Most overrated band/artist

Evil_Sabre

T-pain

autotune isnt music

Why not?

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

T-pain

This redeems him, at least slightly.

And this. He's definiatly overrated, but the man is talented. Besides, he brought auto-tuning to mainstream. That's gotta be worth something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U08iRYEnAEA

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Besides, he brought auto-tuning to mainstream.

You really think T-Pain made auto-tune mainstream? More like he overused something that was interesting until he completely killed it.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Pearl Jam. There's only like two songs I think are alright. I do think that they're very talented musically, but they just didn't take it in the right direction. Oh and their name is gross.

jay sean

jason derulo

selene gomez (and for that matter, any disney music prod)

and would A7X be considered overrated?

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

and would A7X be considered overrated?

Yes.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Obviously Gun n Roses but Nirvana? I see where your coming from but I don't agree. Personally I think the most Overated band is most defitnately the beatles. I respect what they were at their time but now they would most likely sound crap to someone who hadn't heard them before (somone under a rock obviously :P) while the stones who were around at the same time are still good.

~Duck

Runescape - Currently In-active and a cancelled membership due to a broken computer and a cabbage laptop!

2xBarrowsReward

1600SkillTotalReached|08/05/2010

(Previously 'Darkknightider', wow that was a bad name :p)

Obviously Gun n Roses but Nirvana? I see where your coming from but I don't agree. Personally I think the most Overated band is most defitnately the beatles. I respect what they were at their time but now they would most likely sound crap to someone who hadn't heard them before (somone under a rock obviously :P) while the stones who were around at the same time are still good.

~Duck

The reason a lot of people defend the Beatles is that without them a lot of the stuff that sounds 'better' wouldn't be around. They were more innovative than the Stones, for example, which you can hear in their later stuff.

Hmm. I could argue that Muse is musically leagues ahead of many performers out there, because they really do make impressive music. But I've seen some ridiculous fans, so I can understand the hate :P

wl7w9j.png

~Duck

The reason a lot of people defend the Beatles is that without them a lot of the stuff that sounds 'better' wouldn't be around. They were more innovative than the Stones, for example, which you can hear in their later stuff.

I totally agree that they were innovative etc but I mean to listen to them now and still to see them as the greatest band (at the current time) is just overrated.

~Duck

Runescape - Currently In-active and a cancelled membership due to a broken computer and a cabbage laptop!

2xBarrowsReward

Lady GaGa.

Nuff said.

Most stuff on the radio.

Agreed.

Overhyped and overrated, it's kinda annoying.

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

I've realised more recently that Muse are incredibly overrated, I hate to sound pretentious but their music sounds 'overprocessed'

I agree. They are incredibly overrated, this became apparent with their most recent CD.

tFtfA.jpg

I've realised more recently that Muse are incredibly overrated, I hate to sound pretentious but their music sounds 'overprocessed'

I agree. They are incredibly overrated, this became apparent with their most recent CD.

Yeah there most recent album was a disappointment tbh, except for uprising :P and neutron star collision is overplayed and annoying.

That being said, their first album was good.

Nah, I would say black holes and revelations, and absolution were the best two albums.

~Duck

2xBarrowsReward

overrated:

linkin park - they try too hard. Their only good sing in my opinion is 'leave out all the rest'

kesha - popstar wannabe with too much attitude and cheesy lyrics, catchy, but cheesy

metallica - come on everytime i watch C4 this is ALWAYS on. There are other metal bands you know.

All a matter of opinion though

2vuhgcn.png

metallica - come on everytime i watch C4 this is ALWAYS on. There are other metal bands you know.

The thing with them is that it may not be the band itself that's overrated as much as some of the albums. Master of Puppets is not the greatest thing to ever happen to music, nor is the self-titled one. Yet that's really all that comes up with them.

Mostly saying that because I'm sick to death of Enter Sandman. They had other songs, and most of them are better.

They seem to be the most accessible metal band in a genre that, as a whole, is pretty much love it or hate it.

Not trying to [cabbage] up this thread, OP... but honestly, wouldn't a "most underrated bands/bands not many have heard of" thread be a bit more interesting? At least people could discover new music that way. This is just effortless "heh, look at me and which popular bands I DON'T LIKE". It really serves no other purpose than to annoy individuals who like those particular bands. I'm aware that I'm guilty of this as well.

I guess what I'm trying to say is if someone was to make a thread like that I would totally post in it.

2009rb9.jpg

Not trying to [cabbage] up this thread, OP... but honestly, wouldn't a "most underrated bands/bands not many have heard of" thread be a bit more interesting? At least people could discover new music that way. This is just effortless "heh, look at me and which popular bands I DON'T LIKE". It really serves no other purpose than to annoy individuals who like those particular bands. I'm aware that I'm guilty of this as well.

I guess what I'm trying to say is if someone was to make a thread like that I would totally post in it.

I already did.

Click

I already did.

Click

Oh hey, I even remember that thread as well.

2009rb9.jpg