Tip.It Times - 27th June 2010

Racheya

I think one person noticed the cheap price of Climbing boots and thought "WTF this is to cheap!", changes the price, community goes crazy and Jagex later gives the excuse the person responisble thought.

Now my problem with that is:

Why did only climbing boots get changed?

And what the point of Climbing boots? We had to do a quest for it.

And of course:

Who will buy climbing boots now. It's basically a useless item.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CLIMBING BOOTS:

+2 Strength bonus

Costs 75,000

RUNE BOOTS:

+2 Strength bonus

+12 Stab defence, 13 Slash defence, 14 Crush defence, +10 Summon defence

Costs 102,000

PRICE DIFFERENCE:

A price enough to pay for Rune boots good defence stats.

RESULT OF THIS CRAP

Another item [bleep]ed up and now useless.

WHAT JAGEX WILL DO?

Take down price of Climbing boots to somewhere between 10,000 GP to 30,000 GP

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And you sir, are one of the annoying nitpickers I talk about in my article, and therefor your criticism is often ignored :D

I thought you wanted criticism...

I do :) but if people focus on the grammar and spelling, instead of the message the article brings, then you're not going to convince me you've read the article the way it was meant :)

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Adding the word "personally" indicates for whom the writer is speaking. Simply saying "I" is inconclusive. The writer could have been saying "I, as a member of the Supreme Court of the United States of America" or "I, as a woman," or any of a thousand thousand other possible combinations.

If you use "I" you already are telling the reader for whom you are speaking. Anything else is irrelevant, it's just wrong.

Explain, then, how both these sentences are true and how you would clarify them, if at all. They are both the same speaker and used in the same paragraph.

" I, ________, wouldn't urinate on Paul Reiser if he was on fire."

"I, ________, would work to keep Paul Reiser alive using all means available to me."

You just don't like adverbs, is that it?

This might be one of the least interesting signatures on the forum. Sorry.

And you sir, are one of the annoying nitpickers I talk about in my article, and therefor your criticism is often ignored :D

I thought you wanted criticism...

I do :) but if people focus on the grammar and spelling, instead of the message the article brings, then you're not going to convince me you've read the article the way it was meant :)

I agree with TS. Unless the article's grammar and spelling is terrible, noone should complain much. The articles are supposed to bring discussion on issues with Jagex, not on grammar and spelling.

Like i have said, Rachyas article sums up what we already know, so i found it boring.

Oh and if anyone want to grammar/spell check my writing, PLEASE DO. I appreciate the critism!

Oh and if anyone want to grammar/spell check my writing, PLEASE DO. I appreciate the critism!

First, sorry if I got the quote part wrong, I think I did it correctly. Second, I'll see if I can get my wife to look over your stuff. She's a professional transcriptionist and really knows her spelling and grammar. Why do you think I never ever use the often accepted abbreviations? I'd get in trouble!! I'll have to try to talk her into it, she knows nothing about Runescape, and so has little interest.

This might be one of the least interesting signatures on the forum. Sorry.

Random note, wasn't sure where this should go but...

"...that if you have your varrock teleport setting for the G.E, that anyone using your house portal will also be teleported to the G.E.? (Thanks to joerlegacy!)"

That DYK is repeated twice on the DYK archives, thought that should be noted.

Sorry if this doesn't belong here!