very melee combat centric game. Personally I'm tired of hearing about a proper combat triangle, its never going to happen.

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

I'm curious as to see how they'll handle this. The unique way in which you got the Bronze-Rune Defenders makes me think this won't be a simple monster drop. I'd love to see them incorporate some sort of Cyclops boss that can be fought for a certain amount of Tokens at the Warrior's Guild.

As for those complaining about how this will effect Rangers and Mages, it should be apparent at this point that runescape is a very melee combat centric game. Personally I'm tired of hearing about a proper combat triangle, its never going to happen.

It should happen. The game will be much better off if the combat triangle worked better, I think everyone knows that. People should stop being so defeatist about it.

As awesome as the dragon defender is, it isn't what is needed in the game right now. The whip will be far too powerful as a non-degrading weapon if they don't put any downsides to the defender.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I would love to know how they would add it to the game. Slayer Drop. New Boss Monster Drop. Warriors Guild Also?

I'm Going to collect my self some tokens in a while just in case =D

koolcookie0.png

Goals: 15m Slayer xp | 85 Herblore | 75+ All Stats | Chaotic Rapier | 125k/200k Tokens

I've always felt that the difference of 0.6 seconds between each speed class is too wide. Whip + dragon defenders can pretty much kill of all the slow weapons (not like we have any decent ones for training to begin with).

As to how it would be released,

Warrior's guild update + Cyclops boss = good

Dungeoneering = bad

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

Dragon defender: because melee isn't powerful enough already.

Until I can hit 500-490 with a single DDS spec, I am not satisfied. :twisted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2GRfeWuBI8&feature=feedu

:mrgreen:

They did say dungeoneering began with "B" though before it was released on YT. I wonder if cyclopses will drop it if it's released though?

imagangster.png

Uhhh. Sarcasm? Can't tell. 500k would be awful. Dung reward would be awful. [cabbage]. That skill is just so BAD. I was willing to wait until about now for Dungeoneering. Why release it 3 months early? I mean solo logouts should be [] 1

Mobilising armies is bad, but people still do it for similar bonuses. I just wouldn't want it to be too common and it would be fitting to release such a highly sought after item with the only endgame skill yet to be released. Dragon defender has to compete with DFS, DSS and ESS, so such a high cost wouldn't be anything groundbreaking for an infinite stock(ability to kill monsters for them). For everyone saying dragon def+ whip would be powerful: CR+rune def would still have ~ +3 accuracy and +17 strength over that combo, so it'd be nothing groundbreaking. CR+ dragon defender on the other hand...

Wow... very nice! Since I got me a Rune Defender, loved it since then. Dragon Defender will pwned.

Bandos Defender would be a bigger epic win though. :ph34r:

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

personally, im hoping its half monster drop, half shop bought. make it expensive enough that you wouldn't wana lose it pking, but low enough to replace on normal death. also, dragon defender+ My CLS = who needs a godsword? only thing it wouldn't have then is the pray bonus, and that's what soul wars cape is for :o

(also, lol at starting meme spam XD )

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

personally, im hoping its half monster drop, half shop bought. make it expensive enough that you wouldn't wana lose it pking, but low enough to replace on normal death. also, dragon defender+ My CLS = who needs a godsword? only thing it wouldn't have then is the pray bonus, and that's what soul wars cape is for :o

(also, lol at starting meme spam XD )

Hey, hey, how can adorable cats be spam? I mean LOOK AT IT :thumbsup:

aaugyq.jpg

So cute...And so relevant to this topic because a dragon defender WOULD be KICKASS!

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

Mobilising armies is bad, but people still do it for similar bonuses. I just wouldn't want it to be too common and it would be fitting to release such a highly sought after item with the only endgame skill yet to be released. Dragon defender has to compete with DFS, DSS and ESS, so such a high cost wouldn't be anything groundbreaking for an infinite stock(ability to kill monsters for them). For everyone saying dragon def+ whip would be powerful: CR+rune def would still have ~ +3 accuracy and +17 strength over that combo, so it'd be nothing groundbreaking. CR+ dragon defender on the other hand...

Yea. I agree with you in that case. I just really dislike Dung, and really like Defenders.

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

Well i really like combat, but really dislike MA, but i'm still propably going to get the rings somewhere down the road. The reward should equal the work dont to gain it. Though thinking back, a dungeon of 90 dungeoneering requirement to enter that concludes with a boss cyclops(level 200-300). This would make dungeoneering moe rewarding and feel less like a minigame, while keeping a powerful and well sought after item rare enough.

Announced to cushion the fail of boots! DUN LISTEN!

The new boots update was awful, I'm glad I don't range much, if I did, I'd be really annoyed.

Also, w00t I'm in your sig :)

How much were the stats updated by?

83 dungeoneerin is a good req

I think I can guess what your Dung level is XD

133143d1252671957-evora-racecar-house-do-want_thumbnail.jpg

Myself, and everyone here will most likely agree with this.

I concur.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

You know what? I think that putting the Dragon Defender as part of the mini dungeons that are planned would be a good idea.

Yes, more instanced content please! I hate competing with the crowds on release day :]

This really gets down to the morals of cheating versus the morals of being forced to throw away your life [1000's of hours] to access content you enjoy

Isn't life about throwing away your life (a job) to access content you enjoy?

Having it released as a dungeoneering reward would be a good idea, I always assumed they would bring it out with the Eastern Lands due to the origin of cyclopes, but if it is released with dungeoneering, well then I'd better get training :)

My legions of fans:

thestigclipboard.png