Tipit what happened?

XpLiCiT_

well i have been looking at old old topics here at tipit and it seems that a lot of top 20 clans used to post here but what happend, now mostly the posts are made y twr clans. was there any incident that caused a mass leave :o

The main reason in my opinion is because of RSC, but now we've improved majorly, such as double posts/topics/users from 2 years ago to last year and we've been improving since then. More top Clans joining TWR and such.

a70kf.png

Divine Forces | #DF on irc.seersirc.net | Most Motivated |

http://rs-df.com/forums

Tip.It was once the leading fansite for clanning/warring - no contest. However, the moderators (and I'd say the staff as a whole) at the time were terribly strict, and several disputes between TIF admins/moderators and the clan community led to the Clan and PvP Boards being shut down for quite awhile. The clan community then flocked to Zybez (a fledgling site back then), as I understand it, since the RSC staff advertised a "hands-off" approach to moderation in addition to a relaxed censor when they saw that Tip.It had closed its door to clans. There's really no doubt about it; RSC's rise in the clan world was a direct result of Tip.It's failures.

I'm glad to say that this was years and years ago, though, and that the Tip.It staff are marvelous now (most of the past staff have long since moved on). I'm happy to see that the Clan Boards here are thriving once more. :)

Wir sind durch Not und Freude

gegangen Hand in Hand;

vom Wandern ruhen wir

nun überm stillen Land.

i dont see tip it going down tbh there has been more clans posting in here but not of that big impact as Top 10 but we still have alot posting in here daily

there has been more activity than before and well most clans like to post on RSC since it makes a bigger impact than it does in here on tip it

Edit: stop bumping old topics..even thought it brings you back memories it just makes new topics sink down and thats what we dont want :)

cafq0zh5.gifElite Member of Ascension | hrkot2.gifSenior Member of Silent Ember | 3145bsw.jpgOld School of TPR

unled2hm.png

Yup, tip.it used to be the home of the clan world. All the top 10 clans used to post here. Shame that RSC took that role over. Now it seems like there's only a couple of top 20 clans, and the rest are just TWR.

[2010] Proud Member of Downfall

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

(...and Anarchy for a few weeks... shhh...)

Blame the strict mods tip.it has atm.

Hardly, let me give you a history lesson.

From 2001 to l early to mid 2004 tip.it was the mecca and absolute pinnacle of the clan world. No other fansite really held a candle. Mid 2004 came and lots of changes came about and the site got alot stricter. At the time, the staff had clan mods, but they could not control the section, and generally the clan / PK sections were anarchy. The Administration of that era pissed themselves in fear and started to crack down and hand out ban's like MMG handed out millions with the boot update. Tons of top clan people were banned, From the top clans to the bottom, myself included in that lot. Tip.it eventually locked the clan boards for 2 weeks for a "timeout" and everyone said "Screw this" and left. Lots of people went to either RSC or Rsnewera - a site ran by pepsi24.

Tip.it's staff eventually changed, and became focused on providing a community focused on providing a quality environment for the users. The Non-PvP aspects of the forum begin to pick back up.

Recently in early 2008 efforts were made in Late 2007/early 2008 to rebuild the clan section, a focus group was formed called the clan improvement council and brainstorming began.

2 years later, Here we are. I'm proud of the Clan Staff we have today and feel they do a superior job. It's an absolute pleasure to work with professional individuals who want nothing more than to see our clan section improve. I feel like all of our clan staff is focused on improvement. Now some people may disagree with me, but i will always take time out to investigate any claims of unfairness or biased moderation. and be more than welcome to take any negative feedback you may have (PM it please if it's about an individual)

We have fought an uphill battle for 2 years, and will continue to do so, and are always open to constructive criticism or new ideas.

So sorry sir, But I do believe you are wrong in the historical aspect of what happened :)

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

It'd be nice to see Das around more :>

Anywayz others have answered, although I don't mind being "2nd" rate or w/e to RSC. RSC is more of Post count + Registration Date + Clan ur in + how well you can play into the popular propaganda trends otherwise you're posts are ignored/not important.

6590ew.jpg

I need to work on maintaining a more public presence. i'll try to do that.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Pretty obvious; changes during years made Zybez more interesting for clans (and Das taking less part in the Clan World) is (/are) the main reason(s) for it, strange you come up with it now.

Would be highly appreciated if TIF Clan section would be given more action of the Top 20 clans. :)

pieter00777.jpg

tpr.png

12,079 Profile views. Get on my level.

Anywayz others have answered, although I don't mind being "2nd" rate or w/e to RSC. RSC is more of Post count + Registration Date + Clan ur in + how well you can play into the popular propaganda trends otherwise you're posts are ignored/not important.

+ how hard you look for attention.

Community here is better and I haven't really noticed any unfair modding (which is meant to be a compliment but probably isn't coming off as one).

25zhwts.png

[email protected] - EoS Former Leader - Message if you need anything

well considering i wasnt around back then i cant really say but from what i just read above, it is summed up there.

bumping old topics = fail too

oh and if you had noticed look at the wars & runins section where a few more top clans are posting their fights (even if it isnt the officials someone still does it)

Df, Rsd, CR & more have been so its looking on the rise again ;)

well i have been looking at old old topics here at tipit and it seems that a lot of top 20 clans used to post here but what happend, now mostly the posts are made y twr clans. was there any incident that caused a mass leave :o
Many of the top clans back then no longer have their old power. Sabres, Jagz, Exer, and 'The' are all fractions of their former selves. BK, Gladz, and TRWF are in decent shape these days. As for RSD, they're one of today's most dominant clans. Still, the size of the wars are nowhere as massive as they used to be; in general, the clan world shrunk but has become more organized.

Clans like DS, ST, MK, Fear, RR, and even DI have all closed. Also, junior clans are a thing of the past. I do have to say, though, DI was the most stable top clan throughout their lifetime.

I need to work on maintaining a more public presence. i'll try to do that.
Good to hear.

Tip.It was once the leading fansite for clanning/warring - no contest. However, the moderators (and I'd say the staff as a whole) at the time were terribly strict, and several disputes between TIF admins/moderators and the clan community led to the Clan and PvP Boards being shut down for quite awhile. The clan community then flocked to Zybez (a fledgling site back then), as I understand it, since the RSC staff advertised a "hands-off" approach to moderation in addition to a relaxed censor when they saw that Tip.It had closed its door to clans. There's really no doubt about it; RSC's rise in the clan world was a direct result of Tip.It's failures.

I'm glad to say that this was years and years ago, though, and that the Tip.It staff are marvelous now (most of the past staff have long since moved on). I'm happy to see that the Clan Boards here are thriving once more. :)

You forgot that after TIF closed the clan section in an attempt to punish, everyone went to DI boards. Then they migrated to RSC.

It was foolish of the staff at the time to think temporarily closing the clan section would garner no consequences, but we all learn.

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

I prefer it like this to be honest, the way it is now.

Yea we have clan beef and trolls on every topic especially, just like RSC.

However Tip.It's level of it is Definetly on a MUCH Smaller Scale.

I use both RSC and Tip.It and it's nice to not have a trend of the "top 10-20" and "3rd party posting" here on Tip.It.

Tip.It Forums are alot more Sound and Peaceful then RSC, which is a +.

I've even seen clans switch from RSC and start to post on Tip.It Forums more or less so cause of it too.

Sure our activity isn't the Best compared to other Sites - but that's just something to Encourage in the Future.

van_sig.png

Blame the strict mods tip.it has atm.

Hardly, let me give you a history lesson.

From 2001 to l early to mid 2004 tip.it was the mecca and absolute pinnacle of the clan world. No other fansite really held a candle. Mid 2004 came and lots of changes came about and the site got alot stricter. At the time, the staff had clan mods, but they could not control the section, and generally the clan / PK sections were anarchy. The Administration of that era pissed themselves in fear and started to crack down and hand out ban's like MMG handed out millions with the boot update. Tons of top clan people were banned, From the top clans to the bottom, myself included in that lot. Tip.it eventually locked the clan boards for 2 weeks for a "timeout" and everyone said "Screw this" and left. Lots of people went to either RSC or Rsnewera - a site ran by pepsi24.

Tip.it's staff eventually changed, and became focused on providing a community focused on providing a quality environment for the users. The Non-PvP aspects of the forum begin to pick back up.

Recently in early 2008 efforts were made in Late 2007/early 2008 to rebuild the clan section, a focus group was formed called the clan improvement council and brainstorming began.

2 years later, Here we are. I'm proud of the Clan Staff we have today and feel they do a superior job. It's an absolute pleasure to work with professional individuals who want nothing more than to see our clan section improve. I feel like all of our clan staff is focused on improvement. Now some people may disagree with me, but i will always take time out to investigate any claims of unfairness or biased moderation. and be more than welcome to take any negative feedback you may have (PM it please if it's about an individual)

We have fought an uphill battle for 2 years, and will continue to do so, and are always open to constructive criticism or new ideas.

So sorry sir, But I do believe you are wrong in the historical aspect of what happened :)

Jeez.... so that's what happened. I always wonder why CD is so inactive, not like it used to be in the old days. My very last time being super active user on tip.it CD was stone age '03.

Now I mostly used RSC Clan Discussion only to keep up with the clan world, but to many trolls and trash talk over there though... *Sigh* suck it up I guess.

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

Tip.It will be back to it's glory days soon. ;)

Genesis Leader

Ending Templar & Trial Caller of The Rising

Ex-Leader of Silent Ember - Ex-Leader of True Ownage - Ex-Leader of Legendz

Former Tip.It Clan Community Leader

I like Tip.It for the same reason I like my clan; we're not the biggest or the best at anything, but hell we've got a good sense of community and the fighting and arguing is more often than not dismissed as banter. Goodluck finding what we've got at RSC- I can hardly stand to read the clan section over there, every second post is a troll.

Look guys... I absolutely must be a mass baby-seal murderer!

Rsc clans > Tipit clans

I'm sure that everyone would greatly appreciate feedback to help make it the other way round. :P

I don't think I was one to pay attention to the Clan Side of Tip.it back in the days (hell, I didn't even pay attention to any sort of clansmanship; it was Edgeville dancing for me baby.) But nowadays, despite not being in a Clan, I like this place - lurking around and looking at the odd discussion. It's nice and relaxed and I can only see it getting better. Besides, who gives a monkey about what happened in the past, its all about moving forward and building for the future. ;)