Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Most overrated band/artist

• Please log in to reply
232 replies to this topic

How2PK
[ Display Name History ]

How2PK

Troll General

• Members
  • 10,372 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

I could go on for hours about all the bands I hate. Pick anything that came out in the last 10 years and I'll probably hate it.

:lol:
Posted Image
Signature by Maurice Sendak
When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Nadril
[ Display Name History ]

Nadril

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 23,966 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

I could go on for hours about all the bands I hate. Pick anything that came out in the last 10 years and I'll probably hate it.

:lol:

:lol: x2

The only band I can really think off the top of my head is Tool. Too many people trying to find "deep" meanings in them. Don't get me wrong they aren't an awful band but people hype them too much for just being another rock band.

D Jay99
[ Display Name History ]

D Jay99

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,105 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:D Jay99
I actually really like Have a Nice Life even though I've never bothered to read the lyrics (nor the 75 page booklet :mellow:) :P

Most punkrock and stuff like that (the offspring sum41 and more of that) is really overrated, the songs are all the same and they usually have some fake happy sound to them.
And yeah I never really liked Tool, mostly because I couldn't care less if something is deep.
Posted Image

Tacos
[ Display Name History ]

Tacos

Dark Lord of Taco Bell

• Members
  • 692 posts
  • RSN:Taco Bell
  • RSN2:tacodude20
  • Clan:Tip it Events Team
Lady GaGa.

Nuff said.
Posted Image

mcneilp
[ Display Name History ]

mcneilp

SlĂ inte

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
Nirvana are pretty overrated. I still quite like them but i don't like all the hype and whatnot thats placed on Kurt Cobain.
It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below
Scottish friction
Scottish fiction

magekillr
[ Display Name History ]

magekillr

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,536 posts
Nirvana, the Who.

No, the Beatles were not overrated if you look at them in the context of their time; they changed music forever. I'm not even a Beatles fan and I can understand that.

Zierro
[ Display Name History ]

Zierro

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,253 posts

Nirvana, the Who.

No, the Beatles were not overrated if you look at them in the context of their time; they changed music forever. I'm not even a Beatles fan and I can understand that.

So did The Who. I don't think that has anything to do with them being overrated or not. I'm sick of hearing The Beatles everywhere I go. I mean, I don't think they're that horrible, just not good enough to be played as much as your average person wants them to be played. But then again, the thing with The Beatles is that they have sooo much music that everyone is bound to like at least one or two of their songs. Their music is applicable to many different generations and types of people, so I guess it shouldn't be a huge surprise to me that they're so popular.

Omar
[ Display Name History ]

Omar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,722 posts

Nirvana (ish)
Guns N Roses
Pearl Jam
AC/DC
80s metal...

The problem with saying these bands are overrated is that you weren't there at the time they were created. The concepts that were new at the time aren't really new anymore, they're nothing outstanding. That's sort of like saying the Beatles are overrated. They weren't when they were first releasing songs.

I hate the kids that can't find music on their own and have to use last.fm to get it.

I don't use last.fm, but wtf? How is there a better way to find music, efficiency aside?
Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can
Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?
Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?
Camera guy: still laughing
Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy
Camera guy: runs away still laughing
Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down
Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!
Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Range_This11
[ Display Name History ]

Range_This11

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,427 posts

I hate the kids that can't find music on their own and have to use last.fm to get it.

I don't use last.fm, but wtf? How is there a better way to find music, efficiency aside?

I guess to be fair there isn't anything wrong with using last.fm but to me it just feels like cheating. Every artist is spoon fed to you by your previous selections of music. It's like "Hey, you like this band, well you MUST like this band." Last.fm is good if you just want to listen to the same sounding stuff over and over again. For me, I look up artists on Wikipedia to see who they collaborated with, who their producer was, who else that producer has produced, and maybe I'll find a new artist that I like. I guess I just find music my own convoluted way.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Range_This11
[ Display Name History ]

Range_This11

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,427 posts

So did The Who. I don't think that has anything to do with them being overrated or not. I'm sick of hearing The Beatles everywhere I go. I mean, I don't think they're that horrible, just not good enough to be played as much as your average person wants them to be played. But then again, the thing with The Beatles is that they have sooo much music that everyone is bound to like at least one or two of their songs. Their music is applicable to many different generations and types of people, so I guess it shouldn't be a huge surprise to me that they're so popular.

No. The Who did nothing to influence and change music compared to the Beatles (even though I hate the Beatles). They're awesome and I love them, but The Who just played rock 'n' roll. While the Beatles were introspecting and becoming better artists, The Who was busy smashing their guitars and destroying their equipment.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

How2PK
[ Display Name History ]

How2PK

Troll General

• Members
  • 10,372 posts

For me, I look up artists on Wikipedia to see who they collaborated with, who their producer was, who else that producer has produced, and maybe I'll find a new artist that I like. I guess I just find music my own convoluted way.

What do you think Lastfm's suggestions are (partly) based on? Lastfm, wikipedia, it all comes down to the same thing.
Posted Image

Zierro
[ Display Name History ]

Zierro

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,253 posts

The Who was busy smashing their guitars and destroying their equipment.

Yeah, exactly. There are so many bands that have been inspired by The Who's vivacious rock style. Of course they didn't make as big of an impact as The Beatles, but there are many other bands who caused music to evolve. Black Sabbath is another one.

Range_This11
[ Display Name History ]

Range_This11

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,427 posts

The Who was busy smashing their guitars and destroying their equipment.

Yeah, exactly. There are so many bands that have been inspired by The Who's vivacious rock style. Of course they didn't make as big of an impact as The Beatles, but there are many other bands who caused music to evolve. Black Sabbath is another one.

Maybe inspired, but surely not influenced musically and artistically. That is a huge difference.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

Zierro
[ Display Name History ]

Zierro

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,253 posts
EDIT: What the hell? Double posted twice today. Is there something wrong with TIF or is it just me?

Omar
[ Display Name History ]

Omar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,722 posts

I guess to be fair there isn't anything wrong with using last.fm but to me it just feels like cheating. Every artist is spoon fed to you by your previous selections of music. It's like "Hey, you like this band, well you MUST like this band." Last.fm is good if you just want to listen to the same sounding stuff over and over again. For me, I look up artists on Wikipedia to see who they collaborated with, who their producer was, who else that producer has produced, and maybe I'll find a new artist that I like. I guess I just find music my own convoluted way.

You're thinking way too much. Music is made to be enjoyed. It's not a competition, there's no cheating.
Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can
Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?
Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?
Camera guy: still laughing
Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy
Camera guy: runs away still laughing
Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down
Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!
Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

How2PK
[ Display Name History ]

How2PK

Troll General

• Members
  • 10,372 posts
Agreed with Harrinator. Don't be so frustrated, Range. :thumbup:
Posted Image

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 7,789 posts

Nirvana (ish)
Guns N Roses
Pearl Jam
AC/DC
80s metal...

The problem with saying these bands are overrated is that you weren't there at the time they were created. The concepts that were new at the time aren't really new anymore, they're nothing outstanding. That's sort of like saying the Beatles are overrated. They weren't when they were first releasing songs.

I guess you're right, but I still feel like they have more fans than they deserve.

ElkNight
[ Display Name History ]

ElkNight

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,323 posts
Whoops wrong topic.
Posted Image
WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME
#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Atom Smash40
[ Display Name History ]

Atom Smash40

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Atom Smash40
  • RSN2:Gorgeous War
overrated artist.....Lil Wayne. he doesn't write his own material, and half of his songs arent even good. also, auto tune loser. now, the same could be said for many of today's artists, but i think that in the Rap genre, the biggest part is writing your own stuff because it's meaningful to you, and not about some ass you couldnt get because you were a [kitty] and didnt go get it. REAL rap that doesn't suck and is sadly overshadowed by today's BS includes stuff by Biggie, 2PAC, Eminem, Big L, Nas, Jay Z (old stuff), Rakim, Dre, etc.

overrated band.....Jonas Brothers. i dont need to hear [cabbage]ty guitar playing with [bleep]y vocals. and the disney channel [cabbage] along with those [bleep]ing 10 year old girls dont help either.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts

overrated artist.....Lil Wayne. he doesn't write his own material, and half of his songs arent even good. also, auto tune loser. now, the same could be said for many of today's artists, but i think that in the Rap genre, the biggest part is writing your own stuff because it's meaningful to you, and not about some ass you couldnt get because you were a [kitty] and didnt go get it. REAL rap that doesn't suck and is sadly overshadowed by today's BS includes stuff by Biggie, 2PAC, Eminem, Big L, Nas, Jay Z (old stuff), Rakim, Dre, etc.

overrated band.....Jonas Brothers. i dont need to hear [cabbage]ty guitar playing with [bleep]y vocals. and the disney channel [cabbage] along with those [bleep]ing 10 year old girls dont help either.

I think you're confusing "bad" and "overrated" here.

And I very much dislike the beatles, yet I'd be the last to call them overrated.

Nirvana I can see being overrated, just because of the massive amount of bandwagon fans.

In terms of G&R, their original lineup had phenomenal chemistry...once the first members started leaving, then I'd call them overrated. Definitely not the first album though.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users